Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [completed JTBC Drama 2024]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

@wildaffairs hi hi nice to see u here! u must be one of the hyuki ladies hahaha! pls keep us company for our hyuk ssi, i think he deserves to be pampered don't u think guys?

actually just finished this morning tunnel epi 4 but to continue with 5&6 tonight! keep watching chingoos! :blush: i also finished daddy's girl drama n thot of peeking at his panda hedgehog drama as well, am liking his brod actor in daddy's girl dong hae :) they're good/kind brods in daddy's girl! awesome!

• Like 1

On 4/11/2017 at 10:05 PM, hibiscus23 said:

chingoos, just finished watching him in daddy's girl drama & i enjoyed it! now trying to check him in panda and the hedgehog :wub:

ttyl hyuki ladies :)

@hibiscus23 panda and the hedgehog looks cute. i did not get to it yet..^^ but i love the ost that CJK sings for that drama. =)

• Like 2

I wish I can come to this forum more often but I have a hard time accessing it on my phone. Is there an app? If so, is it easy to use? Otherwise, I can only check this forum when I get on the PC and that is not too often these days. Any suggestions?

Also, I still have not figured out how to post a picture... like a jpg file =( Help!

• Like 2

@msrose122

Sorry  I don’t use a mobile phone for soompi-ing so I have no idea about it.   But for posting a picture you can try to look on the main page- soompi info which has 2 sections ( rules, news, & feedback  => How To Post Images On Soompi? ) (problem solvers! community forum tech support => Got a question? Read this first :)

:expressionless::heart:

• Like 4

Hi everyone! Its been ages since I last posted here but I've been lurking once in a while! Hi @booha! I marathoned the 6 eps of Tunnel yesterday and I'm loving it! ... made me realize how much i miss Choi Jin Hyuk and how my admiration of him hadn't changed despite the new actors I've grown to like. Jin Hyuk is one of a kind.. his voice.. his smile.. his aura...

I'm glad to see new names.. welcome to the thread @hibiscus23! I can feel that you caught the Jin HYuk virus--and as @booha said.. enjoy the feeling while its there.. we've been there too.. i remember back reading 200 pages of this thread back then and devouring all info and pics about him..

Welcome to the thread too @msrose122 ! I hope to read from you more often too.. I use my laptop and cp interchangeably for soompi.. sometimes its really difficult to post using the cp.. so i use it only for reading and lurking..

have a great day then hyukies... 

• Like 2

@ell4u hi n thx for your warm welcome! LOL i know i just recently discovered him while i was also looking for another cute actor Lee tae hwan who apparently worked with him in Pride & Prejudice n after finishing that i thought of searching for more CJH & again found Emergency Couple to watch N now his new drama Tunnel! Yeah i think you and @booha are right, i also hv this tendency of being in a situation where i'm into following a K actor but then once they don't do anymore projects i/we kinda ventured into another drama n found another one to follow hahaha so i guess it's quite typical for Kdrama addicts to feel that way! mind u while waiting for Tunnel to sub i also watched him N finished Daddy's Girl, now looking at Panda & Hedgehog hahaha call it insanity i guess! :)

Hi to @msrose122 i believe we're 2 newbies for CJH hahaha let's support him while we can!

Here's i saw from YT just now and hope this is not dup but i guess not if this is something new based from the date it was published.

apparently LMH is one of his best friends since the drama Heirs & brought CJH food for him & staff of Tunnel.

cr: Jun Ji Le from YT vids

cr KD Official from YT vids

On 4/12/2017 at 11:15 PM, msrose122 said:

@hibiscus23 panda and the hedgehog looks cute. i did not get to it yet..^^ but i love the ost that CJK sings for that drama. =)

@msrose122 i think it's cute yeah & i hvnt come across the ost in that one yet but i know i luv his singing voice :)

• Like 2

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Tunnel - Drama" Episode 8

photo839665.jpg

Grab a hanky and brace for a very personal, very emotional episode of "Tunnel - Drama". Seon-jae can no longer doubt Gwang-ho's identity and so our in-the-know duo becomes a trio. In the process of wrapping up a new case, Gwang-ho picks up on Yeon-sook's trail and finally gets to know her fate. Meanwhile, Jae-i notices the change of M.O in the serial killings just as Jeong Ho-yeong begins again, a decision which seems to be related to Seon-jae's contact with him.

