Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Upcoming Drama 2024:Show Business/Special Appearance Drama 2025: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

cant get over DoTs BTS/NG special, love to see SHK this happy while filming DoTs!

bf5ce9c7gw1f37qlivi5zg20b408ckjn.gif

bf5ce9c7gw1f37qm3842xg20b408c4qt.gif

from asia times

Lifestyle: Descendants of the Sun, Song Joong-ki and Song Hye-kyo create an army of addicts

By Caroline Diana on April 23, 2016 in Lifestyle (<>

It all started in February. Nobody had the slightest hunch that this Korean drama would leave a lasting impression on their lives. Today, ‘Descendants of the Sun’ has created an army of addicts across the world.

For the past three months, Descendants of the Sun invaded the televisions of Korean homes. The show’s adorable protagonists Song Joong-ki and Song Hye-kyo, along with the equally charismatic Jin Goo and Kim Ji-won, slowly pierced through the borders and stole many hearts in China, Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia and Malaysia. Today, these characters have become household names in Asia and, to an extent, in the West

http://atimes.com/2016/04/lifestyle-descendants-of-the-sun-song-joong-ki-and-song-hye-kyo-create-an-army-of-addicts/

12935099_1759394920960293_1800368930_n.j

• Like 18

I love the many beautiful photos of HyeKyo from this article even though the content is similar to other articles....

Song Hye Kyo gets personal with fans on career and marriage: 'I'm old enough to get married but I see myself swaying'

24 April 2016
Song Hye Kyo gets personal with fans on career and marriage: 'I'm old enough to get married but I see myself swaying'

Song Hye Kyo recently held a press event in Seoul where she fielded questions from fans all around the world.

Among the topics raised was the success in her acting career and marriage plans, reported the Korea Herald.

On acting, the 34-year-old said:

"Acting has never been easy, and it will never be. When I was younger, I thought time will tell. But as I become more seasoned, it was the complete opposite. I became very nervous whenever I start filming a new work, to this day. I think a lot about the character I play. I became stressed thinking about how to portray the character the best way.

"Even after completing a successful role, nothing much changes. I will do as I have always been doing. It won't lead to any change of direction in my career."

On life as a top celebrity:

"Song Hye-kyo is like an ordinary person. I used to have many friends to hang out with when I was young. I had so many that I could not take care of all of them. Nowadays, the older I get, I lose more friends. I became increasingly cautious in terms of relationships to the degree that I only hang out with those who can tolerate anything that I do. I cry if something bad happens, I grab a drink with friends when I get stressed out, I travel, I sometimes lash out at my closest friends. The only difference is that I'm a celebrity and I'm shown to the world. Apart from that, I think I'm like most women my age."

"Nowadays, as the filming session is complete, I usually stay idle. I was so stressed out and exhausted, which leaves me spaced out. Now is the time for recovery, without worrying about anything.

On her future acting roles and upcoming projects: 

"I haven't decided which project I will be engaged in. I hope I could work with like-minded staff and actors. I'm not sure whether my future project is Chinese or Korean."

"On the character I want to play in the future, I have a lot in mind, but as you see, there are only limited roles a Korean actress could play. I do get offers for roles in thrillers, a genre I never tried before, but I haven't accepted a role because there are many things to consider, like the quality of the writing. I wish there were more diverse choices for actresses, as there are for actors. A lot of great Korean actresses remain out of the limelight because the roles they can play are limited. I hope directors could offer actresses more diverse genres or more multidimensional characters.

