Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [completed JTBC Drama 2024]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

Hi hyuk hyuk girls! Im so happy to have this time to post.. RL had been too hectic lately.. the only times I was able to visit the thread to read your posts were when I'm in the restroom..huhu..  anyways.. @celes80 dear2.gif.. I just read your blog! Indeed it was a very looong article! Thank you for translating it even when you were tired.. haha.. his ideal type is not talkative.. glad im not one.. hehe.. or am i? lol_2.gif 
I'm also happy to note that he aggressively pursues the girl he wants.. even showing her thru a kiss.. 
does that mean he will understand if we don't just  profess our love for him but  show it in action by kissing him? that's his style so he'll understand..Lets prepare for that in 2017 @chaybags55exc1%2B%2B.gif
@booha thanks5.gif for posting a pic of him in his Japan fanmeet.. wow he looks great in his red coat!@meomongco I miss you too.. we are both coping with our busy sched.. so just smiletext1.gif.. it will soon come to pass...haha.. pls bear with my silly post guys..its because i miss you all!!!

Guest Joon J. Lee

I am striving to translate the Tokyo FM article. Someone from DC did a pretty rough translation in korean and I'm doing it again in English. Seems like you guys need a hand so I am trying to do what I can do.

I've done half (awfully long though). Don't keep your expectations too high cuz it's a translation of a translation. LOL. Hope to be back real soon with the full manuscript.

recently , every time when i came here , this place was so quite , like i walking in the house while anyone was there , that was somehow so disappointing , i am glad some news and interviews came out , i like every one love for CJH , it 's warm and refreshing like him , i hope when he went to army , this thread won't be so silence . i really waiting about news from J- FM . It was really strange . i Thinking with myself , why there is anythings about that event , I become Happy , when I saw him in the red coat while he smiling , thanks a lot for all your tireless and lovely efforts. @Booha , I liked your text about Tango Dance , That was really interesting.

Guest chaybags55

hello hyuk hyuk girls! yes let us keep this thread alive.. How I wish I can understand Korean so I can help out in the translation works haha. Thanks as always to @booha and @celes80 for your untiring efforts.. Hey @PolarisCat and @Chelseab chingus hows the Japan FM. Did you get to hug CJH!!
@Joon J Lee thanks for dropping by.. Cant wait to see the pics, videos or stories you might want to share us on the Feb 28 FM in Korea. So what  are your plans for CJH birthday chingu?
@meomongco dear i  miss you too!
@ell4u oh yeah CJH will get the surprise of his life in 2017 coz we will duplicate what he can do to a girl he is courting, a stolen kiss ( lips?? lets see how bold can we go chingu haha)
@violetlove2, am just checking out, are  you still in, that 2017 in Korea? miss you too chingu!

@yeekrfan2 , where are you chingu? we miss you here!
@AliciaA , I would like to hear your story re your going to Hongkong FM, I know you didnt have the chance to get that hug but dont lose hope, 2017 might be your lucky year haha
@almaseabi just like you, i visit this thread everyday to get updates but there are times  that I dont have the luxury of time to post, miss you too chingu!
@vforvintagevera, any posts you made here about CJH always catch my interest and just like you, I thought he really likes Yuri but then thats his script in Strong Heart .. WHAT?? 
@celes80 dont cry dont cry, I offer my shoulder for you to cry on..lol.. .Yes during his absence, We might look for another drama/actor to watch but does not mean that we will forget CJH.. Me? for sure I will wait for him  and he will always have a special place in my heart! huhu I am also getting sentimental..
To all hyuk hyuk girls :
Keep the love for CJH burning!
Love you all! :x : :x :x

Has the Japan fm already happened?! I haven't been on the thread much so I may have gotten my days confused...

Well, if any of my Hyuk Hyuk girls do look for new dramas might I suggest some with my dear Yoon Shi Yoon in them? He is good as well :)

I've had a rough day chingus... I was driving alone on a dark scary road tonight and my car broke down... :(

I am finally home though and am soooo happy!!!!! I keep hugging my dog lol.

Hope you all had a good day!!! :x

Guest chaybags55

@violetlove2, take care out there chingu
yes japan FM meet held last january 31 . Polariscat and chelseab attended so we are waiting for the pics videos etc they will be sharing us.
Good to hear from you chingu!

