World's No.1 Fairness Cream

Guest Chameli

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest toiletpaper

oohh...i've used this one but i ran out of it...

it's really nice and smells good...

it can VANISH marks too...

did you get it at a store or online??

Ran a Google search (I was looking for ingredients)

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...13092720AAd6BNn

Seems like Fair and Lovely is more like a makeup cream that makes your skin appear whiter and then gradually may fade it... or may not?

Still can't find an ingredients list. I'll pop by one of my local Indian markets sometime soon to see if they have it...

NVM. found it.

http://sterlingsilversguesso.stores.yahoo.net/fai.html

Other details from the site (taking from a Yahoo! Shopping page)

VITAMIN B3, Fair & Lovely's proven fairness vitamin for over twenty five years, at never-before leves, works from within to restrict melanin, makes skin visibly fairer.

VITAMIN C, gives even-toned fairness, reduces discolouration, provides natural glow to skin.

VITAMIN A,: Enhances skin elasticity, strengthens skin cells, smoothens and nourishes skin.

VITAMIN E: Hydrates the skin from within, protects skin from free radicals, nourishes and rejuvenates it.

What will the fairness cream do? Give total fairness in four weeks that rivals the best professional beauty treatments, but without bleach or harmful chemicals that can damage skin.

Will the fairness cream work on my skin? Yes! Developed after three years of research in Unilever laboratories, tested with over two thousand Asian women, across skin types and profiles, the cream is uniquely tailored to your skin needs and enviroment.

Patented, siloconeenhanced vanishing cream gives matte effect on skin that lasts.

Triple suncscreen system, protects from the sun's darkening UVA and UVB rays

Allantoin, activates the FAL vitamin system to gibe you radiant fairness

KEY INGREDIENTS Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), tOCOPHERYL aCETATE (VITAMIN E Derivatitive). Motivational Ingredients: Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C Derivative), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A Derivative)

MADE IN INDIA

NET WT 100g

I still don't get why people want to be whiter, just work with what you've got. I remember a few years ago that they found chemicals in creams claiming to whiten the skin that were dangerous. Since then I've always been quite sceptic about them.

Ironic.

Guest eunji86

I still don't get why people want to be whiter, just work with what you've got. I remember a few years ago that they found chemicals in creams claiming to whiten the skin that were dangerous. Since then I've always been quite sceptic about them.

Because it's considered to be beautiful with whiter skin in asian countries. And the chemical is called Hydroquinone. It's now illegal (I believe) to have more than 2% in bleaching creams. There are plenty of other whitening creams that are not as harsh. I used a treatment from Shiseido that contained Kojic Acid as it's main "whitening"ingredient and it's derived from mushrooms (if my memory serves me correctly). By the way some people (like myself) have super white body but tanned face... I just want to get back to a uniform color. Now I've learned my lesson and apply sunscreen everyday.

Guest YUNMii.

Yeah, I've read on Wikipedia that most Whitening Creams decrease your IQ (look up Whitening Cream). :mellow:

I still need to whiten my skin though. <_<

Guest super_gaemi

Yeah, I've read on Wikipedia that most Whitening Creams decrease your IQ (look up Whitening Cream). :mellow:

I still need to whiten my skin though. <_<

ummm..iono if your school taught you dis yet but Wikipedia is not a good source for information.

Anyone can put anything about anything on that site...sooo yeaaa...~~

btw..sorry if i sound mean and critical...i just wanted you to know that.... :sweatingbullets:

the thing is, im sure most of us arent that dark to begin with, so its so hard to see if it even works.

but if ti does +O+

Yeah, I've read on Wikipedia that most Whitening Creams decrease your IQ (look up Whitening Cream). ^ ^ QUOTE FROM ABOVE.

well drinking causes your brain cellz to die and people still friggen drink lol . xD

Guest noodlenoodle

Because it's considered to be beautiful with whiter skin in asian countries. And the chemical is called Hydroquinone. It's now illegal (I believe) to have more than 2% in bleaching creams. There are plenty of other whitening creams that are not as harsh. I used a treatment from Shiseido that contained Kojic Acid as it's main "whitening"ingredient and it's derived from mushrooms (if my memory serves me correctly). By the way some people (like myself) have super white body but tanned face... I just want to get back to a uniform color. Now I've learned my lesson and apply sunscreen everyday.

Oh, I do understand that its very fashionable to be pale nowadays in Asian countries. I live in UK, and most Caucasian girls I know all want a tan. Personally, I find that most of the time, people look better working with their natural skin tone rather than try to whiten or tan themselves.

Ironic.

And what makes you say that? If its about my skintone, then I've always been pale and I've never used any whitening cream before.

Guest addickshun

^ i really agree with what you said :x

i'm pale to the max but it's my natural tone.

if you have a pale tone naturally it wouldn't matter if you get a tan

cuz' the tan will slowly fade and your pale tone will appear again.

Oh, I do understand that its very fashionable to be pale nowadays in Asian countries. I live in UK, and most Caucasian girls I know all want a tan. Personally, I find that most of the time, people look better working with their natural skin tone rather than try to whiten or tan themselves.

when you say people look better with their natural skin tone...ppl don't just have one tone. like i've beeen really pale and i've been really tan... so which one do i look better as?

if someone's natural skin tone is white and they tanned on purpose over the summer why shouldn't they use whitening products to go back to their "natural skin tone"?

but i personally wouldnt use this specific product cuz looks liek no one has tried it

Guest noodlenoodle

when you say people look better with their natural skin tone...ppl don't just have one tone. like i've beeen really pale and i've been really tan... so which one do i look better as?

Well, for instance, I'm very pale during the winter, and during summer I have a light tan. I don't try and turn myself really pale in summer or try and turn myself really tanned in winter, if you get what I mean? I also buy different toned foundation to suit/match my skintone (as its natural to have different skintones during different seasons) rather than trying to change the colour of it. .

if someone's natural skin tone is white and they tanned on purpose over the summer why shouldn't they use whitening products to go back to their "natural skin tone"?

Well, if you tanned on purpose over the summer, than that means the tan will go away gradually. Therefore you don't need whitening products.

Guest eunji86

It's not that it's fashionable now, I believe it's always been like that since ages ago. People are always trying to find ways to whiten their faces ; for example in the Chosun days girls would wash their faces with rice water because it's their standard of beauty. I guess it's hard to shake off something that's been integrated into asian cultures for so long (is culture the right word anyways?? Eh you guys know what I mean). I do see your point though but I don't think there's anything wrong with going a shade or two lighter/darker. It's the extremes that I don't quite agree on but in the end it's their choice right? Sorry if I sound rude, I don't mean it I promise :sweatingbullets:

I have a tanned face and a farmer's tan since grade school that never went away. In the winter it fades a TINY bit but it's always there and always noticeable (doesn't help much anyways cause I live in Florida <_< ) Oh the harsh sun and hot winters !

I'm still wanting to know where I can find this product. Pretty please anyone??

Can't find any Indian supermarkets around here. Speaking of which I'm craving Indian food XD

when will noncaucasian people not want whiter skin?

beauty is subjective.

fairness is not the only beauty.

darker skin tones can be beautiful too.

work with what you've got.

variety is beauty.

• 2 years later...
Guest Shiroiyuki

the thing is, im sure most of us arent that dark to begin with, so its so hard to see if it even works.

but if ti does +O+

Yeah, I've read on Wikipedia that most Whitening Creams decrease your IQ (look up Whitening Cream). ^ ^ QUOTE FROM ABOVE.

^IDK WHY, But I think I just LoL'd at this..

Not to be mean or anything, but how in the world are whitening creams make our IQ lesser?

Archived