[drama 2005] Peculiar Woman, Peculiar Man. 별난여자, 별난&#45224

Guest jinhee

Guest kawaiiyuki

Guess JN will find out the truth.... :blink: No secret can last forever so i guess it's JN's turn to find out something. As for Nara.... she is strange in her own way. The secret of Sh's real paerents could have made her who she is now. But sometimes she a bit too much, Like when she follows SH to find out where he's living after he moved out of the hotel. She could have just called and ask him.

Looking forward to any screen caps ppl might want to post and spot translation. Can someone tell me what happened when Nara found out SH and JN where living together? (The part where she spyed on him. And had a shocked expression when she saw JN open the door)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ronni

Guess JN will find out the truth.... :blink: No secret can last forever so i guess it's JN's turn to find out something. As for Nara.... she is strange in her own way. The secret of Sh's real paerents could have made her who she is now. But sometimes she a bit too much, Like when she follows SH to find out where he's living after he moved out of the hotel. She could have just called and ask him.

Looking forward to any screen caps ppl might want to post and spot translation. Can someone tell me what happened when Nara found out SH and JN where living together? (The part where she spyed on him. And had a shocked expression when she saw JN open the door)

This is not a word for word translation for when Nara was spying on Sukhyun and saw him go home to Jongnam. Basically, she was following him and Jongnam opened the door for Sukhyun and saw the package he was carrying. Nara was shocked to see him going in to a house with Jongnam but doubly shocked because Jongnam said (about the package) "What's that? Is that our wedding picture?" So Nara also found out about their wedding.

Fresh off the KBS forum (not on official preview site yet)... Enjoy!

ep 151)

JN asks SH if he is ill/sick, and SH puts her at ease by saying it's only medicin for his upset stomach (Note: I think JN finds a bag with medicin in SH's car). Malja visits Nara and makes a big fuss regarding SH's resignation, and Nara tells Malja that SH and JN are living together. Upon Hearing that SH and JN went to the big house, Nara accepts SH's resignation and puts forward divorce paper to JM, saying that she will cut all ties to Jang family.

Can anyone tell me what them going to the "big house" has anything to do with Nara divorcing Jaeman? If my son decided to visit his aunt and uncle, i don't see how that's any reason for me to divorce my husband. Nara is :wacko:

Also, does anyone know how non-koreans can speed up our clubbox downloads? It takes forever to download, the fastest I've ever got was like 52kb/s

Guest n5y17cgirl

Can anyone tell me what them going to the "big house" has anything to do with Nara divorcing Jaeman? If my son decided to visit his aunt and uncle, i don't see how that's any reason for me to divorce my husband. Nara is :wacko:

Also, does anyone know how non-koreans can speed up our clubbox downloads? It takes forever to download, the fastest I've ever got was like 52kb/s

I think Nara just wants to, like it says in the preview, "cut all ties with the Jang family." She's probably sick and tired of them interfering with her precious SH's life - e.g. JO giving SH & JN permission to move in together, MS being so nice to the couple and treating them as her own son & "daughter-in-law." She doesn't want anything to do with any of the Jang family members. And she doesn't really seem to care much for JM anyway. I think Nara finding out that SH & JN went to visit the big house was just the final straw. Hence, the divorce.

The fastest dl speed anyone can get using clubbox is around 54 kbps. There is some sort of point/coupon system which allows you to dl at a faster rate, but I am not all that familiar with it and have never tried using it. sorry... I think we're all in the same boat there. :)

Guest ChiSoju

I too was dismayed when I found how slow CB is. I waded through the CB thread, and this is how I think it works:

If you register for your own Club Box, you accumulate points for every hour you leave it open (logged in?) One hundred hours gets you enough points to Quick DL about eighty minutes of HQ. As long as Creidesca leaves hers free, it doesnt seem worth it to me.

Guest pumpkin06

Noramlly I can't hear much of dialog in the preview but I was able to catch most of them this time.

Scenes in the preview....

JN shows a bag to SH in bed: "what are all these medicin for?"

JM asking JN: "Is there really nothing going on with SH (or is everything OK with him)?"

SH looking at patient carried out of ambulance surrounded by his/her carying family and remembering what JN said: "Let's not get sick and live tenaciously long long time together!"

JN looks at books (probably for health diet and stuff) and shops carefully for grocery to look after SH's stomach problem (since that's what SH told her the medicin is for), saying: "From today, I will be responsible for/defend/protect my husband's stomach!"

