Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [completed JTBC Drama 2024]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

8 minutes ago, willenette said:

hibiscus, actually, I haven't watched this old drama. And I just knew recently that he starred in it. I heard that it didn't do well during its airing. They say that it's watchable despite its numerous weaknesses, though. It's a melodrama series. Kim Tae-ho was his launching name as an actor but he began using the name "Choi Jin-hyuk" some years ago prior to the airing of this drama.  This was his first leading role.  :lol:

@willenette u know i heard of daddy's girl while it was airing but didn't watch it either coz i think the title (sometimes in kdramas) didn't really catch my interest, however now that he's in it i started watching it :) Yeah i watched yday HT variety show w/him in it & i think it was in this show or the other show i was watching that they did mention that his real name was KTH but he changed it to Choi jin hyuk now! i hv to know more about him hahaha thx for the info! i first saw him in P&P bc i was following Lee tae hwan but he did caught my eye N now i've been glued to his old projects as well :)

• Like 1

Guest chaybags55
38 minutes ago, hibiscus23 said:

@willennette ah really? sorry to hear that, i hope his therapy helps completely! thx for the recap/photos! i hvnt seen epis 4 yet as i got bz watching daddy's girl :)

@chaybags55 in daddy's girl i luv that song he did in epis 9 wld u happen to know the title? i can't seem to find it on YT :( thx chingoo

@hibiscus23 ost iodg , he sang in ep 9 title is ..enough to die.. Enjoy listening...

1 hour ago, hibiscus23 said:

@willenette u know i heard of daddy's girl while it was airing but didn't watch it either coz i think the title (sometimes in kdramas) didn't really catch my interest, however now that he's in it i started watching it :) Yeah i watched yday HT variety show w/him in it & i think it was in this show or the other show i was watching that they did mention that his real name was KTH but he changed it to Choi jin hyuk now! i hv to know more about him hahaha thx for the info! i first saw him in P&P bc i was following Lee tae hwan but he did caught my eye N now i've been glued to his old projects as well :)

hibiscus, I invested some hours of my time on this drama.  The last episode of "Pride and Prejudice" had one scene that made me cry. That scene where there were two little boys with similar clothes on whom the bad guys had kidnapped because they couldn't tell them apart. Aside of course from CJH, I also watch this because like legal dramas. :lol:

• Like 2

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Apr. 3-9, 2017

Saturday, Apr. 8      
Father Is Weird 11 KBS 22.3%
You’re Too Much 11 MBC 9.9%
Father, I’ll Take Care of You 42 MBC 11.2%
Our Gap-soon 60 SBS 14.6%
Our Gap-soon 61 SBS 20.1%
Strong Woman Do Bong-soon 14 JTBC 8.6%
Tunnel 5 OCN 3.5%
Chicago Typewriter 2 tvN 2.8%
Sunday, Apr. 9      
Father Is Weird 12 KBS
You’re Too Much 12 MBC
Father, I’ll Take Care of You 43 MBC
Tunnel 6 OCN

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/04/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-apr-3-9-2017/

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, willenette said:

hibiscus, I invested some hours of my time on this drama.  The last episode of "Pride and Prejudice" had one scene that made me cry. That scene where there were two little boys with similar clothes on whom the bad guys had kidnapped because they couldn't tell them apart. Aside of course from CJH, I also watch this because like legal dramas. :lol:

@willenette got bz continuing with daddy's girl N his role here was so kind N cool! he was looking so young though N i believe he's more handsome now than before! ahh that scene i know i remember that too, there was also a scene that i got teary-eyed with LTH's scene but i can't recall I guess it was when he slowly recalls how his mother died!  likewise i've been a huge fan of legal dramas, u must also watch Remember that's a good legal drama too with yoo seung hoo (another great actor)! u may hv watched a lot of CJH's drama if you'd been a long time fan like our chingoo here @chaybags55 

like i told u guys am a new fan of CJH so i'm a newbie on this thread but i've been a soompi addict hahaha! anyway, i think epis 5 of tunnel is subbed so i'm gonna jump to that tomorrow! :)

