Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

class="titleNews"[Ratings: Tues, 04.29.14] ‘Empress Ki’ Bows Out Without Reaching 30%

After taking over the ratings chart during its entire run, MBC’s Empress Ki concluded its series, rounding up its success.

Running 51 episodes in total, Empress Ki starred a talented cast of Ha Ji Won, Joo Jin Mo, Ji Chang Wook, and many more. The fast-paced and detailed story kept viewers on board since the end of October, when the drama first began with ratings of 11.1.

Ratings continue to rise, reaching its highest of 29.2 percent in March with episode 37. Its last episode, however, ended with 28.7, unfortunately not hitting 30 percent as everyone hoped it would.

With the conclusion of Empress Ki, MBC will follow it up with Triangle, starring Lee Bum Soo, Kim Jae Joong, and Im Si Wan.

[Ratings: Tues, 04.29.14] ‘Empress Ki’ Bows Out Without Reaching 30%

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Dramas

1. MBC Empress Ki 26.2 →28.7
2. KBS Big Man 6.0 →4.8

Variety

1. SBS My Heart Beats 5.3
2. KBS Our Neighborhood Variety and Sports 4.2

*All ratings are based on AGB Nielsen Media Research

Photo Credit: MBC./ enewsworld

Guest ElinaG

willenette said: *** "Empress Qi" ended without going through 30%..................sigh...................but, it's fine, at least, it's on the 1st place.  According to Nielsen Korea, the fifty-first episode rated 28.7%. This is 2.5% higher than the previous episode.  :))

Guest ElinaG

@loracthe 51th  with subs is already on youtube. started to watch
I really want to watch Flowers in fog but afraid I will not survive the dubbed voice :-/. Good new is that i didn't watch yet fashion 70-s (postponed it) and Bishunmo :) so until JJM enters some new project, there is what to see with him  :))

Guest lorac

It's a token but finally some behind the scenes of Ju Jin Mo. I don't seen too many of those. I particularly like the jail scene. Guess I need to search in Korean or Chinese.
It's time to move on... I've yet to watch Fashion 70s, so now seems to be a good time to start. 
But just one more Empress Ki is in order.
three_zpsecccf1c2.jpg

A Requiem for Wang Yu

Words cannot express the anguish and sorrow at having witnessed the manner in which your life was taken away from us. There is no rationale, nor justification for this act. There is no valid reason be it an act of sacrifice nor a just excuse for courtly standards in an otherwise twisted empire and at the hands of an unworthy opponent. It can never be deemed acceptable to your admirers and followers. It is unforgivable.

We know of your great love for Sungnyang, and once again you have proven to one and all, that all that matters to you is to see her alive, living her life to the fullest, to the detriment of your own. And because of that selfless love you had for her, others used it as a way to be rid of you. And who better to do this odious act, than the rival who claims to protect that one woman who meant the world to you. The very same person whose life you saved numerous times and who repaid you by taking your life in the guise of protecting Sungnyang. Sungnyang was never in real danger and was never in any need of saving except in the twisted mind of your slaughterer’s sanity.

Your love for Sungnyang wasn’t a desperate need to be loved back. What mattered to you was that she was always safe, and that she always had a chance at life. You did your best to achieve just that, with whatever meager resources that you had. And that’s why we love you even more for it. You did not have much to offer. You were humble enough to judge yourself a failure. Even in failure you had grace. your adversities in life only made you a better person. You did not have anything. You were a prince with no court. A king with no people to rule. And yet Sungnyang chose to stand by you and  love you, enough to have  Maha.  But like Maha, your love for each other was never meant to be. No matter how you both tried it just never happened. It was like a curse that hung on your heads that everytime you were together, something would happen to pull you two apart from each other.

Your love is so pure that you did not even ask to be loved in return. You loved Sungnyang freely, with every fiber of your being without expecting anything back. Even as children, when Sungnyang was a faceless citizen of Goryeo marching to her destiny as an offered tribute to the kingdom that she will someday call her own; your young self was already there unknowingly fighting for her preservation.

