Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

The you tube account is not active anymore so we can't see the clip, so sad :( 
But Bity uploaded in dailymotioncr: Bity Sso
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x23xwyp_preview-real-men-female-soldiers-special_tv

OK, she uploaded a new photo on her Instagram account. I am glad she did. I was beginning to feel like she was enlisted in the military service for real. No news, no photos nothing. :D

tumblr_nam9n5vg4M1sdd1ivo1_500.png

She looks a little tired or sad. I want to see her smile again.

class="content-title" style="font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Stars Appearing on “Real Men” Female Soldier Special to Reveal Real Weight, Height, and Bare Facesdeedeegii August 22, 2014 
real-men-female-soldier.jpg

On the MBC variety program “Real Men’s” female soldier special, the cast members will be revealing their real weight (not just their profile weight), as well as their complete bare faces (no makeup).

According to MBC on August 22, the stars who have taken up the challenge to become female soldiers will unveil how much they weigh, as well as their faces without any makeup, to viewers on the upcoming August 24 broadcast.

The members—Hong Eun HeeKim So YeonRa Mi RanGirl’s Day HyeriG.NAPark Seung Hee, and Maeng Seung Ji—have all gathered together at a training camp, each with their own individual goals for becoming a female soldier. The very first difficulty the members faced upon entering the camp was measuring their height and weight, which caused them to be completely taken aback by the unexpected task.

Following the physical examination, there were even cases in which the members’ weights turned out to be more than what was stated on their profile. Hyeri jokingly said, “I weighed more due to the weight of the mic,” while actress Kim So Yeon explained, “It’s because I wore too many layers of clothing.” :))

These female stars’ bare faces, which is usually a rare sight on television, was also revealed for the cameras. You can look forward to the broadcast of the female soldier special of “Real Men” on August 24 at 6:30 PM (KST).

http://www.soompi.com/2014/08/22/stars-appearing-on-real-men-female-soldier-special-to-reveal-real-weight-height-and-bare-faces/#comments

201408221248270410_11.jpg

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201408221248270410

MBC Live Stream 

http://kr.wubisheng.cn/html/hanju/zxtv/mbc.html...
http://www.tvjaew.com/tv/mbc-kr1.html
http://www.iyatv.com/Entertainment/MBC-HD/
http://www.thaiptv.com/channel-mbc.html
http://www.tvzza.com/ys-mbc/hd/
http://tv.pokpik.com/
http://kpop24hrs.com/watch-kbs-mbc-sbs-online/

Thanks, Minkie, for the links. I read the article using Google translator yesterday and yes, I understood perfectly that So Yeon was shocked about her real weight, trying to make excuses. :))  We all know that our weight doesn`t remain the same every time so I will not be shocked to hear what is her real weight. If she gained a little after INR3 (she was too skinny there) the better. Anyway who cares about that? All 7 ladies are beautiful without make up and with their real weight.

New stills. So Yeon is doing pushups, she is running. She tries anyway. :D

10314621_921656051184458_242050963474625

I don`t know how the other girls are doing but I know how hard it is for someone not used to physically training. (a funny fact... I barely can do one pushup myself :))  It`s like watching myself in this show. X_X )

Guest bityxu

class="content-title"Kim So Yeon, G.NA, and Others Have a Hard Time on Military Women Special of “Real Men”

lovelymorning | August 23, 2014

illtNvv692mjK.jpg

In the upcoming episode of “Real Men,” seven female celebrities will enter the military to receive training in the army.

Prior to the beginning of training, all of the members had to go through a physical test.

Kim So Yeon, who has kept an image of a tough heroine through her role in the drama IRIS, surprised everyone by failing to pass all of her physical tests. Unlike her action-packed roles in the dramas, she failed to pass the sit-up test, push-up test, and running test.

The other members showed a different character from their normal selves as well. The eldest, actress Ra Mi Ran, who has a strong image with a great speaking ability, showed tears during every training session, getting herself the nickname of “crybaby Mi Ran.” Hong Eun Hee was the fastest to adapt to the military life due to the coaching of her husband, Yoo Joon Sang, who served in the Lee Ki Ja unit (one of the most difficult to endure). However, despite having a fast knowledge of the way things worked in the army, her body did not willingly follow her directions.

Singer G.NA and comedian Maeng Seung Ji are anticipated to become pretty clumsy soldiers. G.NA especially, is like Henry, doing and saying a lot of unexpected things, making the other members anxious. Similarly, Maeng Seung Ji is unpredictable, as well, the members not knowing what she’ll do next.