Yeon-sook's (Lee Si-ah) fate being morbid is something I had been expecting ever since we saw hints of her child in Jae-i (Lee Yoo-young) and since Seong-sik's (Jo Hee-bong) original search. While we know that Gwang-ho's (Choi Jin-hyuk) return to the past can change it, this does not lessen the dramatic value of her death. That is because our hero's pain and his existential conundrum are still very real things in his life right now.

Gwang-ho and the old lady talking about his daughterGwang-ho wanting to protect Jae-i from witnessing a scary situation

This development raises new questions. Was the collision an accident and is Jae-i in any way connected to the serial killings? Someone is clearly stalking her. There is definitely more to this whole thing, but I am also intrigued by how her conclusions are the same as coroner Jin-woo's (Kim Min-sang-I). He is not a trained profiler, as far as we know, yet he understands exactly why the murders have begun again. He clearly has a secret, but is it related and/or sinister or neither?

Most importantly, we have confirmation that Jeong Ho-yeong's (Heo Sung-tae) alibi was false. The series keeps stating him as a single killer who changed his modus operandi, but a twist of two killers is still possible. We still have someone who apparently burned the case files, because this is fiction and we know that it was not just an accident. That someone is likely who killed Gwang-ho Junior (N) and someone whose face the drama has obviously shown already.

Ho-yeong revisiting Yi-soo's murder sceneSeong-sik and Seon-jae finding the latest victim

The problem is, the culprit has to be someone who was alive back then, who outranks young Gwang-ho and who had access to the files. The only sensible option would be Seong-sik. Bribery to bury the case is plausible and the young Gwang-ho being transferred to his precinct may not be a coincidence. However, would the drama really go there with a character it has painstakingly developed as kind and compassionate?

I do like that everything is connected, even if it will reveal harsh truths. Time travel with the addition of fate is actually the perfect built-in excuse for convenient plot writing. You cannot call all of these coincidences outrageous or lazily written when their very nature demands they just happen. I am very excited about the future and I hope that everything will make sense by the end.

"Tunnel - Drama" is directed by Sin Yong-hwi and Kim Seong-min-I, written by Lee Eun-mi-III and features Choi Jin-hyuk, Yoon Hyun-min and Lee Yoo-young.

Written by: Orion from 'Orion's Ramblings'

credit : Hancinema

• Like 3

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Apr. 10-16, 2017

Meanwhile, both Tunnel and new kid on the block Chicago Typewriter are both doing fairly well, though tvN just can’t seem to get a foothold in that weekend spot like it used to.

Saturday, Apr. 15      
Father Is Weird 13 KBS 22.8%
You’re Too Much 13 MBC 11.4%
Father, I’ll Take Care of You 44 MBC 13.7%
Sister Is Alive 1 SBS 6.6%
Sister Is Alive 2 SBS 6.6%
Strong Woman Do Bong-soon 16 JTBC 9.0%
Tunnel 7 OCN 3.9%
Chicago Typewriter 4 tvN 2.1%
Sunday, Apr. 16      
Father Is Weird 14 KBS
You’re Too Much 14 MBC
Father, I’ll Take Care of You 45 MBC
Tunnel 8 OCN

LINK here: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/04/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-apr-10-16-2017/

• Like 2

OCN’s “Tunnel” Turns Up The Intrigue As Drama Unfolds

Tunnel-Choi-Jin-Hyuk-Yoon-Hyun-Min.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Spoiler

Tunnel-Episode-8-1.jpg

Later, Park Kwang Ho meets an old acquaintance and finds out that his wife actually died 20 years ago in a car accident. Then the acquaintance mentions that the wife gave her daughter a whistle to blow in case of an emergency, just like how Park Kwang Ho gave his wife one.

Then, the scene changes to show a whistle on top of Shin Jae Yi’s (played by Lee Yoo Young) desk, revealing that she is Park Kwang Ho’s daughter.

