Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

stuartjmz said: Up much later than I should be rewatching my favourite bits of Dr Champ again thanks to a certain someone changing his profile pic, I couldn't help thinking how great it would be if they could do another Drama together. Their long CF partnership, and her attending his wedding, show that their offscreen friendship translates very well to great onscreen chemistry. It's been four years already, how great would it be if Korean audiences could accept a rematch? :)

I like this picture. Don`t like tattoos but it was from a lovely scene.

tumblr_n7o78f6mme1sdd1ivo1_500.jpg

It is from a music video of KCM (a Korean singer) with Kim So Yeon and Kim Seung Woo. They appeared together in Iris after that MV.  Talk about past co-stars. They became friends off-screen too. He invited her to his Win Win show ( he was one of the moderators) and he called her on the phone in the variety show 1 Night 2 Days. I would like to see them together in a drama again.

• 2 weeks later...

larus

said: I thought So Yeon mentioned about her next project in this event too.   I read the press release about the fan meeting and Namoo said in the end that she is currently considering the next project. I am afraid it is a high probability that that phrase was just a clichee. Everybody says that but not always is true. I hope it is not the case here. We want to see her in a drama or movie or doing something meaningful.

About So Yeon`s participation on that kind of variety shows, I agree with her mom. A big NO for them. She better concentrate on her acting career and her private life.

minkie_p said:

This year, it seems most stars of Namoo Actor cooperated with KBS. Our girl hasn’t joint in any project with KBS since her master piece “IRIS”. It sound great if she’ll appear on screen with KBS once again in 5 years. Honesty, I really excite when writernim and PDnim of Dr.Champ gonna be have a new project this year while I love Dr.Champ and hope SY will reunite with them in one day. But the plot story is not my cup of tea and it seems female lead would be idol :-<

She's going to be playing soldier? Whre do I enlist?

Kim So Yeon, Hong Eun Hee, Ra Mi Ran, Girls' Day's Hyeri, G.NA....join in 'Real Men' Special Lady

The lineup for the female soldier special of MBC's 'Real Men' has been revealed!

The lineup will include 7 women, including Girls' Day's Hyeri, G.NA, actresses Kim So Yeon, Hong Eun Hee, Ra Mi Ran, comedian Maeng Seung Ji, and short track skater Park Seung Hee.

The 7 women will 'enlist' on the 4th at the army training center, and receive all training to become female officers. Just like the usual male version, the girls will go through the same intense army training.

The 'female soldier' special will air in August (or September).

Source: Naver & allkpop

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/08/female-soldier-special-of-real-men-to-feature-girls-days-hyeri-gna-more

@stuartjmz: Thanks for the news. She will do a variety show? Oh, NOOOO, I want to see her in dramas. But it is not entirely a bad news for me, it could have been worst. A program like We Got Married or Roommate or something.  It will be the female version of Real Man? I have to watch an episode of that show. I know that she lent her voice for an episode last year. Her Two Weeks costar, Ryu Soo Young, did that show, right? And he was shooting dramas as well. Oh, well.  The positive for me is that she will be on my screen, she will receive army training and that is good  maybe for future roles, she will do exercises and be in good form :D, she will be with her friend Hong Eun Hee ( I always like to see real friends bonding).  We`ll see.

August 4, 2014
Kim So Yeon, Girl’s Day’s Hyeri, G.Na and More Join ‘Real Man’ Female Soldier Special
CJ E&M enewsWorld Ko Hong Ju  Translation Credit : Yeawon Jung

MBC’s Real Man revealed the line up of its ‘female soldier’ special episode.
The upcoming ‘female soldier’ episode will depict the Korean female soldiers’ world realistically. Seven female stars, namely Kim So Yeon, Hong Eun Hee, Girl’s Day’s Hyeri, G.Na, Maeng Seung Ji and short track player Park Seung Hee, will be challenging themselves on Real Man
The female stars active in various fields, such as acting, singing, comedy and sports, will gather in one spot to present heart-warming moments and a unique form of entertainment.
72449002.jpg
They will be entering the army on August 4 and start receiving all training required to become female soldiers.
The special episode will air in August.
Photo credit: enews

@larus yes that was pretty much my reaction too - if it has to be a variety show, at least something a bit different and that might help with future roles, maybe even movie parts. A spy thriller in which she plays a military attaché sent to Wallachia would have at least one fan quietly pleased, I'm sure. 

class="content-title" style="font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Girl’s Day’s Hyeri, G.NA, and Kim So Yeon to Appear in Female Version of “Real Men”
20140804002495_0.jpg

Television station MBC has revealed that it is set to make a female version of its popular reality show, “Real Men.” Among the names already confirmed to take part are Girl’s Day member Hyeri, solo star G.NA and actress Kim So Yeon, famous for her roles in dramas such as “IRIS” and “All About Eve.”

MBC has also confirmed that comedienne Maeng Seung JiRa Mi Ran (star of the movie “Dancing Queen”), “The King’s Dream” star Hong Eun Hee and Olympic gold medal-winning skater Park Seung Hi will also take part in the show. 

Filming will begin for the show on August 4, and MBC says the special program will be aired sometime in September.

The network explained that the show would give viewers a never-seen-before glimpse into the lives of female soldiers. Producers said it would also show what life is like for female recruits living in barracks and going through tough military training exercises.

http://www.soompi.com/2014/08/03/girls-days-hyeri-g-na-and-kim-so-yeon-to-appear-in-female-version-of-real-men/