You were a man of honor. You were everything a king should be. Kind, generous to a fault, brave, courageous and a pillar of strength and wisdom. Despite what you had to go through in life. You were a child held hostage by the very nation that oppressed your people. And you were powerless to stop that. Yet, you turned out to be a fine man. You were well loved. You commanded respect and loyalty . You had a different brand of charisma that made even your opponents think of you in high regard. El Temur recognized your strength and political savvy.  Gen. Bayan sparred swords with you as an equal, and was wary of your cunning. And Tal Tal  held you in high esteem and was privy to your acts of kindness to his countrymen in their time of need during the famine. Bisu who was an adversary at first, also could not help but fall in love with you .  You cut a charismatic and sleek figure in Yuan court, that you created quite a stir. Almost all the women in that court were giddy and smitten by you; Even Tanasiri was not immune to your charm and presence. The funny part is, you were oblivious to all the attention you were getting. Such humility.

Yes, you were so humble you never thought yourself above anyone. With that gentleness and modesty Sungnyang was drawn to you. You did not take anything from Sungnyang, nor did you ask, nor begged to be loved. Sungnyang came to you spontaneously like you were meant to be together.

Sungnyang reached great heights in her life because she was confident in your love for her. It was a love that gave her strength, resolve and a courageous heart to be her own person. To discover her own destiny, to carve her own path,. You made sure that in every step of the way you were there to ensure her safety. She was never afraid to lose your love because she knew that your love knows no bounds and that she is forever in your heart. She knows there isn’t anything you wouldn’t do for her. And perhaps that is what broke her heart the most. You gave so much of yourself without asking anything in return, for you yourself understood the love Sungnyang had for you. No apologies needed, for “ true love means never having to say you’re sorry.” Instead you inspired Sungnyang to always forge ahead, despite any adversity. To stand up and never look back. If there is anything she learned from you.. it is that life goes on.

With all that said ,I wouldn’t have any other ending for you Wang Yu. It was indeed aggravating to watch, but it gave us a deeper understanding of your love for Sungnyang.  For you were the bigger man, the bigger person between the two of you. between you and Tahwan. you did not willingly die for Sungnyang. You gave your life for Sungnyang so that she could live hers. Tahwan had to take from you what he could not give to Sungnyang and claim it as his own. You were always ready to give anything for Sungnyang’s benefit. In hindsight you were the one who kept Sungnyan safe, you were her eternal protector. Tahwan willingly took your life as an excuse to look good to Sungnyang.

This drama will forever stay with me and Wang Yu will forever be etched in my kdrama memory.

Guest anjshin

Amen to this post. :)

I'm a LOVING BOYFRIEND in real life too

April 20, 2007

MAYBE it is his intense, doting lover screen image, the guardian angel personified.

Joo Jin Mo, 33, in the movie 200 Pounds Beauty. --

Or perhaps he is viewed as a sensitive man aware of women's feelings because he has threeolder sisters.

Whatever the reason, Korean hunk Joo Jin Mo has become a dream guy to many women, his fellow stars included.

His co-star in his latest movie, 200Pounds Beauty, KimAh Jung, said in an e-mail interview with TheNew Paper: 'I think Joo Jin Mo appeals to every girl.'

How true.

The actor, 33, first won Asian hearts playing a suave general in the 2001 China-Korea epic Musa.

The 1.8m-tall hunk, who majored in sports and is trained in taekwondo, now ranks alongside A-listers like Jang Dong Gun and BaeYong Joon.

And 200 Pounds Beauty has turned out to be a box-office hit.

The movie, which opens here today, sold more than 6.5million tickets in Korea, making it the country's biggest romantic comedy ever- beating even Jeon Ji Hyun's My Sassy Girl.

It is No8 on Korea's Top10 Movieschart.

The film is seen as Ah Jung's platform to fame and she indeed shines as Hanna, an obese singer who, after a painful episode (see other report), has plastic surgery done.

But Jin Mo steals some of the limelight.

He plays Hanna's supportive mentor, who is as sternly authoritative as he is kindly sensitive.

