Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

Thanks,beautiful stills. I am sure that Hae-in and Ji-sang will have a happy ending on TGS. For me a cameo in IRIS is a must, not just a cameo but an entire story arc. I wish that she will do another drama or a movie this year. I don`t want to wait 2 years for another project.

Dr. Champ couple is so cute.

Thanks bityxu for the Dr Champ pics! I really liked the Dr Champ couple too hahah

Yeah I hope HI and JS have their deserved happy ending too!!! Now I hope the writers would not kill one of them, I am a bit worried since the latest episodes have killed of one of the favourites Ya Sook... As long as they have a happy ending, I am satisfied!

I was a tad disappointed at some awful remarks about KSY at the GS forum. It is a pity that her character is not getting a lot of the spotlight hence her acting is not at its fullest potential but there was no need to comment on her looks or so. I know everyone is entitled to have their own opinions but there is a better way to voice it.. Oh well, I will just let it go and continue to enjoy TGS. I love JS/HI pairing. I find JS and KSY to be matching appearance wise, they both got the mature look imho :x

@csfan: Don`t worry! Hi and Js will have a happy ending. It has to be this way. Their happiness will be the only one possible in the show.  Kdramas, especially sageuks, tend to make a tearing endings but I still remain optimistic.

I was disappointed by that remark too. I wish I had not seen it or ignore it. The people are so immature sometimes. The freedom of expression is a right but should not be confused with liberty to speak anything. This incident passed me very quickly but still wonder why people are so obsessed with youth and beauty instead to look at the qualities that matter most. I called it immaturity.
  JS and KSY look good together. I loved especially their mature look. The heroine on sageuks, with a few exceptions, are not in the spotlight. You can not show many emotions. The women are passive and have this majestic pose. Personally, her role has exceeded my expectation. I thought it would be much worst. Sageuks are not very generous with women.

@larus: hahah I am so thankful that I have you to vent out to lol Yeah I am trying to be optimistic and *fingers crossed* that they will have a happy ending. You may be right that theirs is the only possible happiness in the show. Banya/JG is impossible since JG life is in danger all the time and also he needs to redeem himself..

Yeah I really don't understand why some have to say such harsh uncalled comments for. I sort of ignored it considering bityxu already replied to it lol I personally think SY-sshi does not have the beauty that other actresses possess, but she's got such a charming endearing personality and on top of that, she does act really well (in particular strong female roles (eg IRIS) which regained her popularity thereafter). Anyways to each of their own. SY's role exceeded my expectations too, at least her role is not completely passive and is someone who has goals/ideals. I am thankful her character is not just there to look like a pretty wallflower...  

@csfan: I am glad to find here a couple of KSY`s fans :x

People watches movies for entertainment. Sometimes we look for depth but sometimes we look just for shallow things, but we know it. I have an explanation why some are so upset that an actor/actress doesn`t look up their expectation. The short version: immaturity.

I find KSY very beautiful and so photogenic. Yes, she is not a typical angelic beauty, like a princess or something, but this is what I like about her. She is a woman, not a baby face or a doll face. It`s good that there is many types of women. For an actress/actor the look is not enough. So Yeon has a charming personality and artistic talent. If I like an actor is because he/she has the whole package, and beauty is not the first criteria. I agree that she is suited for the mature roles, strong female characters. She was perfect in IRIS as the tormented spy. A little divagation here, I saw the teaser of Iris 2. Some of the characters are too young for the agents roles. Students with guns. :D  ( it is not a criticism about their appearance) but it is OK, I still look forward to see the drama. I will trust the casting staff. Maybe they will surprised me and they are suited for the role.

I am a fan of Kim So Yeon so I have the right to say: SHE ROCKS!

2013.2.3 : So Yeon me2day update

kimso1102_6326309294933216273.jpg

,마,지,막,녹,화,날^^*화,이,팅,,,,팅,,,^^ ★
Last shooting day ^^* Hwai,ting,,,,ting^^★

Despite of mindless remark of someone about our So Yeon, she's beautiful and talent, she's KSY we like! That's enough! B-)
(although I also super mad with that rude remark, feeling want to kill person! X( X(   I'm hot tempered! haha ^^'')

Finally, TGS already ended. Don't know why I breathe a sign of relief when this drama finish ?! #:-S From the time I stared to like SY, this's the first time I feel happy when her drama end! :| Ok, we're waiting her new project, it can be drama or movie, can be melo or rom-com or action...but not sageuk again, please!!!
^:)^

@larus: hahah I am glad I found another KSY fan :) She definitely rocks and I hope she continues to shine in her projects, whatever they are. I absolutely agree with someone from the TGS thread who said that given the limited material of HI character, SY-sshi has done well portraying a lively HI imho... I will probably take a peak at IRIS2 if SY does cameo in it....

@bityxu: hahah yes I did see your reply to the negative comments. That's why I did not reply since you already done that hehe yay! I am glad that they have finished filming safe and sound. I am sad to see TGS end but cannot wait to see HI/JS happy ending! Hahah sageuks are very unpredictable, it can either be very popular or not.. I don't mind what her next project is as long as she's happy to be in it and gets reasonable screentime hehehe I am sure she'll pick a character which is appealing and perhaps displaying her vast acting abilities. So far since IRIS, she has played quite different characters: Prosecutor princess (ditzy, clumsy), Dr Champ (uptight, workaholic) and now TGS (righteous, elegant). I am very satisfied with her current work resume    
:D

Thanks for the update! SY looks focused in that shot.... Aww I hope they celebrate after the finale regardless of the ratings. They deserve a pat in the back!

hehe...yeah, I don't like TGS drama but I like Ji - Hae couple and also want to see happy ending of them....

