Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2025: The Priest 2 (Dark Nuns) Upcoming Dramas 2025: Everything Will Come True (special appearance) & Show Business

Peachypie

Tonight's episode is really full of touching moments and touches on humanity, especially with regard to choosing a patient to save given the circumstances. Whichever choice, there'll be regrets and pain for sure.

I can feel the pain that KMY is going through, being forced to choose. SHK's crying scene is totally heart-wrenching, I agree. She's the only K actress I know that does not kick up a big fuss howling and screaming when crying. Lol....She does it with such elegance even when crying her heart out. I take my hat off to her for her daebak acting! Whoever said she can't act must be .........    :D

• Like 12

Guest RoseS

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2016-03/16/c_135194654.ht

New Korean TV drama gains great popularity in S.Korea, China

Source: Xinhua   2016-03-16 16:49:36

SEOUL, March 16

[New South Korean TV drama is gaining great popularity both in South Korea and China, being poised to surpass the stronghold of the 2014 big hit "My Love from the Star."]

[South Korean actor Song Joong-Ki, who plays the army captain Yoo Si-jin, told a press conference in Seoul on Wednesday that he hasn't realized his popularity in China yet though he just guessed it based on text messages sent by his friend staying in China.]

[By last Thursday, Chinese fans searched for the drama at least 2.5 billion times through China's Twitter-like microblog Sina Weibo.]

[Asked about the reason of popularity, Song told reporters that a love story between a doctor and a soldier was seen as being "novel" to viewers as a solider is an occupation that can be rarely found on TV dramas.]

"Descendants of the Sun" tells a love story between an army captain Yoo Si-jin, played by actor Song Joong-ki, and a doctor Kang Mo-yeon played by South Korean actress Song Hye-kyo.

[Actress Song Hye-kyo said that many people loved the rom-com drama due to what she called a balance between serious and light stories, noting that she was happy about being able to display the power of the Korean drama.]

[The rom-com drama, composed of 16 episodes, was pre-produced completely before being aired. It was unusual for Korean drama series, as South Korean producers tend to make shows on an episode-by-episode basis to leave room for adjustments according to reaction from viewers.]

New episodes will be broadcast every Wednesday and Thursday at 10 p.m. local time.

Editor: Hou Qiang

SHK really got to shine again this episode. I love that Mo Yeon is not just the male lead's love interest.  Her chracter is just so much more than that.  It's so nice to see her job given such importance, and a huge reason why SJ is in love with her too is her heart and how she cares.  Love it. 

• Like 11

Guest RoseS

“DESCENDANTS OF THE SUN”: TWO PREVIEWS OF EPISODE 8 + EPISODE 7 SELECT CLIPS

http://couch-kimchi.com/2016/03/16/descendants-of-the-sun-two-previews-of-episode-8-episode-7-select-clips/

“DESCENDANTS OF THE SUN” LEADS ARE ALL CASUAL AT PACKED MID-SERIES PRESS MEET (UPDATED)

http://couch-kimchi.com/2016/03/16/descendants-of-the-sun-leads-are-all-casual-at-packed-mid-series-press-meet/

dots2pcfeat

Guest RoseS

Song Hye Kyo Says Song Joong Ki’s Body Seems Weaker Than Hers

Soompi, Jiwon Yu, March 16/2016

Song Hye Kyo Says Song Joong Ki’s Body Seems Weaker Than Hers

Song Hye Kyo talked about how she feels working with a younger actor for the first time in “Descendants of the Sun.”

During the press conference for “Descendants of the Sun” on March 16, Song Hye Kyo said, “A lot of actors my age work with younger actors. Their age difference is usually around five years, but my age difference [with Song Joong Ki] is not that big. Joong Ki treats me like an elderly on set, but after talking with him I realized he knew a lot of things I knew when I was young.”

She added, “Joong Ki’s body age seems to be a lot older than mine because he got sick often. I want to try acting with someone younger,” and laughed.

cute, cute, Dr. Kang:D:D:D

http://www.soompi.com/2016/03/13/descendants-of-the-sun-sold-to-japan-in-biggest-deal-in-three-years/?utm_source=viki&utm_medium=newsmodule-container-web&utm_campaign=soompi_news_module&utm_content=23205c

“Descendants of the Sun” Sold to Japan in Biggest Deal in 3 Years

[One industry representative states, “After its popularity exploded in both South Korea and China, Japanese buyers wanted to be the first ones to buy ‘Descendants of the Sun.’ Because it stars Hallyu actress Song Hye Kyo and recently discharged Song Joong Ki, as well as having a positive response that it is entertaining, the drama had an increasingly expensive price tag, and the competition among buyers became more fierce.”]

Guest RoseS

Song Hye Kyo talks about her first experience acting with a younger actor

By yckim124    1 hour ago  
song-joong-ki--song-hye-kyo_1458111865_a

Song Hye Kyo talked about what it was like to work with an actor that is younger than her for the very first time. 

