Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

Hi, @rubie ! I am glad that you will post again here. I know that you and @bityxu and others were keeping this thread alive. I `ve been lurking here until I decided to post so I know you are her supporter too.

About Iris 2. I think you loved very much the first series so it is better not to watch the sequel. You are a fan of LBH so, without him IRIS 2 will be a bad version of the first one. For me is different. I wasn`t a fan of Iris 1. Without Kim So Yeon I would probably not finished the drama. Kim Sun Hwa, Kim Hyun Jun, Park Choel Young, San Baek and the NK general were my favorites. I admit that Lee Byung Hun made Iris 1 working. Now that I watched it I am curious about some unanswered questions. I want to see Sun Hwa in Iris 2 but I have a feeling I will be disappointed like I was about Athena. Her cameo was short and without connection to the story. What was the point? I hoped that she will be the lead in the new series, but I guess not...How a North Korean spy would be the heroine? They could have made such a good drama but they lost the opportunity. I don`t think Taewon knows what is IRIS, what is going on in the series. They never had a vision about this show. I feel like they improvise all the time. Everything is stunts, action choreography but without substance. I don`t think I will like this version better than the first series but I will watched for some actors/characters.

Ray, the Iris guy who killed Hyun-jun is the same character that died on 20th episode? Maybe is the same actor but he was just an anonymous killer in Iris 1. I don`t remember him. I find him better than Sun Hwa being the sniper. I did not watch the movie but I saw the additional scenes. Sun Hwa being an Iris killer was another example of improvising. WTH?! It did not make any sense. The dead general gave orders to Sun Hwa?  As someone who loved her character in Iris I was upset. Who was that person? Many times I root for the bad guys/girls. So, I am not against Sun-Wha being an Iris character , but I want constancy and a good script. I doubt Taewon have a clue what they want.  

@rubie: Welcome back to the thread :D Great to see your post here.. That's okay, come post when you want to, its good that ur still checking for updates hehe  Hmm I haven't actually watched IRIS2 yet.. contemplating only if SY decides to cameo or a longer guest appearance.. BUT WHAT!? They changed the sniper to the English guy lol Oh my, then what was the point of the IRIS movie ?? I guess they are leaving it open if SunHwa decides to come back.. I absolutely agree with you, they made SunHwa looked like a cold assassin in the IRIS movie when she was loyal/sincere to KHJ in the IRIS drama.. So which version of SunHwa do they want us to believe in? Sigh...

@csfan: The Iris movie is pointless. I did not watch it. They wanted to make a short version of the drama and they needed a shock factor. They changed Sun-Hwa, because she was not the main lead, and they did not know who was the sniper in the first place. They did not know who Mr. Black was or what is Iris. Just my opinion. They lack creativity.

It`s a fact that there are the drama version and the movie version but only Sun Hwa is destroyed as character. People get confused. I think that the drama version is classic.

Mmm...many SY fans hope she will come back again as Sun Hwa in IR2, although we know Taewon surely just "use" Sun Hwa character as well as our SY to make viewers feel shock or something similar...

When finished Dr.Champ, SY left mess said that she would appear in Athena. But this time not as Athena, she will not appear again in IR2! Because SY said nothing about this in her last message on Feb.8 (one day after finish TGS). She just said, more than anyone, she wanted to quickly choose new project!

About the actress play Sun Hwa's sister, I have no idea because I don't watch IR2, but I also curious how can she describe "femme fatale" image, whether she can like "her older sister" in JW CF ?!! ^^''

iF9mSovi1cvoA.jpg

ibcVqR6r7MIAsn.jpg

Neighbor magazine Feb.2013 - cr : KSY baidu

I still hope that KSY will appear in Iris 2. Her character from Iris 1 can be integrating really nice in the new story. A cameo is still possible but she will decide if the producers would want her. She said she wants quickly a new project? So do I. A full project is much better than a cameo. I miss So Yeon on my screen. Please, please, other project this year!!!  

Besides the fact that Im Soo Hyang/ Kim Yeon Hwa  is too young for the role of secret agent, I like her character. The sister duo, Yeon Hwa and Sun Hwa, will be very interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone..wave.gif ..always good to read all your thoughts even though it's been slow at the thread lately. Can't wait for Soyeon's next project.. hope it will be something more exciting and deserving for our girl. We know she works hard every time no matter what her role is.. hopefully something really good will come, right! Especially in 2013.
Anyway..  hope it's ok that I'm sharing this fun fan poll if anyone is interested to join.. since KSY is now in second place in the poll.
Despite the train-wreck memory brought by IRIS, I still love the HJ-SH/LBH-KSY pairing in the drama and still hope despite the nil chances.. that they will work together again. Just once more. pwettybunny.gif LOL.