TTYL

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hibiscus23 said:

@willenette got bz continuing with daddy's girl N his role here was so kind N cool! he was looking so young though N i believe he's more handsome now than before! ahh that scene i know i remember that too, there was also a scene that i got teary-eyed with LTH's scene but i can't recall I guess it was when he slowly recalls how his mother died!  likewise i've been a huge fan of legal dramas, u must also watch Remember that's a good legal drama too with yoo seung hoo (another great actor)! u may hv watched a lot of CJH's drama if you'd been a long time fan like our chingoo here @chaybags55 

like i told u guys am a new fan of CJH so i'm a newbie on this thread but i've been a soompi addict hahaha! anyway, i think epis 5 of tunnel is subbed so i'm gonna jump to that tomorrow! :)

TTYL

hibiscus, ye, I've watched all of his dramas except the one I told you earlier - the "daddy's girl". :lol:

• Like 2

fbab295ea8b4ab734e372704e895d935.jpg

so cute! this was in EC drama hahahaha (cr: pinterest collection)

@willenette ahh yes u didn't see DG drama but are u planning to? his role in this drama is really nice & just love his charac in DG! i also plan to see him in the other drama Daughter Flower something? FTL & Goo Family hehehe

http://new-img1.cosmochina.com.cn/cosmo/128/159/liVpLemPa8vFI.gif

LOL not sure where this one was but thx to cr: relations.cosmopolitan

Choi-Jin-Hyuk-image-choi-jin-hyuk-365713

• Like 2

@hibiscus23    Both my thumbs up for your postings of pictures/videos/gifts.   They made me smile.    I wonder if you find a new muse in CJH ssi.  If so enjoy while it lasts. hehe  :tongue:    aMqnr5i.gif

YAFAsIf.png

GTree FB:  G-Tree Creative

2017년 4월 9일은 최진혁 배우의 데뷔 11주년! 지트리도 잊지않은 데뷔일을 같이 축하해봐요. #앞으로도_꽃길만_걸으세요
2017年4月9日为演员崔震赫的出道11周年!G-tree也没有忘,大家一起祝贺一下吧~ #希望你的大发
9th, Apr. 2017 is actor Choi Jinhyuk's debut 11th anniversary date. G-tree also did not forget about it, let's celebrate him together~ #HopeYourFlowerWalk

2017年4月9日、チェ・ジンヒョクのデビュー11周年。 G-treeもそれを忘れていなかったので、一緒にお祝いしましょう〜 #HopeYourFlowerWalk

UWcjpF7.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSoOxoTD_5M/?taken-by=winter_onlyu

qvWuxEl.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, msrose122 said:

@hibiscus23

hi~ totally enjoying all the pics and videos you are posting!! 

thank you!! :D

i'm pretty new too...^^ compared to other members here.

welcome!!

@msrose122 hi glad u enjoy the pix/vids :) ur welcome, so we're both a newbie on this CJH thread hehehe i know the others here imagine since 2014 like our chingoos @booha, @willenette & others i hvnt met thru names! btw thx @willenette for sharing the ratings of dramas, how come tunnel is only 3.5? let's hope a lot of ppl still support his new drama!

@booha hehehe thx chingoo i luv the postings u go there too daebak (great)! Did you make that collage woah - so Apr 9th is his debut anniv?  i'm really liking it! He's got a cute smile! we'll try our best to make his thread going n going like the energizer battery :)  LOL he deserves so much from his fans, i think he's really a great guy! am still trying to finish his first drama i believe Daddy's Girl n then i'll continue with Tunnel!

oh yes is the answer that i find a new muse in him! hahaha i sure will enjoy it as u said 'while it lasts! DogLOL.gif~c200

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

so cute! this was in EC drama hahahaha (cr: pinterest collection)