On plans for marriage: 

"I'm old enough to get married. But I see myself swaying. One day I'm like 'I should marry someone soon' and another day I'm like 'Why get married? I'm a free-spirited individual. I can travel to all kinds of places without asking anyone's permission. I can do whatever I want.' But someday the day for marriage will eventually come.

http://www.lollipop.sg/newsroom/song-hye-kyo-gets-personal-fans-career-and-marriage-im-old-enough-get-married-i-see-myself#&gid=1&pid=3

1323250_1.jpg

1323256_1.jpg

Spoiler

laneige.jpg

Spoiler

laneige4.jpg

Spoiler

laneige5.jpg

Spoiler

laneige3.jpg

Spoiler

1323254_1.jpg

Spoiler

1323258_1.jpg

Spoiler

1323262_1.jpg

Spoiler

1323264_1.jpg1323266_1.jpg

1323268_1.jpg

1323270_1.jpg

1323272_1.jpg

1323274_1.jpg

1323276_1.jpg

1323278_1.jpg

1323280_1.jpg

• Like 22

18 hours ago, mulder9999 said:

Great clip, hope someone can do an English sub.

thanks

ur welcome!

i think kbsworld will subbed it :)

btw,here's the full ver about her history from entertainment weekly,covering all her previous works from 1996 till now, EW also mentioned sjk n shk similarity being the past MC on music bank n their skating skills 

• Like 18

The Barbie of Korea So Beautiful!                                                                                                                                                                                                                     13087330_1777336615833876_24494114582774

• Like 12

56 minutes ago, icwinner said:

ur welcome!

btw,here's the full ver about her history from entertainment weekly,covering all her previous works from 1996 till now, EW also mentioned sjk n shk similarity being the past MC on music bank n their skating skills 

Great clip... Hope it gets subbed..is KBS shipping as well....   :)

they comparing SJK and SHK mc and skating skills. :)

SHK is looking so gorgeous now, in her early years you can see her baby fat...but she has matured now and is glowing and radiant.

• Like 12

Finally I was able to catch-up after 3 hours of reading this thread :sweatingbullets: 

Love you all Kyonatics, thank you very much for all the updates, totally admire all the outpouring support and dedication to share news of our dearest Song Hye Kyo-ssi.

Thank you smiletall for sharing your talent and time for the translations.  I love reading all the write-up interviews, I can see that SHK was confident to answer and address all the questions from numerous reporters. Is there a video?

While reading SHK responses to some of the questions, I keep thinking women empowerment and some her statements clearly emphasized that she's putting her feet on the ground.  I love the fact that above all, the friendship she gain is the best reward she is treasuring. 

I'm happy SHK struggles and pressures are lifted with DOTS fame nowadays.  I'm somehow felt that SHK name was at stake with DOTS turnaround and I'm glad it turn out much better than expected.  

About the BTS, wow the chemistry is not only on camera but off camera as well and the Director, why do feel he seems to have a crush to SHK?  

To SHK-ssi looking forwarding to your next project, as always we will wait patiently for your return.

• Like 15

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 8:52 AM, Amethyst said:

I love reading all the write-up interviews, I can see that SHK was confident to answer and address all the questions from numerous reporters. Is there a video?

hi amethyst! me too loves the way SHKs Q & A interview the  media but so far I haven't seen any video of it only still photos  and we can just read their published  articles about it but its fine coz we got more info about  her.

12965747_491445694377409_1373334337_n.jp

more of SHK photos during the DoTs BTS/NG special  , so love the portion where she was introduce "Descendants of the Sun  Just like the title, her presence itself was as bright as the sun SONG HYE KYO

006qM9jfjw1f38m7ejaqwj30hs0hsq56.jpg

credit:owner of photo

64255654gw1f36ikb305vj20ku0bjwg3.jpg

64255654gw1f36ika6lkcj20ku0bkwfu.jpg

Spoiler

64255654gw1f36ikcymitj20ku0bh3zx.jpg

Spoiler

64255654gw1f36ik9djvuj20ku0bmgn4.jpg

so far no news yet of her upcoming projects and it seems she is taking a well deserved vacation  coz there are comments like "welcome to Thailand" on her latest IG photo update  , ninja mode again no one captured her leaving Korea and arriving in Thailand