iOj9IfPwYoMeK.jpg

cr : baidu

This BTS pic on Feb.03 (the last shooting day of our SY), we can rather sure it's HE for Ji-Hae, haha....just don't know these children are their sons or not ?? (I think they're not HI own children ^^'')

---------

2013.02.05 So Yeon selcas at "The Great Seer" outdoor shooting place

viewimage.php?id=kimsoyeon&no=29bcc427b6

viewimage.php?id=kimsoyeon&no=29bcc427b6

cr : Sso DC

I think Hae In and Ji Sang will be end up together. For me, just "JiHae" scenes made me happy in this drama. Honesty, I like Ji Song not much and when I knew he took this role instead Ko Soo. I kept angry quite long because KS is one of my favorite actor but now I ship them!!! :)) Surprising their chemistry so intense especially episode 31such a great sweet moment and emotional scenes between them also superb!!! Love them :x

Ahhhh I'm so happy my suffering period will be ending this Thu. :D :-h As one of KSY fan. Her character in Dae Poong Soo is the weakest role I've even seen among all her jobs. I mean this role too plain , no challenge , no change to give her show her latency and limited material of character like you guys mention. So it's bothering myself so far. Our girl really bad luck to meet unskillful writers >:P I think Soyeon know the lack of character and maybe suffered as well, while netizen and reporters also mention about her lack screentime. By the way she fights till the end. Praise for her spirit :-*

Totally agree with larus strong character is the most perfect with Soyeon Ssi. Some fans said SY should comeback in IRIS2 to retrieve her fame ^^~* Do you agree?  ;;) Don't know there is any change to see her new drama in this year or not. If I can, I'll ask she back to evil role again  =P~ I miss pretty evil Hoh Young Mi so bad ^^"  I watch Yawang right now. Su Ae's character (Evil heroin) is my dream role which I want she play. Hope my dream come true some day in this year  :))

@larus: Omg you were right.. I haven't watched ep 34/35 yet but scanned for any indication of a happy or sad HI/JS ending... Phew I was so relieved that they had a good ending.. Now I can watch and enjoy the last two episodes in peace heheh 

“The Great Seer" finished banquet (2013.02.07)

20130207231412941.jpg

20130207213353202.jpg

20130207213615116.jpg

20130207213646284.jpg

cr : Nate

186A42475115EA06240D80

237F3D4B5115EA112C8222

274DB04C5115EA18345907

cr : KSY Daum Cafe (SSOFAM)

----------------

2013.02.09 So Yeon selcas sharing

22712C505115E9F70E75FC

18257A4F5115E9FC0F9F06

1233F34D5115EB351138CD

cr : SSOFAM + KSY FANDA Daum Cafe

----------

Everybody, Happy Lunar New Year ^^♥

I don`t think the writers of TGS were unskillful. They were novice but they did a good job. There were so many characters in this sageuk, it was hard to please everybody. Ji Sung and Ji Jin Hee were the leads, they were the lucky ones. I watched a few historical dramas so I was not expected a grand role for our So Yeon. If you not like this kind of dramas and you watch for a specific character, you will not find a female role very compelling. I liked her role despite the faults in developing her character. I will miss her in the small screen. I want to see her as much as possible in other roles.

I am glad that Ji Sung took the role. He was perfect for this part. I like Ji Jin Hee as well. I wish KSY will play in another drama with him. Their interaction in TGS was limited and I remained with curiosity about their ”chemistry”. 

I am glad they finished with a banquet. They worked so hard and faced many difficulties. So Yeon was lovely as always. Love her cardigan.

@larus: Yeah I was really worried! Thank god they have a happy ending, I wanted more of their scenes.. They have come a long time and they deserve more happy times together haha too bad, they had to finish the drama at 35 eps so everything had to be rushed..

I really enjoyed the last episode.. few scenes were really done well.. in particular JS crying scenes when he thought that HI died... I swear Ji Sung is killing it with the emotional scenes.. Loved JS/HI reunion hug although it was too short hehehe All in all, I am glad they had their happy ending.. I will discuss my thoughts over at the LSG thread :D

@bityxu: Thanks for the selca and photo updates.. she's so gorgeous and oh.. I didn't realize her hair was that short... Hmm I am wondering if she'll really cameo in IRIS since her hair is short-ish?? Lol I know I should not assume that because her hair is short, it means she reprising her role as SH *fingers crossed* I do hope she picks her next project well... I already miss her haha I thought she did really well within her ability to portray HI in a likable light given that her material was limited and pushed to the background at times... Anyways well done to SY and the cast of TGS.. Loved the pics of the staff at the end.. They worked really hard and I hope at least the audience would appreciate that..

Hi everyone at So Yeon thread! wave.gif
I'm really sorry that I haven't been posting at the thread for quite awhile although I would check every time there's a new posting. Unfortunately I did not watch the Great Seer and regretfully will have to pass on the series. Things happened last year that I wasn't able to post like always at KSY thread but I still adore this sweet actress and hopefully this new year will bring all the best in the world for our charming girl.
Many of you already knew how I feel about IRIS.. I so wished she would not appear in the sequel but that is just me. No matter what, the production will have a way of getting her .. in order to boost rating if needed. Maybe you've heard about the new version of the sniper who killed Kim Hyun Jun in IRIS 2009? It wasn't Sunhwa any more but the IRIS guy (played by David McInnis).. who actually died in ep20 during one of the scenes. Sigh.. Taewon can do anything with the script.. even bring back dead guys. So.. it's not so hard to pull Kim Sunhwa back in.. if needed.. if ratings drop, for instance.
Well.. I won't be watching IRIS 2 for obvious reason. And I especially dread what kind of multiple-personality Sunhwa will have if she re-appeared. Whoever wrote the script has no respect for her character. Period.