Jeon Ji Hyun 전지현 - Upcoming Drama : Polaris

hongchae1

Guest queenjihyun

hi everyone! as a new jeon ji hyun fan can anyone tell me which are one of her biggest fansites that i should check out? preferably an english one that might have subs to interviews and behind the scenes stuff?

Hi welcome to goddess thread..i think this soompi thread is the biggest jjh english fansites.hehe.and an updated one..you can also check her korean fansite dc here http://m.dcinside.com/list.php?id=jihyun and chinese weibo http://s.weibo.com/weibo/%E5%85%A8%E6%99%BA%E8%B4%A4 

You will always be updated with goddess by checking that site..just use google translate..hehehe

And if you are curious if goddess have any social media act that personally updated by her or her mngt sadly she has NONE..

Edited by queenjihyun

Guest queenjihyun

Actress Jun Ji-hyun shows affection for her sniper character1

restmb_idxmake.php?idx=23&simg=%2Fphoto%

Star of "My Love from the Stars" Jun Ji-hyun on Monday showed strong affection for her role as a female sniper in the new local action movie about an assassination plot during the Japanese colonial rule on the Korean Peninsula.

I decided to be in this film a long time ago and have since privately prepared for this," Jun said during a news conference to promote the thriller, "Assassination."

In the action-packed flick set in 1933's Seoul and Shanghai, she plays the protagonist named An Ok-yun, a female shooter who teams up with a gun expert and a bomb expert for an important mission from the provisional Korean government in exile in Shanghai. The mission was to kill the commander of the Japanese troops in Korea and his Korean collaborator. Korea was a colony of Japan from 1910 to 1945.

The 33-year-old actress said the thought that this might be the only chance in her acting career to appear in a film led by a female character drove her to work harder.

"I received lots of training to become familiar with guns and even cut my long hair to make myself look like a tough woman."

Directed by Choi Dong-hoon, best known for "The Thieves" (2012) and "Tazza: The High Rollers" (2006) the new film evolves around the assassination squad and a ruthless paid assassin who begins to hunt them down for money.

Like Choi's previous box-office sensation, "The Thieves," the new film boasts an all-star cast that also includes Lee Jung-jae for the role of a mysterious police chief of the provisional Korean government, Ha Jung-woo for the contract assassin as well as Oh Dal-soo, Cho Jin-woong and Choi Duk-moon.

The film has also drawn much media attention for its budget of 18 billion won (US$15.9 million), four times higher than that of an average homegrown film.

Jun, who already is a household name in South Korea, rose to stardom in China along with actor Kim Soo-hyun when their Korean television series "My Love from the Stars" became a runaway hit there.

The scriptwriter/director Choi said it took a long time for him to write the film, loosely based on historical facts, because it was totally different from what he had previously done.

"I scrapped an earlier version of the script that I had worked on for a year and created a new version. It was a really difficult job, so I even felt ashamed of myself for being such a terrible writer."

The work suddenly went smoothly when he opted to let the people take time to try to read the minds of the characters, rather than trying to allocate a lot of running time to directly present the characters in the film, according to him.

"I learned a lot from this movie and it will be a turning point in my career," he said.

"Assassination" is set to open in local theaters next Wednesday.

cr: http://m.yna.co.kr/mob2/en/contents_en.jsp?cid=AEN20150713011500315&domain=3&ctype=A&site=0100000000&input=rss

Thanks for the info. Miu miu is new in her collections, right? Rarely heard of her wearing this brand...

I don't recall her wearing Miu Miu either. I LOVE MIU MIU! The Resort 2016 collection is a bit edgier than usual but edgy is good too. Adding Miu Miu to the ever growing list of high end designer brands that goddess wears and carries...Gucci, Hermes, Saint Laurent, Lanvin, Jimmy Choo, Givenchy, Fendi, Tods, Ralph Lauren, Marc Jacobs, etc, etc, etc. At this point I think that every high end designer is trying to get her to wear their stuff. 

Edited by demarchelier
  • Like 1

Guest queenjihyun

TOP SEARCH ON WEIBO "ASSASSINATION JEON JI HYUN"

5d1d1feajw1eu2e0y0q39j20hs0vk0vg.jpg

cto

Im reading comments about this topic on weibo everyone thought goddess was assasinated..lol..the hot search should be "asssasination movie jeon ji hyun" that is much clearer..hahaha

Edited by queenjihyun

CINE 21

Hidden Content

ct

I downloaded the digital issue of Cine 21 No. 1013 on iTunes. It's so cool! The cover is like a mini video. Ha Jung Woo is knocking on the door, and JJH opens the door. Bravo, Cine 21, this is what digital media is all about! I hope someone makes a gif out of it.