Tunnel-Episode-8.jpg

Viewers have pointed out that the drama does a great job of accelerating the pace so that they are hooked, and it comes up with surprising twists like the one described above. Moreover, the drama does not just focus on the story of the main character. The mysterious plot of the serial killer Jung Ho Young (played by Heo Sung Tae) keeps viewers on the edge and adds more curiosity.

When “Tunnel” first aired, many viewers were skeptical because the drama may be similar to the popular tvN drama “Signal.” However, “Tunnel” deals with the present time and makes viewers sympathize with the main character due to his continuous search for his wife. Plus, there are so many unexplained clues that make viewers anticipate the unfolding of the drama.

Meanwhile, “Tunnel” is about a man from the 1980s that time slips to 2016 and tries to solve a serial murder case that started 30 years ago from the present. It airs every Saturday and Sunday at 10 p.m. KST.

Source (1) / soompi news

Spoiler

• Like 2

10 hours ago, willenette said:

*** I'm happy that Episode eight of the series recorded a viewership rating of 5.2 percent on Sunday, according to Nielson Korea. This is outpacing other programs in the same time slot. :lol:

@willenetteyes am happy too, i finished epis 8 and woah i'm really hooked to this drama - i nvr thot i would bc most kdramas i watched or watch wld hv more of the drama or romance genre but i chkd this out bc of our hyuk ssi guy and now i really am liking it! that scene on the stairs where Park was really emoting was very good acting of our CJH, i hope he wins an award for his role here! (this drama is well written - good writer) i hvnt seen signal tho i heard about it! let's hope that the success of his new drama stays at its peak! we're v happy for for our Jin hyuk ssi! he deserves it! :heart:

meantime that am waiting for next epis, am watching him in The Heirs :)

Spoiler

the preview shows SJY's frame got the whistle oh my goosebumps this is Park's daughter, i can't wait for nxt w/end's episode! am also happy that Sun Jae seems to have respect for him after finding out more of Park Kwang Ho's 30 yr span to the present!

• Like 2

Guest chaybags55
2 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

@booha thx for sharing those pix and @willenette for updating us on the ratings now & then! so happy for our guy! he's awesome in this latest episode! it was a touching scene N can't help but be teary-eyed for him about his wife! ooopps not a spoiler i didn't reveal the details :)

2 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

@booha thx for sharing those pix and @willenette for updating us on the ratings now & then! so happy for our guy! he's awesome in this latest episode! it was a touching scene N can't help but be teary-eyed for him about his wife! ooopps not a spoiler i didn't reveal the details :)

Agree @hibiscus23 , I cried too, n cjh is really good in crying n he looks handsome still hehe. Wish the rating still goes up to 8, so there will be a concert .. I remember in EC, the drama got 5 pct, and TVN gave us a concert, right? 

Hugs to all hyukie ladies!

4 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

@willenetteyes am happy too, i finished epis 8 and woah i'm really hooked to this drama - i nvr thot i would bc most kdramas i watched or watch wld hv more of the drama or romance genre but i chkd this out bc of our hyuk ssi guy and now i really am liking it! that scene on the stairs where Park was really emoting was very good acting of our CJH, i hope he wins an award for his role here! (this drama is well written - good writer) i hvnt seen signal tho i heard about it! let's hope that the success of his new drama stays at its peak! we're v happy for for our Jin hyuk ssi! he deserves it! :heart:

meantime that am waiting for next epis, am watching him in The Heirs :)

Reveal hidden contents

the preview shows SJY's frame got the whistle oh my goosebumps this is Park's daughter, i can't wait for nxt w/end's episode! am also happy that Sun Jae seems to have respect for him after finding out more of Park Kwang Ho's 30 yr span to the present!

