Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Upcoming Drama 2024:Show Business/Special Appearance Drama 2025: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

I really love Song Hye Kyo's character in Descendants of the Sun--she is real--funny, smart, skilled, socially conscious.  Her acting is sublime as well.  She is definitely the lead here.  SJK is cool and manly, but his character is a bit one dimensional.  He is either joking around or playing tough...nothing more.  As most Korean dramas, the male leads will garner most attention of the social media and in media general.  Korean soaps are watched by the ladies period. Think Jo In Sung who got most of the attention, or all the men of Boys Over Flower.  Song Hye Kyo's beauty also shines here.  SJK is cute and boyish.  Sometimes, he looks too boyish for our mature, stylish queen.  Someone like Won Bin, Gong Yoo or even So Ji Sub would have made the drama even better in my opinion.  They are more of her equal. 

I think this drama will help our queen get better scripts for future projects--romantic comedy, action. She is arguably the most famous Korean actress in Asia today. And I really like that she is mysterious and doesn't play the media game. She ignores the critics and doesn't pay attention to the social media.  Thank god.  Social media can be vicious--remember Chae Jin Sil?  Also remember the stupid rumor of Jo In Sung rejecting her advances? Stupid! Who would reject our queen?  Dumb! 

• Like 12

Guest RoseS

@oaklove, absolutely agree with you, SHK could be in drama w/other partner=more mature but Song Jong Ki has something that other actor not having from acting, cute acting in cute sences.

With me, of course SHK's still stay for her career, actress(she's #1 actress keeping me watch Korean drama). Then we having a 'punch' of actors we like, be her costars in future.

But..but, she's 34 now, get marry...get marry first, Song Hye Kyo!:w00t::D:wub:

Guest RoseS

Oh, my God! More and more.....DOTS's cast, KJW become 'a-n-n-o-y-i-n-g girl'=making more attentions from viewers and medias but that's good for her!;) 

Guest RoseS
14 hours ago, kathhye said:

It was a surprise for me when i read that i a lot of knets say a lot of bad things about kyo.. I really dont understand..has it something to do with korean mentality, attitude, culture, etc?  Is it coz shes too beautiful? Too bad i dont understand the language and the people. Hope she receives more love.. For me her character is the best in dots and she portrayed it really well... I cried when she cries and laughed whenever she makes all those funny antics..  Its tailor made for her and im so glad she accepted this project and i hope she will have more success to come. I only watch korean drama when shes the star.. Thats how she left a mark on me since aimh.. She may be less popular in korea but im sure she have lots of fAns from around the world who have been captivated by her beauty charm and acting. Fighting kyo!! 

As for endorsements and mag covers, im sure it will come. I understand the fascination to sjk and its all because of the fangirls out there (this part i know how koreans are..:) ) 

Yes, SHK has fans around the world but her fans, most..most=silence or well educated=respecful viewers. Seeming the celebrities need , WHAT? The drum to cheer:w00t: Just laugh by myself, it's so funny:D:D:D What am doing in here? Laughing again......:D:D:D

First happy for Song Hye Kyo's still in good health. But her photo at HK(Art Museum&Airport)...skinny, rest more!

Second, She and her costar(Song Joong Ki) has same personality, sharing together happy or sad(like other partner Kang Dong Won, Jo In Sung...). 

Third, Song Hye Kyo was popularity actress, her name has been mention...... DO NOT NEED anymore? But in Entertainment, if not 'forward' then 'backward' =better retire and enjoy own life:D

Last, very happy seeing full..full chemistry between Dr Kang and handsome/charming/cute Captain Yoo:phew:

Sorry, lack English but having 'long talk'!

Guest RoseS

March 14, 2016

http://hk.apple.nextmedia.com/enews/realtime/20160314/54864240Google trans.

