[drama 2008] Happiness / Bliss / I Am Happy 행복합니다

Guest huangsy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is his jacket... burberry? hehehehe..

Love how they pay good attention to FASHION in this drama lol.

But looks like his folks have been to HK recently too. Or maybe just to Tongdaemun Market. Cos that's a fake. As well as those US spooks badly disguised as RAF air traffic controllers who eavesdrop on the world's communications just a little north of me, around the same distance south is Messrs Burberry, where they employ more lawyers issuing infringement writs than they do cutters and machinists making the stuff. And they'll be on to this one come Monday morning.

An extra twinge for Ha Kyoung in that shot though. Because to the right of cute kid is his mom, and she's already pregnant again.

And concerning Young Jae and Ji Sook. Is there something that I missed in the Korean dialog (most likely there is) that indicates that they aren't brother and sister, separately adopted into different families? Do Korean kids say oesamchon (heck, I'm sure that romanization is wrong, but you know what I mean) to men who aren't their mother's biological sibling? Again, I'm not trying to be a smarty-pants with that question, I honestly don't know.

does anyone think that there's a slight possibility for Mr. Lee (JS' father) to hook up (a.k.a. to have a romantic strings between them) with Mrs. Ahn, the ahjumma?

Whey-hey, you give me an excuse for the ultimate ego-trip, the self-quotation. Because that's what I meant when I said

Could it just be (our old friend the particle hokshi again, take note in the back row of the class) that Lee senior has just, err, run into his second-wife to be -- and not through a blind date? Or am I simply still delirious?

Guest sakura_dubai

i have seen this drama uploaded through WITHS2 CB ... but i really don't see anything special here.. in this drama...

What about you guys? there are three eps right now... so what do you think of the overall ? Is it really a good story..? and what about the rating?? i know the rating is high with medical dramas and that affects other dramas,, but i hope the rating is high..~

Hey BADUY,

You know what these Americans say,

"Don't watch, Don't tell!"

I actually caught the last 10 minutes live -

but not having seen the other 54 min. - I can't be sure what I saw,

saw father and daughter take a long walk in the park-=

LAST SCENE:

Except that JS's loud shout "Park San Woo" was the last scene,

in the lobby of the President's great company -

the son of President came over after his name was shouted,

and JS stood his ground and

proceeded to get punched by the Pres. son....big face punch -

JS's backward fall - freeze framed for next week's entertainment...

EDIT: I found ep. 6 at doldu's clubbox - search for 행.복.합.니.다

There are 3 versions -

canyayasis, why r u hassling the newcomers? ;) Don't scare them off! :D

Welcome, momox79 & kacanghijau! jinkzzmec, good to see you here, too.

I hope there will be many lively discussions in this thread - it's going to be a long, but definitely fun, ride.

momox79 & kacanghijau! jinkzzmec

Put more simply - welcome.

momox79 - i notice you only have 13 posts -

i'm hoping you'll watch this with us and have a strong voice

and bring that number up to about 230 posts!

Join us momox79 - what did you think of ep. 5????????

canyasis, hjkomo... thanks for the welcome and for the motivation ... i will try to post from time to time

my thoughts about this drama and join the discussion .... but i am really new to this .... i have been a member

of soompi for quite sometime but i have never posted much..... and i am not very good in expressing my

thoughts but i will try.....

as for my what i think of ep. 5, i have seen it twice yesterday, too.... and one thing i love about this drama so far

is that they don't drag things .... they don't make us wait ... like how JS was introduce to SY family .... (it was not a

formal meeting but SY was able intorduce JS as her boyfriend/ the man she loves to her family) and i thought that

scene would appear maybe with in the next 2-3 episode and not this soon....

I just made an observation on the family chart that ay_link posted that the broken lines that connected YJ and JS has

only one arrow and points towards JS and look at the other broken lines that connected the other characters there are

arrows on both ends like SY<->JS, AD<->KS and SW<->JS.... is there more meaning to this that will explain the

relationship of YJ and JS?

baduy i really love reading your posts.....

ay_link and the rest of WITHS2 thank you for the subs

i am downloading episode 6 right now and can't wait to watch it

and the way #1 daughter fed JS to wolves - the wolves being her family -

i felt bad for him - and remembered the words of his phony college friend, the President's son who said -

stop now, before you're made to feel like trash -

I felt bad for JS for having to go through that humiliation in front of SY's family.

