For The Lovers Of Lomography

Guest zsuzsaBAMBAM

Guest Justalilodreamer

^ you mean instant as in polaroid? o-o i THINK any expired color film may give you interesting effects if you take it with a toy cam.

OMG the diana mini shoots in 35mm?!?! half frame AND square frames? :o :o and its mini... AWESOME!

im am SO selling my diana+ for this. heres a gallery of pics taken with the diana mini link

anyone interested in buying? new in box and everything :) comes with 8 rolls of 120 film (sorry i dont mean to advertise again -_ -)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest strawberry.llamas

w00t i haven't been here in a while!

i can FEEL the passion for lomo guys.. :lol:

so i just came back from a few trips.. i need to remind myself to buy more EB3!! (Elitechrome 100) .. it's been a long time since i used one.. and i almost forgot how awesome it was with lomo cameras ahh

%7Boption%7Dhttp://farm3.static.flickr.com/2536/3839282060_9e80066b7a_m.jpg%7Boption%7D %7Boption%7Dhttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3516/3839282166_d74a09478a_m.jpg%7Boption%7D

thenn here is from my recent trip to Hokkaido!!!! (SO MUCH FUN!)

%7Boption%7Dhttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3462/3836691552_d1153450e8_m.jpg%7Boption%7D

a while back.. the lomo store was hiring.. and i almost had a heart attack LOL

i really want to work there : ( but too bad it was mid august already..

Breathless: what you said about Diana and it's add-ons being expensive. YOU HAVE SPOKEN MY MIND.

AGH.. and i haven't used my Diana Instax either... pah

what scanner do you use? Your pictures are so...detailed lol.

Oh, has anybody tried doing light graffiti with the bulb setting on their lomos? I don't have a fancy smancy dslr to use :[

Guest crescendoll

w00t i haven't been here in a while!

i can FEEL the passion for lomo guys.. :lol:

so i just came back from a few trips.. i need to remind myself to buy more EB3!! (Elitechrome 100) .. it's been a long time since i used one.. and i almost forgot how awesome it was with lomo cameras ahh

thenn here is from my recent trip to Hokkaido!!!! (SO MUCH FUN!)

a while back.. the lomo store was hiring.. and i almost had a heart attack LOL

i really want to work there : ( but too bad it was mid august already..

Breathless: what you said about Diana and it's add-ons being expensive. YOU HAVE SPOKEN MY MIND.

AGH.. and i haven't used my Diana Instax either... pah

THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I WANT THE LC-A+.

Beautiful shots, as always, miiloverx2~~

Hi, I'm a newbie to lomography. Is the Diana Mini (http://shop.lomography.com/shop/main.php?cat=&pro=dmc) a good camera to start out with? I've been googling around and I've also discovered the golden superhalf. Both toy cameras allow you to take half-frame shots. Does anyone know which one is better or should I start off with a different lomography camera altogether O_O ? Thanks for your help

Guest breathless.

^ I loved my golden half. Well, I haven't really heard of the mini diana until this thread. I guess the diana is more versatile ?

Both the LCA + Horizon are tooooooo expensive T_T I covet them though... also, the blackbird fly. THERE ARE TOO MANY CAMERAS !

the philippines pictures are neverending...

052dgl.jpg

Guest strawberry.llamas

I don't understand the rage about lomography.. can someone explain it to me? ^_^

It's photography. But instead of worrying about the lighting and focusing.

It's more like impulsive gut feeling.

Where you can just take a picture and ooh and aah at the awesome effects that you didn't have to photoshop in.

:D

i hope this makes sense hehe.

Guest VietChink

Can't you do that with a point and shoot? But then again they don't have the cool effects I guess. Why do lomography cameras use expired film?

Guest leeahh

Can't you do that with a point and shoot? But then again they don't have the cool effects I guess. Why do lomography cameras use expired film?

for cooler effects. =] expired film tends to have colour shifts or desaturated colour so yeah it can either go like crazy or have a softer feel to it =]

Guest breathless.