Hi hibiscus, I hope so, too - CJH is putting so much hard work on his comeback drama. Oh, so, you're watching "The Heirs" - This is a good drama with Lee Min Ho. It’s an easy watch that’s filled with cute moments.  It's just that there are so many things I would like to wish for in this show - If I had my way, I’d have liked to have had more screen time dedicated to resolving the tension and bad blood between Tan and Won. (LMH & CJH) - :lol:

• Like 2

Hi all, I think CJH has gained so much style and recognition for his acting. He is definitely one talented actor, I wish he would remain recognised as this. He has so many potential and I really look forward to his future role. I started following him when he was in Pride and Prejudice and was looking forward to his comeback drama after his army. I am so glad he takes on Tunnel , a crime genre drama because he is able to develop on acting and the character. @hibiscus23 Yes I want him to win the award that he deserves. He is one of the most underrated actor, I wish more people will be able to see his talent. :) 

• Like 3

@willenette   Thank you for many updates.  I’m so relieved to see the ratings moving up so far.  Thank goodness only once I felt disappointed with the rating.      Every time I checked the rating for each episode, I had to take a deep breath first.  haha  I really enjoy watching Tunnel.  It’s a good drama.  I’m happy for CJH because he needs a good break.  I read he was getting a lot of offers for his next project in drama and movie.  

@hibiscus23   Yesyes  I’m so happy to see Tunnel is getting  good ratings and in turn good reviews.  One  article mentioned that already CJH was getting a lot of offers on the next project for drama and movie.   

Btw You probably don’t know that CJH was from the southeast city Mokpo.  In this video which you posted (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoT3PDvdXY4) MC asked CJH how long he had been in Seoul and CJH said about 2 years.    I think he came to Seoul right after he finished his high school.  It means CJH was about 21 when he appeared in the show(?)   I didn’t realize how young he was then.  I watched this video before but somehow I missed that.

CJH and Donghae are both from Mokpo.  So they got pretty close when they first met in Daddy’s Girl(2010/2011).  You noticed too that they seemed to have a good chemistry in the drama.  So I could see how CJH was with Donghea in Panda&Hedgehog(2012).  Well I watched this drama with a lot of forward motion.  hehe    I know that CJH had a hard time during this period. Maybe at the time he didn’t have many options about what kind of dramas he could have?   Thank goodness he got a real major break with GFB after P&H.  CJH has a very interesting career. One can say  CJH has a kdrama  career. 

@wildaffairs    Hi  Thank you for cheering CJHssi. He needs it after what he went through.  I too enjoyed watching Pride & Prejudice.   It’s so nice to see his comeback drama Tunnel has been good.  

lP2gvK7.gif

• Like 2

2 hours ago, booha said:

@willenette   Thank you for many updates.  I’m so relieved to see the ratings moving up so far.  Thank goodness only once I felt disappointed with the rating.      Every time I checked the rating for each episode, I had to take a deep breath first.  haha  I really enjoy watching Tunnel.  It’s a good drama.  I’m happy for CJH because he needs a good break.  I read he was getting a lot of offers for his next project in drama and movie.  

@hibiscus23   Yesyes  I’m so happy to see Tunnel is getting  good ratings and in turn good reviews.  One  article mentioned that already CJH was getting a lot of offers on the next project for drama and movie.   

Btw You probably don’t know that CJH was from the southeast city Mokpo.  In this video which you posted (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoT3PDvdXY4) MC asked CJH how long he had been in Seoul and CJH said about 2 years.    I think he came to Seoul right after he finished his high school.  It means CJH was about 21 when he appeared in the show(?)   I didn’t realize how young he was then.  I watched this video before but somehow I missed that.

CJH and Donghae are both from Mokpo.  So they got pretty close when they first met in Daddy’s Girl(2010/2011).  You noticed too that they seemed to have a good chemistry in the drama.  So I could see how CJH was with Donghea in Panda&Hedgehog(2012).  Well I watched this drama with a lot of forward motion.  hehe    I know that CJH had a hard time during this period. Maybe at the time he didn’t have many options about what kind of dramas he could have?   Thank goodness he got a real major break with GFB after P&H.  CJH has a very interesting career. One can say  CJH has a kdrama  career. 

@wildaffairs    Hi  Thank you for cheering CJHssi. He needs it after what he went through.  I too enjoyed watching Pride & Prejudice.   It’s so nice to see his comeback drama Tunnel has been good.  

lP2gvK7.gif

Hi booha, I'm happy that he's getting a lot of offers. You see, ratings from a drama bring along recognition, and recognition is directly associated with CF contracts. For some, this could be a sufficiently sweet reward for lost sleep during drama filming. :lol:

• Like 4