Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2025: The Priest 2 (Dark Nuns) Upcoming Dramas 2025: Everything Will Come True (special appearance) & Show Business

Peachypie

4 hours ago, redbeanbuns said:

She always pretty as usual :wub: want her to be in pictorial for magazine..as I remember the last time,she was on vogue korea before her marriage,correct me if I'm wrong..

N it be good too if she do it with PBG,or maybe with her hubby (this is my ultimate dream :sweatingbullets:) haha

As her one of her long time fan,why I do feel everytime she took on project there will always be awful comment for her her acting,her age etc,more than other actress..if I may compare,when jun ji hyun took a role for my love from a another star I rarely saw a bad comments for her n it happen too in legend of the blue sea..once again correct me if I'm wrong,I don't mean to start war or something,it just example,JJH is a great actress too of course..it just that,why I felt some differences :sweatingbullets: or it just my imagination..sorry if my post make u guys uncomfortable..

it's the same with Lee min ho. even he did a splendid job at LOTBS he still get criticized. If you're are good and doing a good job you bound to have haters. so i only kinda stick to the actor/actress forum as they always support them.

6 hours ago, dukesa1122 said:

So my point is, the more you are popluar, the more haters you’ll have.

On point, My friend who never interesting to have social media account even thought that kyo doesn't have antis.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, redbeanbuns said:

She always pretty as usual :wub: want her to be in pictorial for magazine..as I remember the last time,she was on vogue korea before her marriage,correct me if I'm wrong..

N it be good too if she do it with PBG,or maybe with her hubby (this is my ultimate dream :sweatingbullets:) haha

As her one of her long time fan,why I do feel everytime she took on project there will always be awful comment for her her acting,her age etc,more than other actress..if I may compare,when jun ji hyun took a role for my love from a another star I rarely saw a bad comments for her n it happen too in legend of the blue sea..once again correct me if I'm wrong,I don't mean to start war or something,it just example,JJH is a great actress too of course..it just that,why I felt some differences :sweatingbullets: or it just my imagination..sorry if my post make u guys uncomfortable..

@redbeanbuns

Hopefully we'll get to see her grazes in magazine next year. You're right her last magazine she covered was in Vogue Korea 2016 (soon-to-be Mrs. Song) Me too would love to see Kyo and PBG in magazine cover  next year!  Of for course for SSC (dying to see them together in magazine cover soon, but I know it's hard cause they're so much private persons.They want to separate private life being married couple from work.

As for her longtime fan, I feel the same way too.They always throw negative comments on her whenever Kyo has new project either drama nor movie because they are jealous/ insecure to her beauty, being ideal type/crush/fanboy by many of popular k- actors, kpop singer idols even international actors/singers and her achievements under her belt.   As a fan, of course I feel hurt. To ease the pain, I just look at positive side instead! Kyo was not born to please everyone! 

@krisan hello welcome to SHK thread! Agree with you and @dukesa1122 !!!

• Like 4

Everytime I read negative comments of her all I need to remember was what she said :

”My fans are like me. They are calm and dont let negative comment and hate affect them.”

I dont memoriZe what she said word for word but it’s something of that thought.

I also read an article from an online news (Not Naver). They were praising SHK because even after the tax scandal, she’s still on a winning streak and whenever she releases a drama or endorses a brand, it always sells. The.writer said “SHK doesn’t react to negative comments and petty accusations and focus on her acting that is making her essentially bullet proof”. It wasn’t written by a blogger but by an actual journalist.

I said this before, and I’ll say it again, SHK has 4 dramas that reached 40% ratings under her belt. You can’t just deny the talent. B)

• Like 4

@dukesa1122 yes I'm still remember that unfortunate thing happen that year n it had been a big issue..when I remembered it again, when she was stand in front of many people to apologized it something brave to do, salute to her!!

n after that she went hiatus, n made comeback with blockbuster drama which is for me is a slap for haters that want her go down, me as her fan like 'ha, eat that' B)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, redbeanbuns said:

@dukesa1122 yes I'm still remember that unfortunate thing happen that year n it had been a big issue..when I remembered it again, when she was stand in front of many people to apologized it something brave to do, salute to her!!

n after that she went hiatus, n made comeback with blockbuster drama which is for me is a slap for haters that want her go down, me as her fan like 'ha, eat that' B)

It was a very sad day and I applaude her for publicly apologizing. She was even penalized for a much higher prize than what was required and didnt object to it. Each press con after her movie the brilliant life, she was too sad and I didnt even see any of her friends with her. I really thought that would be the end of her and then she made a come back and slayed. As usual. :wub:

Just a throwback... I loved this drama (was once an HB and SHK shipper) and I still cant get over the amount of kissing they did here. :sweat_smile:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, redbeanbuns said:

In that drama SHK had quite bad review about her acting n the story itself from the netz,if I'm not wrong..but for me it still quite entertaining although that is not my fave among her other works :rolleyes:

I remember. I maybe bias but I think both of their acting are really natural in WW. Especially when they broke up and shk started crying like there’s no tomorrow. Aww it broke my heart :bawling:

1 minute ago, caileysmiley said:

@dukesa1122

SJK be like: Why bringing that kiss-scene with my wife and her ex in my wife's thread here again, huh!?

(If you don't remove, I'll shoot you! ):joy:

Sorry dont shoot me hahahaha But my eyes went big when I was watching this before. :joy:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, caileysmiley said:

What about Love for Sale (Camellia) did your eyes go big too?:joy:

Yes. She was on top of him the whole film and the part when they were at the beach and she was making what looks like a male private part when the guy was lying down on the sand. :sweat_smile: I was like, this is not SHK. Some people say it was a double when they were making that scene.

