The Official Tattoo Thread

Guest liimegreeen

i wanna get a tattoo on my neck lil but i heard after you get a tatoo you cant donate blood and blah.. so nvm.

depends on the state. each state has different requirements for giving blood.

in tx, they changed the law. before you had to wait 1 year after getting your tattoo to donate blood, but now it's ONE WEEK. can you believe that. that is some i can't read right there.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol. There is no man made tattoo paint color that will match your skin right like you never got a tattoo. At most is people 10 ft away cant tell you have a tattoo but the ppl 5 ft away will be thinking "what is she doing with a blob tattooed on her. Also depending on the tattoo your covering up, flesh colored ink may not cover it. Say for example you mess up your barcode. Most likely you'd get the barcode in black right? Hate to tel you, the only thing that would cover it up is another tattoo piece mostly made up of black. Cover ups are 99% of the time made up of dark colors to cover up the old.

Tattooing the neck might be more uncomfrotable compared to other places for the fact thats right at the top of your spinal cord.

I know that there isn't a tattoo paint color to match my skin tone, close enough is alright. I can just tell people that it's weird birth mark. :lol: I think I'll be getting it on my wrist then.

Thanks for answering my question.

It would be nice to get a tattoo but my parents would go... "BLAH BLAH BLAH.. HJKLFDSTYU... YOU BETTER.." But I would like to get...

barbie.jpg

Even if it's Barbie's I would still get it and I think it's really nice.. I'm just saying I don't even know if I'm going to get it or not. My two brothers did and my parents didn't say anything about it but if it was a duaghter in the family.. you know what's going to happen next..

Guest jonghyuklub012

Oh oops must've just looked bigger since the pictures are so upclose it's hard to tell :x I was getting kind of paranoid about the size gfghgj...a 16? Ok it doesn't sound so bad anymore, thanks for clearing that up.

The tattoo looks like...an upside down rose without the stem :blink: or...it kind of looks like an ornament.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 꿈과희망찬_뒤&

Girls w/ tattoos = cheap skank / club ho / tweaker-crackhead / chain smoker

Yeah, I really enjoy generalizing. :lol:

It's just the way it is ladies. So I advise all of you to think twice before getting inked.

Guest Batgirl

Oh, well I should have specified - it's a 16 g curved barbell for my rook.

Both sides should unscrew off. But there are some pieces where one end is fixed while the other unscrews. So i guess its more of you have to see yourself =/

Yeah, I really enjoy generalizing.

It's just the way it is ladies. So I advise all of you to think twice before getting inked.

Good thing i'm not trying to get into your pants.

Just because you and your buddies are closed minded and prejudice, doesnt mean all the guys out there are like you.

Even if i didnt have a tattoo i wouldnt even consider dating a guy who makes wild automatic assumptions about a girl just because she has a tattoo.

I'd love to see the day when you meet a girl and shes so sweet. You take her home to mom, whole scmeal. Then you find out she has a small heart tatooed on her hip that was always covered when you two went out. Better dump her coz shes probably doing drugs behind your back huh.

Guest white frames

HAHA that is the lamest thing I've ever read. You admit to generalizing, yet claim "that's the way it is". You make perfect sense buddy.

Guest angelwings6117

I was wondering, what do you think would be better. Getting wings tattooed on my shoulder blades or getting them on either side of my spine right where your bra clips? I don't mean real hardcore wings, i mean real small (maybe two inches?), cute, hello-kitty type wings.

No, tht is not the way it is. I am not a cheap skank. I have never been to a club,smocked crack,an i dont smoke. Im actually a housewife who plans her daily meals with all four food groups and watches Elmo with her baby and reads classic novels. Generalizing is so ignorant.