March 1, 2013
A multiple-answers poll but voting can be done once every month with no time limit. It's probably better for fans who had finally catch up with the dramas or movies listed and can choose their favourite pairings again. 
If interested, please check out the fan poll to vote for the best Lee Byung Hun on-screen pairing at EverythingLBH.com, any discrepancies is purely our own shortcoming.
Choose one or more that you felt the best and most memorable. wub2.gif
Fun Fan Poll: Best BH On-Screen Chemistry (click here)

poll_bestchem.jpg

Hey, I watch Iris 2 and they show a very small scene with our girl. The scene was from Athena, when she is crying for the lost of her family. I think KSY will make a cameo in this sequel. I hope is not just a wishful thinking.

Thanks @larus, we really appreciate the vote. Frankly, I've seen all the pairings listed on the poll (and some more not included) but I really adore and totally taken by Hyunjun-Sunhwa chemistry in IRIS despite not being the main pair. Most of the rest were main pairing from his dramas & movies but with KSY, who would have thought they had such awesome onscreen attraction .. without being anything romantic in the drama, to say the least. The one thing that Taewon never and did not even care to explore why IRIS (not the sequel) was a success was the fact that Sunhwa-Hyunjun delivered an incredible chemistry despite all the odds. They wanted to just stick and enforce one main love pairing (which ironically was the destructive type of romance) and that's it. I've read a lot of fan feedback that most really like the LBH-KSY connection more. But sigh. All that went down the drain with the movie version ending.
Well, this just a fun fan-poll.. right. ^^ Who knows.. they might collaborate again. I sure hope so.
Unfortunately there have been some not-so-good feedback about IRIS the sequel currently airing. I still hope KSY would not appear in this but if they're bringing the altered Athena character.. well, it's the production prerogative and Soyeon's decision to appear or otherwise. I just wished it would be a different and better project for her instead.

@rubie: I agree that KSY and LBH pairing was one of the best things in Iris. I am glad they had good scenes. I liked that they were not romantically involved in the story. Sun-Hwa had a crush on him, she was like a sad puppy most of the time but her story made sense. She evolved emotionally. They connect with each other. They became friends.He had feelings for her too. Not passionate feelings but he find her attractive as a woman. I hate when the script forced a destiny (like you have to love one person no matter what because he/she is the lead and the second lead have to die etc), but I am satisfied with their story. I don`t like the whole development of Sun-hwa (or the lack of it), she was a secondary character but I LOVED them together.

I agree about the sequel. I have to wait a little to see where they took Kim Seong woo`s character. I am starting to feel disappointed and I am worried about Sun-wha as well. I still want to see her. I am addicted to her presence. I would love a new project.

I've already voted for Hyun joon & Sun Hwa couple!!!~ Their strong chemistry in IRIS still captivating till now. Miss them
Thanks rubies for interesting activity ^^ 
Really like this AFY collections. Our girl so sweet and lively :-*

All For You 2013 Spring Collections

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

credit : AFY

^ Lovelovelove the new AFY pics with JGW & Soyeon-ssi! And the charming dog and cute cat, too. heart.gifSY gets to have "onscreen pets" that she couldn't have in real life. It's really good to see that both Dr. Champ actors have been endorsing AFY all the way since 2010.. simply awesome. Especially love that they have such great chemistry together.. lots of hsppy couple poses, too.
Thanks @minkie_p for the wonderful pictorial and for taking part in the fun fan poll. rbhcool.gif
Lets hope our wish will come true.. someday.

• 3 weeks later...

I love the pics for AFY Spring Collection. I love all the  clothes. I wear something like that.

So Yeon is quite lately. She did not have any events? I miss her. A new project will be nice.