Nara to Malja: "SH is living with JN." (literal translation is: SH set up a house with JN)

JN asks JO: "Did SH had surgery somewhere when he was little"

Nara on the phone (to a company HR probably): "Accept SH's resignation"

JN receives phone from hospital and before SH takes the phone away from her, hears nurse saying, "This is hospital. Wife should come (to hospital with the patient) once."

Nara gives divorce paper to JM: "I don't have any regret/attachment. Sign it" (actually she says "stamp it" since many Koreans use stamps with their name just like signature). And JM replies, "You want a divorce?"

SH's doctor telling JN: "Without liver transplant, it will be difficult to last a year."

Guest donilpark

I too was dismayed when I found how slow CB is. I waded through the CB thread, and this is how I think it works:

If you register for your own Club Box, you accumulate points for every hour you leave it open (logged in?) One hundred hours gets you enough points to Quick DL about eighty minutes of HQ. As long as Creidesca leaves hers free, it doesnt seem worth it to me.

You accumulate 10 points of mileage for every hour you log on to the downloader.

Than you can exchange those mileages for a coupon.

Clubbox is quite useful if you make use of it. In fact, I get too many points that I can't use it all in time so they get wasted.

Of course, the drawback with it is that it's difficult to download old files and small files. But at least for the current files like the ones that get uploaded every day, it works well.

I get 500kb/s at most, which must be far slower than the speed Koreans must be enjoying, but still, that's like 700mb in 20 minutes. Usually I get speed 200kb/s~300kb/s.

That's 1 high quality episode an hour.

Guest donilpark

Thank you pumpkin--SNAM124--you are so correct. I've been saying all along that Nara is a miserable creature. She doesn't love anyone but herself. She is so cruel. Even when she went into her room and shed a few tears--she had no real sorrow. She doesn't care.

I'm wondering what she will do when she finds out Sukhyun is sick again--I suspect it will be more dirty tricks. Right now she has no one. I just want to know how this is going to all end. It's misery now. Maybe Jongnam will help Sukhyun live, find strength to help Sukhyun forgive Minsook.

I want to know the writer's address so I can complain if Nara triumphs in the end.

I definitely seem like the only one who understands Nara in any way at all.

Hasn't it never occured that she really is isolated not by her will, but by others?

If Minsook made an oath not to cross path with Suckhyeon's life, then she should've honoured it.

She's the one who put her foot in the doorstep gradually and did more than was allowed for her.

Even before it was explicitly revealed that Suckhyeon was her son, she showed us behaviours that were very peculiar and excessive for an aunt.

Yes, I understand Minsook too, but she's got her own share of fault in this too, just like Nara. It's not just one sided offense here.

Nara is a self respecting and proud person.

But see how pathetic a man Jaeman is.

Anyway, at least in the beginning, I don't see fault with Nara, but that her personality just didn't fit with the Jangs. She married a wrong man and a wrong family.

Everyone is kinda feeding to her anger, so that now she doesn't see anything and is just driven.

If Nara is angry initially and if they know she is a proud person, than they should never have done things that hurts her pride, like running away or getting pregnant or getting married without permission.

It's just a vicious circle where the more angry she gets, the more adamant she becomes so that they have to go ahead without her permission, which makes her even angrier.

But when they did that, I can only assume that they were prepared for the backlash.

I was actually really surprised to see Jongnam preparing food to give to Nara.

They clearly know how Nara is loath of Jongnam, and yet, Jongnam would prepare food for her.

In normal circumstances, there's nothing wrong with that.

But in Nara's current state, that just looks like they are mocking her, because she knows that they know how she hates Jongnam. Again, that was feeding a fire.

Anyway, it all started with a mismatch.

Nara is a rather affectionless, formal and an individualistic person. There's nothing wrong with that.

But people around her were more like typical Koreans. (also, there's nothing wrong with that) They intruded in Nara's life (from Nara's perspective) in the way she did not approve of, and that made her defensive. Nara pushes them back, which makes them come at her with stronger forces.

I think it's too late to calm her down now. But what started it all was not just Nara. It's everyone.

It's going to end with Minsook's sacrifice. Again, she becomes the saint in the end.

And what triumpth of Nara are you thinking of?

There's no way she can triumph now. (I mean, I wanna ask once again, do you think it's her ultimate purpose to bring misery to everyone?)

Don't be too one-sided and think simplistically. Try to think of Nara's feelings too.

Some of her actions like trying to abort the baby were wrong. But her feelings are not something inconprehensible.

I definitely seem like the only one who understands Nara in any way at all.

Hasn't it never occured that she really is isolated not by her will, but by others?