According to the "Apple" reporter understanding, ViuTV provincial Liang signs, have been implemented with the press with finger Song Hye Kyo, Song Zhongji two protagonists Hong Kong campaign trail. Attendance this time ViuTV threw millions of dollars drainage Die please come out and walk in Hong Kong, including first-class airplane ride with six-star hotel stay and so on. PM Viu TV brought the words, "Song double" next month to Hong Kong on April 4, 5 on the open mind trick on the "sun" a group of fans come out and walk in Hong Kong say that the Department of stems friends the good news.(Google trans).

http://www.soompi.com/2016/03/26/descendants-of-the-sun-internet-broadcast-rights-spike-to-incredible-sum/

Descendants of the Sun” Internet Broadcast Rights Spike to Incredible Sum

notclaira March 26, 2016

“Descendants of the Sun” Internet Broadcast Rights Spike to Incredible Sum

The March 26, episode of KBS 2TV’s “Entertainment Weekly” examined the “Descendants of the Sun” syndrome that’s sweeping the nation – and abroad.

“Descendants of the Sun” started broadcasting on February 24 with a viewership rating of 14 percent. That rating has now soared to as high as 31.6% with the latest release of Episode 10. The OSTs for the drama are also sweeping the music charts.

The fever is just as high in China, where the cost of Internet broadcasting rights have risen to as much as 260 million won (approximately $222,000). As of Episode 8, the Chinese video platform iQiyi has recorded an average of 1.1 billion views.

The Internet broadcasting rights have also been sold to Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Thailand, and Australia, while the filming locations are becoming tourist attractions due to their appearance in the drama.[more countries now]

Source (1

China Focus: Popular Korean TV series draws online paying users

Source: Xinhua   2016-03-26 11:49:33  

BEIJING, March 26 (Xinhua) -- Chinese audiences accustomed to watching free or even pirated TV shows on their phones and tablets are now paying for VIP packages to watch a popular Korean drama online.

The provider of the online stream is offering VIP members priority viewing of the latest episodes.

"Descendants of the Sun" is a record-breaking 16-episode rom-com broadcast on Korean channel KBS2. It dominates the Wednesday-Thursday evening slot and was watched by a staggering 31.6 percent of the Korean audience on Thursday.

Exclusive rights to stream the show in China are owned by iQiyi. In December of last year, iQiyi had 10 million paying users. Zhang Yuxin, an intellectual property rights (IPR) manager at the provider, claims more than 1.2 billion views on the series since it premiered on Feb 24. The company's VIP package is ad-free and broadcast at the same time as the TV version in Korea, two episodes ahead of free users.

The exact increase in subscriptions is not yet available and the drama will not conclude until the middle of April, but iQiyi estimates that at least 3 million new VIP users have signed up to watch. With annual membership priced at 198 yuan (30 U.S. dollars), this could represent as much as more than half a billion yuan in revenue.

Set in the fictional war-torn Republic of Uruk, Song Joong-ki plays a dashing captain in the army alongside Song Hye-kyo, a beautiful volunteer doctor. Their love grows week by week as they battle earthquakes and epidemics, massacres and mayhem together.

Zhang Xinyi, 21, a student at Wuhan University is a big fan. What appeals to her most about the series is that in traditional TV dramas, the heroine is almost invariably subservient to the leading male character, but "Descendants of the Sun" steps away from such stereotypes and depicts a relationship of equals. Both main characters are excellent in their field; both have strong, independent minds; and both are highly regarded by their peers.

Zhang paid 19.8 yuan for a one-month membership just to watch the series and has joined the swelling ranks of Song Joong-ki's Chinese followers. "I have heard he may come to Wuhan. If he does, I will try to see him at the airport or at his hotel," she said.

"Descendants of the Sun" is not the first drama to bring a sharp rise in paying viewers. Last July, the Chinese series "Grave Robbers' Chronicles," based on a best-selling series of young-adult novels, attracted 1 million new VIP members to iQiyi. In that case, VIPs were allowed immediate access to all episodes, rather than the regular updates provided to free users.

