Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Jan. 7-13, 2019

dramaratings_2.jpg

Over on Wednesday and Thursday, An Empress’s Dignity and Boyfriend continue to gradually lose viewers. They’re still performing very well, but it looks like some of their viewers might’ve decided to check out the last premiere this week, What’s Wrong Mr. Poong-sang.

Wednesday, Jan. 9      
What’s Wrong Mr. Poong-sang 1 KBS 5.9%
What’s Wrong Mr. Poong-sang 2 KBS 6.7%
Red Moon, Blue Sun 27 MBC 4.4%
Red Moon, Blue Sun 28 MBC 4.7%
An Empress’s Dignity 29 SBS 11.8%
An Empress’s Dignity 30 SBS 14.9%
God’s Quiz 5 15 OCN 2.2%
Boyfriend 11 tvN 7.5%
Thursday, Jan. 10      
What’s Wrong Mr. Poong-sang 3 KBS 6.5%
What’s Wrong Mr. Poong-sang 4 KBS 7.8%
Red Moon, Blue Sun 29 MBC 4.1%
Red Moon, Blue Sun 30 MBC 5.2%
An Empress’s Dignity 31 SBS 12.5%
An Empress’s Dignity 32 SBS 15.3%
God’s Quiz 5 16 OCN 2.7%
Boyfriend 12 tvN 7.6%

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/01/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-jan-7-13-2019/

• Thanks 1

Watch: “The Last Empress” Cast Members Have Shining Chemistry Behind-The-Scenes

5d0f6e5fd45c4f9c8a9725f9e1a6470e.jpeg?s=

A new making-of video has been released for SBS’s “The Last Empress”!

The video starts off with Shin Sung Rok and Jang Na Ra preparing for the scene where she curses him out when he feigns pain to get her attention. They rehearse the scene thoroughly to make sure there are no mistakes. During the official filming, they immerse into their characters, but once they are off camera, they smile amicably at each other while joking around.

When they have to film the scene again, Shin Sung Rok sweetly holds out the front of his jacket and tells her to grasp it. Jang Na Ra can’t help but smile as she does as told. Shin Sung Rok says his line, “Why are you just difficult to me and easy to Chun Woo Bin (Choi Jin Hyuk)?” Once filming stops, Jang Na Ra playfully responds, “You really don’t know why? My goodness.”

Then Shin Sung Rok playfully jokes around with her petite height by pointing out, “My neck hurts from looking down too much.” In revenge, Jang Na Ra asks the director, “I can really kick him in the shin, right?” The director gives his approval, and Jang Na Ra starts practicing her kicking. However, she becomes soft-hearted during filming and only pretends to kick him. The director tells her she needs to kick harder, and without much choice, she gives her co-star a light kick. When the cut sign is given, Jang Na Ra gives Shin Sung Rok an apologetic hug as she asks, “I didn’t kick you that hard, right?”

Next, Jang Na Ra shows chemistry with Choi Jin Hyuk as she acts out the bomb scene with him. Despite the fact that she is nervous about the loud sound the bomb makes every time they shoot a take, she does her best by throwing her body into the mattress. From grabbing her out of harm’s way to checking each scene meticulously, Choi Jin Hyuk is there with her every step of the way.

During the scene where Choi Jin Hyuk stays by Jang Na Ra’s bedside, they immerse into the romantic mood to create a loving scene.

While waiting for the official filming to start, the two discuss the scene in detail while she is lying in bed and he has his head on the mattress. When she lightly grips onto his head to sit up, he jokes, “Are you grabbing my hair?” She assures him that wasn’t her intention by giving him a gentle pat on the back.

Check out the making video below!

If you haven’t already, check out the latest episode below!

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

10 Most Talked About Airing Dramas Of 2nd Week Of January

On Jan. 14, Good Data Corporation released their weekly ranking of the most talked about airing dramas for the second week of January.