Ah Jung raved over him, writing that it was 'really nice and comfortable' working with him, and that he has a good sense ofhumour.

He once joked that it was 'his honour' to be romantically linked to Zhang Ziyi, his Musa co-star, because 'she is an international star'.

And when we asked him in an e-mail interview about the pros and cons of growing up with three sisters, he wrote: 'I think I do understand women pretty well, but I am not the bullied baby brother. I do bully my sisters as well, haha!'

The former model started out experimenting with diverse roles - a determined dancer in the 1999 film Dance Dance, and a jilted lover in the controversial Happy End.

But Korean drama fans are most familiar with his 'doting-lover' image, thanks to popular TV serials like Fashion 70s and the China-Korea joint production Bichunmoo.

When asked if he was a 'protective, loving boyfriend' in real life and whether he was seeing anyone now, JinMo's reply was brief.

'Yes,' he said, 'I am a loving boyfriend.'

Does that mean he has a girlfriend? It's hard to confirm, given his lowprofile in the media.

WISDOM WANTED

But he did add that his ideal partner is 'a woman with wisdom'.

And while his character in 200Pounds Beauty did not want his girlfriend to have plastic surgery, Jin Mo said he would not stop his girlfriend if she wanted to do so.

He wrote: 'I fully understand why some women want to go through plastic surgery.

'As long as she (the girl) is not addicted to it and she's comfortable with her own decision, I think it's okay.'

He also offered his views on the unexpected success of the movie and how it scotched initial concerns that the topic of plastic surgery may be too insensitive for the public.

Some critics had accused the film of being 'pro-surgery', saying that it advocated the message that 'surgery improves your life'.

But Jin Mo implied that the movie went beyond this.

He said that its theme of chasing dreams resonated with theaudience.

'I think 200 Pounds Beauty is a well-made comedy; it's balanced, not too sensational, but touches the audience's heart,' he wrote.

'The audience can feel the sense of contentment when they see a common girl like Hanna achieving her dream.

'By watching the movie, it is like having Hanna helping them to fulfil what they had been longing for in reallife.'

Jin Mo's own dream? To work with HongKong star Andy Lau, whom he has been a fan of 'since young'.

'If given a chance, I would like to act alongside him, possibly as brothers or buddies, maybe in a film like Infernal Affairs.'

For now, however, Jin Mo is committed to yet another romantic film, entitled Love.

The protective-lover role 'appeals to every guy including me', he said.

But he hopes to try something different soon.

'I'd like to portray roles which display the strong sense of friendship and justice between a man and his buddies.'

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/show/story/0,...,128116,00.html

Guest anjshin

nana585 said: QUOTE(clarabelle @ Jul 11 2007, 12:15 PM) »hey nana ... still up and about! have you seen any signs of jin mo yet?

after that public appearance, seems jinmo is back to barracks!!! ... couldnt wait for any news update about our mr elusive ....

while searching high and low, had picked this up in the you tube made by a fellow soompier who share common interests ....

JJM JDG - IM TOO SEXY MV

though summer in my place is over, but i could still feel the heat while watching ... imageimage

Ha! Clarabelle, so glad to see you back (wave) image Thought you might follow Pup to go into hibernation and abandon me alone here image Felt so lost without you both (sob sob)

Wow what a sexy video of the 2 Js (swooned & faint!!)

My contribution as follows - might be interesting information for those who are JJM's new fans.
It is an on-line Q&A session posted in JJM's management company website sometime in 2004 (i think) shortly after the screening of LIAR and shooting of Bichunmo.