Why do people in these dramas always blame their problems on others?? Nara acted like a witch and now she's alone...She has no-one to blame but herself...

If Minsook made an oath not to cross path with Suckhyeon's life, then she should've honoured it.

She's the one who put her foot in the doorstep gradually and did more than was allowed for her.

Minsook never did anything for Suk-hyun that any self respecting aunt wouldn't do...

Even before it was explicitly revealed that Suckhyeon was her son, she showed us behaviours that were very peculiar and excessive for an aunt.

Like What???

It's just a vicious circle where the more angry she gets, the more adamant she becomes so that they have to go ahead without her permission, which makes her even angrier.

That part I agree with...

Guest donilpark

Why do people in these dramas always blame their problems on others?? Nara acted like a witch and now she's alone...She has no-one to blame but herself...

Wait, what I was saying is HOW she came to be like a witch she is now.

There's no question that she's acting like a demon now.

But why did it become like that?

Because her personality just didn't go with the people around her. So I am saying all that's happening now is either no one's fault or everyone's fault.

If Nara has no one to blame but herself for what Suckhyeon and Jongnam are doing, likewise, Suvkhyeon and Jongnam have no one but themselves to blame for what Nara is doing.

Minsook never did anything for Suk-hyun that any self respecting aunt wouldn't do...

Like What???

Like preparing food, taking it to Suckhyeon's house, and when she finds out Nara is not home, sets a table for Suckhyeon, foe example.

Sure, in a normal situation, I guess that may not be a big deal.

But this is not a normal situation. She shouldn't even be allowed to do things as an aunt. (there's a saying in Korea that you shouldn't fix your hat while under a plum tree, lest you look like you're stealing fruit)

She has to be extra careful.

And there were numerous instances where she cared excessively about Suckhyeon, although she didn't let Nara know about that and were natural thing as a mother.

Doing aunt-things will make her want more and more so that she eventually says things like "Yes, I want him back! I regret giving him up!" She should've known that.

If she made a promise so she could save her son's life, than she has to give up something equivalent, no matter how painful it is.

Guest Mme. De Giry

To ease the tension...*does meditating chant*...here are some more NGs from our beloved drama. :)

She's even scary when she's not acting? But she looked so nice in that picture where she smiled!

ng.jpg

She forgets her line from utmost fear.

ng1.jpg

She smiles... At least, I think that's what she's doing. :unsure:

ng5.jpg

Like mother, like son. :blush:

ng9.jpg

ng10.jpg

I think GJW took such a long time to touch the "octopus," cos KAJ says, "Quick [something]!"

ng17.jpg

ng18.jpg

So pretty... :wub:

ng25.jpg

Director Go Joo Won :D

ng29.jpg

They were supposed to cut on that scene where the butterfly is, but I guess the two just got carried away and got competitive! :lol:

sweet.jpg

*sighs*

PDVD_044.jpg

Guest emceema

:w00t:

I am totally dismayed at the writers for taking Nara's vicious behaviour to the extreme. She is totally heartless for ignoring the pleading Sukhyun who declares his love for her despite her plan to abort his baby and separate him from Jongnam. Also that scene where S & J brought food for her and she didn't even open the door. In real life, no matter how bad your children behaved, you still welcome them home, although you might scold them severely. But you don't drive them away. Besides, Sukhyun and Jongnam's misdeed is not a capital crime but just falling in love without the Imperious Nara's approval.

I couldn't believe why some viewers think that Nara's anger is justified. Even if this is culturally acceptable, Nara's behaviour is obssessive. The Jang family did not intrude in the relationship of Nara and Sukhyun but rather acted naturally as relatives. As a matter of fact, I could not believe how they hide the truth of the adoption from Sukhyun and his cousins. They also acted like they're so afraid to ruffle Nara's feathers that they tiptoed around her. And what is so wrong with Jongnam that Nara could not accept her, at least treat her as a human being, other than being an orphan? If she blames her for the break up of S & H, remember S was still willing to marry H but it was H who refused.

BB as a k-drama has been a great source of entertainment for me until recently (up to episode 148). Now, from the preview, I think this is going downhill and may totally turn me off unless the writers make another twist and turn to let Sukhyun live, have a happy life with Jongnam with a beautiful baby, accepted by the Jang family and making Nara a psychotic recluse ashamed of her own shadow. That is the only way the writers could redeem themselves, in my view. :w00t: :tongue2: :rolleyes:

Guest donilpark

I couldn't believe why some viewers think that Nara's anger is justified. Even if this is culturally acceptable, Nara's behaviour is obssessive.