@Violetlove2.. oh dear.. im glad to note that you are safe now.. please take care...oh yes.. I'm still watching EC too whenever i wanted to laugh or when I just need diversion.. so you are a fan of yoon shi yoon-- he's coming back from MS too right?..I cant wait for the news on the japan meet.. i am missing Choi Jin Hyuk already... 

Hello everybody!   It’s very normal to have a slow period.  Usually an actor takes a break after completing a drama or any big project. Afterward some might have CF or other small projects.   It means a slow time for the soompi.  Because of his looming army enlistment, CJH had to take drama projects continuously. In turn we got busy from his activities.  But now things are going to slow down but it doesn’t mean this thread will have to put a lock on the door for the duration.
Even though we don’t have a large number of members here, I feel grateful that each has brought their own unique perspective to enliven this thread.  But when CJH leaves for the army duty, I’m sure things will change here but I’m not worried too much.   There are a few things we could do together and a few things/ or many of a few things I couldn’t do before because I didn’t have time.  I hope to talk about those things later.

@Violetlove2  Thank god dear chingu!   I’m glad to hear you made it home safely.  Please enjoy ER or one YSY’s (like MTF, a noona drama for me hehe)  Give you a big hug and to your adorable dog!

@willenette said: *** Thanks for sharing this here. :)>-

Guest chaybags55

thats my @booha lifitng our spirit !!   oh yes that brainstorming what activities we have to do here, I am all in. To start with, there are many interviews in the past, that are yet to be translated i have seen uploads in you tube etc .. 
We can have a throwback thursday posts where we  can post  anything about CJH..
yes booha, please start the ball rolling chingu  ^:)^

@Joon J. Lee - thank you as always for dropping by! Everytime you drop by, you bring good tidings! :D Greatly appreciate your help with the translation! :x I'll wait for your manuscript and try to add on whatever else was missed. 
Here's 2 more articles on the J-FM
http://korepo.com/archives/84136 [i can't link the photos from the site here, so please click on the link to view it yourself!]
http://s.wowkorea.jp/section/focusread.asp?narticleid=138630

And more photos (Thank you whiterose-さま!)She went for CJH's FM too and this is her blog: http://ameblo.jp/ukkikibonbon/
3_zpsxqrjvxpf.jpg
5_zpsd6wjk8ip.jpg

7_zpsat3wuvlm.jpg
6_zpslx5ji7zx.jpg
1_zpsaptndvvn.jpg
2_zpss9oepqku.jpg
4_zpszhcbjxnt.jpg

@booha, @willnette: Regarding "Love ♥ Vampire", looking at the promo poster, JH's name is actually 4th on the list. I'm hoping its listed in order of screen time, which means his role is not that teeny-tiny. Summer Meng (Taiwan) is 3rd, after the 2 leads, and Ekin Cheng (HK) is 5th. The wait for our Hyuk will be that much shorter with this movie. I am very grateful for it. 
I will try and translate some stuff from the 2 articles above and from the girl's blog this weekend. It's the only time I can spare translating I'm afraid. Watch this space. In the meantime, keep posting Hyuk girls!!!

Guest mdolphins

Aww, I have missed all of you and it was wonderful to catch up on all of your posts. So April huh, I guess it is nice to have something of his to look forward to. I think he will make a very handsome and mysterious vampire....I can't wait to see it. :x

Anyway, I will try to get on here more often, I have just been really busy lately. Big hugs everyone, take care.

Thanks @booha for all of your translations, I really enjoyed reading them!!!!!

celes80 said:
@booha, @willnette: Regarding "Love ♥ Vampire", looking at the promo poster, JH's name is actually 4th on the list. I'm hoping its listed in order of screen time, which means his role is not that teeny-tiny. Summer Meng (Taiwan) is 3rd, after the 2 leads, and Ekin Cheng (HK) is 5th. The wait for our Hyuk will be that much shorter with this movie. I am very grateful for it. 
I will try and translate some stuff from the 2 articles above and from the girl's blog this weekend. It's the only time I can spare translating I'm afraid. Watch this space. In the meantime, keep posting Hyuk girls!!!