SOURCE: http://joojinmo.b.lunqun.com (CHINESE WEBSITE)

1 이름: 주진모  
姓名:朱镇模
Name: Joo Jin Mo

2 생년월일:1974.8.11  
出生日期:1974.8.11
Date of Birth: 1974.8.11

3 키:180cm
  身高:180cm
Height: 180cm

4 몸무게:71kg
体重:71kg
Weight: 71kg

5 좌우명:책임있는 말과 행동을 하자
    座右铭:做个负责的人(说负责任的话,做负责人的事)
Motto: Be a responsible person. (Honorable Person – one who honors one’s words and deeds)

6 흡연략: 담배 1갑
吸烟量:一盒香烟
Smoking: 1 packet

7 주량: 모름      
酒量:不知道
Alcohol consumption limit : Don’t know

8 잘하는요리:볶음밥
擅长做的食物:炒饭
Best dish can cook: Fried Rice

9 좋아하는과일:딸기
喜欢的水果:草莓
Favorite Fruit: Strawberry

10 좋아하는꽃: 장미
喜欢的花:玫瑰
Favorite Flowers: Roses

11 좋아하는음악:Rock
喜欢的音乐:ROCK
Favorite Music: Rock

12 노래방18번:<취중진담>
去卡拉OK经常唱的歌:最终诊断
Favorite Karaoke Song:

13 하루평균수면시간:6시간
每日平均睡觉时间:6小时
Average sleeping time per day: 6 hours

14 최근가장갖고싶은것:지프 자동차
最近最想要的东西:吉普车
Dream Car: Jeep

15 술벼릇: 잠들기
喝酒后的习惯:睡觉
Habit after drinking: Sleep

16 혈액형: O형
血型:O型
Blood Type: O

17 취미:낚시,인라인스케이트
爱好:钓鱼,滑轨运动
Hobby: Fishing, Skiing

18 좋아하는숫자:13
喜欢的数字:13
Favorite No. 13

19 좋아하는음식: 찌개류
喜欢的食物:찌개류
Favorite Food: 찌개류???

20 재미있게본영화:<쉰들러 리스트>,<사관과 신사>
觉得有意思的电影:《辛德勒名单》,《An Officer And A Gentleman
Most meaningful movies seen: Schlinder’s List, An Officer & a Gentleman

21 재미있케본책: <위대한 개츠비>
看过觉得有意思的书:《伟大的Gatsby》
Most meaningful book read: The Great Gatsby

22 줄겨입는옷스타일:캐주얼
喜欢穿的衣服:便服
Favorite Wear: Casual Clothes

23 집에서키우던동물:요크셔테리어
养过的宠物:요크셔테리어(一种狗)
Pet: 요크셔테리어 (A certain breed of dog)

24 키워보고싶은동물:시베리안 하스키
想养的宠物:???
Most desired pet: ????

25 가장가고싶은나라:미국
最想去的国家:美国
Most desired country to visit: USA

26 자신의성격:외향적이기도 하고 내성적이기도 하고 변화무쌍
自己的性格:既外向又内向,变化无常
Characteristics: Extrovert as well as Introvert, i.e. temperamental

27 기분좋을때표현방법:행동이 평소보다 과장 되어진다
心情好时的表现:行为比平时夸张
When in a good mood: Extremely exuberant than usual

28 화가나면하는행동: 침묵
生气时的行动:沉默
When angry: Silent

29 제일듣기싫은말:넌 빠져
最讨厌听到的话:你出去
Most disliked words to hear: You get out

30 자신의최대장점:인내와 침목
自己最大的长处:忍耐和沉默
One’s Best Quality: Patience and Reticent

31 자신의최대단점:상황판단이 빠르지 못하다
自己最大的缺点:不能迅速对状况做出判断
One’s worst shortcomings: Unable to make quick decision and judgment at certain trying situation

32 잠이오지않을때하는행동: TV시청
睡不着时干什么?看电视
What to do when unable to sleep: Watch TV

33 사람이동물같다고느낄때:싸올 때
觉得人什么时候最像动物:洗澡时
At what situation do you feel when a person is like an animal? (What a question!): During a shower (What an answer!)

34 일상에서행복을느낄때:자고 일어났을 때,밥 먹을 때
日常生活中什么时候感觉幸福?起床和吃饭时
During your daily routine, when do you feel happiest?
Upon waking up from bed and at meal time.

