Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2025: The Priest 2 (Dark Nuns) Upcoming Dramas 2025: Everything Will Come True (special appearance) & Show Business

Peachypie

@utkim, I also admit over the weekend I visited the kikyo thread and wow, the write-up of the details its like a investigation report (I'm saying this with warm respect and appreciation), I'm amazed how many supporters kikyo have.

What makes Song Hye Kyo happy, we will support her.

Today will be episode 15 of DoTS and looking forward to DOTS troopers summaries of live streaming recap.  I'm excited and sad at the same time that's nearing its end.

Hye Kyo's instagram followers increased again to 1.5 million.

• Like 9

Me, too, whatever makes SHK happy, I'll go along with it!

Whoever makes her happy, I'm for it!

I will support her all the way!

She is wiser and more mature now

and the way I see it, I think she is happy where she is now!

That's what matters!

I swing by the Song-Song thread several times a day!  

I must tell you, it is a happy and welcoming thread!

The camaraderie is awesome!

It is the fusion of the SJKers and SHKers

who support them as one!

Anyway, I still could not believe my aching ears when I heard that

SHK spurned the offer of one Japanese co. to model for them to the tune of 1mil USD!

Good for her! What a grand lady she is!  

Anywho, dOtS is coming to an end!

What's next?

• Like 9

Guest RoseS

only two more eps.....:(:w00t: but let's REVIEW 

(LEAD) Actor Song Joong-ki, actress Song Hye-kyo say 'Descendents of the Sun' wasn't easy

2016/02/22 19:10

(ATTN: UPDATES with Song Hye-kyo's comments, more quotes, background throughout; ADDS photos)

By Park Sojung

SEOUL, Feb. 22 (Yonhap) -- South Korean actor Song Joong-ki and actress Song Hye-kyo said Monday shooting "Descendants of the Sun" wasn't always a cakewalk even though the pre-recorded show allowed them plenty of time to reflect on their characters.

Song Joong-ki, who recently completed his mandatory military service, said playing an Army lieutenant was harder than he had anticipated.

"A lot of people have taken interest in the fact that Yoo Si-jin is my first soap opera role since being discharged from the military," Song told reporters at a press conference in Seoul. "Having been a soldier myself, I thought it would be easy to play this character, but Yoo turned out to be much more complicated than I'd expected."

Song completed the military service required of all able-bodied South Korean men in May. He said he had received the script written by star writer Kim Eun-sook in his final months in the Korean Army, where he was able to get in shape for the lead role.

"You know I'm not the kind of actor who is known for his physique," he said, laughing. "But I needed to look good for this show."

More than 13 billion won (US$10.5 million) went into producing this blockbuster-scale project, which is the first Korean show to premiere in South Korea and China simultaneously. In China, the melodrama will be streamed on the online video platform iQiyi.

South Korean actor Song Hye-kyo (L) and actor Song Joong-ki. (Yonhap)

South Korean actor Song Hye-kyo (L) and actor Song Joong-ki. (Yonhap)

In "Descendants of the Sun," Yoo encounters Kang Mo-yeon (Song Hye-kyo), an outspoken, type-A doctor, after getting in a fight with a high school student. He disarms her through forward gestures, but is soon deployed to a fictional war-torn country called Uruk. The two reunite, as Kang travels there as part of the medical non-profit organization Doctors without Borders. They realize they share a purpose -- to save lives -- but Yoo's means of doing so is to risk his own life.

Although the series involves helicopters, explosions and earthquakes, it's primarily a melodrama, Song said.

"It used to be the running joke that we needed helicopters, wars and earthquakes to make two people fall in love," he said.

Unlike the vast majority of South Korean dramas, the entire series have been pre-recorded. The reason is because foreign content takes months to clear Chinese censors, and shooting episodes "as you go," which has traditionally been the case in South Korea, is simply impossible.

While this arrangement allowed more time to develop her character, actress Song said it left her second-guessing herself too often.

"It was nice that I got to have more in-depth discussions about my role with the staff, writers and producer," she said. "But as with everything, there are good and bad sides. Sometimes I felt there was too much time for me to think and that complicated things."

Kang is Song's first soap opera role in three years. Even though the show is a melodrama, Song said, you can look for plenty of comic relief.

"There were many comical situations. Because Song Joong-ki and I got along so well together, we always ended up doing multiple takes because we were laughing so much," she said.

The main cast of "Descendants of the Sun." (Yonhap)

The main cast of "Descendants of the Sun." (Yonhap)

Besides the two Songs, another couple in the story is Seo Dae-young (Jin Goo) and Yun Myeong-ju (Kim Ji-won). Seo, who is Yoo's right-hand man, passionately loves Yun, a medic, but doesn't show it. Yun, meanwhile, is relentless in her expression of attraction to Seo.