• Like 21

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 3:47 AM, icwinner said:

thanks icwinner for sharing this video , I guess we'll just wait for next week when kbsworld release this episode with English subtitle they air it usually a week after. yes its SHKs career history , its nice that her showbiz story was given spotlight by KBS EW to think this year its her 20th anniversary in k entertainment world . here is some screen shot from that video , so looking forward for the version with English subtitle soon!

d397bfa9gw1f386c9rmv3j20hs0k07ha.jpg

d397bfa9gw1f386czdv51j20hs0k0gxt.jpg

her top 4 top rating blockbuster k dramas

d397bfa9gw1f386csnar1j21120kux6p.jpg

credit: weibo

SHKs fashion style in the latter episode of DoTs

Spoiler

a632e87cgw1f32dlq07qlj20hsepc1ky.jpg

credit:owner of photo/weibo

• Like 15

Thank you so much for everyone to keep this thread active :)

@ewff sorry for my late and something from my learning. (may not be 100% accurate)

There is the Korean(Hangul) Romanization Table. Her name can be spelled in either way: Song Hye Kyo or Song Hye Gyo. As for the person's name, how to spell the name out solely depends on the person's preference, more to say, you don't even have to strictly follow the standard table. I think she prefers to use "Song Hye Kyo" guessing from her autograph and her homepage:   http://www.songhyekyo.co.kr/

Regarding "- (hyphenation)" I think it is more for convenient purpose. Korean names usually consist of 3 letters; 1 for surname and 2 for given name, but for people who are not familiar with this, it's hard to know which is which. One part stand alone would be their surname and another part combined with "-" would be their given name. The usage of this depends on the news outlets maybe based on their standards, policy or something. 

The meaning of her name... I don't know for sure. Once, she wrote her name in Chinese character as in the following pic: 宋慧敎(教). [As you may know, her name is 宋慧乔 in China, 宋慧喬 in Taiwan. I've heard a story before that there were some kinds of misunderstands or confusions about her name when introducing her there for the first time but I'm not sure about this, either. Maybe someone here knows well.] 

Her given name "慧敎" as a whole gives me some senses of nobleness and faith. [慧=wisdom, enlightenment,  敎=teachings, doctrine] Hopefully Chinese experts here can give you some more details and better understandings. I think this name is quite unique one in SK and really describe what kind of person she is. "Names and natures do often agree."

One interesting saying? cliche? I sometimes see on SNS postings in Korean is like;

"What is your religion?" ---  "I believe Song Hye Kyo" or "My religion is Hye Kyo."

as in 송혜교 is the letter when they express various kinds of religions in Korean such as 기독=Christianity, 불=Buddhism, etc. So people are referring as 송혜교 is a kind of religions :lol:

Hope it helps!

1d2548c1f76950e619a63b84f3251773.jpg

• Like 23

looking forward for the 52nd baeksang arts awards nominees , most likely they will announce it within this week , last year it was april 26 that the nominees are out , there's really a big chance that DoTs will rule all the television drama nominees and I have high hopes that SHK is one for the Daesang award not only in the Best Actress category.  about the best drama 2015-2016 poll its quite alarming to see that DoTs % is slipping down from 60 and now to 49 so please guys continue to cast your vote for this awesome drama , they said there's no limit in clicking the vote button. the poll for best drama, is it the only basis for the winner or just part it plus the jurors vote???? how about for other categories like daesang, actor , etc .. is there also a poll for this ?????? not quite familiar with how baeksang chooses their nominees and winners as I know they have their own set of jurors to select the nominees and winners. it would nice to see SHK attending this event walking the red carpet by next month usually they have it on last week of May!