Guest Batgirl

^^ yea seriously huh? My sister has a tatto that goes across her lower back that reads "asian pride" with dragon written in japanese in between the two words. ANd shes a 3rd grade elementary school teacher who's never touched drugs, gone smoking nada. She was too busy going to UC Berkeley

I was wondering, what do you think would be better. Getting wings tattooed on my shoulder blades or getting them on either side of my spine right where your bra clips? I don't mean real hardcore wings, i mean real small (maybe two inches?), cute, hello-kitty type wings.

its hard to say because 1.) i'd need to see how big your back is, 2.) i'd have to see the design and how big you would only let it be.

THe best thing to do is go to a tattoo artist. If you are 100% sure you want the tattoo, what happens is they make a stencil. Its like a temporary tattoo that they place on you to outline so they don't mess up your tattoo. You can ask them to place in those two different areas so you can decide better. They know how permanent, tattooing is so they'll be glad to help so you can go home happy and they can possibly get a good tip.

Great! I don't really care about a little scar (i already have acne scars lol) and my scars heal pretty quick too. oh, btw, What's the biggest gauge you can go without a scar?

without scarring? Well if you get acne scars, theres no gauge that will cause no scars. But if you say they heal away then the gauge shouldnt matter right?

The smallest you can only consider going is 16. A lot of people debate enough about this since 16 is still considered very tiny and people like to joke "I dont want to slice my lip open". Dont be scared! Why they say that is the smaller the gauge + movement of the jewelry may cut/tear the hole a little. Its not like it hurts. It's happened to me before coz i have a 16 but its not as horrible as people say. You'll just noticed your piercing feels a tad tad sore but it'll heal up.

The reccomended gauge is 14, but some girls find this gauge to be too large for their face. Just go to the shop and look at the different pieces and worry about scarring later

Guest stylistik ♥

people who generalise = losers, f-aggots, d-ickheads.....the list goes on

and that's the way it is <_<

Guest missxmoody

tattoo.jpg

Got my tattoo done a month ago. The pic is from right after I got it done, ie the plastic wrap. The color now seems a little off (faded) though right now, maybe because it's not completely healed yet? Or maybe because I wasn't careful enough taking care of it, but I did everything the tattoo artist said. I went to the best I could find and paid $330 for it too. We'll see in a month or two if I'll need to go in for a re-touch. I love it though!

I hate pain and getting my tattoo and tragus pierced absolutely killed me but I still go back for more later. I got my tragus pierced about 5/6 months ago and last month it finally healed all the way. I had some bump (inside was blood and white puss) problems that are finally gone after vigarously cleaning it.

Now I want to get my inner conch pierced .. any stories to share guys? Would it be better to put in a barbell or a ring?

Anyone in Hong Kong? It was easy to find a reliable tattoo shop but unfortunately they don't piercings too and I have no clue where to find a piercing place that isn't too shady. I just moved to Hong Kong.

When I was younger I went to Ice (a shop just like Claires) to get my ear loobs pierced and that was the worst mistake in my life. The girl pierced my left loob crooked and too close to my face, I had to take it out and get it repierced. I have a little scar now too.

Guest Batgirl

when u first get tattooed the black looks really dark. as it heals and scabs over, when the scab falls off it looks faded. Its 100% normal.

get it touched up only 2 or 3 months after its done is pointless. Coz when u get it touched up, you'll once again start healing...scabbing...then the scab falls off and its looks "faded" again. Unless youre up for getting it touched up every 2 weeks, deal with the "faded" black

barbells heal faster/ better. Rings put more of a pressure on a piercing plus cause unwanted movement, which can making healing take longer.

I'm so happy I found this thread!!! I got a tatoo on my ankle last Wednesday (I'll post a picture when it looks nicer -- it's in its icky stage right now) and I was wondering how long to wait before I shave over it? I'm terrified of raking a razor across it. ;) Thanks in advance!

Guest JeeHyun127

I got a tattoo like a month ago and I love it! It was worth it! go to my site and check out my pics of the tatt http://www.myspace.com/YourDadsHOT i paid 120 for mine and i took care of it well. just observe the place before you get it done so you dont get an infection. clean it properly. this sounds gay but a&d baby ointment worked wonders on my tatt. yea 18 is the legal age. im 19 but if my parents would ever see my tatt theyd try to cut it off with a knife! haha! oh well!!!!!