For reasons sharp-eyed readers may have spotted me hinting at in another post, I find it hard to be objective about the SY character. But even allowing for that, I don't think that when she plotted to get JS into a situation where she could "formally introduce" him to her nearest and dearest as the man she loves, she was leading JS into humiliation, or that he actually experienced any. Frustration and initially repressed anger leading later into open (but still rather dignified) fury, yes. But humiliation? I'd say not.

Because to be humiliated, you have to have people looking down on you as if you were trash, and you need, secretly or otherwise, to agree with them that there's something trashy about you. Someone who doesn't, can't and shouldn't ever regard him or herself as trash can be put into a potentially humiliating situation, but they won't ever actually feel humiliated by it, because they have a well-founded sense of their own worth, and if other people can't see it, so much the worse for them.

I say "well-founded" sense of their own worth, because of course there are sadly some people whose high self-evaluation is not at all well-founded. Who are indeed, in some sense or respect, if not exactly trash, at least a good deal worse than they think they are. And if they don't feel humiliation when their failings come to light, than it's because they are too arrogant to see themselves as they truly are.

But JS isn't at all arrogant. In fact, in a way, he's distinctly humble in the sense that while respecting himself, he doesn't think he's the most important or valuable person in the universe, which means he can respect his superiors in, e.g. the firm's hierarchy, and, more importantly, he can truly love someone like his wacky and apparently rather useless elder brother (not to mention his other family members and SY of course).

And don't laugh (or at least not just yet) but there's another person in this drama who is humble in rather a similar way. Remember the President and that wine-spillage incident? How he not only didn't get angry, but actually reassured the waiter (and therefore the waiter's lurking supervisor on whom his livelihood probably depended) that it wasn't the waiter's fault, even though we could clearly see that it was. It takes a good dose of inner humility for someone in such a position of wealth and power to act so generously when placed in an undignified position, and to do so effortlessly and without a fuss.

I was fascinated by the President's manner and words in that magnificent SY-carried-home-'drunk' scene. Understandably enough, he wasn't jumping for joy at the sight that awaited him in his living room, but whereas Mom looked at JS with the utmost contempt, before resolutely turning her back altogether, and Sang Wook, from the moment he comes on to the scene to his last demeaning order via the entryphone, is clearly relishing every moment of JS's unpleasant situation, the President behaves with dignified calm. And yes, with respect, towards JS. Haven't I seen you in the company? he asks, and not in any "if I have, then you're fired, sonny" tone, but in the way he might ask if he'd met JS at a normal social occasion. Yes, says JS (and don't you love the way that, ever a stickler for politeness, he manages to give the President a suitably deep bow, despite the fact that the selfsame President's eldest daughter, to all appearances blind drunk, is clinging somewhat precariously to his back) they met in Hong Kong. Ah yes, that's right, says the President, you went to school with my son, -- and again it's more with an overtone of "nice to meet you again" rather than any reproach or threat. So he remembers JS, despite his lowly role as emergency shipboard laundryman (I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't remember and greet that waiter too, if he ever crosses his path again).

Now I'm fascinated to see canyayasis's leaked info, just in, that toward the end of ep 6 President and daughter have an apparently serious and not conflict-heavy talk (I say apparently because I'm sure canyayasis would have said if there was any sign of the President being in Mad Mom tantrum-throwing mode). Because my sense is that SY has engineered things, not in any way to humilitate JS, but to get him face to face with Daddy so she can tell him (though etiquette and tactics require her to tag on "omma" as well in her little jawdropper line) that this is the man she loves (and so, Daddy will be in no doubt, intends to marry). And that behind that is the belief that Daddy, sooner or later, will come to see JS in the same way she does, because he's neither a fool nor a snob. And to her (and to JS in the longer term, though he may not see it that way right now) that's all that really matters.