If you are refering to me, I think you didn't understand what I said.

Her behaviour is wrong.

But I understand what she must be feeling.

Those are two seperate things.

The writers, in need of an antagonist to keep the suspense, made Nara act like a devil.

So her actions are excessive, no doubt about that.

But that doesn't mean her feelings are excessive as well.

I think her feelings are perfectly justifiable, not her actions.

:w00t:

BB as a k-drama has been a great source of entertainment for me until recently (up to episode 148). Now, from the preview, I think this is going downhill and may totally turn me off unless the writers make another twist and turn to let Sukhyun live, have a happy life with Jongnam with a beautiful baby, accepted by the Jang family and making Nara a psychotic recluse ashamed of her own shadow. That is the only way the writers could redeem themselves, in my view. :w00t: :tongue2: :rolleyes:

Is this the first one of these dramas that you're watching????

You'd make a good Chicago Cubs fan....Even though you know deep down the season is going to end up in certain failure you remain optimistic anyway!!! :D:D

Guest snam124

You'd make a good Chicago Cubs fan....Even though you know deep down the season is going to end up in certain failure you remain optimistic anyway!!! :D:D

Ducky - this is the year for the cubbies, I can feel it!! ok, so we have a lot of people out with injuries, but a girl can dream!! although it would be nice to see them win the world series in my lifetime :rolleyes:

Mme. De Giry - which NG clip is that from? I want to watch :)

Guest Mme. De Giry

snam, they're all from creidesca's CB. :) That one is "Drama NGs Parade (04-01-06) [Goodbye Solo, PecuWomanMan, Seoul 1945, Don't Worry]." It's really sweet! :wub:

Just finished watching 149... :tears: I wanted to slap Nara when she was still shouting at SH, but when she got inside her room and forced her tears back---that got me. I, a die-hard Nara hater, actually felt for her for probably just the second time. Do we ever know her story? Was it ever mentioned if something happened in her past that hurt her so badly that she's put up this wall around her to not let anything hurt her again? Cos I think she's someone who's just been hurt too many times (or too deeply at one time) that she's made a vow to herself to never let anyone hurt her again. The way she was trying so hard not to cry seemed to me like she was thinking, "Be strong. Don't cry. Don't let him touch you. You'll only hurt again." But still---her actions only confirmed my belief that she does not love SH, that she only sees him as an investment gone wrong. :tears:

From watching the preview for 150, I think the viewers' prediction of MS making a huge sacrifice is coming true (Makes you wonder what's with these viewers, huh? :P). So I don't think we should worry---I'm pushing for both to live and make up! :)

Guest kawaiiyuki

Loved the NG's that where posted on the last page. Made me smile and not think about the Nara issue. Hoping everything will turn out good at the end. Wonder if SH intends to pertend nothing is going on and will JN do the same thing hoping her hubbie says something to her? :blink: As for Nara... if she's seperating herself from the family then, i guess she won't interfer with SH and JN's relationship any longer. :huh: Looks like Grandma is shocked to find out SH and JN are living together. :rolleyes:

Guest jonjonwj

If you are refering to me, I think you didn't understand what I said.

Her behaviour is wrong.

But I understand what she must be feeling.

Those are two seperate things.

The writers, in need of an antagonist to keep the suspense, made Nara act like a devil.

So her actions are excessive, no doubt about that.

But that doesn't mean her feelings are excessive as well.

I think her feelings are perfectly justifiable, not her actions.

Donilpark, I wonder if you are a parent yourself. Real parents love their kids (adopted or not) that they would do anything for them...thus MS' actions to show much care for SH. A parent's love or emotion towards a child is something that you cannot suppress, regardless of the reason you gave up that child. As for NN, is it justifiable to see your son suffer because of your disapproval of the person they choose to love? I say not! A parent who truly loves their son will set him free for the hope that this relationship will serve him happiness. If the relationship doesn't last, a good mom will always be there to support a suffering son. This is a basic mother-child relationship, not a cultural thing. What is cultural is being individualist in decision making (western view) or respecting parents above and beyond over your own needs (eastern view).

Guest professor97

Donilpark, I had written a long response to your last "defense of Nara" but I just erased it because I just think I can say my response more succintly: If Nara was a real person who acted that way, what a very sad, narrow, and hateful world we would all have to inhabit :( . There's no crime in loving someone--the crime occurs when someone tries to stop that love.

And no matter what happened to her in the past--we all have the capability of rising above the tragedy and going forward with open hearts.

Archived