I don't usually use expired film, i've been traveling around and I just buy 400ISO from the film shops; at school I buy expired though, but only because it's cheaper :x

honestly, there is something magical about film... the colors, the light leaks, even the noise and the small scratches. I used to shoot digital 24/7, but my DSLR is currently collecting dust.

photo2230.jpg

I get giddy waiting for the film to get developed. Honestly, there are some crap shots, when fingers are in the picture, etc. I mean, with digital, it's instant gratification and you can take as many as you want. You can look through and delete, and edit, and etc, but with film, that's not the case. You get, what you get.

I was in the Philippines when I looked out my bus and there was the most perfect shot. I seriously got an adrenaline rush, staring out. We were at a red light, and when I looked down, in one of the jeepneys, there was a man, his back to the window, one hand slung out. The back of the shirt said "I survived"--and everything else about him was in shadow. It was perfection, but I was a second too slow :/ The picture is not good haha.

I was going to buy the Diana mini today but they were sold out at the Times Square Log On. I'm going to the TST one tomorrow, hopefully they'll have them there ~! So excited, it's really really adorable... the weight is good & ah, 35mm !! it's $470HKD

freaking flash is about the same price though -_-

Guest miiloverx2

^LOL i was at TS just now!! it was so freakin crowded and the stupid escalator was broken -.- wtf..

i want the mini too.. but i feel like i have too many cameras.. i should probably sell my old fisheye.. but the rubbery parts have become yellowish now (gross)

At my internship, there is this drawer full (literally) with expired 120 film. It calls out to me T_T; My photographers haven't touched the stuff in like three years! SIGH

thanks! and those expired film... JUST GRAB THEM ALREADY hahahhaa bet the photographers don't even know they're there hahaha just kiddin :P

what scanner do you use? Your pictures are so...detailed lol.

Oh, has anybody tried doing light graffiti with the bulb setting on their lomos? I don't have a fancy smancy dslr to use :[

wish i had a film scanner at home .. but i just tell the photo lab to scan it into a cd-rom for me! much better than having to deal with a billion photo albums (i used to develop all my pictures.. ugh.. takes up so much space!)

and light graffiti!! - well.. I havent tried but i'm planning to do it with my diana instax.. so i get instant satisfaction LOL i actually tried using my DSLR's flash with the diana instax (because i dont have the diana flash).. and it is quite fun!

THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I WANT THE LC-A+.

Beautiful shots, as always, miiloverx2~~

thanks! LC-A/LC-A+ is one heck of a camera that is totally worth buying!

it's such a promising camera.. never lets me down hahah

if anyone's interested.. maybe we could try swapping films and do some double exposures sometime!

Guest leeahh

honestly, there is something magical about film... the colors, the light leaks, even the noise and the small scratches. I used to shoot digital 24/7, but my DSLR is currently collecting dust.

this totally made me smile this big ^_____________________________________________________________________^

the diana mini sounds like an awesome camera! the funny thing is, during the past month, my friend was thinking of getting a camera that gives square format photos and one that uses 35mm film. but we kinda couldn't think of any film camera that does that, probably except the blackbird fly. and she didn't want that because i think the price is quite steep? yesterday i came to this thread and i found out about the diana mini. i was so excited and all, and went to read the stuff on lomography.com. it totally fits my friend's criteria! and in fact it's even better, because of that half frame thingy that is similar to the goldenhalf! haha, now me and my friend are gonna place an order for it through lomographyasia.com, hong kong! YAYYYYYYY!

sorry for the long-winded post. i just had to post it! it's just SOOOOO coincidental! HAHAHA. i can't waittttttttttt for it to arrive!

Guest leeahh

d0ts i totally feel ya! I've been wanting a new 35mm lomo that takes square format haha [didn't wanna buy the diana 35mm back xP]

I seriously want a Diana Mini now actually. far out the square format just seriously entices me.

but then I think if I do get it, I'd totally neglect my Diana F+ Glow coz well.. 120 film is not cheap at all ><

and I have a whole lot of expired 35mm film just waiting to be used.

