Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

@anjshin : hellp there ^^
thank you, it's been a while indeed and I totally understand why you left the thread, people can be childish sometimes but the majority are nice and it's nothing like on other threads which is why I'm still there.
I noticed some people left and thought they gave up on Empress Ki. tbh, if it wasn't for HJW and the undeniable efforts by the actors to make up for the huge writing inconsistencies, I would have done the same

as for JJM, we totally agree. as you might have already read my comment on the drama thread, I feel frustrated because he's worth much more than the role he was given. tbh, WY is an interesting character but it's rather the way the writers used it that bothers me. he's more like a tool, used as a plot device more than a real character to whom we get attached and feel for. it's like whenever the story is at a dead end or in a need to move foreward, the PD and writers are like "hey, let's bring WY back to the picture and make him do whatever needs to be done" without giving him any depth or space to develop himself. WY is serving the story instead of being one of the people the story is about, he appears when it's convenient and he goes almost forgotten when he's no longer needed and that's a pity.
I praise JJM for his patience and keeping professional even in such circumstances. he's playing WY the best he could with the little freedom he's allowed and his facial expressions are top-notch

Guest lorac

In the last couple days there have been well written defenses of the Wang Yu character in the Empress Ki forum. When others go off on tangents and wish WY gone from the story or lament him saving SN once again it takes a bit of will power to not post, but ultimately it's the best way, to not say anything. No opinion is going to change the way I feel about Ju Jin Mo's portrayal of Wang Yu and my opinion will not convince those who think otherwise.
I had a stronger reaction when someone complained about the slowness of subtitle availability, but I restrained myself with that one too. The demise of good fansubber groups and advent of streaming sites is no coincidence. That is what I most regret about Korean dramas being more accessible, no quality control, more specifically with timing.

Guest fated1430293719

@eunsuhae‌ as u said WY is an interesting character..a very interesting one might I add.. the writers or the PD or whom ever didnt give him the right screen time! But regardless of that JJM was still able to make WY shine all throughout this drama! U notice that the character of TH is so obsessed with the presence of WY n wants all what WY has( love of SN,strength,loyalty of his ppl etc..)...so had it been any other actor doing the WY character it wouldnt have been so believable that an emperor is obsessed w a King whom actually he can abdicate whenever he wants, but with a powerful performance from JJM himself n his strong aura it becomes believable to the senses that yeah TH can be n is somehow excused for being obsessed n self intimidated by WY! Besides WY plays a key role in this drama...WY is the one that all others talk about n are affected with especially TH! WY is the seasoning of EK or else it would have been merely a love story like any other...he added love to this story,he added the political rivalry to this story, he added the action war scenes to this story...but TH only added humor at beginning n his own way of loving SN...they didnt give his character any other depth which i also think the writers did wrong to him as well!

So basically EK failed at so many levels n i wish it didnt go downhill as it did!

Guest fated1430293719

@lorac...many dont understand our conviction that jjm did a hell of a job portraying WY bcz many fall in love with the actor himself n it affects the way they view his acting v/s other actors...but my personal view towards jjm as an actor and i dont knw if its the same with u, is admiration...yes i admire his acting way to deep that his personal character as a normal man can never affect my viewing n feelings towards his acting skills!

Not that i dont like him as a normal man...i LOVE him...but his acting skills are just too mesmerising!

Guest anjshin

salute to @lorac & @willenette for loving JJM a long time ago and have stayed in this thread ever since it is created.  ^:)^ ^:)^ :-*I don't know where have I been all those times, but now that I'm done with school and balancing career I will try to keep in touch with this thread and continue my support to Jin Mo oppa., :) :x :P:D

Guest Ding Lin

I agreed with what  @Anjshin said.... Salute to @lorac & @willenette for loving JJM for so long!!
I also share @Fated sentiments!  
There is another actor named "Joo Jin Mo".  He is in God's Gift.  It is fun to read the articles that talked about two Joo Jin Mo :)

Guest anjshin

I started watching Fashion 70s and seriously JJM and LYW is killing it. Like seeing him in 100 ways of how to be charming. :D :\"> :P

Guest fated1430293719

@anjshin‌ let us b clear on one thing...u can like WY/JJM but just dont flirt abt it a lot...he is mine :P

I posted that on wangyang thread first bt then u posted here so i followed u here! =))

Since u n @sarah.lina n @stclaus already have ur positions...then with all pride i present to u his bride to be MEEEEEE >:D< :P =))

Guest anjshin

@fated: ,. i posted it on the wrong thread dear. =)) :D I need to see JJM, I'm very deprived of him in EK, to ease the frustrations. ;;)

@"Xue Zhu Yu"‌ nice to see you here dear,. hopefully we can see JJM again in another drama, but definitely we might see him in civilian mode in his best buddie HB's VIP movie premiere. :D

Guest lorac

Ding Lin said: I agreed with what  @Anjshin said.... Salute to @lorac & @willenette for loving JJM for so long!!
I also share @Fated sentiments!  
There is another actor named "Joo Jin Mo".  He is in God's Gift.  It is fun to read the articles that talked about two Joo Jin Mo :)

"Empress Qi" Ji Chang-wook discovers Ha Ji-won and Joo Jin-mo's son

photo428736.jpg

Ji Chang-wook is about to get aggressive after learning about Ha Ji-won and Joo Jin-mo's son.

