Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Special Appearance Drama 2024: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

class="entry-title"[spot] Song Hye-kyo to Play a Realistic and Determined Mom in the Film ‘My Palpitating Life’ Posted by: suhihi00 , August 21, 2014

This post is also available in: Japanese, Korean

The press screening for the movie ‘My Palpitating Life’ was held at Wangshimni CGV in Seongdong District, Seoul. This movie tells a story of young parents who had children only when they were 17 years old and their son who is 17 years old but has a 80 year old body. Song Hye-kyo plays 33 year old strong mom ‘Choi Mi-ra’ who gave birth at age of 17.

Prior to the press screening, Song Hye-kyo spoke out regarding suspicion of tax evasion.

She said, “I thought I should explain about my mistake before the press screening starts. It happened because of my careless task handling. I should have done better as a public figure. I am very sorry about what happened.”

She appeared to be calm but to cower at the press conference, which was held right after the press screening.

Regarding her character, she said, “I had no problem playing ‘Mira’ because she and I had much in common in a sense that ‘Mi-ra’ is a very friendly mom. I also have a friendly mom in reality. Of course, I had the moment that I felt embarrassed in terms of acting as a mom.”

Song Hye-kyo also talked about Jo Sung-mok who appears as her son saying, “Sung-mok did very good job. He is a very mature actor. I am so proud of him.”

Kang Dong-won and Song Hye-kyo wear school uniform in this film. Regarding this fact, “I felt little awkward to wear school uniform. I felt embarrassed when I saw my wrinkles on my face when I smiled. I thought I should not wear it any more.”

Lastly, she said, “I hope many people enjoy this film and make good feedback on it.”
http://www.getitk.com/spot-song-hye-kyo-to-play-a-realistic-and-determined-mom-in-the-film-my-palpitating-life/?lang=en

--------------------------------------

EDIT: Related to SHK:
class="entry-title"[spot] Kang Dong-won to Play ‘Son Holic,’ Immature and Pure Father in the Film ‘My Palpitating Life’

Quote: Kang Dong-won and Song Hye-kyo wear school uniform in this film. Regarding this fact, he said, “I was not that embarrassed by wearing it. I thought it looked good on both me and Song Hye-kyo. But, I thought it might be the last time I wore school uniform. In fact, I was glad to wear it. (He laughed.)”

http://www.getitk.com/kang-dong-won-to-play-son-holic-immature-and-pure-father-in-the-film-my-palpitating-life/?lang=en

Insta pic

1530749_343634055791260_1399016969_n.jpg

Your pictures tells it all but amidst the hardship you are having right now, you bravely face those who mock you and for us who loves you, you've showed us how to persevere and that I give my respect to you even more. Amidst the storm you still stand up beautifully. Way to go Kyo! Fighting!

knowing she had part with her dad and face hardships with her Mom moving to Seoul and many other stuff, I'm sure, Hyekyo will come out even better and stronger with this situation 
just keep up fighting ! 
우리 완벽한 송배우, 힘내고 화이팅 하새요 ! GfrKYnA8rmY.jpg

The movie premiere day must have been the day making her the prettiest and happiest woman.But I can see sadness, tiredness and pressure on her eyes and through her action. She must be exhausted and scared and depressed behind her brave impression. This makes me more hurt. I really want to do sth to cheer her up, to make her know our existence and let her know we always support her no matter what.

Guys, CAN YOU PLEASE DO ME A FAVOR?? I know she doesnt use SNS but Mrs Park does. If i am not wrong, mrs Park use twitter? We can trend Sth to cheer her and make it on top so Mrs Park may know it and tell her our love and support for her, that we all understand and love her, she had a lot of fans, (not only in korea, china but also in Vietnam( me here), indonesia, bla bla ) who support and stand behind her.

That's all my wish. I dont have twitter account, and dont know how to use. So If you have, please help me.