I'm so happy I found this thread!!! I got a tatoo on my ankle last Wednesday (I'll post a picture when it looks nicer -- it's in its icky stage right now) and I was wondering how long to wait before I shave over it? I'm terrified of raking a razor across it. ;) Thanks in advance!

OMG! Dont shave over it until its done healing after it scabs and peels!!!! If you shave over it now while its still healing you could lose some of the coloring that they applied and have to get it reworked on again! So wait!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest remorse_angel

I recall my cousin getting her back tattooed. But she got her tattoo (half her back) and her ears pierced (3 or 4 more on each ear) at the same time so she couldn't sleep on her back.....so she had to avoid both ears and back. Hahah, bad, bad idea to get piercing and tattoo at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SatinDoll

agreeing with everyone else,

that is very sexist...if you're gonna generalize, then why don't you generalize about the male population having tattoos too? huh?

personally i think Tattoos on anyone, GUYs AND GIRLS, are SEXY.

it's a form of art on a the beautiful body that human nature has provided us...

and tattoos aren't cheap...it costs MONEY, hard earned money

i don't see how a girl with a tattoo can be a cheap skank...

Guest Batgirl

^thanks. i forgot one more question (so very sorry)

the reason i'm worried about the healing is because i'm a swimmer. I swam like a week after my normal helix cartilage and it was fine.

Will i have to wait for it to completely heal to swim again? (This goes for both the tragus and the rook). Or would it be okay after a couple of weeks?

I'm not gonna say its ok and i'm not gonna say it's not ok. But by the "book" it's not ok.

umm sorry if this has been posted before (i tried looking but i dont think i saw it) but i was jw how long it takes for tattoos to heal and what you have to do to keep them from getting infected or having the ink rub off or soemthing until it heals? O.o

depending on how large the tattoo is.

You want to wash it two times a day and apply a&d ointment on it. Some artists will say lubriderm. Others will tell u just to leave it. Personally I use a&d for the first week then lubriderm or nivea there on after. When your tattoo is healing you'll see that it scabs and it will take off a small amount of top layer of your tat as the scab falls off or when you wash it off (but don't froce it off). Your tattoo colors won't look as intense anymore, it's normal. Don't freak out and think you messed up. Tattoo's heal fairly quickly and easily. mmmm.....i would say out of experience a small tattoo heals in about 2 weeks. a medium sized tattoo in about 2-3 weeks etc etc. It's not like piercings. Tattoos are more like a scrapes and cuts bit while a piercing is classified as a puncture wound.

TONGUE PIERCING. getting it done on friday.

how do you speed up the process of healing?

is there anything i should & shouldn't do?

There is no real way of "speeding" up a piercing other than what you should normally do to take care of it. Drink soup, eat ice first couple days. Move on to stuff like pudding, mashed potatoes after that and if you're brave eat small parts of sandwiches. No acidic foods or liquids. No Lemonade, oranges, orange juice etc. No spicy food, no drinking, no smoking is preferred but if you must, rinse well after. NO PLAYING WITH IT.

If you can't tell, the main key here is. Dont. richard simmons. Off. Your piercing. And be kind to your body too. Eat good food, drink lots of water. A good immune system helps with healing a piercing.

Someone told my friend listorine helps..HECK NO IT DOESN'T. If someone says to rince your mouth with listorine, don't listen to them.

That someone is an idiot. Listerine is an irritant. It contains alcohol which will dry out the piercing and kill the good cells forming to heal the piercing. No mattter how much u dilute it, it still has alcohol. Lip piercings, frenulum, tongue wahtever, do NOT use listerine.

girl armageddon

yea i dont know where your from but if theyre trying to even take down piercing shops, then you live in a very...yea....town. CA is more lax.

corset piercings. eh. it would have impressed me years ago but now when i see it most of the time i'm just "that was pierced badly.....that's bad placement...."

• 2 weeks later...

Archived