@willenette ahh yes u didn't see DG drama but are u planning to? his role in this drama is really nice & just love his charac in DG! i also plan to see him in the other drama Daughter Flower something? FTL & Goo Family hehehe

http://new-img1.cosmochina.com.cn/cosmo/128/159/liVpLemPa8vFI.gif

LOL not sure where this one was but thx to cr: relations.cosmopolitan

Hi hibiscus, thanks for sharing the photos.  I watched "EC" mainly for CJH.  IDK why this drama was so poorly received by the Koreans that it only averaged about 5% rating shares throughout the whole thing! And I felt sad & bad for him because for me, it was a good drama. Besides, I love medical dramas. . Choi Jin-hyuk in particular is a standout in this drama – but I felt that the ending was not so great.  At least they made it realistic and the ending finally fits the title of the drama. The pacing was too slow in some parts (specifically in the latter half once they get in the "real" stuff, which happens to most dramas) but, I enjoyed this series to the end. The story of "Emergency Couple" isn't anything new. I think the biggest winners of this drama are our OTP: Oh Chang-min and Oh Jin-hee, played by Choi Jin-hyuk and Song Ji-hyo respectively. They are the glue of the drama and without them, it wouldn't be great. Their chemistry was superb. Although, aside from the main lead, I didn't feel attached to the other characters all too much. There were just a handful of characters that didn’t seem to serve much purpose.  But, despite these little pet peeves of mine, the drama, regardless of its flaws, was very enjoyable to watch. From the beginning, the drama aimed to be something different, something what we would hardly ever see in most dramas out there. :lol:

About, "DG", I'll try to find time to watch this. I guess you're referring to his other drama, "My Daughter the Flower" - It's kinda old one, too. This is about a mother and daughter who are not blood related. I wasn't able to finish this because it's a long EP drama. It's a very long for a modern time drama, so the story got a little bit drag in the middle. :tongue:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hibiscus23 said:

@msrose122 hi glad u enjoy the pix/vids :) ur welcome, so we're both a newbie on this CJH thread hehehe i know the others here imagine since 2014 like our chingoos @booha, @willenette & others i hvnt met thru names! btw thx @willenette for sharing the ratings of dramas, how come tunnel is only 3.5? let's hope a lot of ppl still support his new drama!

@booha hehehe thx chingoo i luv the postings u go there too daebak (great)! Did you make that collage woah - so Apr 9th is his debut anniv?  i'm really liking it! He's got a cute smile! we'll try our best to make his thread going n going like the energizer battery :)  LOL he deserves so much from his fans, i think he's really a great guy! am still trying to finish his first drama i believe Daddy's Girl n then i'll continue with Tunnel!

oh yes is the answer that i find a new muse in him! hahaha i sure will enjoy it as u said 'while it lasts! DogLOL.gif~c200

hibiscus, in cable dramas, 1% of viewer’s ratings are a standard win. Keep in mind that shows from major broadcasting networks tend to receive higher Nielsen ratings than the ones from cable networks because not as many have access to cable channels. :lol:

• Like 2

*** I love this drama. This is a good show. :lol:

“Tunnel” Climbs Up In Ratings As More Cases Are Tackled

tunnel-e1491855656477.jpg

After starting off with impressive ratings, OCN’s weekend drama “Tunnel” continues to attract viewers with its latest episode.

According to Nielsen Korea, the sixth episode that aired on April 9 garnered a national average of 4 percent in viewership ratings and a highest recorded rating of 4.8 percent. The fifth episode had recorded a national average of 3.5 percent.

Spoiler

On this episode of “Tunnel,” detectives Park Kwang Ho (played by Choi Jin Hyuk) and Kim Sun Jae (played by Yoon Hyun Min) launched an investigation into a case of identity theft. They soon found out that six other victims had gone through similar cases during the previous year. After examining the related incidents and looking for connections between them, the detectives managed to arrest the suspect, who confessed to committing the crimes out of jealousy. The episode then ended with Kim Sun Jae growing suspicious of Park Kwang Ho’s true identity.

Watch the first episode of “Tunnel” on Viki!