Guest Joon J. Lee

Here it goes! Tokyo FM article. This is a rough translation so mind the awkwardness and weirdness. Hope you enjoy reading. I know I did.

Hope to be a respectable actor to anyone and anywhere!

As a trend setter and a roof-topping rating-maker, Choi Jin-Hyuk had his last two section FM, 'Thank you, You are always in my heart.' and 'Until we meet again, we'll be right here waiting.', with his Japanese fans in Tokyo before his enlistment on the 31st of Jan. 2015 at the AiiA Theater. He has been a sensation in <Emergency Couple>and <Pride and Prejudice> as the lead role and acting with the famous Jung Woo-Sung in <The Divine Move>. It's been two years since his last FM in Tokyo and he has special affection towards the Japanese fans. CJH appeared from the right side of the audience wearing a red coat and sunglasses singing '그때 우리 사랑은Our love then(main theme of EC)‘. As he slowing walked down the aisle steps, the crowd went wild. At the last minute, he took off his sun glasses and put on his gentle smile and the fans passionately cheered.

Looking at the audience,

"Great to meet you here. Thank you. (in Japanese) I can see that some of you are here twice today. I am so glad I can get to meet you in person before I go off to the army. I am really glad to see you all."

then, he sat himself at the chair.

About his first appearance today.

It's my style of the day. Taking them off in the middle was also intended. (laughing) I only knew here that many of you have watched 'Gu Family Book' which gave me a pleasant surprise. I thank you so much for that. I am really happy that I will be returning home with tons of positive energy before my enlistment.

MC : You have finished yet another drama. You are somewhat free, aren't you?

CJH : The drama is definitely over but with big and small events along the way prevented me from feeling that freedom yet. I am still pretty mush busy.

MC : What's the first thing that you do whenever you have free time? 

CJH : These days I go to karaoke and 포장마차, simple outdoor tent bar. It's nice nice to be around people you are closed to and having fun with them. How much I drink? Well, it depends on the my daily condition but when I really drink I can really drink. Seems like alcohol is absorbing alcohol, not me. That's my drinking habit I suppose. Ha ha. I hate being a nuisance or being a burden to others while drinking so I either sleep or go straight home. Ah, I do have another drinking habit. I try and pay for everything. Ha ha. And when I am really drunk I encourage others to get drunk, too. Let's drink like crazy! 

The fans went, "No, no!!"

CJH also has a sweet tooth. 

CJH : Some of you may know but last year, I was in Tokyo for about ten days and fell in love with the parfait and it's true that I had 1 or 2 every day after meals. I love the parfait with fruit and fresh cream.

MC : You can eat all you want, now that PP is over?"

CJH : Yes, but i have been a little bit too careless and became chubby recently so I began working out. I was in shape while filming <The Divine Move> but since then I haven't had the chance to go to the gym. Now I'm aching all over. Ha ha. 

MC : Yesterday, there was heavy snow. 

CJH : I heard. Every time I come to Japan, it rains.

The talk theme changes from the weather to the time of his debut.

CJH : (recalling the audition program with 5000 competitors) I had zero experience of acting when I signed up and being in front if the camera was also my first so I was so nervous. It's so embarrassing to look back at my acting then. 

MC : It's been a little less than 10 years since you debut. What was the greatest change?

CJH : Then, I was shy and not confident being in front of people on or off stage. Drawing attention was just not my idea of fun but now I think I have become somewhat used to it. I felt it again today. I think I have developed a certain way of resolving the problem of being tense and working has been more smooth than ever. On top of that, when I think of all the love and support from the fans, the tension just melts away. Just a moment ago, I was laughing because I met eye to eye with a fan and she waved so fast. (laughing)

The audience laughed out loud.

A fan cried out, "We have been dying to meet you!" after a year and 4 months of time.

CJH replied, "I missed you, too!" and the crowd went wild.

CJH : A hit drama also in Japan, <I need Romance>, was an eye-opener for acting for me and the more I think about the piece, the more interesting it is. After it was over, I was aware of many things that I wasn't before. But, <Pride and Prejudice> gave me the same kind of feeling. I guess there is no end to learning in acting.

