[drama 2008] Bittersweet Life 달콤한 인생 (la Dolce Vita)

koalabear

^ Welcome to the LDV fan club ! I am all ears to any ranting about this series, and I'm sure I am not the only one here. Totally love this drama, and the ost too.

Never quite realized how good the music was until I recently got round to listen to it with the headset. Didn't know what I have missed . . . .

And yes listening with headphones is an absolute must. Amazing how each piece of music

immediately brings certain visual images to mind the minute the music starts. Love the OST.

hi! thank you for welcoming me to this thread! i agree ... the OST just brings out more emotion to the scenes. when i start hearing the background music that's when i feel like crying again... this drama is just SOOO good!

ovette...thanks for you comments about the drama, it is indeed underrated but it's one of the quality dramas for this year, LDW and OYS definitely have chemistry and never thought as well that they will show this side of them to us after initially reading the drama's original plot
i agree, their chemistry is just immense, it makes me wanna believe that they're a real couple.

i just finished the drama a few minutes ago. i couldnt stop crying up to this very moment. i think it's in a way a happy and sad ending... im still sad that Junsoo did die. i was hoping that he could have been saved but yeah from the height of the fall it's quite impossible. EP24 is definitely an intense episode. how JS and HJ spent their last night together, im happy that JS was able to let out the pain that's been killing him and HJ was there beside her, to console him and to be his strength. i love how they found comfort in each other's embrace. when JS was pushing HJ away from him, im happy HJ didnt believe a word he said. that's how much they understood each other. HJ knew that Paris was just an excuse for committing suicide. they connect so much that it makes me believed they're destined, it's not mere coincidence.

JS and HJ, they both have deep wounds in their hearts. both of them have a fear of being abandoned and taken granted. what gives them a reason to want to live is each other, that's how great the LOVE they have. it totally broke my heart when JS kept saying he wanted to die and HJ was crying so much. when the HJ's voice over says she thought she could change JS's mind, but nothing could stop him, nothing could change him, not even love. that was soooo sad. in the end, he kept his promise, he died before her. JS said that he wanted to live for her but there's a hundred of reasons why he had to die. i just wished that HJ was greater than those hundred reasons, then he wouldnt have to think of dying. i cant accept how JS left HJ alone when she also needs him, she's also in pain. im so sad just thinking about it. another thing that broke my heart was when HJ said JS wasnt dead yet since she's still living in her heart. im glad after a year, HJ was able to move on,, though she has to face the world alone. the hand gesture is a sweet memory, it was a way for HJ and JS to connect even when they're apart. i think this is where the happy ending is, they're still together, JS will always be beside her, as long as she raises her hand to the air, she will see him. but HJ's last words were as long as she doesnt long for him, she wont see him. does that mean HJ is willing to forget him?

Junsoo is a character kind of hard to understand. there's a lot of things going on in his mind, that he wanted to break off from all of them. he continues to live by each day but at the end of the day, the guilt is still disturbing him. because of this guilt, he doesnt accept HJ into his life. i dont understand why he doesnt have the confidence for this relationship when HJ said a lot of times that she's gonna give up everything for him and she doesnt care about his past. it's a pity to see them not have a happy ending, well at least in the real world.

on the other hand, Hyejin is a character very easy to love. she's lovely and pitiful at the same time. i love how she's always calm and seldom raises her voice. she's so pure and delicate that's why im really sad for her. ive said in my earlier post, everytime she looks at Junsoo, it's just so intent and full of longingness. but she kept that inside. it took a lot of courage for her to confess to Junsoo. she couldnt even make a call when she cooked something nice for him. but when she decided to really pursue this relationship, she begins to ask questions to Junsoo that made him mad. she was just worried although that was unlikely of her, since she always chose to be quiet, to bear the pain inside. it was a big decision for her to risk all even her kids for Junsoo but he still preferred to die. i know he was undergoing a lot of problems himself, but still, he could have stuck with Hyejin till the end.

Oh Yeon Soo definitely brought great performance in the last two episodes. she cried like a million times in this drama. she had tears in almost all her scenes in the last two episodes.

ahh there's still so much to write about, but im left out with words. this post is getting longer as well. lol im still in tears while typing this post... :tears: it's definitely a great great drama. :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi koalabear,

Yes, I meant an official dvd set release with English subs and hopefully great NGs, Making of, etc. etc.

I saw the region 3, Korean audio only, no subs dvd set release on YesAsia about a month ago but am

still waiting anxiously for the official all region, Korean audio, English subs release. This is one of those

dramas that you must have excellent translations because the dialogue is so key to the storyline.