Camellia,yes I've seen that movie :sweatingbullets: n it's quite shock for me becz she was rarely kissed her co star like that,more over there is a lot of gossip about her n KDW that time..haha..

But I like her kiss in that movie,it's a brave thing to do for someone shy like SHK..

• Like 1

6 Surprising Reasons Why You Should Watch Korean Drama Encounter Now

By: CHARMAINE TAN 
Tue., Dec. 25, 2018 7:42 PM

?size=l 

After taking two-year-long hiatuses from the screen, both of our favourite K-drama leads Song Hye-kyo and Park Bo-gum have finally come back into the spotlight with a new heart-warming drama perfect for holiday binge-watching sessions.

Encounter, a 16-episode series by tvN, features a romance that blooms when two very different individuals meet in the unlikely-but-charming Cuba. While she is the daughter of a powerful assemblyman and the CEO of many hotel chains, he is a young and free-spirited adventurer who has only just decided switch out part-timing for an office job that, all too coincidentally, is at one of her hotel chains. 

While wanderlust, chance and romance are conventional drama themes, Encounter excels particularly in making the ordinary extraordinary. The teasers were enough to excite the fans of the actors, but the drama itself takes on a intriguingly measured pace that manages to preserve the old-school charm of chasing and waiting games. Before it's over, here are some surprising reasons why you should tune in and watch Encounter.

(Spoilers are kept to the minimum)

?size=l

1. One word: cinematography

The teasers did a good job introducing how scenes could look like, but what it doesn't show enough is the impressive amount of sentiment each video still can hold. The poignant, minimalist, soft-focus shots demonstrate the merits of keeping things simple — focused enough to highlight the subjects in the frame without neglecting the importance of atmosphere, but also subtle enough to distinguish the more lively and vivid shots of the smiley Kim Jin-hyeok (Park Bo-gum) from the more toned down and 

mellow ones of Cha Soo-hyun (Song Hye-kyo).

2. The motif of Cuba throughout the series

In most dramas, an exotic location is little more than just a set design guide or a temporary change of scenery. However, in Encounter, the essence of Cuba and its zestful culture is commendably used throughout the drama, as a reminder to all of the night that started it all. When the pair returns to Korea, their daily lives and the numerous complications that stand in their way, motifs such as the familiar salsa music remind the characters and audiences of what the carefree environment once made happen — here, specifically referring to the festive and zealous night life of Havana.

3. The actors are natural fits for their roles

Those who know how chummy Park is with Song's on-screen-then-real-life beau Song Joong-ki might think that having Park act as Song's love interest is weird. But the nature of this romance thrives off of this very off-kilter awkwardness: The age gap and boss-employee dynamic is what makes it perfect for two megastars to come together here. This is probably the least surprising of reasons since we already know how amazing they would be at what they do anyway, but it is nonetheless a romance that you definitely would not expect to grow so quickly on you. You might even find yourself actually wanting to forget about Song Joong-ki for a while — this unique quirk of theirs [Park and Song] is really quite charming.

?size=l

4. Endearing characters

Cha Soo-hyun's struggle with her own dreams and her family's name speaks to the bulk of us that grew up trying to fit into a certain mould. Seeing her grow brighter with each episode adds that extra bit of spice that makes the story all the more endearing to follow through — her self-realisation is courageous in a way that urges viewers to also take the lead, to trust themselves more despite what others may say.  So while this is ultimately a romantic drama series, it is heartening to see that other lessons on love are also being taught.

5. Less is more

As processes are normally dramatised to speed up what naturally takes more time to occur, it is a joy to see that such a languid pace and simple way of speech was chosen to tell this story. The simple words allow complex emotions to carry across very effectively, and the scenarios are commonplace enough that it doesn't take much for a viewer to easily envision themselves in the same situation, making it all the more personal experience to watch this star-crossed romance unfold. It really is this clarity in the whole direction and the script that makes the drama move forward as if it had its own natural pace. 

6. Park Bo-gum's shaggy ahjumma hair... disappears!

Last but not least, if you were thrown off by his interesting hairstyle in the teaser, fret not, because he goes back to his usual short ‘do when they are back in Korea. You'll never know how much you love Park Bo-gum in a conventional cut more than with this drama....source credit @https://m.eonline.com/ap/amp/news/999246/6-surprising-reasons-why-you-should-watch-korean-drama-encounter-now?__twitter_impression=true

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dukesa1122 said:

Yes. She was on top of him the whole film and the part when they were at the beach and she was making what looks like a male private part when the guy was lying down on the sand. :sweat_smile: I was like, this is not SHK. Some people say it was a double when they were making that scene.

@dukesa1122

For god's sake, kindly transfer this post into spoiler button! I cannot!!!:joy::glasses: 

9 hours ago, krisan said:

That's what I am doing now even it is difficult. :lol:

About Camelia, it really suprised me.

@krisan be strong, just like our Kyo!!!:)

Spoiler

Kyo in drama  WW and movie Camellia made  us (Kyonatics) so surprise:scream:  Kyo and her ex HB shared a lot of kisses, lots of skinship. Kyo and KDW's kissing-scene was really OMG!!!! Kyo and KDW also had kissing-scene in movie My Brilliant Life.The way he kissed Kyo in Camellia and MBL was:love: !!! How lucky KDW was those days! I had also feeling KDW had feelings for Kyo, Maybe one of the reasons why he signed contract with UAA like PHS!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, redbeanbuns said:

Camellia,yes I've seen that movie :sweatingbullets: n it's quite shock for me becz she was rarely kissed her co star like that,more over there is a lot of gossip about her n KDW that time..haha..

But I like her kiss in that movie,it's a brave thing to do for someone shy like SHK..

Spoiler

They thought they had a relationship! Tbh, never in my wildest dream she would do that !!!!