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, willenette said:

hibiscus, in cable dramas, 1% of viewer’s ratings are a standard win. Keep in mind that shows from major broadcasting networks tend to receive higher Nielsen ratings than the ones from cable networks because not as many have access to cable channels. :lol:

@willenette ah i see woah so that's good to hear! thx for this good/informative news about the latest viewership rating! we shld be happy for our guy then :D...that sure made sense since not v many ppl got cable! i hvnt seen epi 5 since i got engrossed with daddy's girl! :)

willenette - i also enjoyed watching EC drama bc of our OTP, i agree w/u the other characters were not as interesting for me either and while watching CJH & SJH i really feel their good chemistry, and so glad in the middle of the drama that Chang min had mellowed with Jin hee character as his ex wife, i thought those sweet moments with these two were very touching & somehow realistic! in one of his interviews he indicated that a lot of ppl assumed it's just an ordinary medical drama but accdg to CJH himself it's a romance/comedy type of thing and i think he's right! yes that old drama i read is about 131 or so episodes so not sure i'll be able to endure that but if anything i just wanted to see it bc of him! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Tunnel - Drama" Episode 6

My wish to be given time for processing all of our information is granted, because episode six of "Tunnel - Drama" takes a break from exploring the persons involved in the standalone cases and instead uses its new crime to progress the main plot and tease at more possible killers. I see suspects everywhere, some of which are faces we know from the past and some of which might still be hidden.

Let me dive into the ever-growing list of shady characters, starting with Jae-i (Lee Yoo-young). This episode addresses her past, but not her present. Her behavior has been odd, such as showing up at the rest stop in the previous episode. Who called her there? Gwang-ho's (Choi Jin-hyuk) attraction to her as a protector must mean something and so does her living with him. Let us also not forget that she almost burned the apartment, something she was disturbingly calm about for someone with her past.

Gwang-ho following Jae-iCoroner Mok and Seon-jae

As for the serial killings, we have a few possibilities. For one, I do not believe Jeong Ho-yeong (Heo Sung-tae) is the one or only one, as we would have seen his face. We also know Jeong had an alibi for at least one past murder, unless someone lied for him. Remember the student Gwang-ho interrogated for killing animals? "Tunnel - Drama" clearly wants us to look back and this complicates things in interesting ways. Are we dealing with one person or not? Did they also time travel or not?

Then we have coroner Mok Jin-woo (Kim Min-sang-I), his infatuation with Gwang-ho and his ominous talk of hiding in plain sight before the series cuts to Reporter Oh's (Yang Zu-ho) lookalike. Add to this Jae-i's creepy mentor, Hong Hye-won (Mun Suk), and we have quite a few possibly related people. Most importantly, we have the fate of modern day Gwang-ho (N). Why did an officer not call for help or drive to safety? Could his killer be someone who outranked him and perhaps the one who buried the case of Seon-jae's (Yoon Hyun-min) mother?

Gwang-ho and Seon-jae remembering their past during a funeralSeong-sik giving Gwang-ho a smartphone

Now that the young officer is dead, Seon-jae and Gwang-ho are getting closer to figuring out each other's identity and I wonder how they will deal with it. What will convince Seon-jae of the fact that Gwang-ho is a time traveler connected to his mother's death? Seong-sik (Jo Hee-bong) has personal experience with Gwang-ho to rely on, but Seon-jae was just a baby when they last met. Perhaps Seon-jae's father (Kim Jung-hak) will be the key.

Aside from Seon-jae's reaction, there are clearly a lot of skeletons in several closets. Now that the modern day Gwang-ho has been found, keeping our Gwang-ho in the precinct will be very hard, so I wonder where the series will be going with this revelation in practical terms as well. Between Jeong Ho-yeong's return, Jae-i's odd behavior and Gwang-ho's compromised identity, we have plenty to look forward to.

"Tunnel - Drama" is directed by Sin Yong-hwi and Kim Seong-min-I, written by Lee Eun-mi-III and features Choi Jin-hyuk, Yoon Hyun-min and Lee Yoo-young.

Written by: Orion from 'Orion's Ramblings'

credit : Hancinema

• Like 2