I agree that Mister X did an absolutely amazing job!!! Great watching over and over again but really

wanted to watch on my larger tv screen versus my small laptop screen. Wookie and the beautiful

scenery and the drama overall deserve to be seen on a bigger screen :blush:

Hope someone will let us know if it becomes available.

Guest Ishida21

I have a request to ask here, I already watched this drama with the 720p RAW who was uploaded first in aigoo and now in omo-omo. Lately I feel like the need to re-watch it again, I don't burn the RAW so I need to re-download it. But for reasons I can perfectly unterstand, we need an invitation and a password for dowload the 720p RAW of La Dolce Vita. I think I don't deserve an invation because honestly I haven't make great things for support omo-omo and for the people who provide us this links (peula, jtranla, poptartsgurl).

So, anybody know a clubbox who can provide me the 720p RAW of La Dolce Vita?

After watched this drama in 720p I think I can't re-watch it with Ental RAW (especially the first episodes in Sapporo, when Jun-soo & Da-ae go to the see in episode 8,... :wub:).

Guest charmaine412

I love this series, very different from other series I saw. But I stucked on episode 10. :lol: Please I need someone who can encourage me to watch it again. :lol:

maybe one reason why I cannot finish this is because I already knew that DW's role will gonna die.

:lol:

Guest Ishida21

Thank you vkkkim for you fast answer but unfortunately it's just the Ental raw who are available in this Cubbox:

10nrvrc.jpg

But thanks again for you concern ^_^.

Yes, I meant an official dvd set release with English subs and hopefully great NGs, Making of, etc. etc.

I saw the region 3, Korean audio only, no subs dvd set release on YesAsia about a month ago but am

still waiting anxiously for the official all region, Korean audio, English subs release. This is one of those

dramas that you must have excellent translations because the dialogue is so key to the storyline.

One of the problems with some recent official all-region English subs releases is that in a stupid attempt to make the dramas more palatable to imagined US tastes, the distributors cut chunks out of them, even though there's plenty of room on the DVD media for the full show (so it's different from the way US local cable stations tend to butcher the episodes to chop them into the required 60 mins including ad breaks chunks).

One terrible example was the official US market release of Spring Waltz, where sequences the distributors thought "too long" were simply hacked down. Especially the scenes on the train journey in ep 2. After all sophisticated Westerners don't want to watch a three minute shot of a girl just looking out of a train window, do they? Well actually, yes we do, especially when we're paying good money for what's supposed to be an official = faithful copy. These things have an aesthetic all of their own, and its arrogant and stupid to cut them just to make them supposedly slicker.

I'm not saying this would necessarily happen with LDV, but it's a very real danger, and in a drama this dense, even the smallest cuts can create nonsense.

but really wanted to watch on my larger tv screen versus my small laptop screen. Wookie and the beautiful

scenery and the drama overall deserve to be seen on a bigger screen

Can't you plug your laptop into your TV instead of relying on a DVD player? Especially since it's pretty simple to get most laptop drives to play "out of region" releases that an unmodded DVD player won't touch. I get a decent picture from my laptop on a 42" screen just via the VGA connector on the TV's PC-in interface (though not of course via the "TV out" connector, which is useless for driving anything more than a 12' CRT portable set) but if you can get a more recent laptop that will connect to a HDTV over an hdmi interface the results from the right media on even bigger screen are stunning, better than you can get from any DVD player. And if you can't get a DVD with English subs hardcoded on it, do you realize you can use KMP or GOM player on a laptop to feed the DVD into the TV and overlay softsubs like WITHS2's from a separate disk file on to the DVD picture as it plays? Admittedly, to get that to work you have to resynch the softsubs to the DVD, but with a little bit of practice and the right (free) software such a subtitle Workshop it's pretty simple. If you aren't up to resynching, KMP and GOM both have a subtitle adjust facility that lets you alter the synch on the fly, but its a bit tedious to have to do that each and every time you play the DVD concerned, so resynching the softsub files is better.

stumbled across this link to a Poll from Wookie's Baidu bar that was taken from Empas...it's a poll for the Best Drama for the 1st Half of 2008 and La Dolce Vita/Bittersweet Life is one of the nominees

here's the link

http://ranking.empas.com/survey/survey_vie...ml?artsn=282028

instructions for voting taken from Lee Dong-wook's Baidu Bar translated using Google