Unlike the other members, however, short track athlete Park Seung Hee excelled in every obstacle like a gold medalist and was thus given the image of the best solider within the group, as expected.

Meanwhile, this episode will air this upcoming Sunday, August 24 on MBC. Is anyone tuning in?

cr: soompi

----------

Poor girl :( We all know our Sso fitness is really weak, how can she bear such nightmare physical test :-S Anyway, we haven't seen she cried as others, specially “crybaby" Ra Mi Ran ^^''

Thanks @bityxu for the article.

I am not surprised of what I read. It reinforces what I already thought. All the girls except the athlete are weak physically because they are not doing regular exercises.  There are women who are doing fitness or aerobics( not occasionally)  and they are in a good form. Just looking on the pictures I already figured out that it is not the case with the girls in this show. I laughed when I read about people were surprised  that KSY failed to pass all of her physical tests. So Yeon is not Sun Hwa. I remember when So Yeon was filming an AD after Iris days. She was in good form physically. She gained muscular mass after a couple of months training for the role. So, exept for the athlete, who by the way is doing exercises every day, an intense training, for the rest of the girls this show is a nightmare. Everybody knows (I suppose) that for these women it is necessary to do training every day but gradually until they reach a good tonus. So after a month of training we could see some results but not after 4 days of filming. I am afraid this special episode is a failure in my opinion if they show just some women trying but failing military exercises. If they show how they can overcome the challenges I will change my mind. I can see people complaining that women are not for military because they whine  bla bla bla. There are women perfectly capable in military service so maybe they will show them too.

I agree with you  larus.  I hope they show more episodes that show the ladies have improved. I don't want them to air 2 or 3  episodes where they are all struggling and then end it quickly.  [-(

I just saw the whole thing. First episode and first impressions. OK. It is a variety show. I laughed, really laughed. I like the female officer. The other officers are really patient and I think they have seen clumsy recruits before. :)

So Yeon was physically the weakest among the girls. I knew she failed all the tests but it was a disaster.  I think she is weaker than me but I would have failed along with her. :)) I think she will struggle with all the physical assignments. She can`t recuperate this disadvantage in such a short time, but she put herself in this challenge. I will wait for the subs and I am waiting for the next episode as well.

PS: They presented So Yeon in opposition with her tough characters (Sun Hwa and Jae Kyung) and that demonstrated that she was right when she said that she is like Ma Hye Ri in real life. Some people did not believe her! :))

The first ep. was better than I expected  ;) Love her style before went to army. Too cute  :x  For me, I have no doubt Soyeon didn't past physical tests while she is kind of woman who doesn't like workout ^^" (She used to say in Win Win variety 2010) But I didn't think she was the last ranking in all test  :PHow pitiful our girl especially push up test she look too suffering. Next weeks the training seem so much more serious then this. That's why she cries  :(( Be strong Soyeon ssi  \m/
Some screen captures from online mass
1408874895794.jpg

restmb_jhidxmake.jpg

201408241912451210_1.jpg

201408241958250410_1.jpg

credit : Naver

@minkie_p: Is this show translated?

I liked the first episode more than I expected too. So Yeon was caught with the cookie in her hand.  :D She should have eaten faster. I want to know what she said about that cookie in the interview. She even packed it. :))

Yeah, the real training is coming. It is tough. Now I am convinced that So Yeon was that girl on the ground. She was exhausted. Poor Sso! :(

@larus I'm not sure about subtitle translations but as much as I've searched in previous episode of this program. I found nothing while I know not much about Korean variety show :-S  Anyway hopefully some English translations will be release this soon.
According to netizen comment which I read on portal site. There are many encourage comment to SY :D At first I'm worry a bit that some viewers maybe disappoint because of our girl not strong as much as her image on screen haha~

minkie_p said: @larus I'm not sure about subtitle translations but as much as I've searched in previous episode of this program. I found nothing while I know not much about Korean variety show :-S  Anyway hopefully some English translations will be release this soon.
According to netizen comment which I read on portal site. There are many encourage comment to SY :D At first I'm worry a bit that some viewers maybe disappoint because of our girl not strong as much as her image on screen haha~

Another short video from Real Men Women edition show.

The girls without make up. They are still lovely. One girl has false eyelashes. The officer pulled them to see if  she really can not take out.

:D

So Yeon without make up.

tumblr_natdkyM0dH1sdd1ivo3_500.png

The physical test. Really hard for our girl.