Amazing Way To Get Rid Of Cystic Pimples!

Guest ♥♥♥

Guest ♥♥♥

Okayy, so we all know what a pain cystic pimples can be!

Recently, I got fOUR huge ones on my nose and chin.

I was so desperate, I tried Vicks VapoRub on them!!!

Vicks%20vaporab_s.JPG

And guess what?!!? The pimples disappeared in only TWO DAYS!!!

Not sure if anyone else tried or know this method, but I'm totally sticking to it!

Guest miss_universe

O________O

isn't that really strong

doesn't it make your eyes sting?

i use that to unclog my nose when i have a cold

i personally think it'll be harsh on the skin

maybe not

Guest mary elle

LOL. you're seriously making me wanna try that. cystic pimples? i may sound dumb but.. what are those? i don't wanna google them because pimples look gross in ever way possible. lol can someone just describe them?

arnt those the pimples that are red, REALLY painful, and

doesnt have the white thing in the middle..?...haha sorry..

im really bad at describing..xp...cooll...i wanna try!!

Guest soominie

LOL. you're seriously making me wanna try that. cystic pimples? i may sound dumb but.. what are those? i don't wanna google them because pimples look gross in ever way possible. lol can someone just describe them?

i searched up cystic pimples on google because i didn't know what they were, but those were DISGUSTING pictures! i should've read your post beforehand.. ahaha

Guest lovehunter12

^ it would really work?? Wouldnt it heat up your whole face??

Will your face become smooth after it?

~_~ im not so sure bout this.. any1 else tried it?

VICKS?!

isn't it like powerful stuff?

i use that if i have a hard time breathing through my nose

haha i never knew it works for pimples

Guest GlitzNGlam

Last year I had a couple really bad cystic pimples. My mom had to take me to the dermatologist to get them pumped out.

I don't think there really is an easy cure for cystic acne, otherwise dermatologist would've told me about this method long ago. So I'd be skeptical about putting greasy gobs on my face. Anybody wanna try this method before me? :D

Guest iced.green.tea

lol! ewww cystic pimples >w<

but yeah - Vicks does work on the occasional cystic terror - reference being personal experience

but i was scared that it would clog up the pore after =.= -_-

im not sure if you wanna try it if you have really sensitive skin though

Guest smackie

Got this from wikipedia:

Cystic acne, also known as nodulocystic acne, is a severe form of acne wherein acne develops into small cysts. Acne cysts are not true cysts in the sense that they are not abnormal dilations of skin structure, but rather nodules of inflammation. Although not uncommon, it is rarer than other types of acne. Like other forms, it is caused by an excess buildup of sebum in the pores and, contrary to popular belief, is not caused by, nor is it affected by, hygiene or the lack thereof. A common treatment for cystic acne is Isotretinoin, which cures most acne in about 90% of patients.

Cystic acne can affect the face, chest, back, shoulders and, occasionally, upper arms. Like pimples, which are more common, cysts are usually filled with a white pus-like substance. They are usually several centimeters in diameter, and can be quite painful.

If cystic acne is not treated early on, especially with antibiotics along with a topical cream, some degree of scarring will occur. This can be quite severe depending on the case. Although many scars can be treated, scars on the body often do not respond as well as those on the face. In most cases, it is unlikely that all scars can be removed. After cysts have mostly healed, macules, or "pseudo scars" may form. Macules are red patches of skin, sometimes raised slightly, where cysts used to be, and may resemble cysts in their appearance. They are sometimes known as "pseudo scars" because they resemble scars, but unlike true ones, macules usually only last up to six months and leave no permanent scar.

Cystic pimples are those BIG richard simmons pimples that are DEEP in your skin, can be noticeable at times. Easier way to put it: you can't pop these or you'll bruise your skin!

• 3 years later...

Guys, to those of you FREAKING out over cystic acne because you Google searched it.

Remember that whenever you look for skin diseases or conditions or anything on Google images they are going to show you the worst of the worst.

So while you may think cystic acne only appears in large bunches and huge imflamations ALL OVER the face that is not the case.

Cystic acne can appear in small amounts as well.

So calm down haha

In most cases cystic acne can just appear as a bump on your face, it will look like a very big red, inflamed whitehead without a white tip. It will be painful to the touch, and feel hard underneath the skin. And if you squeeze at it, nothing should come out.

Usually the best way to get rid of Cystic Acne is to go to your Dermatologist or Beauty Spa and get a CORTISONE INJECTION.

Cortisone is a steroid (not the kind to bulk up muscle) and what it does is it breaks down the congestion inside cystic acne and prevents infection.

Your Derm will inject a small amount into a Cyst or Whitehead and it will subside in a matter of hours if not a day or two.

Much more effective, and probably safer than Vics.

are you sure it wasnt a fluke

The active ingredients are all irritating and potentially comedogenic (can cause clogged pores and/or pimples):

Camphor 4.8% (Cough suppressant and topical analgesic)

Eucalyptus oil 1.2% (Cough suppressant)

Menthol 2.6% (Cough suppressant and topical analgesic)

this is like the myth with people putting toothpaste on their acne ..

Guest tragicrabbit

are you sure it wasnt a fluke

this is like the myth with people putting toothpaste on their acne ..

Toothpaste really works for me though >.< But I don't do it often because it stings my skin.

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

Cystic acne is a severe type of acne characterized by large, swollen lumps that appear under the skin. These cysts are usually filled with pus or fluid, but can also consist of a hard, swollen mass. Cystic acne usually lasts longer than regular acne.Cystic pimples home remedies are..

1. Exfoliate your face first with a paste of aspirin crushed and mixed in to the water. After you rinse off, apply honey which would moisturize your skin and also work as an antibacterial agent.
  2. You could apply the aloe vera gel directly on to the affected area and it would surely help you in healing cystic acne.
  3. Apply paste of mango, lemon, water to your face and let it stay for some time. Wash it off and you are sure to see the difference. You could also use neem and turmeric and make a paste of them to apply on the acne affected area.

^ This will NOT help with cystic acne...My cousin who is an esthetician for Aveda Salon says the only way you can remove Cystic acne is two ways...Eating Antibiotics followed by topical cream or surgery...Those are the only two options. No creams are natural additives to your skin care regiment will stop cystic acne.

Guest _GLITCH_

well technically those types of acne are inflamed (hence the redness and the pain) I think the reason why Vicks works is that it is decreases inflamation through vasodilation (when you breath it in it causes decongestion. what's happening there is vasodilation) therefore reducing the inflamation to the area. Since it also is a topical analgesic it reduces the pain.

however it won't keep the acne from comming back and Vicks is very harsh on the skin and causes the skin to dry and flake off. so you'll end up with oily/flaky thin skin.

Archived