So, stick my neck out time. Since we're told Sang Wook socks JS in the foyer at the end of ep6, my guess for this story line is: Sang Wook will want to fire JS. But Daddy will have been investigating JS's family (and his work record) rather more efficiently and informatively than Mom's improvised and contra-motivated duo of mixed-up investigative agents; and he'll like what he sees. So he'll not only refuse to fire JS but want to promote him. But that will touch JS's pride and he'll refuse to be promoted just because he's dating the boss's daughter. Whereupon SY will call him into line by ... well I have no idea how, except that it's bound to be cheeky and hilarious. But now Sang Wook will be nursing a big grudge against JS, though SY will not want to believe ill of her own brother, so she won't realise how dangerous he is until....

But whatever, I think we're gonna love every minute of it.

Oddly enough, or maybe not, I don't feel at all fretful about not having got to see ep6 just yet. There was so much in ep5 (watched it three times now, and I may indulge in a fourth viewing if CB doesn't get its skates on delivering ep6 from its current doldrums) that I felt it was more than enough to chew on and savor for a week

And concerning Young Jae and Ji Sook. Is there something that I missed in the Korean dialog (most likely there is) that indicates that they aren't brother and sister, separately adopted into different families? Do Korean kids say oesamchon (heck, I'm sure that romanization is wrong, but you know what I mean) to men who aren't their mother's biological sibling? Again, I'm not trying to be a smarty-pants with that question, I honestly don't know.

I still haven't had a chance to watch Ep.5 yet, but here's a lesson on titles for family members...

According to Mom, you can call a man 'wae sam choon' ('wae' meaning maternal and 'sam choon' meaning uncle) if their relationship is very close, even if he's not her biological brother. So, either Ji Sook and Yong Jae are blood siblings, or perhaps, they grew up together in the same orphanage?

My dad taught me this on my first and only visit to Korea (back when I graduated from high school) and I didn't know what to call my dad's cousins and their children.

sam choon - 'sam' meaning the number three, is the word for uncle (yes, only for male siblings of your parents - Korea's a patriarchal society and still far behind the times ;) )

'il' meaning one, is the degree of separation between parent and child

'yi' meaning two, is the degree of separation between siblings (child to parent (1) + parent to other child (1) = 2)

'sam' = 3 = 1 + 2

sa choon is the word for cousin; 'sa' meaning four = 3+1

so, a parent's cousin would be o choon = 5

and that parent's cousin's child would be yook choon = 6

...etc, etc....

Guest dopeyR12

i've seen the first 3 episodes.

i think the show's okay.

nothing that really makes me want to watch forever (like Hong Gil Dong! man i love that show!)

i really hate the mother. she's one scary piece of work. frankly if i was, SY i would have told her off by that time. I mean SY is her own woman, she's grown up, and she shouldn't be told what to wear. I guess it's a cultural thing to be that tolerable.

I still haven't had a chance to watch Ep.5 yet, but here's a lesson on titles for family members...

According to Mom, you can call a man 'wae sam choon' ('wae' meaning maternal and 'sam choon' meaning uncle) if their relationship is very close, even if he's not her biological brother. So, either Ji Sook and Yong Jae are blood siblings, or perhaps, they grew up together in the same orphanage?

My dad taught me this on my first and only visit to Korea (back when I graduated from high school) and I didn't know what to call my dad's cousins and their children.

sam choon - 'sam' meaning the number three, is the word for uncle (yes, only for male siblings of your parents - Korea's a patriarchal society and still far behind the times ;) )

'il' meaning one, is the degree of separation between parent and child

'yi' meaning two, is the degree of separation between siblings (child to parent (1) + parent to other child (1) = 2)

'sam' = 3 = 1 + 2

sa choon is the word for cousin; 'sa' meaning four = 3+1

so, a parent's cousin would be o choon = 5

and that parent's cousin's child would be yook choon = 6

...etc, etc....

This is what I appreciate the most about you, hjkomo -

your explanations are clear - and make it easier for those who are learning, ,,,,,, to learn!

and it is wonderful that your family members are willing and generous with their efforts to help us too.

*thank mom for me!

