Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

Soyeon-ssi still in, right?

August 14, 2012

Lee Yoon-ji joins The Great Seer, Go Soo leavesby girlfriday dramabeans.com
Casting additions and subtractions for the upcoming historical drama The Great Seer, aka Dae Poong Soo, due out this fall. The drama stars Ji Jin-hee, Kim So-yeon, and Song Chang-eui, and originally cast Go Soo in the lead role as the great seer. But he had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts, leaving the drama in search of a new hero. At the top of the show’s hero wish list is Ji Sung, who’s reportedly “considering the role.” Meanwhile, Lee Yoon-ji (The King 2 Hearts) joins the cast as a woman with a complicated past who ends up being the mother of a future king.
The Great Seer is a late Goryeo-era sageuk that begins during the reign of King Gongmin, aka the same king in current fantasy-fusion drama Faith. But despite being about seers, geomancers, divinators and the like, this drama is less about the fantasy and more about the political movers and shakers — people who had the power to advise, and therefore control, kings. Ji Jin-hee plays Yi Seong-gye, the general who led the overthrow of Goryeo and established the Joseon Dynasty, becoming its first king.
The hero is the seer/geomancer who backs General Yi and effectively shapes the future of Korea as we know it. Kim So-yeon plays a healer whose destiny is tied to General Yi, but she falls in love with the seer. And Song Chang-eui plays the rival advisor. Lee Yoon-ji joins the cast as Ban-ya, a woman who was sold off as a gisaeng at a young age, but becomes a concubine to King Gongmin’s advisor, and bears a son. King Gongmin takes in that son as his, and the boy becomes King Woo of Goryeo — the king that General Yi (Ji Jin-hee) dethrones in a coup d’état.
It’s all fascinating stuff if you can keep the history straight, but I suppose it’s also just going to be an interesting story give or take the history. I’ve always preferred the stories that focus on the people behind those in power, and the setup here is rife with that sort of political conflict, while being set in the pivotal Goryeo-Joseon turn of the tide.
The 36-episode drama will be directed by PD Lee Yong-seok of Iljimae, and is set to premiere in October on SBS. That is… if it can secure a hero…
Via SBS E, My Daily

Wow I heard about Go Soo not joining which I was so gutted because I would love to see GS and KSY pairing... They would look so good together... such a pity that he had conflicting schedules... About the replacement.. Ji Sung is actually a good actor so I am happy about that.. I haven't watch Ji Sung in a sageuk yet but have heard good reviews from his role in Kim So Roo or something.. Anyways, I like Ji Sung..I just hope he's got good chemistry with our SY-sshi lol

Has there been any news of the actual filming?? I am looking forward to this drama since most of the actors in there are versatile already hihi

Btw loved that picture of her in ancient.. Is that her actual costume for the Great Seer? If so, she looks so pretty and elegant :)

Guest eunsooks

hello~

sorry to just barge in here, but I wonder if anyone could share with me soyeon's pictures from the SINGLE magazine 2009.. as the links in the archive dont seem to work for me.

such a hot shoot and i cant seem to find scans anywhere!

video reference http://youtu.be/w74kAB0X9NA

i would be very grateful for any help ^ㅂ ^

Guest bityxu

csfan said:
Has there been any news of the actual filming?? I am looking forward to this drama since most of the actors in there are versatile already hihi

Btw loved that picture of her in ancient.. Is that her actual costume for the Great Seer? If so, she looks so pretty and elegant :)

Guest eunsooks

bityxu, thank you so much for the help ♡ i can see the video, i posted it to show what i was looking for, and the link you gave has all the pictures i could ever want :D
i really appreciate your kindness, i feel a bit rude coming in without introduction and making requests :-S desperate times lol! i wont make a habit of it tho

Love looking through the forum and thanks for all the info and pics ~

Just posting this because it's in the news today..

August 24, 2012
"IRIS" producer confirms sequelNate l Reporter: Lee Hye Ji Editor: Monica Suk KStar10
201208231450772277_1.jpg
KBS’ 2009 hit TV series “IRIS” producer is gearing up to produce the sequel to the drama aiming to hit the airwaves next year.
Taewon Entertainment, the original series’ production company, is in the pre-production stage of the action-packed TV series' second season, a rep from the firm talked to the magazine over the phone Friday.
“We are in the process of renewing and refreshing the original story [for the next season], so we have yet to to talk about the casting. We're aiming to air the show next year, but it has not been settled yet,” the official said briefly.
Industry watchers predict that producer Chung Tae-won will get his hands on the project after wrapping up filming the fifth installment of "Marrying the Mafia" series, a comedy pic due out this year.
"IRIS," which aired back in 2009, stars some of the biggest names in the Korean entertainment industry including Kim Tae-hee, Jung Joon-ho, Kim So-yeon and Big Bang member T.O.P. 
The espionage series dominated the primetime lineup during its run, between October 14 and December 17, with its viewership ratings reaching nearly 40 percent, and later turned into a big screen film, dubbed "IRIS: THE MOVIE" in 2010.

Unfortunately.. 
August 24, 2012
Taewon Entertainment says rumours of 'IRIS 2' is unfounded
By Korea Star Daily | Kpop Fighting 
It was reported today that ‘IRIS 2’ is being prepared for production and this has gotten the attention of many netizens.
Many television personnel revealed in news reports on August 23rd that production is set in stone for the sequel to ‘IRIS’.
‘IRIS’ was a big hit back in 2009, starring big names like Lee Byung Hun, Kim Tae Hee, and many more. Exciting fighting scenes and a good storyline endeared itself to viewers locally and overseas.
But with regards to the news, a Taewon Entertainment representative expressed, “Production for the second season of ‘IRIS’ isn’t confirmed yet. There’s no confirmed production timeframe or broadcast date. There’s no decision on who will write the script, direct the drama, and many more. But preparation for ‘IRIS 2’ is on-going bit by bit. But we won’t be elaborating on what they are.”

phew ~

Guest bityxu

"The Great Seer" Hae In young (Son Na Eun) & adult (Kim So Yeon)

viewimage.php?id=mbc_drama1&no=29bcc427b

About IRIS 2, really have nothing to say, haizzz ~.~

@ eunsooks : you're welcome ^^

Ahh.. I'm sorry about posting the IRIS 2 news update. Hope it's the last of it that we will ever hear.. Taewon have been going in circles about this every year hoping to rise a sinking ship and recover the money lost to Athena. But if Hyun Jun is not in the storyline anymore.. the plot may shift to SunHwa as the new person she's been portrayed in Athena. A completely new story altogether.
Frankly I don't want her to be in IRIS 2 at all but if she gets a lead role and a great co-star, that will be good for her. But everything seems so shaky obviously.
The Great Seer is pretty quiet and slow? .. wished there're more news about Kim So Yeon.
Take care Soyeon-ssi, Fighting!