6afb0f0cgw1f391pp036bg20dw06enpd.gif

6afb0f0cgw1f391pkzasbg207g04vhdt.gif6afb0f0cgw1f391pmboeqg207g04vnpd.gif

12965869_1707570806177651_1533727091_n.j

credit;owner of photo/weibo

00600Eukgw1f38zlxyi9uj31kw1kwe81.jpg

• Like 16

Just to let everyone know that the poll isn't the real poll, it's a popularity poll being marketed by some companies to see which are the most popular dramas of the past year. We all realised too late since we saw the DOTS DC Gall post, everyone presumed it was authentic.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, IrisFM said:

** Please help vote for DOTS! Voting is unlimited and will end on 1 May 24:00 (KST) **

Vote DOTS for "BEST DRAMA 2015-2016" in 52th Baeksang Arts Awards"

Link to cast your vote ->  http://isplus.joins.com/100sang/event/100sang_poll_event.html

Cg21OC4UYAEsmzY.jpg

Some pretty pics of HyeKyo via dc

viewimage.php?id=3eb2de21edcb3dad77b0&no

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

HOW MANY TIMES CAN ONE VOTE? IS THERE A LIMIT? Thanks.

• Like 2

An online survey company disclosed that around 15,000 people participated in their "trustworthy" actors and actresses survey that was held from April 15 to April 19.  The results showed:

Most "trustworthy" actress:

1. Kim Hye Soo - 2,972 votes

2. Gong Hyo Jin - 2,316 votes

3. Song Hye Kyo, Jun Ji Hyun, Ha Ji Won and Hwang Jung Eum follow behind on the list.

Most "trustworthy" actor:

1. Hwang Jung Min - 3,600 votes

2. Ha Jung Woo - 2,256 votes

3. Song Kang Ho

4. Park Shin Yang

I'm very happy for Kyo even though she wasn't number one on the list.  All the actors and actresses on this list are very well-respected stars in South Korea :)

Source:  http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=311&aid=0000600763

6afb0f0cgw1f391pe3zhrj20m80cimz8.jpg

• Like 22

Skimmed the HB article linked by @nataliakay in the shipper thread  http://www.imagazinekorea.com/daily/dailyView.asp?no=6496

Not sure if I missed previous postings of this article in this thread.. but some thoughts... 

In one of the mentions of SHK, SJK states that typically there are actors who "take" (basically thinks only about themselves) and actors who "give" (thinks about their counterparts). And that even though SHK had told him in the beginning that SJK "gives" a lot, per his usual personality, SJK said he felt like he actually had received a lot more in return.

I thought this was a very good point. Because I don't think it's just a coincidence that a lot of her male costars do receive so much attention and boost in popularity after working with her in dramas. Granted, they do usually have star power in their own right. But there are just some actors that just help their costar shine that much brighter, and SHK is a particularly good example. How or why, I'm not exactly sure. But it was particularly strong in DOTS.  At least in DOTS, I think it was just how she used her eyes and looked at YSJ as KMY. Her eye expressions were so spot on in this drama. It was like she was making up for the difficulty she probably had in TWTB because she was supposed to be blind, if that makes sense. Can you imagine if she and JIS had been able to make direct eye contact in some of the scenes from TWTB?? OMG. I think it would have been even more intense... especially near the end in the cabin scene when they just go at each other and she reveals she knows everything to him. O.O Especially since JIS is known for his super intense stares.. lol.

And I'm also always really impressed when I see noticeable growth and improvement in actors. And with SHK, not only do I note both when she does a new drama, but I also can sense a strong effort to really understand her character. 

Oh! I also did watch the BTS episode of DOTS and laughed when Kim Min Seok said that he thought she was a Tsundure type. I know she acted offended but I thought it was kind of an appropriate description haha. Especially when she basically had jokingly warned him a few seconds before to "do well" .. basically telling him he better say nice things or else... hahaha. Considering he's still newbie actor, he must have been super intimidated by SHK and her seniority. And SHK often gives off a very cool and chic vibe in public appearances so it's understandable. But she is the type to really care for those close to her, and you can tell just how much she came to enjoy and appreciate her costars, which is probably why people who work with her tend to really praise her. When she said in her PC interviews that the thing she really gained from DOTS was "people", I thought it was very telling. More than fame and improved public recognition, she was most appreciative of her colleagues and the opportunity to act more.  So respectable and humble. 

• Like 22