1- “SKY Castle”

2- “The Last Empress

3- “Memories Of The Alhambra

4- “Encounter

5- “The Crowned Clown

6- “Liver or Die”

7- “My Lawyer, Mr. Jo 2”

8- “My Only One”

9- “Quiz of God: Reboot”

10- “My Strange Hero

dramas-good-data-corporporation.jpg

“The Crowned Clown“, “Liver or Die” and “My Lawyer, Mr. Jo 2” entered the ranking this week. “SKY Castle” had been topping the list for the 5th week. 

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/10-most-talked-about-airing-dramas-of-2nd-week-of-january/

• Like 1

*** This is really fine as long as it won't make the plot draggy................ But, adding more is already too ong. Although, it's good to watch & look at CJH longer on the screen. :lol:

“The Last Empress” Responds To Reports Of Adding More Episodes

9d9bb80df1e64b8ca18c8ffeaac225ca.jpeg?s=

On January 17, a source from the drama industry stated that SBS’s “The Last Empress” has added four more episodes. While it was originally set to be a 48-episode drama, it has now been extended to 52 episodes.

In response, the production team of “The Last Empress” clarified, “While it is true that there were talks to extend the drama, we have not confirmed anything.”

“The Last Empress” premiered on November 21, 2018 and soon became the frontrunner of Wednesday-Thursday dramas, setting its personal best viewership ratings of 17.9 percent on December 27.

The next episode will air on January 17 at 10 p.m. KST. Catch up on the latest episode below!

Watch Now

Source (1) (2) / soompi news

• Like 1

*** Gotta say Choi Jin Hyuk is looking fine in "The Last Empress." I don't dig him usually in suits since I always prefer him in casuals but here he looks so suave wearing suits regularly in the drama. :P

Relationships Become More Tangled With A Double Date In “The Last Empress”

SBS’s Wednesday-Thursday drama “The Last Empress” is set in an alternate universe where a constitutional monarchy reigns over Korea. The drama follows the story of a musical actress who marries the emperor but falls in love with a bodyguard of the royal family who’s goal is to get revenge.

The drama has released new stills of the characters as their lives continue to become even more intertwined and tangled up.

The first stills show Emperor Lee Hyuk (Shin Sung Rok) taking the royal sapphire necklace and personally placing it around Oh Sunny (Jang Nara)’s neck. Though Sunny isn’t quite sure what to make of his actions, Lee Hyuk has a bright smile on his face. The previous episode showed Lee Hyuk trying to hold on to Sunny in any way he could, even if his methods were wrong, and it appears he will continue to do what he can to make her stay.

Shin-Sung-Rok-Jang-Nara-2.jpg

Things are about to get even more complicated as Oh Sunny, Lee Hyuk, Chun Woo Bin (Choi Jin Hyuk), and Princess So Jin (Lee Hee Jin) embark on a double date. While Lee Hyuk’s eyes are glued to Oh Sunny as he watches over her with a smile on his face, So Jin tries to show her affection for Chun Woo Bin. However, Oh Sunny and Chun Woo Bin can be seen exchanging glances and appear to be lost in their own world.

Choi-Jin-Hyuk-Shin-Sung-Rok-Jang-Nara-Le

The production staff stated, “Oh Sunny and Chun Woo Bin’s feelings for each other are growing, but things get complicated as they appear at an event with their respective partners. The four characters’s tangled ties will bring unexpected secrets and twists to the story, so please anticipate the upcoming episodes.”

The upcoming episodes of “The Last Empress” will air on January 17 at 10 p.m. KST. Catch up with the latest episode below!

Watch Now

Source (1) (2) / soompi news

• Like 1

@willenette

Hi from Orlando, FL.  whahaha   We are on a month-long-winter-escape(from Chicago) vacation in the sunshine state with 70s weather.   So much to see here.  :)     
Well it’s rather disappointing to see CJH’s screen time in TLE which isn’t much.  I don’t know why CJH didn’t sign a firm contract which would give him a certain minimum amount of screen time?  sorry just dabbling  hehe  I know there will be more dramas from him in the future.   I just have to be patient and wait for his new drama lol
Thank you always  Have good day

2BYCrag.gif

Tunnel, Park Gwang-Ho & Shin Yeon-Sook :wub:

• Like 1

royal defense

201901231350771857_5c47f3b048db585243025

It’s judo skinship for Choi Jin Hyuk and Jang Nara in The Last Empress. The last time a similar scene happened in my memory is Lee Jun Ki and Seo Ye Ji in Lawless Lawyer. I’ve been checking this drama out occassionally and the most entertaining aspect for me is the fake-real bromance between the characters of Choi Jin Hyuk and Shin Sung Rok.