Is it ok?

hye kyo ssi please don't cry, please...you're breaking my heart into pieces right now.... :(  :(( :(( my tears didn't stop from pouring down, really :((
i may say that this is the most saddest moment of mine here in soompi, coz usually i'm so excited to see & read what is my idol up to & often i really had a good laugh & enjoy being in here. But, this time i can't. I can't stand seeing our dear girl with so much pain, her blank face expression & her eyes where i can see so much sadness right now, it really breaks my heart :(( I want to hug our kyo so so tight right now & give my everlasting support & love.......

But on the other hand, i'm so much proud of how she handle this things, she stand straight & accept her mistake which shows how good person our beloved hye kyo is, how beautiful she is in & out & it also shows her clean soul....and like all of you kyonatics..it made me love her even even more.. and made this promise that i'll always be here cheering & supporting & loving our hye kyo unnie no matter what!
Stay strong, brave & gorgeous unnie...we kyonatics were always here for you!!!! Love you so muchhhh hye kyo unnie!!!

Guest Jhay Neh Vieh

Since my first time seeing shk in the drama autumn in my heart i always said how come this woman so beautiful even if shes crying???then when i saw her in full house i never thought she could been so bubbly and crazy??when the worlds within came i saw how natural she is to handle such uneasy situations and lastly in winter the wind blows i saw in her the strong and yet so fragile woman.

Seeing song hye kyo now makes me realize that how she affects my life..no other actress or celebrity for that matter like her gives a big impact on me..

Song hye kyo will always and forever be a dream to be a friend and my inspiration..

Im always be at your side no matter what happen...even if you dont know personally that someone like me exist..

Guest Maye May

Because of too much disappointment with her native land, I thought it might be well for her to just do projects and expend most of her time and life in China coz she's well respected and appreciated there. Thats the problem with them, they have too many actors/actresses that they neglect those who have pure talents and the pioneer of them being spotted in the map. My words maybe harsh, but the fact is, she deserves world class appreciation and respect and she cant get it from her motherland. Having Chinese market as the option to continue to mature and develop as an actress is the wisest decision. Afterall, that's the place where she gets most of the money she paid her taxes with. That money shouldnt go to a place and to the people who harbor way much insecurity and greed to crash a person's dignity. Im up to the extent that she could find someone (chinese-korean guy, somebody who knows korean that she can connect) in China whom she deserves to love and be loved without getting the irrational outcry from the public. I'm dying for her to end up with either HB or KDW but she'll just get hate from those poor lil dreamy girlings out there. SHK's personality is quite readable, since this happened, she would now distance herself, esp romantically from people whom she knows have an image that must be protected and although it might be unfair for her, she isnt the person who will jeopardize that image and would sacrifice that lil thing called love for that person's sake. Long story made short, my chances of seeing her with those two will be a needle in a haystack in the next half a decade. (my bulb lighted!! Chinese-Korean guy???----- MR. Chinese Trans!!!!!!!) why not???!!!

Dear SHK, please stay strong to endure all the hardships and come back to us soon.
"Wherever you go 
Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you 
Whatever it takes 
Or how my heart breaks
I will be right here waiting for you"

Thanks so much everyone for the updates and pics of the MPL conference.  Seeing the pics made me very emotional and I did tear up :(  But it also showed how strong our Kyo is.  All Kyo fans couldn't have been more proud of her!!!

I saw this post from bandstalker and I absolutely agree with what Agent P said.

class="entry-title"Portrait of a strong woman

Simple outfit, no jewelry/accessories, simple make-up (I’ve seen others who will appear with no make-up at all just to look kawawa [pitiful] in front of the camera), no dramatic pity parties. Although she does look shaken up – I mean, who wouldn’t? – she found no need to fish for sympathy with a show of tears. I haven’t seen any translation of her full statement, but the tidbits say that she said she is taking sole responsibility for her actions. I am just glad that she didn’t go full “I will reflect on my mistakes” mode because I really think that statement is pure BS, especially when the person is not guilty of anything. I admire her for standing up for herself by still fulfilling her obligations to promote her movie. Other celebrities would just hibernate and disappear, hoping that things will just go away by itself (although in some instances, it is better for them to hibernate rather than shoot their mouths off and make things worse). I also have to give props to the production company behind MPL for allowing Hye Kyo to use this activity to make a personal statement addressing the issues.