MC : In <I need Romance>, lots of women were heart struck by your cuteness(애교). Can you show us some of your skills?

CJH : There weren't any cuteness!

Audience : Show us!!!!

CJH : I don't know. I'm not good at this. (laughing)

He was mumbling and did something with his lips that made the audience go nuts over. (What did he do??????!!!!!!)

<The Heirs> was the theme of the talk.

MC : Kim Won was so-called 'Luxury Dark'?

CJH : He was simply arrogant. Before <I need Romance>, I was known as a expressionless cold blooded, serious character. That's exactly what I did. Expressionless. I just did my lines without any feelings and became Kim Won.

CJH : For <Fated To Love You> and <The Heirs>, I had to wear suits a lot so I became involved in tailoring. Because I have a special body (laughing), some parts of the suit should be specially tailored for a larger size.

MC : Which part?

CJH : Front chest. (laughing)

Audience : We have seen them.

MC : Seems like you wanted to wear school uniform yourself, didn't you?

CJH : Yeah, but my conscience wouldn't let me. (laughing) I wore it once for a movie, but other than that I don't recall.

MC : Your love did not happen in the drama.

CJH : I thought as a big brother choosing the family was thr right thing but I, too wanted my love to happen as well as the fans. The last episode surprised me as much.

Images of <Pride and Prejudice> where the love line and the popularity is picking up speed.

CJH : It's only a few days ago since the last shoot so it still feels weird to see it on screen. <Pride and Prejudice> is a story of a handful of prosecutors with strong sense of justice in Inchon City. Since it involves criminal activities the story itself can be serious and heavy but I am sure many of you will be able to sympathize and enjoy the story and hope that many actually do. I might as well say that it resembles the Japanese drama <The Hero> in a way and myself, Kimura Takuya. (laughing) Sumimaseng.

MC : The reason to choose PP as the last piece before enlistment?

CJH : Most of all, it had a well-made plot. It wasn't a romantic comedy everyone can relate to but it had its own way of illustrating the character in an attractive way. The protagonist was the ever so genius and attractive prosecutor like Kimura Takuya, it just took my breath way right instant. The director was the notorious Kim Jin Min from <Time Between Dog And Wolf> and <Road Number One>. He seemed like a very warm hearted person. There were several kids in the drama and he was especially putting extra attention to them so that they don't get sick or catch cold in the cold weather. This surely showed me how loving person he is. He has a superb personality and he knows how to care for others and be polite to his superiors. It's only that he is very strict to those who are poor in acting but he was pretty nice to me.

MC : Does that mean you are a good actor?

The audience clapped like thunder.

CJH : No, no, what I meant to say is that I like people like director Kim and because I, myself share some kind of common understanding.

MC : About co-actor Choi Min Soo?

CJH : Choi Min Soo, from my perspective, can be equivqlent to one of my favorite Japanese actor Tsutsumi Shinichi. He was by no means great to work with and I felt something I have never felt before. This really hard to put into words but as far as acting, he is the greatest.

MC : Any new goals ahead?

CJH : Working with Choi Min Soo made me want to work with him again and during the two years in military, I'll study variety of aspects of acting and try to be proud and confident whenever, wherever.

These sincere words from drew unsparing applause.

CJH : I haven't told this to anyone but I cannot actually feel that I am going to the army. It seems like someone else's matter. I can feel that you are supporting me by coming to my FM but actually I just don't feel it yet.

CJH : Looking at Choi Min Soo motivated me to become more like him and be more competitive in acting than anybody else.

This was the actor's sincere and honest words.

CJH : The drama schedule seemed tight but the director was a fast worker so shooting never past 12PM and two days off a week provided time to maintain sufficient physical strength. But the problem was the script. The content was hard enough already and very often came out at the last minute so dealing with the stress was the real pain. In that sense the drama was hard on me. If you have seen <The Hero>, you will notice that even the genius protagonist's acting can seem awkward if he is not aware of the whole situation of the story and thus the drama itself loses its persuasive power. I had to study and do tons of research alone while acting and they became a tremendous stress.

CJH was awarded as the best actor at the 2014 MBC Drama Awards for PP.

