Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Current Drama JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

***Hmmm…….I have high expectations for this drama mainly for Choi Jin-Hyuk and Jang Nara. I hope this doesn't disappoint. I also hope he'll get enough rest since he still has one airing drama right now.... Oh man...I adore CJH!  :P

Choi Jin-hyuk to costar opposite Jang Nara in An Empress’s Dignity

choijinhyuk.jpg

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/10/choi-jin-hyuk-to-costar-opposite-jang-nara-in-an-empresss-dignity/

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, booha said:

Hi booha, thanks for sharing the pictures during script-reading yesterday. I wonder why CJH was wearing a formal get-up during this rehearsal. But, so NICE to see him attending the script-reading. Something to look forward soon. His acting has definitely improved very much since "The Heirs" - :P

• Like 1

11 K-Dramas To Watch When You’re In The Mood To Travel And Fall in Love

Meeting a stranger while traveling and finding love in a beautiful, romantic place is such a dream, which is why these kinds of K-dramas are so addicting to watch. This is true especially for older dramas where a particular country outside Korea is central to the story. And just as you would expect, most of them have the name of the country in the title!

Here are some old dramas to watch if you want to go back on memory lane and relieve all the feels that come from the classics, as well as some fairly new ones that will make you fall both for the characters and locations:

Devilish Joy

This new drama has a fairy tale beginning that starts in Hainan, China, an exotic setting that combines the blue seas, resorts, and a wonderful mix of traditional and modern Chinese architecture. In “Devilish Joy,” Ju Gi Ppeum (Song Ha Yoon) is an actress who goes to Hainan to film a TV commercial. Wanting to escape the filming crew and wander off to explore the island, she meets Gong Ma Seong (Choi Jin Hyuk), a genius doctor who saves her from bad guys. As they go around the movie town Haikou (which literally looks like a film set), the two become attracted to each other. Things progress quickly as Ma Seong kisses Gi Ppeum before promising to meet again, but later on, Ma Seong becomes diagnosed with “Cinderella Memory Disorder,” which means his memories of the previous day disappear at twelve o’clock. Will he remember their sweet whirlwind day in the island?

devilish-joy-768x768.jpg

devilish-joyjpg.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

On 10/16/2018 at 11:38 AM, booha said:

Hi booha, thanks for sharing some captures from his current drama. NICE. I'm happy that with a few episodes left in his on-going drama, another CJH drama airs this year again.  I heard that his agency, G-Tree Creative said that the detailed description of his character is purposely withheld to prevent spoiling the drama’s plot. I read that viewers can expect a change in his image as the drama’s male protagonist. Can't wait for November. Something to look forward soon.............  :P

• Like 1

*** I heard that CJH is holding a FM in Japan at the end of this year. It will be held in Osaka in December, also to promote his current drama, "DH" there. He must have loved the place so much since it's only been some months since he had one in Tokyo. Japanese fans must have loved him, too that they have been demanding his return.  This drama was exported to Japan very fast.  I heard that this drama will be aired in Japan early next year. Not only Japanese fans love him but Taiwanese fans as well. "DH" was broadcast simultaneously in Taiwan via IQIYI & I heard that it did well, rating-wise. :P

• Like 1

On 10/16/2018 at 9:16 PM, willenette said:

Hi booha, thanks for sharing the pictures during script-reading yesterday. I wonder why CJH was wearing a formal get-up during this rehearsal. But, so NICE to see him attending the script-reading. Something to look forward soon. His acting has definitely improved very much since "The Heirs" - :P

Haha someone mentioned about his wearing suits during the script reading.  His suits look a bit familiar with DJ’s wardrobe.  Perhaps he came in between DJ shootings since the script reading took place 10/6 while CJH was busy filming for DJ.  

Btw You probably heard about DF’s shut down.  The number of cables in Asia are broadcasting DJ but for other countries(like US…) DF had an exclusive right for DJ. Then out of the blue I learned that DF announced it was closing the company when DJ still had 4 more episodes left.   Now DJ has no eng subs. Yes some members translated some IG clips for yesterday and today’s eps.    What a mess. There are many viewers left out in the cold with so much frustration.  I read some DF member had their link shut off while watching a drama.  :(

On 10/17/2018 at 9:37 AM, mouse007 said:

CJH's voice though... sooooo good!!!! :wub:

Hello nice to see you here   I know  CJH has a one of a kind voice.  A voice like his is very hard to deliver in a drama setting.

• Like 1

DJ team said “we will have the content and completion that will bring a successful conclusion”   whahaa successful conclusion   geeweez  It sounds like they want to keep us in suspense till ep16.  :confounded: 

((translation))

‘DJ’ CJH&SHY, will he tell the separation to her at the end?  Upping the curiosity

0rrVhXZ.jpg

Will MS and GB separate after all?

Ahead of this week's final of DJ(writer Ji-Yeon Choi / PD Kim Gam-rah / production IHQ, Golden Thumb), the 15 episode shows GMS arranging his surroundings calmly.