Guest smiley6yrl

Thanks WITHS2 for the double release, and thanks Puela and Rainydays for the direct dl/s!! hehe Ok, I have one ep left of HGD then i'll be off to watch this drama... B)

TNS Media Ratings:

Ep 5 (February 23)

7. 주말극장<행복합니다> SBS 16.4% Nationwide

6. 주말극장<행복합니다> SBS 16.6% Seoul

Ep 6 (February 24)

3. 주말극장<행복합니다> SBS 21.5% Nationwide

3. 주말극장<행복합니다> SBS 23.2% Seoul

AGB Media Ratings:

Ep 5 (February 23)

7. SBS 주말극장(행복합니다) 17.7% Nationwide

6. SBS 주말극장(행복합니다) 18.2% Seoul

Ep 6 (February 24)

3. SBS 주말극장(행복합니다) 22.4% Nationwide

3. SBS 주말극장(행복합니다) 24% Seoul

^ thanks Suz babe for the ratings~~ hehe.. it dropped a bit from last week, but went up again in ep 6.. yay!

Hehe kk Episode 4 subs is almost ready, so while I'm doing some final checking... here's a brief highlight of episode 6 :)

First of, haha.. the prediction of Mrs. Ahn - Mr. Lee pairing might just come true!

She already feels some sparks after their first encounter :lol:

Which btw, I don't mind at all if they can be hooked up later on, or perhaps meet again? :D

Some proofs to back-up the theory lol

happinesse06kor080224hdlr2.jpg

happinesse06kor080224hdqi5.jpg

^ seems like she's already seeing things around her place.. lol... can't wait to see how this will develop.

And, this might be our first shot of the Lee's residence, a front-view:

happinesse06kor080224hduz7.jpg

^ a cozy house indeed, isn't it?

OK, let's get down to business... continuing the suspicions HK has towards her hubby,

because of that jewelry in his office, and his awkward response to it,... like someone's being caught from a cheating affair or something.

HK asks SW's assistant/drive, "Who's that woman? What kind of woman is she?"

And the assistant answers her firmly that there's no other woman. He seems positive about that, so probably even he doesn't have a clue about what's going on.

Then in the morning, she decides to confirm it bluntly to her husband.

In which I think it backfires at her right off. Hmph, that Sang Wook!

happinesse06kor080224hdru3.jpg

HK: Don't you have something to say to me? (Do you have something to tell me?)

But SW ignores her and tries to play it smart.

Seems like he has another card to hold up against her, and yes, you know what it is.

happinesse06kor080224hdlk6.jpg

^ she was so shocked that he knew about it.

He was like, "Am I stupid?" He knows what's going on, and that she can't have a baby.

So he's like, I don't mind not having a baby w/ you anyway. Don't worry too much about it.

Aigooo... now we know this Sang Wook guy can and will create troubles.

He already told Ji Sook that he can't get divorce. He can't get divorce to be with her, but yet he's following her and harrassing her up to the point of being a stalker. And the way he told her not to change the door lock combination? HA! >_>

I like Lee Jong Won as an actor, but his character somehow makes me wanna strangle him lol.

OK moving on....

I think this scene is my favorite scene of episode 6.

SY and her dad... what a heartwarming scene, a father-daughter potrayal, when the dad can tell his daughter that his wife,

his daughter's mom actually isn't the first love of his life. And when she gets curious, he tells her that Park Seo Yoon, is his first love.

Hehehehe... so sweet...

I didn't like Gil Yong Woo's character as Minister Hong in Hong Gil Dong, but in here, Mr. President Park Seung Jae is such a fatherly man.

Loveeeeeeee how he treats his daughters, both SY and Ae Da... *hope to see his scene w/ Ae Da too next time*

happinesse06kor080224hdgs8.jpg

^ he knows exactly what can cheer her up~~ hehe ice cream~~

happinesse06kor080224hdxy0.jpg

happinesse06kor080224hdtl1.jpg

^ aww..

happinesse06kor080224hdru8.jpg

^ love love love this scene a lot.

happinesse06kor080224hdwa4.jpg

happinesse06kor080224hdri1.jpg

happinesse06kor080224hdjq9.jpg

I don't remember what stuffs he's telling her before they hug, but seriously.. what a dad! ^^

I have faith in this man... so hopefully he'll be the one who'll give his blessing first to SY and JS.

baduy, I agreed with you. He doesn't look down on people, even though he seems to be strict when it comes to business and Sang Wook. All those business meeting deal w/ SW.. he seems so stiff and can't allow any mistake to be made from his only son.

:)

OK, and now... I guess I better release this now since I'm done :w00t: kekeke..

Enjoy guys!

