Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Upcoming Drama 2024:Show Business/Special Appearance Drama 2025: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

Guest ZhouYunfen

Ugh,I wanna see SHK in saeguk again but in small screen this time around with her Oh Soo oppa [-O< An O2 reunion will definitely make my day 8-> 8-> Ugh, I miss O2 so much :(( :(( Ji Sung and Hwang Jung-Eum will reunite again in upcoming drama Kill me, Heal me under MBC network after one year, they both starred in secret love .Why can't they bring back SHK-JIS tandem on tv again? ??

@modm thanks for the video ! Love it :x

Ecstatic for Kyo's TC event tomorrow night and another event on dec.19th \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

class="node-title"Awesome write up  of The Crossing.gold-star-smiley.gif?1292867608gold-star-smiley.gif?1292867608gold-star-smiley.gif?1292867608gold-star-smiley.gif?1292867608gold-star-smiley.gif?1292867608 class="node-title"Ripped by revolution By Loong Wai Ting - 11 December 2014 @ 8:06 AM

JOHN Woo’s latest war epic, The Crossing: Part 1, is impeccable and unrestrained. Its all-star cast is helmed by Chinese heartthrob Huang Xiaoming, with Tong Dawei and Zhang Ziyi together with South Korean actress Song Hye-kyo, Taiwan-born Takeshi Kaneshiro and Japanese actress Nagasawa Masami.

Made four years since Woo’s last astonishing historical epic, Red Cliff which was based on the Chinese literary classic Three Kingdoms, The Crossing: Part 1 marks his return to the motion picture industry.

Woo teams up with Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and Lust, Caution scriptwriter Wang Hui Ling for the film about three refugee couples who flee mainland China to Taiwan on a steamer during the War Of Liberation.

While most of the action takes place on mainland, the film is, nonetheless, awash with romance and the conflicts faced by the individuals who are forced to take sides — the Republic of China (Taiwan) or the newly-formed Communist Party of China.

Dubbed the “Chinese version of Titanic”, Woo’s depiction takes place on Jan 27, 1949 when the Chinese steamer, Taiping (carrying more than 1,500 refugees fleeing China), collides with a smaller vessel and sinks, carrying most of the passengers and crew with her.

It was 1945 when the Japanese surrendered and the alliance between the governing Kuomintang (KMT) and the Communists starts to disintegrate. KMT Army Commander, Lei Yifang (Huang Xiaoming) is a decorated war hero and returns to Shanghai after defeating the Japanese army during an ambush. At a dinner party, he meets the daughter of a wealthy banker, Zhou Yufen (Song Hye-kyo) and are married soon after.

As the civil war threatens to unleash its full power, Lei sends his wife off to Taiwan for her own safety. There, she meets Dr Yan Zekun (Takeshi Kaneshiro) who used to serve as a medical officer for the Japanese during the second Sino-Japanese war. But little did Yan know his Japanese lover, Masako (Masami Nagasawa) has been repatriated after the war ended.

Meanwhile, an infantry soldier Tong Daqing (Tong Dawei) agrees to marry an impoverished young woman, Yu Zhen (Zhang Ziyi) before being shipped off to the border to face the advancing Communist soldiers.

The Crossing: Part 1 is beautifully-crafted and visually-satisfying. In this character-driven story, Woo succeeds in intimate storytelling on top of great filmmaking and superb performance from the cast.

Emotionally-stirring, the film tells an extraordinary story in the most earnest of intentions. There is a poignant scene where Zhang Ziyi’s character comes to terms with her own hardship and will do anything to survive.

The bar is set high from the moment the film opens. It is peppered with narrations by the characters with constant flashbacks, helping the audience connect the dots. For an epic film, its flaws if any, are hardly noticeable.

Inspiring as it is, the film’s bold approach at re-imagining the civil war between the Kuomintang armies of the Republic of China and the Communist Party of China, is not without its detractors. Deemed “too sensitive” by the Chinese government, it is one reason why it took four years before it is released.