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2019/01/23/royal-defense/

• Like 2

** The Japan fans sent a buffet meal for CJH and a flower and a cake for his award win.   It seems they couldn’t come to Korea so one (or more) Korean fan handled the event for them.   She is one of the Korean fans who attended last Japan FM.
PS on Christmas eve, CJH-DC also sent the snack and coffee trucks.

**The Japan fans sent buffet support for CJH so CJH posted IG with his appreciation note.   

JH:  I want to thank the Japan fan members for sending a buffet.   Having a lack of sleep, I wasn’t able to take good pictures of it.  But the food looked good and very tasty.  It has been hard and I felt exhausted, but  fans’ cheer gave me strength to work on shooting.  I always thank you, thank you, thank you… ^^
PS Previously CJH-DC fans sent the snack and coffee trucks which we enjoyed eating.   I wasn’t in good condition that day so I wasn’t able to meet the fans and give them a thank-you note.  I feel very bad about that.  I want to convey my thanks. ((At the time CJH came down with a bad cold and  had to visit a hospital to receive many shot treatments for duration.))

((reposting from 12/30))

snack truck from CJH DC fans

Spoiler

(translated portion)

((from K-fan))
I know you (CJH) were exhausted from nonstop all-night shooting. Still you came out with a smile for us. I feel grateful.  Please take care of yourself and have a successful shooting for the rest.  I’m happy that I could be able to cheer with Japan fans.  CJH appreciates it very much.

8 hours ago, booha said:

JH: Not much left (meaning, getting close to the end?)… let’s keep the strength up  noona…

http://tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/read.php3?aid=15480522001430434002

http://www.osen.co.kr/article/G1111065637

Hi booha, thanks for sharing this. :lol:

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Jan. 21-27, 2019

dramaratings_2.jpg

Unfortunately, there are still a lot of shows struggling to keep their audiences. Numbers for Bad Detective and My Strange Hero are trickling down, as are the numbers for An Empress’s Dignity. The latter’s latest competition, Spring Must Be Coming, didn’t do much better, premiering at 2.2 percent.

Wednesday, Jan. 23      
What’s Wrong Mr. Poong-sang 9 KBS 7.5%
What’s Wrong Mr. Poong-sang 10 KBS 8.8%
Spring Must Be Coming 1 MBC 2.2%
Spring Must Be Coming 2 MBC 2.2%
An Empress’s Dignity 35 SBS 11.0%
An Empress’s Dignity 36 SBS 14.0%
Boyfriend 14 tvN 8.0%
Thursday, Jan. 24      
What’s Wrong Mr. Poong-sang 11 KBS 7.0%
What’s Wrong Mr. Poong-sang 12 KBS 8.0%
Spring Must Be Coming 3 MBC 1.5%
Spring Must Be Coming 4 MBC 1.9%
An Empress’s Dignity 37 SBS 10.9%
An Empress’s Dignity 38 SBS 13.9%
Boyfriend 16 tvN 8.7%

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/01/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-jan-21-27-2019/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 Super Savage Moments From “The Last Empress” Episodes 35-38

f8abea529be94532aa77e4d7b897f9df.jpeg?s=

Revenge is in the air as we get down to the final weeks of “The Last Empress,” and with conflicts coming to a boil, savagery is at an all time high as our characters start to take each other down. From awesome clapbacks to oh-so-satisfying exposés, episodes 35-38 blessed us with some of the most badass and fierce scenes of the drama: here are the seven most epically savage moments of this week’s episodes!

Warning: spoilers for Episodes 35-38 below!