And yes, we did spend some MAJOR assets in subbing this great drama :lol: it's all worth it, fo'sho!

daddictsbannermr6.jpg

Brought to you by WITH S2

Written In The Heavens Subbing Squad

EPISODE 4 ENGLISH SUBS

*Ental* | *SHiNHWA*

CREDITS:

Main Translator: inbi

Spot Translator: hjkomo

Timer: Victory

Editor/QC: ay_link

Coordinators: mily2, ay_link

dasubsun7.jpg

While we're on the subject of family-relationship titles...

I always called a cousin's cousin (as in, being related through the marriage of the cousin's parents --> a second cousin.

I don't think that's correct, but what exactly is the definition of a second cousin?

And what about a second cousin, once removed...twice removed...etc.?

Anyone care to enlighten me? :D

ok here is episode 6 ental ..long day and too sleepy I'll fix my post tomorrow.. so I thought that I would leave u guys the links before meeting up with Morpheus..

Episode 06 - Ental

Part 01 : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7VPREPDQ

Part 02 : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BOY8VCZ3

While we're on the subject of family-relationship titles...

I always called a cousin's cousin (as in, being related through the marriage of the cousin's parents --> a second cousin.

I don't think that's correct, but what exactly is the definition of a second cousin?

And what about a second cousin, once removed...twice removed...etc.?

Anyone care to enlighten me? :D

for me a second cousin is my mom's or dad's first cousin, but to be honest it varies depending where u are from :crazy:

To those who still need to download this weekend's episodes...

here's some working bigmail links ^^

Episode 5:

http://bigmail16.mail.daum.net/Mail-bin/bi...rAmoFWwB9ymXCDl

http://bigmail16.mail.daum.net/Mail-bin/bi...w9giRyWM.37VF_q

Episode 6:

http://bigmail16.mail.daum.net/Mail-bin/bi...g7D3bzMkRJ1DCcQ

http://bigmail16.mail.daum.net/Mail-bin/bi...-Jna_MF4t9AsGpG

Enjoy~~ ^_^

puela, thanks for the uploads muah~

*wave wave Helen*

yeah I agree.. 2nd cousin is from parents' cousin...

and oh, almost forgot to mention..

I guess in episode 6.. our lovely couple, SY-JS finally...

broke up

?

is that right?

and from the preview, it doesn't seem like they're getting

back together

also :unsure:

Guest smiley6yrl

wow, you guys are all discussing this weekend episodes, haha at this rate, I will never be able to catch up to you guys... still got 1 ep of HGD left then i'll do a mini marathon of happiness ep 2-4.. aww so

SY-JS broke up in ep 6

? :o but i guess that's just how it is since it's a pretty long series, and it'll be boring without all the drama.. lol I'm glad that the ratings are back up there, and thanks for the subs and the direct dl links.. I have officially given up Clubbox.. -_-

^ hehehe smiley6yrl, you can always catch up and discuss previous episodes ;]

since we only get two episodes each week... after the weekend's over, we need something to keep us going through the weekdays... hehe!

But looks like his folks have been to HK recently too. Or maybe just to Tongdaemun Market. Cos that's a fake. As well as those US spooks badly disguised as RAF air traffic controllers who eavesdrop on the world's communications just a little north of me, around the same distance south is Messrs Burberry, where they employ more lawyers issuing infringement writs than they do cutters and machinists making the stuff. And they'll be on to this one come Monday morning.

An extra twinge for Ha Kyoung in that shot though. Because to the right of cute kid is his mom, and she's already pregnant again.

:lol: yeah I know it's not the real burberry.. but still, cute on him though ;] fake or not hee hee..

And you're right... that mother's kid is already pregnant again. I was too busy to look at the kid and HK's expression, I kinda blurred her out haha..

Poor Ha Kyung. I bet she's from a wealthy family also, and perhaps they were on an arranged marriage, HK & SW...

and since SW can't marry JS, because JS disappeared from his side... hm I wonder if SW's mom knew about JS?

Most likely not. Hmmm....

Actually SW said it himself, when he first visited JS in her apt (well, more like he allowed himself in)

He knew about 'that person' ... referring to Yong Jae. And both Yong Jae and Ji Sook, they grew up together.

That explains why Sarang (JS' son) calls him 'uncle', and the grandma also knows about Ji Sook.

Archived