I have yet to check if my local lomo shop sells it though, Australia being on the other side of nowhere, we're pretty delayed

when it comes to gizmos and gadgets. :angry:

the Mini would be awesome to take along to parties too! mwahaha

far out more than double the amount of shots I could take compared to my Diana...

to Galaxy [my Diana F+], forgive me. :(

Guest breathless.

^ lol I know what you mean, I'm giving my Diana to my sister. Honestly, I love square format, but 120 is so expensive, and for only 12 shots... the 35mm square is SO tempting.

I'm leaving Hong Kong tomorrow T_T I scourged around in TST for a diana mini, but everywhereee is sold out until Tuesday ! EVERYWHERE.

GAH ! I'm going to Korea, so if I don't find it there, I'm either going to order it offline or have my sister to buy it Tuesday and send it to me...

SIGHs.

UPDATE: My sister bought the diana mini + flash for me from the lomo website; hopefully It'll be waiting for me at home back in the states !

haha. yeah, it is just so tempting right! i love square format so much! and i have so many films left, both 35mm and 120mm. so i guess i can use both... i even considered bringing the diana mini to prom at the end of this year! haha, i just need to think of a way to store it inside... something... anything! LOL.

Guest emceej

wowww. the mini diana is definitely a killer!

if i only knew...i wouldn't have asked my aunt to buy a diana F+ a few weeks ago.

with that being said, i got my diana F+ a while ago.

my first roll was a failure. when i got it developed, it was blank but it had a few traces from the shots. i got really disappointed that i wanted to give up D: i was about to cry on the film store. lol! but im on my second roll and hopefully it turns out ok. i was so excited and took pictures like crazy. guess when i failed, it created lots of disappointments cuz i was so excited when i got it. does anyone know a website full of tuts and techniques? reading the manual over and over didn't really help. such a noob -_______-' the lady at the lomographic embassy, told me the problem could've been my settings. can anyone explain to me the aperture settings? like what settings should i use indoors in a well-lit place? and the "N" and "B" hella confuse me. i normally just use "N" even on my nighttime shots. ahh. so confusing TT__TT

but the good thing is, i got myself a bunch of 120 film from the philippines :D so much cheaper there. $3-4 for a fuji provia. got myself 20 rolls before i left lool. here in the states, provia is around $10. im seriously gonna go broke. nice thing though, i just found out wal-mart develops 120 film ^^

^ i don't know about any good websites... but you can probably go and google it? anyway, you must know the N and B modes. N is for normal conditions and use it only when it's bright and sunny [outdooors]. B is called bulb mode, meaning u can hold down the shutter release button for as long as you want so as to allow more light to "go into" the lens or smth like that. i'm not the pro at such stuff, but... i hope you get it. so, when using B mode, place your camera on a tripod, or anything stable [eg: a table], so as to prevent the blurring of images. you can use B mode under dim light conditions. if you wanna use N mode indoors, do use the flash. or else nothing will appear if the lighting conditions are not good.

also, remember to set the other one... i forgot what it's called. i think it's the aperture? the one with the cloudy sign, sunny sign, pinhole etc. just turn the knob according to the weather conditions/setting. Pinhole is a little different though... i think it's a little like the B mode? but the pics will turn out softer looking i think. i'm not sure, u can probably find more information by researching.

anyway, my diana mini reached today! i'm so excited to use it! it's really small and SO CUTE!

Guest breathless.

^ I JUST GOT MY DIANA MINI TOO. My sister got it for me with the flash. I'm so in love with it, it's small and adorable. I'm buying film first thing in the morning~

I'm really scared of breaking it... I'm rereading the manual over and over again T_T;;

Honestly, it's really all about experimentation. I tend to use 400 film, and when its sunny and bright out, I use N-- when its cloudy I use B; but hey, that's the fun (and frustrating) part of it !

Guest leeahh

I emailed the lomography suppliers here in Aus and they said the Diana Mini isn't gonna be in stock here till October. =.= laaaaaaaaame

can't wait to see your shots guys! B)

Archived