My only concern is that people will fault her for looking so beautiful despite her ordeal.  Oh well, haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate.

===

This is the part where I will rant at the sheer ignorance of netizens, both Koreans and non-Koreans alike.  I made the mistake of reading both SHK articles from Netizenbuzz, and the ignorance of nearly EVERYONE who commented there just blows my mind. Especially those who are like, “my taxes!!!” WTH, is SHK a government official who stole from your coffers? NO. In fact, she even PAID the under-declared amount + penalties. So YOU already got your so-called taxes. What the hell are you still demanding for?

Those who compared her with Kang Ho Dong, saying that at least Ho Dong was not charged with tax evasion: The fact of the matter is, KHD was not charged for tax evasion because his annual tax due is under 500 million won. But he did NOT pay his taxes at all. SHK’s taxes was just under-declared, as in she still paid a certain amount. When she got assessed, she paid her back taxes. Case closed.

Those who say that she should supervise her accountant: It is so easy to say this if you’re an employee whose income taxes were automatically deducted from your salary, so you don’t have to go through the motions of doing your own taxes every year. People like SHK are either (1) too busy to do their taxes; (2) do not know how to do their taxes; or (3) both. That is what accountants are for. Although there, indeed, are cases wherein the client specifically instructs their accountants to do everything to lower their taxes, and there are legal ways to do so. (Breaking news: donating to a legitimate charity is a LEGAL way to lower your taxes.) But there are also accountants who take advantage of their clients’ trust by telling them that everything is taken care of when in fact, it’s not. For example: they tell their client to prepare php100,000 to pay for income tax, when in fact, the accountant only remitted php10,000 and pocketed the rest for themselves. Oftentimes, it takes a few years and an assessment from tax examiners before the client realizes that he’s been had by his accountant.

Why do I know this? Because accounting is my profession, although taxation is not my field of expertise.

I fully trust that SHK’s case is the second one. Some articles are saying that they are accusing SHK of taking advantage of the benefit she got from being awarded an Exemplary Tax Payer in 2008 or 2009 wherein she got a break from tax assessment for two years. Those two years were the years where she was said to have committed tax evasion. Since SHK is not the one who personally does her taxes, why automatically assume that SHK is the one who decided, “oh, let’s take advantage of this benefit and commit tax evasion!” and included undocumented expenses on her tax deductions? Don’t take this the wrong way, but she does not have the proper education to know these technicalities and take advantage of it. If she has any faults, it’s the fact that she was too generous and trusting of the people running her finances.

This one’s really pissing me off: reporters and random citizens are now snooping on her personal property and investments, and even her personal relationships. As if it has anything to do with the issue. As if she’s a government official who stole people’s money to finance her lifestyle. (For the nth time: SHE PAID HER BACK TAXES PLUS MORE! Run after the actual tax evaders who didn’t even pay sh!t!) Song Hye Kyo has been working for more than two decades. Why can’t she enjoy the fruits of her labor without anyone snooping in and becoming suspicious of where and how she got rich? On this part, jealousy reared its ugly head.

Last one for the road: those K-netz who are like, “I’m not watching that tax evader’s movie!” Well, I bet you’re really not watching it, regardless, so whatever. It’s just so sad because it seems to be a good movie, and it’s also an avenue to create awareness for this disease called progeria. For people to shrug this movie off just because they have to join the Hate-The-Tax-Evader-Song-Hye-Kyo bandwagon is just so tragic.

Stay strong, Hye Kyo. Keep fighting for your rights.

cr to bandstalker

It was the most emotional day for me as a fan of SHK and her costar.Until now at this moment...i feel so emotionally drained...just wondering how she managed the whole couple of hours putting up a straight face when inside you really want to cry out loud and scream.
But SHK and MPL has faced the biggest critics...the press today and i believe that it has gone well. I sincerely felt that apology that she addressed alone standing up on that stage with hundreds of cameras flashing away. If there was someone in that room who didn't even feel moved a bit...then they must be really stone hearted.
Frankly i always felt that for some reason...SHK is not much appreciated by South Korea citizens as compared to some other less talented actress who can only act in cute roles....she had always had to prove her worth. Every path of her career..she has received harsh baseless criticisms.... and i only think that the  main reason is her BEAUTY combined with real genuine HEART.
They just can't accept that these combination does exist.....and that SHK is blessed with that. Jealously has no boundaries it seems. Anyways... you can't break a diamond with numerous hammering..... it stands strong.....so has SHK like a true diamond :)