CJH : Last year, I was awarded as a real actor for the first time. The year before that, in 2013, I was expecting a rookie award for <Gu Family Book> but didn't. I was really disappointed. But at some point, I realized that being a good actor has nothing to do with any awards. Of course, getting awarded makes me happy and it it really did.

Audience : Congratulations!!

This doesn't just stop in Korea. CJH successfully debuted in a Japanese movie called <Love Vampire>, literally about vampires. (To be premiered at TOHO Cinemas Shinjuku on April 17th).

CJH : I wouldn't spoil your fun watching the movie by talking too much here but I think it's best I tell you first about it. What differenciate it from other movies is that it involves actors from different parts of Asia, Japan, Korea and Hong Kong. It was a whole new experience and it contains lots of CG effects so it should be fun. I understood it as a modern version of Gu Wol Ryoung and really had fun filming.

MC : The movie producer loved your first appearance wearing the white suit and one of the movie staff said that CJH should learn Japanese during military service to do another Japanese movie.

CJH : (in Japanese) I am learning Japanese ... Aggressively ...

A big applaud followed his shy smile.

Questions from fans

1. Q : You said you don't like your 'bathroom voice'. Is that true?

A : I don't hate it but I am not so proud of it either. I am really happy when people say that they like my voice.

Fans ask him to say "잘자요. (Sweet dreams.)" and he recites for them.

2. Q : Where have you visited in Japan?

A : I was here 6 years ago for the first time and went to a hot spring. I don't know the location, though. I was in a car and driven there. It was so nice that I would like to visit again but time just wouldn't let me.

CJH said "cute(in Japanese)" to a woman who asked one of the questions and the MC said to CJH that he should say it to everyone. CJH blushed and said "Sorry." and made everyone laugh.

3. Q : Favorite Japanese song?

A : The song I sang at the MBC Drama Awards is originally called 'more than anybody in the world'. I sang it at the Japan FM and one of the writers saw it and loved it so much that she asked me to sing it on stage.

This time he walks down to the audience himself as a surprise and the crowd heated up and cheered from his eye contact fan service.

4. Q : How do you handle gifts from fans?

A : I keep every single one of them at home. All of the gifts that reached the Red Brick House also are safely delivered to my house.

5. Q : When do you feel you are sexy?

A : Men, sexy? Once I saw singer Rain dance and though he was sexy for a man but other than that I am vague about men being sexy. But I definitely know when a woman is sexy. (The audience burst out with laughter.)

6. Q : Which character so far is most close to real life CJH?

A : I would say <I need Romance>. It's similar, actually it's almost identical except that he is strikingly rich. LOL

7. Q : You have smooth skin and shiny hair. Any special treatment?

A : I get my hair done at the hair salon and I never thought my skin was good. I think sweating by working out and steaming is great.

8. Q : What are you going to do today?

A : I don't think I have DONE anything in Japan. Tonight, I think I will have some fun. Use your imagination what kind of fun I will have. LOL

9. Q : How do you dress at home?  

A : Very comfortable clothes mainly but what I am wearing is also kind of style what I like to wear. My stylist tries to convey my taste in choosing what to wear. I don't wear suit too often and this is my style.

10. Q : (a girl asks) I like Korea and go there often. Would you recommend nice places for a date.

A : Don't you mean you go to Korea to see EXO or Super Junior?

(Everyone LOL at CJH's joke.)

In Seoul Han River bank is very neatly organized and maintained. It's an ideal place to jog or take a walk listening to music. I go there sometimes to cool my head when life seems complicated.

11. Q : You ideal type of woman?

A : Cute and not skinny. Most of all cute and someone I can relate to and someone I can have conversation with is important.

12. Q : Any favorite place other than the river bank in Seoul? Where do you usually go?

A : Garosoo Road in Shinsa-dong, Gangnam. It's usually crowded so I can't go too often. I like Apgujung-dong(also in Gangnam) so I'm there a lot.)

13. Q : Do you like Japanese food?

A :I like hamburgers and parfaits!! Those two are my favorites.

14. Q : What do you think of Japanese noonas (meaning older sisters)?

CJH : Age doesn't matter unless it's too much.

MC : How much is 'too much'? Are you expecting something from him?

CJH : Ha ha ha. These days there are lots of women who look so young that I can't tell how old they are. I should say ten years older or younger than me should be fine.