After the La Dolce Vita logo (above) on some white dots, black ash by the following box out, it will jump out of a dialog box

有2个logo in 选项, 选右边那个,然后会再跳出一个对话框让你点选~ 2 logo in options, the right side of the election, and then jump out of a dialog box will let you click ~

性别: 左边是男性,右边是女性~ 年龄: 自己点自己的岁数 Gender: male on the left side, right side of the women to age: his own point of the age

按左边 送出 ,右边 是重来~就投票成功了!!大家试试看吧~ On the left by sending the right is to re-vote on the success!! Everyone to try it

the drama is now at the 9th spot in the poll

Guest anne0129

Hello!!! I am new here, can I ask if this drama is any good......I like LDW from My Girl days so I am curious if this is any good because from the ratings it got it seems that it did not go well......but I don't want to base quality of a series from ratings because I loved some series but it did not do so well (like Robbers)....Thanks. :)

^ Hi Anne! Lee Dong-wook had a very challenging character in the drama, as a very disturbed man that falls in love with a married woman, though many Wookie fans didn't welcome the image change at first but his acting in this drama is very good, and though it didn't fare well in the ratings, it's now called a mania drama, dramas with low ratings but still got hyped reviews from Korean Internet users, you may want to browse the thread, but there are lots of spoilers here but I believe it's one of the best performances of Lee Dong-wook, though it's not a romcom, it's classified as a mystery melodrama

Guest anne0129

^Thanks.....I might give this drama a try.......I won't browse since you said there are many spoilers, if it is a mystery melodrama.....I'll come back after i have seen this to comment......Thanks again.....B)

Thank you, Koalabear. I have casted my vote. Presently, there are 217 votes for LDV. The ranking thus far is:

1st - The Last Scandal of My Life - 4,907 votes

2nd - Hong Gil Dong - 3,634 votes

3rd - Iljimae - 2,942 votes

4th - When it's at Night - 1,384 votes

5th - On Air - 1,032 votes

6th - Three Dads and One Mum - 424 votes

7th - Spotlight - 255 votes

8th - New Heart - 236 votes

Would love to see our LDV advance to a higher ranking.

^ Hi Anne! Lee Dong-wook had a very challenging character in the drama, as a very disturbed man that falls in love with a married woman, though many Wookie fans didn't welcome the image change at first but his acting in this drama is very good, and though it didn't fare well in the ratings, it's now called a mania drama, dramas with low ratings but still got hyped reviews from Korean Internet users, you may want to browse the thread, but there are lots of spoilers here but I believe it's one of the best performances of Lee Dong-wook, though it's not a romcom, it's classified as a mystery melodrama
ditto ditto!

anne0129 you could just see how amazed i was with this drama some posts above yours in this page.. there's also one on the previous page... beware of spoilers though! recently finished LDV too and maannnn it's just too beautiful for words.

Guest Ishida21

Thank you, Koalabear. I have casted my vote. Presently, there are 217 votes for LDV. The ranking thus far is:

219 votes now for LDV, I voted two times with my two computers who have different IP ^_^.

But what's the limit date for this poll?

Thanks so much koalabear........... even though I couldn't read the Korean I was somehow able to click my way through

the voting process with the translation instructions you provided. I think it worked as the vote went up to 221 and there

was a large red checkmark above. I hope that means success! :lol:

Also thanks baduy for the all the info you provided!! The people on this thread are amazing!!!!!

219 votes now for LDV, I voted two times with my two computers who have different IP ^_^.

But what's the limit date for this poll?

yes...from the 14th spot, LDV rose to the 9th spot...I don't know the duration of the poll, but it's still worth voting...I wanted to vote for the others too since I have 3 fave dramas on the poll but I chose LDV bcoz of it's unique storyline and good acting...will try to vote also on a different IP address ^ ^...LDV has 222 votes right now

I've finished watching this drama yesterday..I think Lee dong Wook took the challenge..

He didn't mind to be naked..He played the bed scene on his own..

The role is very different from any of his role in his former dramas..

I just don't like the ending; and oh by the way, i think this drama is too much long..16 or 20 episodes will be great..

Ooohhhh...... LDV still holding in 9th position. Up to 229 votes now which is just 8 votes behind the

8th place drama New Heart.

Hope other fans, who loved the drama, reading this will go and vote for LDV.

Please see koalabear's post earlier on this page with the link and instructions on how to vote if you

can't read Korean.

On a side note: Am so sad to read that it looks like Wookie will start his military service early next year.

Archived