Meticulously shot and scripted, The Crossing: Part 1 gives the audience a detailed account of not just the war but also the lives it has affected. In what looks like a lengthy account of the war, the actors thoroughly encapsulates the emotional turmoil that their characters are facing.

With such graceful camerawork and cinematography pulling you into the picture, as well as commendable performances by its cast, this film will stay with you for a long time.

111214LTp20.transformed.jpg Dr Yan Zekun (Takeshi Kaneshiro) returns to Taiwan after serving as a medic for the Japanese army.

class="headline"for Takeshi K. lovers..love kiss leaflove kiss leaflove kiss leaf class="headline"The Crossing' is the love story John Woo always wanted to tell

by seto kit yan

'The Crossing' is based on the infamous 1949 sinking of Chinese steamer 'Taiping' that claimed some 1,500 lives.

'The Crossing' is based on the infamous 1949 sinking of Chinese steamer 'Taiping' that claimed some 1,500 lives.

Woo returns to direct another epic flick after brush with cancer.

Touted by media as the Chinese Titanic, The Crossing Part 1 is Hong Kong filmmaker John Woo’s latest epic war romance.

At the 67th Cannes Festival earlier this year where The Crossing Part 1 was first revealed, director Woo said: “I’ve wanted to make this movie for a long time. Because people always see me as an action director, but do not realise that I can make love stories as well.”

Describing The Crossing Part 1, Woo mused: “It is a romantic story of hope. And, it has a lot of drama, action and humour.”

Woo recalled when he was diagnosed with lymph cancer in early 2012, he had to postpone the making of The Crossing Part 1 (formerly titled as Love And Let Love) as he underwent four surgeries and spent a whole year recuperating.

“I was feeling very unhappy then, as I felt that I had not made a really perfect film, and my heart was filled with regret,” said Woo in an earlier interview.

“But, after I recovered from this life-threatening illness, I also regained my confidence and realised that I had the opportunity to make the best movie of my life. I was so excited to be able to continue making The Crossing Part 1,” said Woo, best known for his Hong Kong action flicks like A Better Tomorrow (1986) and Red Cliff (2008 & 2009), as well as Hollywood films like Face/Off (1997) and Mission: Impossible II (2000).

At the helm: John Woo (seated in the centre) with the star-studded cast. At the helm: John Woo (seated in the centre) with the star-studded cast.

Based on the infamous 1949 sinking of Chinese steamer Taiping, an incident which claimed some 1,500 lives, The Crossing Part 1 revolves around several young couples who are forced to flee to Taiwan in the midst of the Chinese Revolution.

Much of the excitement about the US$49mil (RM166mil) film also has to do with its multi-national star-studded cast, which includes Japanese-Taiwanese heartthrob Takeshi Kaneshiro, South Korean actress Song Hye-kyo, mainland Chinese actors Zhang Ziyi, Huang Xiaoming, and Tong Daweim, as well as Japanese actresses Masami Nagasawa and Hitomi Kuroki.

The film also reunites Woo, 68, with Kaneshiro, 41, with whom he collaborated with in Red Cliff, also a two-part war epic.

When asked what attracted him to make another epic with Woo, Kaneshiro, who plays a doctor in The Crossing Part 1, replied: “Very simply, the script is good, the director is good, so there was no reason to decline it.”

It was also revealed that director Woo had arranged for his wife and daughter to have some scenes with his dashing leading man.

His second daughter, Angeles, plays the handsome actor’s sister-in-law while Woo’s wife plays Kaneshiro’s neighbour.

“The neighbour’s role was a small one and required someone with knowledge of the Taiwanese dialect. Since my wife spoke Taiwanese, I let her take on a minor role for a bit of fun. As for my daughter, she really adores the collaboration with Takeshi Kaneshiro,” Woo revealed in an interview.

Taiwanese-Japanese actor Takeshi Kaneshiro plays a Taiwanese doctor who travels frequently to Shanghai to get his medical supplies and ends up falling for a Japanese girl in John Woos epic war romance The Crossing. Taiwanese-Japanese actor Takeshi Kaneshiro plays a Taiwanese doctor who travels frequently to Shanghai to get his medical supplies and ends up falling for a Japanese girl in John Woos epic war romance The Crossing.