35 아침에일어나자마자하는행동:기지개
早上起床后做的第一件事是?伸懒腰
What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning: Stretching

36 집에들어가자마자하는행동:편한 옷으로 갈아입기
回家后做的第一件事是?换上舒适的衣服
Once back home, what would you do first: Change into comfortable clothes

37 사람들이보는나의첫인상:냉소적으로 보인다
人们对你的第一印象:比较冷淡,带着冷笑
What’s other’s first impression of you: Cold and with a sneer.

38 사람들이잘못알고있는나에대한선입견:냉정할 것이라는 선입견
不认识你的人对你有什么先入为主的印象?冷静,冷漠
What kind of impression you gave to those who do not know you personally? Cool and calm

39 자신의외모에만족하는가:그렇다
对自己外貌满意的地方:就那样
Which part of your appearance you are most satisfied with?
As it is

40 닮았다는애기를듣는연예인과그이유:장동건,또렷한 외모와 성격이
비슷하다고들함
和你相似的艺人是谁,理由呢?张东健,人们说他的外貌和性格明显与
我想像
Which artiste do you resemble most and why?
Jang Dong Gun, because most people said that he resemble me in outward appearance and character.

41 시간나면하는일:운동,잠자기
有时间会做什么事?运动,睡觉
When you have time, what would you most likely do? Exercise and Sleep

42 스트래스해소법:운동
减轻压力的方法?运动
Best way to de-stress? Exercise

43 자신이가장멋있어보일때:일에 집중할 때
觉得自己什么时候看起来最帅?认真做事的时候
When do you think you look most attractive/good looking? When I am seriously at work

44 연기하길잘했다는생각이들때:남들이 인정해 줄 때
什么时候觉得自己演技好?别人认可我的时候
When do you feel your acting is good? When my works are recognized and acknowledged by others.

45 그만두고싶었을때: 사람들이 외면할 때
想放弃的时候?人们只看我的外貌的时候
When do you feel like giving up? When people are only concerned with my appearance.

46 요즘가장큰관심사:탄핵정국
最近最关心的事情:弹劾总统
Most concerned current affair: Impeachment of the President

47 가장큰고민거리:작품 선정
最烦恼的事:选择作品
Most vexing situation? Choosing projects

48 어린시절의꿈:영화배우
小时候的梦想:成为电影演员
Childhood’s dream? To be an actor

49 학창시절가장잘한등수와못한등수:1등,38등
在学校里取得最好的成绩和最差的?第1和第38
Best and worst result in school? 1st and 38th

50 가장잘했던과목과못했던과목:국사,윤리/수학
最擅长的科目和最次的科目?历史,政治和数学
Best and 2nd best subjects? History, Politics and Maths

51 학창시절별명:양코
上学时的别名:洋鬼子
Nickname in school: white devil (Caucasian)

52 학창시절활동했던써클:보이스카옷
上学时参加的社团:童子军
During your school days, which uniform-group you are involved in? Boy Scouts

53 가출경험:1번
出走经历:1次
Leaving home experience? Once

54 꼭한번쯤경험해보고싶은직업:운동선수
一定想要尝试一次的职业:运动选手
Which type of job would you try at least once? Be a sportsman

55 인간관계에서가장중요한것:신뢰
人际关系中最重要的是什么?信赖
What is the most important in a relationship? Trust

56 이상형:현명한 여자
理想型:贤明的女人
Your dream girl? Intelligent, kind and gentle lady
(SURELY YOU QUALIFY, CLARABELLE!)

57 짝사랑경험:있다
单恋的经历:有过
Any unrequited love experience? Yes

58 첫사랑:중2때
初恋:中学2年纪
First love? High School 2nd year

59 첫키스:대학교 1학년 때
初吻:大学1年纪
First kiss: University 1st year

60 10년후의내모습:한국의 로버트 드 니로
自己10年后的样子:韩国的罗伯特德尼罗
How do you look like in ten years’ time? Korean’s Robert de Niro

61 좋아하는배우:로버트 드 니로, 알 파치노
喜欢的演员:罗伯特德尼罗,阿尔帕西诺
Favorite actors? Robert de Niro and Al Pacino