Guest xyzebra

I agree with @Sikoku 's post  earlier that the public received SHK's Press Day apology quite well.There is a sizable shift in public opinion on Naver and Twitter towards that of forgiveness, admiration for her bravery to face her mistake, and ultimately, support for her new movie. Below are some screen captures of the top comments for an article on SHK's apology. Although I won't translate each comment word by word, the common themes of all the comments are:1. It's not easy to apologize publicly.2. Forgive and love SHK again.3. Hope your new movie does well! 4. Let's support her! 
I also included the reaction chart that is native to any Naver article. While the negative reaction still outnumber the positive, this ratio is much much better compared to the ratio just yesterday, when negative reaction reached 999+. 
Edit: Even my cousin, who is in KR, said her co-workers and she felt SHK's sincerity while watching SHK's Press Day video. *tears*
KZ79oWg.png
lWPrd1u.png

Thank you all for  posting and sharing all the photos and news of our Hye Kyo’s today event.

I must say this is one of my tearful moments in my life.

All of us, Kyonatics, watched her with our broken hearts, but on the other hand, we become stronger and stronger in loving her and  prouder and prouder for being her loyal fans.

(Though she is suffering a lot inside her)Kyo has done a wonderful and an amazing job with great dignity today. Her handling of the situation was quite admirable.

She is a lady who deserves for all of these words:

-          the epitone of “Grace under pressure”

-          the epitome of courage and purity, sincere and humble with humility

-          genuine beauty both outside and inside,

-          gorgeous

-          etc, etc

Kyo, Please stay strong and come back to us with confidence and bright smile. We kyonatics are always beside you and love you so much day after day for eternity, no matter what.

I'm kinda worried about her CF deals lolsure, she's not poor or anything, just...Sony already parted ways with her? Laneige is also going to..? J.Estina should stay! 
if not, at least ROEM is there haha 

and I'm also worried they might ask for a 'fine' or whatever it's called for like breach of the contract

Guest sunflower91

What an admirable and moving act of apology  SHK have shown  in facing the public amidst the accusations and hurtful words  hurled at her, it really takes a lot of courage  and humility appearing before the press  expressing apology ,admittance of  mistake and accepting all the blame  in an event which supposedly a pleasant one that will focused solely for her MPL movie. Oh things could have been different if not for this unforeseen event , yet we saw a brave SHK  , she never resort to a cowardly act which makes us even more proud of her . I was so moved with her public apology speech  which breaks my heart  seeing her  in that  situation and keep thinking why this is happening to her . 

With utmost sincerity, SHK bows her head down to apologize

photo-4CGVVGXIQ35S

SHK shared, “I contemplated whether it’s right for me to stand on this spot or not but I thought hiding or avoiding could further cause damage to the movie. I think it is another duty of mine to accept words of advice and warning and try to not cause any damage to the movie.”

PS14082100269_99_20140821162107.jpg

SHK also said, “I apologize to the director, cast members and the audience to have affected the movie, which many people worked hard to produce. The movie is a product that many people worked on. I ask that you blame my mistake solely on me.”

2014821174214iic8shj_T5_96045.jpg

Lastly, she said, “I apologize once more for my mistake. It has been and will be my key to happiness to not be greedy, not to hurt anyone and to live by doing good things. There is no reason for me to lose all of that and my happiness just to avoid paying three years’ worth of taxes. I hope that you would trust me on this at least. I am sorry once more to have worried you.”

20140821171108494.jpg

She need a break, she look tired Korean-China traveling,working and this issue.This is the heaviest momment in her career, so maybe she need more room and time to rest. Maybe she can spend the breaktime in New York, please take a break for you health unnie.
IE001745994_STD.jpg