The director also showered praises on Kaneshiro, saying that the low-profile actor looks set to be a director.

“For his next movie project, I’d like for us to be joint-directors. Or if he prefers to direct, then I’m willing to be the producer.”

Asked if he wanted shift gears and try directing, the multilingual Kaneshiro (he speaks Mandarin, Taiwanese Hokkien, Japanese, Cantonese and English) replied: “When I was younger, I really wanted to do that. But now after filming two epic flicks with John Woo, I no longer want to be a director.

“I feel that it is a very taxing role. But, I would still consider it if the material is compelling.” 

The Crossing Part 1 opens in cinemas nationwide today. Part 2 is slated to be released in May next year.

Like father & daughter~♡ 52HvH5N.jpg CrtoPD JW;Thank you very much for your diligence:))) SHK;Thank you so much for the great work you put into TC:))) Had watched TC part 1, be patient and it'll be an enjoyable film to watch:)))It's really worth to watch a few times, so many beautiful scenes of Zhou Yunfen~♡♡♡
Looking forward to TC part 2!!!

Song Hye Kyo ranked 1st in "Top 10 Most Popular Korean Actresses in 2014" by "Latest world infomation" :x
Logo-e1417121947831.jpg

Top 10 Most Popular Korean Actresses in 2014

Following are the top 10 most popular Korean Actresses in 2014
10. Yoon Eun Hye
9. Eon Jin Son
8. Ha Ji-Won
7. Han Ga ln
6. Shin Min Ah
5. Park Shin Hye
4. Kim Tae Hee
3. Lee Da Hae
2. Park Min Young

1. Song Hye Kyo
Song Hye-kyo (born November 22, 1981) is a South Korean actress known as Television actress, has great talent and versatility. She got prominence with television dramas such as Autumn in My Heart, All In, Full House, and That Winter, The Wind Blows. No doubt she is the queen of many hearts even outside Korea. Acted in dramas, films and music videos became her most popular and desired lady in Korea. She was the winner of many best actress awards from 1999 till now, added in top of our ‘list of most popular actresses’ in Korea with huge fan club.
Top-10-Most-Popular-Korean-Actresses-in-2014-Song-Hye-Kyo.jpg
http://latestworldinformation.com/top-10-most-popular-korean-actresses-in-2014/

congrats Kyo ranked no. 1 most popular korean actress.. :x your simply one of a kind.. :x :x

thanks @freshspring @rubylia @megbc8 @MayaE @Ngoc @kyobowl @modm and to all the chingus for the updates, info's, pics and posts..;-)

Guest Jinkyoung

Hi @MayaE.... "couple"? what "couple"?? .... "bedimpled panda"? what is it or who is he? is this a shipper paradise?? i think this is Song Hye Kyo's forum..

i suggest you pls refrain yourself for doing any shipping talks/code in here, especially with someone who is not in work/project related with Kyo at the moment...just do your shipping in the proper place!

Have read the rules that has been posted by the mods sometimes ago, haven't you read it? To be fair with all of us here who are love to follow Kyo's activities or any update related of her information in person, lets just don't break the rules.

hi @Jinkyoung if you would read the past post of kyonatics here they even mention wonkyo, O2 once in awhile, even bedimpled panda was also mention here few times. as mod. says, as long as you dont get overboard it'll be ok. Some are even posting gifs, videos of jis, ssh. I've read it, I also suggest  you to read the past post in this thread so you can see that bedimpled panda/h2, O2/jis, wonkyo/kdw, wonbin, ssh, rain   was mention here in shk thread. If you have time, you can go back to page 2908  and you can see modm post no 54, video of shk and jis.
I know the proper thread where to post for my fave. loveteam. 

I'm sorry chingus,  @modm I need to mention your post to set an example that once inawhile mentioning shk past leading men can be mention here at shk thread. thank you.