62 어떤배우가되고싶은지:관객들이 항상 기대하는 배우
想成为什么样的演员:经常让观众期待的演员
What kind of actor do you wish to become? An actor that the audience looks forward to watch

63 인생의가장결정적순간:배우가 되었을 때
生命中最重大决定的时刻?成为演员的时候
What is the biggest decision you have ever made in your life? To become an actor

64 앞으로하고싶은작폼:느와르 장르
以后想出演的作品:尝试不同的题材
What kind of project would you wish to do in the future? To try out all different type of genres roles

65 출연작풍가장기억에남는작품:<무사>
出演过的作品印象最深的是那部?武士
Of all the movies you have made, which left the deepest impression? Musa

66 관객과사랑하는사람에게가장듣고싶은말:칭찬의 말보다는 진심어린
박수를받고싶다.
最希望从观众和爱人口中听到的话?比起称赞更希望得到真心的掌声
What do you wish to hear most from the audience and your loved one? Sincere applause rather than praises.

67 팬들에게하고싶은말:별함 없이 지켜봐주시길......
想对fans说的话?请一直支持我
What do you wish to say to your fans? Please give me your continuous support.

68 <라이어>는어떤영화?눈덩이처럼 볼어나는 거짓말에 관한 짜임새
있고 유쾌한 코미디
《骗子》是部什么样的电影?是一部讲述像滚雪球般涨大的谎言有条理愉快的喜剧。
What kind of movie is Liar? It is about a lie that snowballed until it got out of hand happy comedy.

69 코미디영화를 선택한이유? 탄탄한 시나리오와 믿음직한 감독님과
배우들
选择喜剧的理由?这部剧的导演和演员们让我有信心。
What is the reason that you choose to act in this comedy: I feel confident with the director and co-stars

71 촬영에피소드?촬영 내내 너무 웃겨서 NG도 많이 나고,진행의
어려움이 있었다.
演出时有什么困扰?演的时候经常因为笑场NG,给拍摄造成很多困难。
Any difficulty during the shooting? Many NGs caused by our laughter during the funny scenes which created many difficulties.

72 코믹연기후 드는생각?연기하는 것이 많이 편하고 부드러워졌다.
演完喜剧后有什么想法?演技就是要自然和婉转。
What are your thoughts after having acted in a comedy?
The acting must be natural and subtle

73 차기작드라마<비천무>는 어떤작품?무협멜로사극으로 중국 원나라
말기를 배경으로 한
이야기.4월부터 5개월간 HD(고화질)로 촬영되어 올 연발 한국과 중국어권에서 방영될 예정이다.24부작 한중합작드라마마로 상대역
'설리'는박지윤이다.김혜린씨의 동명만화가 원작으로 2000년 신현준 김희선 주연의 영화로도 만들어졌던 작품.
飞天舞是什么样的作品?武侠历史剧,以中国古代元朝末期为背景讲述的故事。四月开始 经过5个月的时间HD(高画质)拍摄,预计将在韩国和中国河内播映。这部作品的原作 是金慧令,2000年曾拍摄过电影作品,主演是申晖俊和金喜善。

What kind of drama is Bichunmo? It is a historical drama with China ancient Yuan dynasty as the background story. It started in April and took about 5 months of HD shooting. It is expected to be screened in Korea and China. The original writer of the story is Kim Hui Ling (Hanyu pinyin). During year 2000, it was shot into a movie starring Shin Hyun Joon and Kim Hee Sun.

Guest lorac

@serg8, beautifully said. I would give you an awesome, but my browser won't let me use the icons.

Guest ElinaG

@starjjmoon we all miss him. especially it is hard because no one knows about his feature projects :(I love the image you posted. this outfit is beautiful and JJM looks perfectfunny, I just realized that with mustache he looks like my father a lot :) Freud would say "no wonder" :))

pokerdots said: @serg8 Thank you so much for the sentimental post. Do feel free to share at  Soompi WangNyang thread for WY-SN fans who might not visit here.
thanks for the invitation. I to drop by the thread, I've been looking for it for the longest time. all I can see is the other thread for SN-TH. I will re- post the requiem over there