Other online players, such as LeTV and Youku, have begun to offer a range VIP memberships alongside their free services. At Youku, for example, free users can watch the first two episodes of "Yong Pal," another popular Korean TV series, but only VIP users can watch the remaining 16. LeTV allowed free users to watch the whole of its latest cliffhanger drama, except the final installment, which was only available to those prepared to pay.

According to last year's white paper on individual paying members of online streams in China by consulting firm iResearch, the China Internet Network Information Center and iQiyi, the number of people prepared to pay up front for what they watch is rising steeply, described in the paper as "the beginning of a new era" in China's viewing habits. The amount paid for such services has jumped from 210 million yuan in 2014 to 590 million in 2015.

"We took four years to find the first 5 million VIP users, but only five and half months to see another 5 million," said Zhang.

Yin Hong, director of the center for film and television at Tsinghua University, said the changes to the membership market reflected a greater emphasis in China on protection of intellectual property rights.

"Paying to view adds value to the value of the intellectual property and the member gets higher quality video sources, It really is a win-win situation," he said. Online stream providers are now competing fiercely for exclusive rights to mainstream TV drama.

While some drama-addicts are happy to pay for their high quality fix, many are looking for loopholes. In some cases, multiple users may share one common VIP account and so selling ID codes and passwords online has become widespread. These kind of transactions are currently a gray legislative area. If the win-win expansion of TV is to continue, Yin believes the government must act to better protect the interests of IPR holders

Editor: chenwen

http://www.soompi.com/2016/03/26/jin-goo-answers-if-he-ever-feels-competitive-against-the-song-song-couple/

happy watching necie2008! btw have you notice that the English subtitle for KBSWorld at times differs from other drama websites, though the thought is somehow the same but the choice of word differs , anyways once the original DVD is out I guess we will have a more accurate English sub of DoTs!

just love the side profile of SHK, in any angle she still looks gorgeous!

a73d089cjw1f26he17qamj21hc0u0gs6.jpg

funny scene in episode 9 , SHKs adorable charm , Dr KMY cant take her eyes off with those hot guys but upon hearing the  of Capt YSJ she ran off , the cute nurse fooled her poor KMY must be tired of running away!

6afb0f0cjw1f280me3xj2g20a006okjo.gif

6afb0f0cjw1f280ljy0izg20a006oqv8.gif

btw there's this post from weibo and it talks about SHKs beauty/charm and acting but unfortunately its in Chinese and Korean hope someone can translate even just some highlights

Spoiler

6afb0f0cjw1f2b6g5cb94j21401gskjl.jpg

Spoiler

6afb0f0cjw1f2b6gbi2p7j21401nckjl.jpg

Spoiler

6afb0f0cjw1f2b6ghjds8j21401gokjl.jpg

Spoiler

6afb0f0cjw1f2b6gn99haj21401bge81.jpg

Spoiler

6afb0f0cjw1f2b6fztvslj21401717qw.jpg

Spoiler

6afb0f0cjw1f2b6gr00ftj21401ake67.jpg

Spoiler

6afb0f0cjw1f2b6guk01dj21401d7e56.jpg

Spoiler

6afb0f0cjw1f2b6gyey4xj21401beb0a.jpg

Spoiler

6afb0f0cjw1f2b6h26duyj21401dq1iq.jpg

• Like 10

I was watching Jingoo's interview for KBS Guerrilla Date and there is this bit where Kyo talks about him, but the strange thing is from the look of it Kyo's part was shot on the day of the first press conference. However this part was never shown on entertainment weekly, has anyone seen this bit? Or is there a longer interview from KBS that I've not seen yet.

Can someone translate what Kyo said, I only understood tsundere style..

• Like 3

the most beautiful woman in the Universe!                                                                                                                                                                                                        12439167_1705724773025120_45244647764821

• Like 7

after the still photo of DoTs , SHK just updated her IG with this song from Marvin Gaye "I Want You" , oh my to whom is she dedicating this song to????????? or this might be a song for her then she came to like it too??????  happy if she is in love and just hope the one she loves , will love her more !