Having never experienced the military, Kim said Jin taught her all the basics of the military.

"I knew so little about the military, but Jin taught me everything," she said, adding such knowledge has been crucial to understanding her character.

Although Yun speaks to Seo in honorifics only, Kim said there were few linguistic limitations in expressing her feelings.

"At first, I wasn't used to speaking in such strict honorifics, but the more I used them, the more comfortable it got," she said. "In some ways, I think it's a great way to express or hide feelings. It was sexy that a man listened to my orders."

Actors acknowledged that the show's identity may seem fuzzy at first, with topics spanning war, life and love. But Kim said the range is what would keep viewers interested.

"We used to joke that it's a 'military medical human melodrama,'" she said. "I think there are many interesting aspects to it."

Actress Song agreed, saying one of the show's strengths is its complex nature.

"It has comedy, melodrama and human interest story so you'd be able to find everything in our show," she said.

The KBS drama premieres at 10 p.m. on Wednesday.

sojungpark@yna.co.kr

(END)

Song Joong Ki Hopes To Return To ‘Running Man’ After ‘Descendants Of The Sun;’ Gushes About Co-Star Song HyeKyo

By Bernadette Waldorf / Apr 11, 2016 01:08 AM ED

"Descendants of the Sun" is down to its last two episodes and fans across the globe are wondering what will happen next to its lead stars Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo once the Korean drama comes to an end. The 30-year-old actor recently shared his thoughts on returning to the hit variety show "Running Man."

http://www.parentherald.com/articles/36130/20160411/song-joong-ki-hopes-to-return-to-running-man-after-descendants-of-the-sun-gushes-about-co-star-song-hye-kyo.htm

Kim Min Suk describes what it is like to work with the main cast of Descendants of the Sun

http://www.soompi.com/2016/04/12/kim-min-suk-describes-what-it-is-like-to-work-with-the-main-cast-of-descendants-of-the-sun/

Song Joong Ki, Song Hye Kyo만약 유시진과 강모연이 전생에 만났다면? - [태양의 자손] - 태양의 후예 패러디 (Descendants of the Sun parody)_송중기, 송혜교 주연

Translation for the video that @ladymaladroit requested. Not going to translate all the bits that have to do with politics and issues since it's a sticky subject and I don't want my translations confusing anyone. Just going to mention SHK (and SJK's) bits. THIS IS A ROUGH TRANSLATION ONLY MEANT TO EXPLAIN THE GENERAL CONVERSATION IN THE VIDEO.

MC1 - Song Hye Kyo-shi along with Song Joong Ki-shi are the most discussed famous actors in the country today.

MC2- Song Hye Kyo-shi had received an offer from the China Divisions of a famous Japanese Company called Mitsubishi to become their brand ambassador for Mitsubishi cars in China.But due to Mitsubishi's involvement in the war and the fact that they have still not acknowledged their mistake were the reasons that SHK-shi turned down the offer to be the brand ambassador. 

MC1 - Isn't Mitsubishi an extremely famous brand name when it comes to the automobile industry?. One of the most famous brands in the world.

MC2 -Even in our own country, men are extremely fond of Mitsubishi cars. Many dream of having a Mitsubishi car from a very young age.

(Then they talk about Mistubishi's role during the Meiji era - basically for the ones who are unfamiliar  Mitsubishi used to be a semi-government shipping company that was reluctant to to send its ships into military zones to provide troop transport. Mitsubishi provided troop transport for the national government's military expeditions and in return received the ships from the bankrupt semi-government shipping line. Mitsubishi was granted special privileges which enabled it to prosper and grow.

The MC also talks about SJK's new movie which will be dealing with the Japan-Korea war and how even there Mitsubishi had an involvement with the war.)

MC 2- For their involvement in Military Operations in the past, Japan has apologised to the people of America and China. However our nation is still yet to receive any formal apology or even acknowledgement from Mitsubishi with regards to their role .With SHK-shi's decision to refuse the deal this news has re-surfaced.

MC 3 - Not translating his part .

MC 1- I want to ask, SHK-shi is such a talented actress but how come she's also so aware of such things (*basically he's amazed since Actors and Actresses aren't considered the smartest. Also they tend to be unaware of national and international affair.) 

MC 2 - Even the netizens asked a similar question, they're also equally curious and amazed. As you know, the famous Prof. Seok Young Duk from our country shared news that SHK called him and asked him whether Mitsubishi still hadn't acknowledged and apologised for their actions in the past.