After getting the treatment in the hospital for head pain which caused him to fall at the end of EP 14, GMS writes down his daily activities in his notebook as usual.   The contents include ‘to arrange/clean up my surroundings immediately’ ‘to arrange/prepare the healing village’, which raised concerns about his health.

Above all his phrase ‘separation from JGB’ strikes one’s heart.  GMS promised not to forget his love for JGB even if he would forget everything else. The fact that he writes ‘separation from JGB’ in his notebook, raises concerns that it is time to prepare for irreversible situations.

The producer said “As the curiosity about the ending of DJ  grows, there are writings by some people who claimed to be staffs from the drama through various SNS.” “We can’t give a hint about the ending but we will have the content and completion that will bring a successful conclusion.”

DJ goes toward the end with the love line of the four male and female protagonists which is getting into full swing, and JGB has restored her reputation, but GMS’s health is deteriorating which is heightening tension.

‘DJ’ EP15  will be broadcast simultaneously at 11 pm on the 10/24, in Dramax and MBN.

http://www.imaeil.com/sub_news/sub_news_view.php?news_id=2018102322410447118&yy=NewestAll

Spoiler

• Like 1

On 10/24/2018 at 10:01 AM, booha said:

DJ team said “we will have the content and completion that will bring a successful conclusion”   whahaa successful conclusion   geeweez  It sounds like they want to keep us in suspense till ep16.  :confounded: 

((translation))

‘DJ’ CJH&SHY, will he tell the separation to her at the end?  Upping the curiosity

Will MS and GB separate after all?

Ahead of this week's final of DJ(writer Ji-Yeon Choi / PD Kim Gam-rah / production IHQ, Golden Thumb), the 15 episode shows GMS arranging his surroundings calmly.

After getting the treatment in the hospital for head pain which caused him to fall at the end of EP 14, GMS writes down his daily activities in his notebook as usual.   The contents include ‘to arrange/clean up my surroundings immediately’ ‘to arrange/prepare the healing village’, which raised concerns about his health.

Above all his phrase ‘separation from JGB’ strikes one’s heart.  GMS promised not to forget his love for JGB even if he would forget everything else. The fact that he writes ‘separation from JGB’ in his notebook, raises concerns that it is time to prepare for irreversible situations.

The producer said “As the curiosity about the ending of DJ  grows, there are writings by some people who claimed to be staffs from the drama through various SNS.” “We can’t give a hint about the ending but we will have the content and completion that will bring a successful conclusion.”

DJ goes toward the end with the love line of the four male and female protagonists which is getting into full swing, and JGB has restored her reputation, but GMS’s health is deteriorating which is heightening tension.

‘DJ’ EP15  will be broadcast simultaneously at 11 pm on the 10/24, in Dramax and MBN.

http://www.imaeil.com/sub_news/sub_news_view.php?news_id=2018102322410447118&yy=NewestAll

Reveal hidden contents

Hi booha, thanks for sharing this. I heard there's an issue about the unpaid wages of actors and staff members for this drama. IDK about CJH's case, though.  They're supposed to be full-paid by August but the filming for the drama took longer than expected. It was resolved when they promised to finish the payments by next month, November. :o

• Like 1

@willenette

Sadly I read about the unpaid wages too.  :(   Yeah the producer said Nov about the pay.   We know those staffs don’t get paid much yet have to work in crazy hours and weather.    They better resolve it  soon.    

happy ending for MaBbum   happy sigh  so many kisses :blink::D

fux9HqQ.gif

vJhtP8w.gif

3ijPiLt.gif

Spoiler

QyYbxgw.gif

xUIOxmH.gif

cr to DC

• Like 1

On 10/27/2018 at 8:15 AM, booha said:

@willenette

Sadly I read about the unpaid wages too.  :(   Yeah the producer said Nov about the pay.   We know those staffs don’t get paid much yet have to work in crazy hours and weather.    They better resolve it  soon.    

happy ending for MaBbum   happy sigh  so many kisses :blink::D

Reveal hidden contents

QyYbxgw.gif

xUIOxmH.gif

cr to DC

Hi booha, I'm a sucker for happy-ending stories. :P Thanks for sharing some captures from the drama. NICE.

• Like 1

lip-syncing ending

yQiHcd6.gif    

**It’s good to know CJH will have a FM tour around Southeast Asia including Taiwan after his new drama, Empress’s Dignity.

Brief summary of the article about ‘DJ’

VGqIdbA.jpg

Spoiler

Mo3pyL4.jpg

DJ’ which came to end on 10/25, scored a meaningful result despite of its 11pm broadcast ((*very late for many viewers to be able to watch)) and the channels which aired DJ aren’t very active in the drama area.

In Nielsen Korea, the last view rating is about 2.6%,  combined with 2.241% for MBN and 0.4% for Dramax. ((*difficult to get correct ratings for DJ because two channels aired simultaneously))   It’s a fairly good report card, considering these channels are not very familiar to the public.

The figures in the portal site Naver TV which provides the highlight videos of ‘DJ’,  indicates DJ's attraction.  With more than 14 million cumulative views, MBN has set the highest record in its history and has more than 30,000 subscribers.