12599501_1059942234066277_1337909493_n.j

I want u

lyrics of the song

I want you, the right way
I want you
But I want you to want me, too
Want you to want me baby
Just like I want you

Oh, I'll give you all the love
I want in return, sweet darling
But half the love is all I feel
Ooh, it's too bad it's just too sad
You don't want me now
But I'm gonna change your mind
Someway, somehow, aw baby

I want you
But I want you to want me, too
Want you to want me baby
Just like I want you

One way love is just a fantasy
To share is precious, pure and fair
Don't play with somethin'
You should cherish for life, oh baby
Don't you want to care
Ain't it lonely out there

I want you
But I want you to want me too
Want you to want me baby
When I get down with you, get down baby
Listen precious, I want you

I want you, the right way, baby
I want you, baby
But I want you to want me too
Want you to want me baby
The way I love you

oh my oh my is this song applies to this photo?????? whaaaaaaaa

Spoiler

ed97c81bjw1f29x1rxb26j20mn0fh43p.jpg

joke only ! its for Big Boss from Beauty

I guess ill just better watch DoTs episode 1 to 10 over and over again while waiting for episode 11

005FPnZZjw1f2bfr7dxtqj30qo0qojv9.jpg

• Like 12

Hi girls.. Yessss i agree with you all.. But if i'm not mistaken she's always like this..n as long as i remember from aimh till now always the supporting  cast that initially becoming at around medias doing that n this ..seems want to catch the momment n dun want to miss the ace momment... Even when aimh when shg name is also a new for famous n halyu.. She's almost also like now.. Cool.. N her cf usually exclusive n picky not all she's take.. For now maybe because of her "exclusive" contract that make her be more careful to take it n hear that her contract value is justtt a wooowwww... Not many brand can sign her .. That' s why she's livin large now.. 

For the time now for my opinion she's only being herself but with more open in insta that understandable.. Is a blessing one.. With dots..she's gaining love again is more important.. If you know how bad the issue had hit her.. So is understandable she's like this.. She's being more careful not to much overjoying..  I mean in sk n for international fans it's not really matter coz that issue also hit numerous star like messi,neymar,politicians.. You name it .. N For examp yesterday when gma state that the buy dots.. Suprisingly the trending is on dots n hye kyo.. For me i really not suprise coz i know what percentage net haters compare to reallife one.. So it's a proof that we're more understandable.. People now adays see to that kind of issue haters state  likee Dating handsome co.. As a normal things.. Most of netter said that a life goal.. You name it when you look for gigi hadid, taylor swift the fans comment also like that in my country also like that.. As long you're not a married one.. But you know haters always be like that if you read they come with so many way..  Just shake it off ..

Therefor i kinda understand that's she's not seem to overjoy coz she's being careful for what it had gain now n in time she'll will be active ... I rely on laneige n esprit for this hahahaha.. I think she's aiming for overseas project n have a rest before is being hectic again ..

One had been brought this issue to her or her agencies... N i remember she's or her agency said she's up to something wether is movie,drama or modelling.. So i believe too that this time she's also doing that screening secretly :blush:

HONESTLY...  At first but also sometime now adays i still think how unlucky she is n so on .. spec when fh.. Bi really had i mean really really had score big time then n till now... Btw yes kth is his gf .. But looking the trend of her "cool" style n then her cotinuing fame from aimh till now then i understand that's she's got 'it' too.. Maybe slow but for me it more stabilized then others if you make comparison only lbh n bi that really up front her with their hollywood big projevt n wellknown there, spec lbh with his oscar momment..  but hope she'll catch up.. Sure of it.. Still i hope she's change .. But the tax issue make her not freely either .. Maybe for overseas interest it can be excepting..  i hope she will do that overjoy kinda things... But with her active insta is an ok for me now.. Is really an improve n good change from her... Thank god for dots.. "TheactofGod":dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 5

I read all your comments. I am perfectly fine with other casts getting media attentions. My concern is lack of  her news and opportunities which I hope they will come later like you guys mentioned. 

