Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Upcoming Drama 2024:Show Business/Special Appearance Drama 2025: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

Guest kyung-jin

Song Hye Kyo And Song Joong Ki Team Up For An Intense Love Story

BY Julie Jones | Apr 02, 2015 10:05 AM EDT 

Song Hye Kyo and Song Joong Ki

Song Joong Ki has chosen his comeback drama. For his first role after completing his two-year mandatory military service, he will play the leader of a peacekeeping unit in an area endangered by military conflict. He has taken the role of Yoo Si Jin in the upcoming drama "Descendants of the Sun."

His co-star in that drama will be film and drama actress Song Hye Kyo. Song Hye Kyo will play Kang Mo Yeon, a doctor who works with the international charity organization Doctors Without Borders. The two characters will not hit it off from the start but working together in dangerous situations helps to bring them closer and eventually leads them to fall in love.

Falling in love is an experience that is often all the more intense when it happens in a hostile environment.

Song Joong Ki's military duties end on May 26.  And due to his pre-enlistment success the 29-year-old actor received many offers while still serving his military duty. His last drama role, before heading to the army in August 2013, was playing Kang Maru in "Nice Guy," also known as "The Innocent Man." He was praised for his work in the film "A Werewolf Boy."

"Descendants of the Sun " will also be a drama comeback for Song Hye Kyo. Her last small screen appearance was playing Oh Young, a blind heiress conned by Jo In Sung in the 2013 melodrama "That Winter The Wind Blows." She has appeared in several films since then. The 33-year-old actress had roles in the 2013 film "The Grandmaster" and the 2014 films "My Brilliant Life" and "The Crossing: Part 1." In 2015 she can be seen in "The Crossing: Part 2" and "The Queens."

Also cast in the drama are actor Jin Goo and actress Kim Ji Won. Jin Goo, who appeared in the film "The Battle for Yeonpyeong" and the drama "Ad Genius Lee Tae Baek" will play Officer Seo Dae Yeong.Kim Ji Won, who appeared in the dramas "The Heirs" and "Gap Dong," will play a surgeon.

Most of "Descendants of the Sun" will be filmed in foreign locations and the drama will be mostly produced before it begins airing in the latter half of 2015.

Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo were probably attracted to the drama because of its successful head writer. Kim Eun Sook, who wrote the screenplays for "The Heirs," "A Gentleman's Dignity" and "Secret Garden," is writing the screenplay for "Descendants of the Sun." She will work on the screenplay with Kim Son Suk, who worked on "The Queen's Classroom."

The drama will be produced by Baruson Entertainment, which produced the films "The Good, The Bad and The Weird," "Mother" and "The Servant."

Source: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/80300/20150402/song-hye-kyo-and-song-joong-ki-team-up-for-an-intense-love-story.htm

Guest kyung-jin

12 Throwback photos of Korean celebrities in their school uniforms

by whatadrama on Thu, Apr 02, 2015

Don't you wish you went to school in Korea just so you could wear adorable school uniforms? We do. We vicariously live that dream watching actors in school uniforms in dramas. (See full list of those dramas) This time, we wanted to show you how our favorite celebrities looked in their school years and tell you a little bit about their old days. Take a look!

9. Song Hye Gyo

art_1297829293_TnU6lXv.jpg

High school student Song Hye Gyo received a grand award in the 1996 smart school uniform model competition, and soon after debuted in the 1998 Soonpoong Clinic, the godfather of Korean sitcoms. In her Soonpoong Clinic days, she was known as a cute, clumsy girl. She thwarted that personality with the 2000 melodrama Autumn In My Heart. Since then the Drama Queen has filmed All InHotelier, and Full House. She became drama scriptwriter No Hee Kyung's characters through The World That They Live In and That Winter, the Wind Blows. As of now her current public opinion is pretty negative with last year's tax evasion scandal.

She just confirmed a new drama, Descendants of the Sun, with actor Song Jong Ki.