Guest bityxu

ah ah, how long our So Yeon didn't appear, and how long I didn't come here, so sorry :\"> There're still not any info about her new project :-<  but we can see our girl still living well through her selca on me2day :-B

2013/3/7 5:48 PM
kimso1102_7978152341755294179.jpg

-------------

Recently she also took photos for Sure magazine ;)

SURE magazine April 2013

140BC344514853A72B70F4

20141A4251484E11377663

181A3C4251484E12284068

23346D4251484E13019C92

27158F4251484E133CA135

2732F74251484E1403C402

171ABC4251484E1529D9DD

1305874451484E161BF164

credit : Actress KSY Daum Cafe (Fanda)

P/S : In the interview on Sure, she said after "The Great Seer" finished (3 days), she already travelled to Singapore...I guess she went with her bf, haha :))

Ok, rested, travelled, now it's time to come back the screen, So Yeon ssi B-)

March 21, 2013
Women set new whiskey trends in Korea
By Cho Mu-hyun The Korea Times
130321_p19_women.jpg
Johnnie Walker Platinum label advertisement by Diageo Korea
Watch any old noir movie with a bar scene, and you’ll see a cigarette-smoking man in a well-tailored black suit ordering a glass of whiskey. The woman, usually a helpless object of desire in need of rescuing, sips a “virgin” pina colada.
A rising number of powerful and independent women in Korea are working to change that female stereotype. A new trend suggests that today, a woman is more likely to sit down next to a man and say, “What do you know about whiskey?”
The whiskey industry in Korea is going through massive changes as increasingly more companies market to women. Some of these companies believe women appreciate liquor better than men.
Women in their 20s and 30s, who grew up believing they are a man’s equal, are more inclined to spend and to participate in cultural activities.
“With the increased role of women with our society, they’ve also retained the role of deciding what the family drinks in occasions,” said an official for an overseas liquor producer operating in Seoul. “They are an important measurement for us for what kind of products consumer wants, and the de facto decision maker.”
According to the official, beer and wine were popular a few years ago, but now diverse brands of harder liquor are gaining recognition, especially among women.
“Everybody knows Korea’s is a heavy-drinking country, but the culture is rapidly changing to one that I could safely is more ‘refined,’ which is led by women,” he said.
“I’ve been in this industry for 10 years and the changes I’ve saw throughout the years is amazing,” said a bartender surnamed Jang at a popular bar in downtown Seoul. “When I started this job, there were no women at the bar. They would only drink liquor with over 40 percent alcohol content when they came in groups in more than five.”
“But nowadays they ask for Ballantine's, Johnnie Walker, Royal Salute, and Macallan. They sometimes know more brand names than me and it is very exciting as a server, to share the joy of drinking with my customers more intimately,” said the bartender.
Two of Diageo’s most popular brands are Johnnie Walker and Windsor, both of which have maintained a stronghold in the domestic market throughout the years.
“The general popularity of our whiskey brands is strong. But especially our Johnnie Walker Platinum brand is appealing heavily towards women with solid financial situations,” said a Diageo spokesman. “We’ve notched-up our promotion campaign accordingly and our commercials have been received well.”
In December, the company launched a new advertising campaign in newspapers and on social media. The campaign features film actress Kim So-yeon, who usually portrays tough women. It is meant to appeal to the market of women with strong leadership.
“The recent advertisement campaign featuring Kim So-yeon represents where the whiskey industry is headed. We hope that the advertisements usurp the old fixed perception that whiskeys are for middle-aged men but young, independent women can enjoy it too,” said Ben Farlow, marketing and innovation director of Diageo Korea.
Companies are also creating products to cater to this female niche. For example, Diageo has created Baileys Irish Cream for women who enjoy adding whiskey to sweet creams or ice creams.
“It is usually women that appreciate the different taste of individual brands than men here. They don’t go for that binge culture and want to know that they are spending on quality product when drinking,” said bartender Jang.
Lotte Hotel made a “ladies’ floor” for women in its Seoul branch to accommodate an increasing number of female-only events such as bridal parties.
“The demand from women is now just beginning here in Korea and we plan to continue our advertisement focused on this new consumer niche,” said the Diageo spokesman.

WOW, the Sure Magazine photos are awesome. I saw that there is an interview for that magazine. I wish somebody will translate it. So Yeon is such a beautiful talented woman.

@rubie: Thanks for the article about whiskey trend in Korea. I didn`t know there is a growing market in Korea about alcohol among women. I should not be surprised.I saw many kdramas where the men and women are drinking as much.
 More independent women the better. So Yeon was chose to represent woman with strong leadership.
:x