Reading the lyrics of I Want You, something worries me.  What if it is one-sided love?!! I mean, personally or most of us post sth on SNS related to our own feelings. She has been praising SJK in terms of personality and look whereas SJK seems distant and avoid mentioning her in his press conference q&a. And in Korea no one call their love interest as noona. Of course you can always argue that they are in public eyes. 

Tbh I dun ship Kyo with SJK although I adore YSJ and KMY. One reason is he is younger than her and at the peak of his career. Whereas Kyo is at the age of marriage and I am afraid the relationship may not work out. As she mentioned, there is no time to waste. 

Sorry if this post bothers you. Recently I am obsessed with Dots and Kyo. I want her to be happy and successful just like she is my own kin. 

• Like 7

Oooooo.. @sunflower91_

Your latest post just make my day... Thank youuuuuu n hoping she's in love but keep their love in secret n doing lovey dovey things with media n fans hahahaha.. May her lovelife be bless n a happily prosperous ever after with so many beautiful kidos hahaha.. Hope she's really keep on secret till the day of their marriage.. :wub:

N same as you i hope her love will love her even more.. Hopefully she's find the one that match her overall feelings n appearance n future too

I really wish .. That song is from someone .. dedicated to her.. Some confession of loving her.. Aaammmennn for this.. Since i witnes some lovely but kinda cute confession this days so this one is coming to mine.. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, xukii said:

Reading the lyrics of I Want You, something worries me.  What if it is one-sided love?!! I mean, personally or most of us post sth on SNS related to our own feelings. She has been praising SJK in terms of personality and look whereas SJK seems distant and avoid mentioning her in his press conference q&a. And in Korea no one call their love interest as noona. Of course you can always argue that they are in public eyes. 

Tbh I dun ship Kyo with SJK although I adore YSJ and KMY. One reason is he is younger than her and at the peak of his career. Whereas Kyo is at the age of marriage and I am afraid the relationship may not work out. As she mentioned, there is no time to waste. 

Sorry if this post bothers you. Recently I am obsessed with Dots and Kyo. I want her to be happy and successful just like she is my own kin. 

So you actually think that a woman who is considered a Goddess in Asia would post a song about her feelings being rejected, on a social media site where she has 935,000 followers. So that everyone can know that?. I'm not a Goddess of Asia, but even I wouldn't post such a thing. Please, I'm sure she would have more self respect and pride than that. 

Just take it at face value, it's a romantic song that she likes (maybe she's feeling romantic) and it's a Sunday and she shares the song with her fans. I don't think SHK is so crazy that she would share a song on her public instagram about a man not liking her back, what could she possibly gain by doing that.

We don't know who likes whom more. (well, actually I do....he does...keke)

I was listening to "Pumped up kicks" right now and you can be sure that I don't have any plan to go around mass-shooting people. It's a song that I like.

• Like 10

Just now, utkim said:

I thot Kyo only want to share a song she likes to her fans, nothing more and nothing less. I think we tend to over analyze the song too much ?? i thot it was a sincere sharing from her to fans. As long as she shares something on her IG, i'm happy. At least i know she is alright and doing fine :D

I'm not shipping kyo with anyone although i ship SJ-MY hard, it happens to be my to all time fav pairing and drama, i must say. My heart had been burned once before and i don't have the heart to see once more. I only hope that if she dates someone which i truly hope she is...she deserves the love like anyone else, but i hope it happens under wrap, only tell us when she is ready for marriage. That will be the best news ever for me. 

For now i only enjoy her MY in Dots :D

Have a nice weekend chingus.

giphy.gif

• Like 6

Guess my imagination goes wild :P I should stop visiting those forums and reading comments. 

YSJ and KMY is my 2nd favorite pair after HB and SHK. Like everyone else here I also hope that she meets the perfect match and happily married.

Seriously I dunno know what to follow after Dots ends T_T 

• Like 7