As a result of conducting a survey on the number of views of the dramas that had started broadcasting in the period similar to ‘DJ’ or ended recently in Aichi Taiwan,   ‘DJ’  became #1.   

The cumulative number of views:
(DJ)  7.01 million (as on 10/29)  
(My Name is Gangnam Beauty)  5.94 million
(Familiar Wife)  3.9 million
(Your Honor)  2.06 million

(100 Days My Prince)  3.85 million ( with 2 more eps, later total  4 million)
(Today’s Detective)  1.74 million
(The Guest)   2.75 million
(Beauty Inside)   2.37 million ( later total 4 million)

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20181029163019158

• Like 1

The teaser1 is out.  The official title is ‘The Last Empress’ and 48 episodes ( probably 30min with each ep so equivalent to 24 EPs)
SBS  https://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/thelastempress

** JNR fan IG posted the teaser with subs.  
((*Few minor changes))
(LH) The emperor is the absolute representative of the nation and its people
(LWS's bro?)The emperor of Korean Empire killed our mother.
(Sunny) Your majesty and I do not fit/match for each other.
(LWS) It isn’t going to end just killing a rat.  
(LWS) I will put my life and completely destroy the imperial family

making of the script reading

https://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/thelastempress/clip/56854/22000303077

Jin Hyukssi is having withdrawal symptoms  a poor man  :cry:

(today) Jin Hyuk:  #Already a memory

(7 days ago) Jin Hyuk: Now it is really the end... Thank you very much for those who have watched DJ.   #Gong Ma Sung # goodbye # tears ㅠㅠ

pRhgu9Q.gif

마성의 기쁨FMV 너 없는 시간

cr to uploader

((translation))

Jangnara X Choi Jin-hyeok X Shin Sung-rok, 'The Last Empress' script reading

(017)'Return'  PD Joo Dong-min & 'Sister is Alive'  writer Kim Soon-ok
(018)The best genre  passionate romance thriller  ‘The Last Empress’  

(022) [ JNR as Oh Sunny] “Hello I’m JNR  I’m going to play Oh Sunny in TLE.”
(029) Oh Sunny’s enthusiastic fan, for emperor!!
(034) Enthusiastic fan for emperor Lee Hyuk  National Cinderella  Musical actress Oh Sunny

Spoiler

(037) [SSR as Lee Hyuk]  “I’m SSR. I will play Lee Hyuk in TLE.”
(042) Should I tell you why I did this crazy marriage?    
(046) It’s because I didn’t want any interference from mother.
(048) I used Oh Sunny as a shield in order to be stronger,    
(050)  I didn’t want to be pushed around by mother!
(051) I want to be a real emperor!
(053) Outstanding Brain,  with devilish charm,  the absolute power of the Empire of Korea, emperor Lee Hyuk

(057) [CJH as Chon Woo-bin] “Hello Nice to see you I’m CJH. This time I’m going to play Chun Woo-bin.”
(104) I will put my life on the line and wipe them out.    
(109) I’m gonna reveal all those things they’ve done,
(111)+(116)  and I’m gonna finish them off with wretched humiliation which is a hundred times, a thousand times  more miserable than now.
(119)  Starting a new life with revenge  Natural born winner   Hoodlum punk  Imperial guard  Na Wang Sik

(123) [Watch point 1]  Unpredictable Oh Sunny’s  3 shade charms
(128)+(145)+(154) Angry sunny   Foul-mouthed sunny   Cute sunny
(159) I’m a bundle of charm   (shy)

(202) [Watch point 2]  SSR/CJH’s  battle to draw the viewer's attention
(207)+(208)+((209) #one with an eagle eye # a master shooter of woman’s heart #infinite repetition angle
(202)(212) SSR “I came here because I wanted to date Soon Ok ssi.  When Soon-ok ssi is gone, I can’t stop thinking Soon-okssi, I miss Soon-okssi, I miss Soon-okssi…”
((**seem likely; In a humorous way  SSR shows his admiration for the writer?   I think he says (the writer Kim) Soon-ok-ssi. The clip repeats his line))

(215)+ (217)+(220) Powerful   Honey voice   To show you the tsundere( cold outside and warm inside personality)
(228) Adding of over-flowing human touch ((*talking in a regional dialect, saturi))

(232) [Watch point 3] Brand-name supporting actors
(236) The only ally to Sunny, a grand empress dowager Park Won-sook
(241) The controller of the emperor Eun-Kyung Shin
(245) Immature child princess of empire of Korea, Lee Hui Jin

(249) Successful TLE script reading

(252) JNR “Please have a lot of interest in TLE  Hope that many of you will watch it.”
(256) SSR “I read the script. I really enjoyed it.  Please show a lot of interest and a lot of cheer”
(309) CJH “Glad to meet you  I’ll be grateful with a lot of love and a lot of interest for TLE from you.
Thank you”

PS

(228) Saturi is the Korean word for regional dialect. Not everyone speaks Korean the same way. That is, depending on which region of Korea you live in, you will speak very differently from someone who lives in a different region. Seoul people speak one way, Busan people another.

** CJH is in the right front. :)