At the recent press conference of 'Descendants of the Sun', Song Hye Kyo shared her first experience of acting opposite of Song Joong Ki

Song Hye Kyo said, "I am thankful. Most actors that are my age seem to be working with younger actors now. There is a 5 year age gap, but it doesn't feel that way. We were able to connect and he even knew the old trends." She added, "I want to try working with an actor who is even younger." 

Wow, Song Hye Kyo's youthful looks made it seem like there wasn't much of an age gap at all. She can definitely manage to work with an even younger actor in the future.  

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/03/song-hye-kyo-talks-about-her-first-experience-acting-with-a-younger-actor

SHK was soo so so good in today's episode!!!! She kills emotional scenes. 

Many actresses are either pretty or good at acting. It is so hard to find an actress who excels at both and SHK is one of the only who is gorgeous and can act the socks off of people. Slay goddess :wub:

• Like 10

Guest RoseS

Song Joong Ki put a lot of effort into the kiss scene with Song Hye Kyo?

By jubilantj    5 minutes ago  
song-joong-ki-_1458154876_af_org.jpg

"Descendants of the Sun" ratings slow down, but will it break 30%?  

2016/03/16

photo702861.jpg

"Descendants of the Sun" has started to slow down, but it's close to breaking through 30%.

According to Nielsen Korea, KBS 2TV "Descendants of the Sun" rated 28.3% on the 17th, a 0.2% decrease from the previous episode's 28.5% last week.

Meanwhile, MBC "Goodbye Mr. Black" rated 3.9% and SBS "Please Come Back, Mister" rated 4.0%.TELEVISION /  MAR 13, 2016

‘DESCENDANTS OF THE SUN’ UPDATES: SONG JOONG-KI, SONG HYE-KYO TOPS 30% VIEWERSHIP RATING

http://www.movienewsguide.com/descendants-sun-updates-song-joong-ki-song-hye-kyo-tops-30-viewership-rating/175478

The Korean drama “Descendants of the Sun” is gearing up to reach a milestone record in ratings. The drama has also already surpassed the 30 percent mark in viewership ratings with its fifth episode.

The KBS drama “Descendants of the Sun” has captured the hearts of many Korean drama lovers and fans. The drama first aired in February 24 and early episode ratings showed that it was off to a good start. Ratings posted double-digit numbers and with five episodes in, it has already achieved a milestone rating of 31.2 percent in Seoul, according to Nielsen Korea data released Thursday, March 10, YonHap News reported.

Last night episode was great and her acting was superb and i like wen she cried hard she is the most best actress ever.  she like to work with the younger actior  my no.1 on the list Lee Min Ho and some other great young actor im happy that the rating stay on the top thank you so much Lord. Hours to go for the episode 7.❤️❤️❤️

• Like 7

This is a drama well written and well researched. I am happy that SHK took this role as Dr. Kang.

As a medical doctor, we are ruled also by medical ethics and medical jurisprudence, whom do we save first an old man or a young man, both in critical condition.

In the scene where KMY is crying her heart out, she remains standing... This is to show among your peers,

inner strength and courage to go on and do your job.

What a great drama enacted by SHK as a medical doctor.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

• Like 10

Yesss ... The director did a good job so far for the ending in every epsd... That's always make us eager for more.. That's why every wed seems so long this time :)

Just wandering in what epsd she's gonna tell her feel.. The longing thougggghhh... :blink:

Yesss... Glad she's taken this role... Is great n can be along with her aimh n fh success too.. 

@joongkyo

I agree 100% with she should take all the promo..n yesss her situations now seems push her to is a "must" for her.. Hope this new agency can pursue her ( she's don't really like this kinda things.. She's alowkey n homey persons ) .. Hope she will do that n will have fun with it n if she's not .. hope others will understand .. she's been answering this issue before n said that she's shy n offently find that awkward situations in pc or when answering interviews n sometimes she's depend on her co... That's why i think how toghtfull sjk is in pc to take first so she can manage herself then... Hopefuly she's take this chances coz is the side that she had to conquere n being master of it for the marketing of herself (she's 34 now, before everythings going to be limited, she's got to improve some skills .. Not for popularity but for the memories for share each others ).. N this only hapends by doing it.. Learning by doing it n i think she's can count on to sjk .. Cm'on hye kyo.. Overseas fans miss you badly

• Like 3

Guest RoseS
-OST Part 5,  "Once Again" has also claimed #1 spots on Bugs, Soribada, Monkey,Olleh, Genie, Naver Music, and Mnet, for an all-kill on a total of 7 music charts!
[video, couple Jin Woo&Kim ]