15. Q : Do you decide the side dishes when you drink?

A : Most of the times, I take the lead and actively take part in whatever the group I am in.

16. Q : You have to shave your head before your enlistment. How do you feel?

A : Good question. Short hair might not be a problem compared to going to the army itself but still not a pleasant thing.

17. Q : Marriage?

A : In Korea, I'm still too young to get married. And further more with the enlistment coming up, marriage is not on my to do list any time soon.

18. Q : You would like to have some time with your parents, don't you?

A : For Korean parents, sending their sons off to the army is a heart breaking thing. What worries me most is the fact that I'll be leaving my parents behind all alone. I have asked my best buddies to take care of them like their parents while I was away. (audience applauded)

19. Q : A good way to learn Korean?

A : Living in Korea is the best way. I think living in a country that you want to learn the language is the best possible way. But Korean is a difficult language and sometimes I am confused with the spelling(pronunciation) myself.

20. Q : Close Korean actors?

A : There are several well-built and respectable actors. I met Choi Min Soo through PP and came to respect actors. It was a life-time experience for me.

21. Q : Favorite Japanese actress?

A : Can't think of one right away... Kiritani Mirei?

MC : I was waiting for that answer. The movie <Love Vampire> opens in April.

(CJH also says "Dozo Yoroshiku Onegaishimas." meaning Thank You in advance for your support.)

22. Q : Any special scenes you like from PP?

A : You just saw it. I like the first scene. I was really fascinated by the setting that you could meet your ex-girl friend who dumped you so wickedly after five years.

23. Q : (Last question from a fan who was at the birthday party last year) Two years ago when we had the second FM there was a thunder storm and yesterday there was heavy snow. What kind of jinx do you have?A : (the venue burst into laughter and CJH made a big smile.) (CJH was told that 雨男 in Japanese means a man who brings rain) I am a Korean and I didn't particularly feel like one ... but what if there is going to be thunder next time? (laghter)

The happy encounter with the fans continued.

Two of fans were selected and called up to the stage through rock, paper and scissors.

The fans chose CJH being 'nice and caring' to be the most charming point but CJH said that he isn't so nice in real life. (laughter)

CJH : Don't I look foolish when I smile?

He said it himself but that seemed like just him being modest.

CJH : I don't think I'll be seeing you for some time so I would like to save this moment as a beautiful memory.

CJH had a red camera with him on stage. The two lucky fans called up to the stage had the chance to take pictures with CJH.

A number of fans were again selected and also called up to the stage and finally one of them had the chance to make a passionate love confession to CJH and a hug from him. Some of the confessions were wild like, "I want to have CJH's child in the next life." or "You can be my son in this life." which made the audience laugh their heads off.

CJH : It is really a difficult choice. Some of you have managed to come up to the stage but I would like to take pictures with all of you.

CJH took a picture with the whole audience in the background.

The last part of the event was his singing. He sang 'Love fool' (original : 'more than anybody in the world') and filled the stage with passion.

CJH : This is a pretty famous song and all the song I sing today are the ones I sang some time in the past so I chose these so that you can sing along with me. If you know the song, sing along.

(Music) Please! CJH charmed the audience once again with his magical deep voice.

CJH : I have been thinking about doing something for the FM and designed a pendent and a bracelet.

(He introduced products he designed himself.)

The end is drawing near and I am starting to feel the enlistment for real. I hope to meet you again through a new piece and a whole new FM. I can't wait.

In the meanwhile, while I'm away, watch <Love Vampire> and <The Divine Move> where I act as the bad guy with Jung Woo Sung. And Please wait for my return. Thinking that This is the last makes me really nervous. Until we meet again, please take good care. Please anticipate a more mature CJH after two years. You can kill time by watching 120-episode and 60-episode not-so-popular drama of mine. I'll be checking on you! (laughing)

The the ovation from the audience conveyed the message for CJH to have a great time and that they will be right there waiting.

After the FM CJH saw the fans off and had to say a sad goodbye.

Choi Jin Hyuk

The FM, just as the title "right by your side." , was a meaningful chance of bonding CJH and the fans ever more closely. We hope to see a better and up-graded CJH in two years.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------