MC 1 - Oh!. She was already aware of this in such great detail (*amazement*)

MC 2 - Yes, which is why she stated this as the reason of her refusal of the offer. Which is why even the Netizens in China are discussing this news in great detail and praising her. The Prof also shared that SHK-shi has a lot of interest in the activities and issues involving our country, be it in the country or in other countries she has always attempted to create a good image and awareness about S.Korea. The Prof. mentions how she's an actress who takes her responsibility as someone representing her nation very seriously and even though such actions may not be expected from Actors/Entertianers , she takes it upon herself to do so.

MC 3 - not translating.

MC 1 - not translating.

MC 2 - not translating.

MC 1- Is it true that this Chinese actress got plastic surgery to look like SHK-shi?. That she approached plastic surgeons to make her look like SHK-shi?

MC 2- Yes,her name is Zhang Yuqi and she's an actress famous for her beauty in HK. But even she wanted to look like SHK, which is why she came to S.Korea to get surgery to look like SHK. Whether this is confirmed or not, the results of the surgery are definitely there for all to see and she does look like quite similar to SHK post-surgery. Not just her, many Chinese people come to Seoul to get plastic surgery so that they can look like SHK.

Next bits are just discussions over SHK and SJK's upcoming movie have sort of re-ignited this issue. Next bit is about actress Lee Young Ae.

• Like 14

The Goddess!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 13006496_1597244233927974_81028495275587

• Like 8

Writer of 'Descendants of the Sun' talks about the upcoming ending                                                              misc_1460520161_af_org.jpg   

The final episode of 'Descendants of the Sun' is approaching, and many viewers are dying for the ending. On KBS1 radio 'Hello, This is Hong Ji Myung', Kim Eun Sook, who is the writer of the trending drama, talked about this topi

Many netizens worry that Kim Eun Sook's drama might end with a bizarre twist like it did on 'Lovers in Paris'. Kim Eun Sook commented, "I've heard that people think that the whole story is Yoo Si Jin's dream in the end. If that is the case then I might really need to immigrate to another country, because I would not be able to live in Korea."

She continued, "Viewers gave me trouble for my endings in the past. I don't think I want to make the same mistake again. I want to tell viewers to not to worry and watch the final episodes."

The last episode is airing on April 14. What are your guesses on the ending?

• Like 10

The most influential stars ranked by Korea Brand Reputation Analysis

song-joong-ki--song-hye-kyo-mamamoo-park

The current hottest stars were given honors on the monthly ranking by Korea Brand Reputation Analysis. The most influential and powerful star brand endorsers are listed below.

According to the results, Song Joong Ki takes first place while his co-star Song Hye Kyo from 'Descendants of the Sun'follows in second. 

Credit @allkpop

• Like 12

The Beautiful Bride!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    13010865_1037454209674701_22649714094830                                                                                                                                                                                      

• Like 8

Omooo ‪#‎SongSongCouple‬ what izz the meaning of thizzzzxD  they look so cute with baby  Hmmm I wonder, is the baby they hold, same or different?Idk but 50% it looks just samexD look at the hair/hairline and the eyes its just on the pic with Joong Ki the baby is smiling wide while on Hye Kyo the baby is just stablexD but 50% also maybe not because on Hye Kyo, the baby looks like a girl while on Joong Ki the baby looks like a boyxD and last the background also looks the samexD its just the pic of Hye Kyo is lighter than the pic of Joong Ki  okay I need to stop this now!                                                                                                  11225728_1772650352969169_70321003285841

• Like 5

SongSongCouple‬ matchy matchy. Reel to real juseyoooo                                                                                                                                                                           13000217_1713134142284183_4972484620763613007146_1713134112284186_36835193309088

The Goddess!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 12027662_1502707673383521_7393487354578213001035_1057695054291880_36047527095204

• Like 7

Guest RoseS

Watching again, 

Many comments requesting: Hold a concert for artists to perform DOTS/OSTS

Just wait and see........:blink::wub::wub:

WOW, DOTS, You're so special:wub::phew:

Wed & Thurs dramas cancelled on election day April 13 except for 'Descendants of the Sun'

'Descendants of the Sun' has been broadcast on the 20th legislative elections day April 13th as regularly scheduled.

The hit drama KBS 2TV's Wednesday & Thursday show, 'Descendants of the Sun' has aired the episode 15 at 10 PM as regularly scheduled between the coverage of the legislative election and the drama will wrap up next day with the episode 16 finally.

Also, 'Descendants of the Sun' special programs will air the part one and two at 10 PM on Wednesday & Thursday next week. Part three will be broadcast from 9:30 PM to 11:45 PM on Friday April 23rd.

Meanwhile, MBC's Wednesday & Thursday drama, "Goodbye Mr. Black" and SBS' "Please Come Back, Mister" have cancelled the Wednesday show on the election day and will air two episodes together next day on Thursday consecutively.