On the forty-ninth episode of the MBC drama "Empress Qi", Ta Hwan (Ji Chang-wook) found out that Maha (Kim Jin-seong) was Ki Seung-nyang (Ha Ji-won) and Wang Yoo's (Joo Jin-mo) son.

Golta (Jo Jae-yoon) planned to move Ta Hwan and grow out his authority, as Ki Seung-nyang was kicked out of the palace for killing Baek Ahn (Kim Yeong-ho), but Ta Hwan held hands with her again and Golta's plans fell through. He decided to kill her.

Dang Ki-se (Kim Jeong-hyeon) who was on Golta's side, found out that Maha was the son of Ki Seung-nyang and Wang Yoo. He decided to revolt and planned to kill the prince, Ki Seung-nyang and Ayoo, then replace them with a new king.

As Dang Ki-se tried to hurt Ta Hwan and Ki Seung-nyan, Wang Yoo and his men already knew what he was going to do and stopped them. Ki Seung-nyang faced Dang Ki-se with her bow and arrow. He was shot twice and stabbed by Wang Yoo.

However, as he was dying, Dang Ki-se told Ta Hwan, "Maha is Wang Yoo and Seung-nyang's son. You are living with Seung-nyang's empty shell". Ta Hwan glared at Wang Yoo and Gi Seung-nyang then became furious.

Source : www.newsen.com/news_v...

Translation : Hancinema

***  According to Nielsen Media research, the forty-ninth episode of the  "Empress Qi" rated 26.6%. This is 3.7% higher than the forty eighth episode, bringing it to the front of the line as usual. The majority of TV shows and programs are being cancelled and replaced with breaking news due to the Sewol ferry tragedy. However, this drama and some other dramas have been broadcasted on their regular times since this week.  L-)

Guest anjshin

That moment while watching Fashion 70's then suddenly my sister who came from overseas for a vacation here in our country suddenly saw JJM on my laptop's screen and to my surprised commented, "wowwww who is that? he's handsome" :D :\"> 8-} she then said JJM looks like a japanese-brazilian citizen. =)) :>

Guest lorac

anjshin said: That moment while watching Fashion 70's then suddenly my sister who came from overseas for a vacation here in our country suddenly saw JJM on my laptop's screen and to my surprised commented, "wowwww who is that? he's handsome" :D :\"> 8-} she then said JJM looks like a japanese-brazilian citizen. =)) :>

Guest anjshin

JJM @ Fashion 70's... i love him in here at every angle, and I'm contented on how the show ends. :D And the characters here are well executed. I must to confess that on every drama I saw with Jin Mo oppa, her leads always goes drop dead on him :D .  But I love Doemi(LYW)'s character better than the rest. I love how he told Bin that even if she had two hearts, he will still give it to DongYoung(JJM). Even didn't throw herself to Bin when he is asking her to hold her even just for once, she didn't. And until the end, even DongYoung turned his back to her for him to be alone for what happened to KangHee(KMJ), she understood him well and even turned down Bin's marriage proposal and accepted her fate with DongYoung even if he will not come back, she will still wait for her until the end no matter what happens, even if it takes her to wait forever. I love how DongYoung loves her(DM) even if he still doesn't know that she is his long lost friend/sister. Love as he told her "you'll never know when it did start and how will you fall for someone."  And one more thing, Doemi also said that she will not turn back time in meeting DongYoung first to Bin. It's their fate that connected them. ;))
10269556_10201722210843363_2846066092240
1480780_10201722211203372_72879417070224
1798429_10201722211483379_23083892689685
10153036_10201722211083369_3986849499346
10174989_10201722211803387_7807737768445

I'm currently ddling Dream, but @anjshin's description of Fashion 70' grabbed my attention, my questions are?
- The script is more well written than Queen of the Game?
- The female mainlead is she annoying or adorable?
... because JJM looks so sexy in there :D

Guest meelis

I'm a even worse JJM supporter, because I've only watched Bichunmoo of his old dramas and I'm yet to watch Friend 2. :D Time to catch up after EK has finished.
In the meantime, I watched the videos from Flowers in Fog found in a link that @DingLin posted. Well, I didn't understand a word of it and it was strange hearing his dubbed voice, but:- he looks mighty fine in there :x- his character seems to be a complete departure from the characters he has done before- that castle he lives in fits him good, there's an aristocratic aura around his whole persona in the drama- I like his pairing with Ruby Lin and also it looks like he has great interactions with his younger Chinese colleagues.
To sum up, I really hope his next project will be in China again. :D