-[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Descendants of the Sun" Episode7photo702873.jpg
"Descendants of the Sun" rode atop romance and angsty separations for its first six episodes, but this episode saw a sudden turn. It began to look inward, to inspect the minutiae of humanity and the beauty found in the smallest of human connections. Perhaps the lack of intense romantic interaction is what kept the show from pushing into the 30s, but it came in at a hugely respectable 28.3%, just 0.2% less than last episode.
The little moments built this episode from the ground up. Even if we hadn't known the characters, we wouldn't have had to. Lee Chi-hoon connects with a patient who is, like him, a soon-to-be-parent. Language distances them, but he manages to help her and care for her anyway. Then Doctor Song comforts him as Chi-hoon's first forays into the hell and misery of natural disaster cause him to crumble inside. Myeong-joo and Dae-yeong reach a turning point as the fear of losing each other overcomes the fear of family and social pecking order. It wasn't a huge conversation. It was just a few words. A small moment - just like the rest of the episode
.DOTS1DOTS2
What separates this episodes from the rest of the drama is that it is about a huge event, the ugly aftermath of an earthquake, but the real movement comes in the connections made by strangers in crisis. Crisis strips people down to their souls, allowing them to connect. Or, in the case of Manager Jin (Jo Jae-yoon), we see he is utterly selfish. Regarding young Gi-beom, he donates blood to an in-field surgery patient, saving the patient's life despite the fact that he feels useless. Myeong-joo puts a patient's safety over her own worry for Dae-yeong, a huge step for the simpering beauty.
Then there was the fact that the episode felt like a medical or crime drama with its problems to be solved, quick pace, and intensity. Well, a crime drama infused with humor. Like when Chi-hoon's mom orders to be connected with her son because she paid for the satellite that allows for the communication in the first place. Epic use of a chaebol mama.

And we come around to our main couple, our OTP, Si-jin and Mo-yeon. They spend the episode working together in the most difficult of circumstances, fighting dismal odds, pain, and exhaustion. All the garbage they fought about fell by the wayside as they put others' needs before themselves. It allowed Si-jin to open up to her and be honest sans jokes, defensiveness, and hiding behind his uniform. He was plain with his words and with his emotions, the way he had been when they first fell for each other. It was a heartfelt return to their initial attraction albeit in much heavier circumstances. I'm hoping that this groundedness stays with him and Mo-yeon rather than the fighting.
Despite a few silly moments, this episode of little moments felt good to watch. It was satisfying. It gave me more than just sappy romance and big feels. It cut to the crux of what makes good drama - people. The human condition.
Written by: Raine from 'Raine's Dichotomy'

[The wine-kiss took place in the fourth episode. Song Joong-ki said, "The director and myself put a lot of work into the scene. We didn't know how the public would react to the first kiss scene of the drama. We wondered if they would relate to Mo-yeon and Si-jin's emotions and we worried about the intensity of it. The flow turned out well and we were serious when we took the scene"].

Guest RoseS

"Descendants of the Sun" Song Hye-kyo, "I know why everyone's crazy about Song Joong-ki"

photo702881.jpg

Song Hye-kyo revealed the secret to Song Joong-ki's popularity.

A press conference for the KBS 2TV drama "Descendants of the Sun" was held on the 16th with Song Joong-ki, Song Hye-kyo, Jin Goo and Kim Ji-won.

Song Hye-kyo said, "Everyone is crazy about Yoo Si-jin these days. He's well-mannered, considerate of others and even checks in on the rookies. He's the best partner an actress could have".

"Song Joong-ki is younger than me but I think I am more childish than him. I now know why everyone is crazy about him".

Guest RoseS

"Descendants of the Sun" Song Hye-kyo, "I know why everyone's crazy about Song Joong-ki"

2016/03/16

photo702881.jpg

Song Hye-kyo revealed the secret to Song Joong-ki's popularity.

A press conference for the KBS 2TV drama "Descendants of the Sun" was held on the 16th with Song Joong-ki, Song Hye-kyo, Jin Goo and Kim Ji-won.

Song Hye-kyo said, "Everyone is crazy about Yoo Si-jin these days. He's well-mannered, considerate of others and even checks in on the rookies. He's the best partner an actress could have".

"Song Joong-ki is younger than me but I think I am more childish than him. I now know why everyone is crazy about him".

http://www.hancinema.net/descendants-of-the-sun--the-wine-kiss-scene-with-song-hye-kyo-took-a-lot-of-work-92501.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Hello chingus..let me share this here

Kim Min suk who plays  Private Kim Ki Bum shares that "Song Hye Kyo breaks my prejudice against actresses.For me ,she is like a heroine among the seniors .Maybe i am like a younger brother to her so i can joke freely with her. Sometimes when the filming stopped because of bad weather, we would sit around waiting, she would always encouraged me and even treat me samgyeopsal"

"I gave her a  nickname "Song dere" because she always take good care of people around her without a second thought"

source:baidu

• Like 22