1. When Hyuk sided with Sunny

This scene featured double the savagery: the Empress Dowager (Shin Eun Kyung) slapped Sunny (Jang Nara) across the face, but was quickly met with a nasty surprise of her own when Hyuk (Shin Sung Rok) yelled at her, openly showing that his loyalty now lies with his empress over his mother.

Spoiler

Jang-Nara-Choi-Jin-Hyuk-Shin-Eun-Kyung-e

Jang-Nara-Choi-Jin-Hyuk34-e1548549744733

Jang-Nara-Shin-Sung-Rok-Shin-Eun-Kyung-C

Shin-Eun-Kyung-e1548549788235.jpg

2. Sunny’s self-defense

When Woo Bin (Choi Jin Hyuk) decided that Sunny needs to be able to defend herself, he probably wasn’t expecting her to be such a badass training partner. But Sunny quickly proved that she’s fierce enough to take down even the buff bodyguard!

Jang-Nara-Choi-Jin-Hyuk.gif

Jang-Nara-Choi-Jin-Hyuk2.gif

Jang-Nara-Choi-Jin-Hyuk3.gif

3. Hyuk’s lunch with the Ohs

Sunny and Hyuk may have reached a tenuous peace for now, but her family is less discreet about their feelings towards him, like in this hilarious scene when Hyuk drops in on the Ohs at lunchtime:

Jang-Nara-Stephanie-Lee-Yoo-Da-Hoon-e154

Choi-Jin-Hyuk340-e1548550921167.jpeg

Jang-Nara-Choi-Jin-Hyuk-Yoon-Da-Hoon-Ste

Choi-Jin-Hyuk341-e1548550896522.jpg

4. The real murder scene

In the most literally savage — and also the most shocking — moment of the week, we found out that the ultimate responsibility for the murder of Empress So Hyun (Shin Go Eun) lies not with Hyuk, but with Kang Hee (Yoon So Yi). Formerly So Hyun’s best friend, Kang Hee monstrously drowned the Empress upon realizing that So Hyun was also pregnant with Hyuk’s child — as if sleeping with Hyuk wasn’t betrayal enough.

Shin-Go-Eun-e1548552715252.jpg

Yoon-So-Yi-e1548552747512.jpg

Shin-Go-Eun2-e1548552760268.jpg

5. Ari and Dong Sik’s playdate

Now that Na Dong Sik (Oh Han Kyul) is in the palace, he’s formed a cute friendship with Princess Ari (Oh Ah Rin). Though their relationship tends towards the antagonistic, Dong Sik’s colloquial insults are not only funny, but also good for Ari, challenging her to become more down-to-earth.

Oh-Ah-Rin352-e1548555079174.jpg

Oh-Han-Kyul350-e1548555118517.jpg

Oh-Han-Kyul351-e1548555095109.jpg

Oh-Han-Kyul352-e1548555107846.jpg

6. Sunny’s inheritance

After Ari lets slip that the Grand Empress Dowager’s original will left all her assets to Sunny, Sunny realizes that the Empress Dowager must have fabricated the fake will that left her only the painting of Chungeum Island. And Sunny chooses the most coyly savage way to let the Empress Dowager know that she’s not going to let this slide:

The-Last-Empress11-e1548554914965.jpg

Jang-Nara-Shin-Eun-Kyung-e1548554880689.

Shin-Eun-Kyung1-e1548554892742.jpg

Jang-Nara351-e1548554903370.jpg

7. When the Empress Dowager was done for

Finally, in what might be the most satisfying scene of the drama so far, the evil Empress Dowager is finally finished. Even more satisfying is that Sunny, Woo Bin, and even Hyuk all worked together to take her down, playing along with her scheme to get Sunny and Woo Bin killed and turning it on her to expose her plan. With not only the press but also the public, via Sunny’s livestream, as witnesses, there’s no way the Empress Dowager is getting out of this one!

Choi-Jin-Hyuk-Jang-Nara351-e154856049475

Lee-Soo-Ryeon-e1548560400823.jpg

Shin-Eun-Kyung2-e1548560513892.jpg

Catch this week’s episodes of “The Last Empress” here:

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

Spoiler

• Like 1