Source: http://www.dramafever.com/news/12-korean-celebrities-in-high-school-uniforms-pictures/

^ oh well dear, haters will always be haters :P

Segafanlady, i assume you you are in Seoul right? hope you have a wonderful time for this beautiful cherry blossom season :x6vS7Qy.jpgtMZtxa.jpg

QDrKSl.jpg

dc

Have a nice weekend ahead chingus :D

@sunflower91 i used google tool :) @kyobowl: it mean is second male and female will love each other, but they broke up. about lead male and female, initially they hate each other, but then love each other :)

for weibo, Dots is expected to have 16 episodes and the amount of investment is 15 billion won $-)  

Hi everyone!So excited about the drama!
Regarding the chart above, she will have had a crush on her colleague, Daniel, with whom she works at Ecco Hospital Kang Moyoung also has a hostile relationship with Yoon Myung Ju, who happens to be a captain doctor in the army

and I can see that Song Joongki's character, a captain, has a different name than it was reported in the news previously 

@"Ngoc Chieu Nguyen" thanks for your analysis:)) I read that sjk's initial character was also a DR but writer changed the storyline so he ended up being a Captain.If the above list of cast remains unchanged then means kyo will have a crush on a DR but fall in love to Captain Yoo in the end. So I'm very curious who is going to play as her crush in DOTS^^ Hopefully more characters will be revealed soon:))) @Sikoku Yes, her crush is Daniel that's why I'm hoping for Daniel Henney to play the role^^

Guest RoseS

Jointing with DESCENDANT OF THE SUN's Song Joong Ki's fans..........
http://www.chuutalk.com/fandom/flist/S1408292703

TO. SONG JOONGKICFP1427960317_1504021604370.jpg[NEWS] Song Joong Ki, Song Hye Kyo, Jin Goo and Kim Ji Won Confirm for ′Descend...

Guest RoseS

--@Ngoc Chieu N, The Descendand of the Sun, having 16 or 20 episodes? Your post=16[wishing 20]. And on air at same time(pre-production), Korean and China, October, 2015? Waiting for it!
-THE DESCENDANT OF THE SUN, not filming yet but DramaFever, large website's entertainment....'ready' for .........http://www.dramafever.com/drama/4627/Descendants_of_the_Sun/#/reviews
*****interesting website,-http://www.mydramalist.com/10904-descendant-of-the-sun

Daniel Henney!!! Whoa! That's one hot dude! Excited to see him join the cast of DoTS! Welcome! Is he really in the cast?Or is this just a post April fool's fooling-around-with-your-mind kind of kind of joke!:DKidding aside, so glad that SHK is on the move again for tv drama! Can't wait!\:D/

Its doesn't matter who will play hye kyo first interest, because I know, he must be great figure, since he make hye kyo fall for him... hm... this drama make me breathless. the song combination is powerful enough to make me at this happy feeling everytime I read about DoTS. The second leads is my bias too... so sure I'm in.

Honestly... I'm so glad that Goddess Kyo finally decided to open her own instagram.. there are so many cute, funny, lovely and sweet side of her that some antifan choose to blind their eyes from.. but who cares with them though... Kyonatics.. Kyoers.... we are FABULOUS because we worship our Goddess..
;):D

It's been a while since I posted and lurked around here. I feel like I'm not a real fan. :(( been really busy lately with life but nonetheless this won't stop me from celebrating the latest news of my beloved Hye Kyo unnie! New Korean drama with Song Joongki no less! Huuul. Dae to the bak! I can't freaking believe this! Although I'm an SJK-Moon Chae Won shipper. I don't mind sailing SHK-SJK ship. But don't worry Kang Dong Won, you're always number one. :D

Guest RoseS

@ crixa, seems your mind's better than mine=clearly! Here's mine, shipper SHK-ALL co-stars[past+present+future]!Guaranty, drama THE DESCENDANT OF THE SUN will be HIT....the viewers not dareing....leaving their spots. =D> :) Our wish's come true, Korean drama \m/

HAPPY EASTER SUNDAY KYONATICS! !!! And can't wait already for the DOTS to start filming... 8-> 8-> Loving all the song-song pics...kyo unnie doesn't look like as her age.... :D Fighting kyo!!! Fighting Kyonatics! !! Fighting Dots!!!! Good morning everyone ~O)