Edited by demarchelier
  • Like 1

Guest queenjihyun

CINE 21

Hidden Content

ct

I downloaded the digital issue of Cine 21 No. 1013 on iTunes. It's so cool! The cover is like a mini video. Ha Jung Woo is knocking on the door, and JJH opens the door. Bravo, Cine 21, this is what digital media is all about!

wow so cool..heheh..hope you can share it here..btw im so curious about yesterday assassination premiere is it already been shown on cinema but only the press can watch it? @demarchelier

Guest queenjihyun

CINE 21 NO. 1013 COVER (DIGITAL EDITION) gif

Here you go. Not the best. I'm a gif noob.

wow so cool...tnx for the gif :D

Edited by queenjihyun

Guest queenjihyun

Review: ASSASSINATION Shoots Up A Storm With Stuffed To The Gills Spy Yarn

rsz_2015_-_assassination_still_1-thumb-6

What has so far been a slow year for Korean cinema is about to get a huge shot of adrenaline as Assassination, the latest from Choi Dong-hoon, is set to storm the stage and usher in the high season at the local box office. A considerable chunk of the country's biggest stars throw themselves into the director's high octane Colonial Era action-thriller that swaps out his usual caper shenanigans for an operatic espionage yarn.

In the 1930s, an agent from the exiled Provisional Government of the Republic of Korea, which is headquartered in Shanghai, pulls together a team of independence fighters consisting of top sharpshooter Ok-yoon and her partners Big Gun and explosives expert Deok-sam. Their mission is to wipe out some military figures and a high-standing Japanese sympathizer in Seoul. The only thing stopping them is hired gun Hawaii Pistol and his partner Young-gam, who have been contracted to take out the team.

Korean cinema has proven its ability to perform at the top level time and again, and Assassination is another step forward for its technical prowess. Grand and sublimely mounted, it's a terribly impressive feat, however, the ornateness of its design also bleeds into the project as a whole, at times rendering it unwieldy. Choi places a lot of emphasis on history, but not half as much as he does on guns and bullets. With its epic scope and story of a nation's struggle to gain independence against a brutal oppressor, the film seeks to tickle a nationalist itch, but the saga on display here is complicated and burdened by too many characters, some that you may have forgotten about when they return later in crucial scenes.

Bodies hit the floor and sets are strewn with bullet holes from the very start and the many set pieces that follow each upstage one another, adding more guns, bigger explosions, grander sets and more mayhem. Though slow-mo is used sparingly, the action tends towards the balletic, with lithe gunslingers gracefully contorting themselves through locations that splinter and crumble all around them.

Visually arresting, thrilling and easy to follow, the level of action on display in Assassination is of a high order and has few parallels in Korean cinema. If it falls just short of being completely satisfying, it's because we are never given the opportunity to become fully invested in the characters. The problem lies within its complex narrative and a reliance on contrived plot twists. During an overstuffed 140-minute narrative that drags at times, particularly as a series of neat climaxes push the film beyond its natural ending point, it never quite reaches the emotional peaks it strives for.

What isn't an issue is the casting, which is excellent across the board. Much like he did with his previous blockbuster The Thieves (2012), Choi has assembled a veritable who's who of the local film scene, including returning stars Gianna Jun, Lee Jung-jae, Oh Dal-su and Kim Hae-sook, and new faces Ha Jung-woo, Cho Jin-woong and Lee Kyoung-young.

In her most challenging role to date, Gianna Jun (aka Jun Ji-hyun) is convincing as a precision sniper with mettle, conviction and still plenty of vulnerability. Playing Hawaii Pistol, Ha Jung-woo doesn't show us anything he hasn't before, but his confident and effortlessly cool turn cements his status as Korea's answer to Paul Newman. Rounding out the leads is Lee Jung-jae, who has grown tremendously as a performer in recent years and navigates a tricky character trajectory with aplomb and the same deep-pitched cadence he used in The Face Reader (2013). Meanwhile, Oh Dal-su and Cho Jin-woong provide terrific support and most of the film's humor.

Also delivering the goods are cinematographer Kim Woo-hyung and lighting director Kim Seung-gyu, who lend a rich, redolent tone to both the location photography (some of it in Shanghai) and studio-shot scenes, and legendary production designer Ryu Seung-hee (Oldboy, 2003), who contributes beautiful and richly detailed sets. Less successful is the uneven scoring from Dalparan and Jang Young-gyu, which spans an array of genres and tones that don't always sit comfortably with what's happening on screen.

It doesn't come together as a completely satisfying package but Assassination is frequently compelling and packed with standout moments, including the sight of a heavily moustachioed Oh Dal-su chomping down on a cigar as he lets loose with a tommy gun in 1930s Shanghai. A brief appearance by a French Inspector Melville is also a nice nod to Choi's influences, and one can certainly detect a hint of Alain Delon in the film's central assassins.

cr: http://twitchfilm.com/2015/07/review-assassination-shoots-up-a-storm-with-stuffed-to-the-gills-spy-yarn.html

Edited by queenjihyun

Review: ASSASSINATION Shoots Up A Storm With Stuffed To The Gills Spy Yarn

Hidden Content

cr: http://twitchfilm.com/2015/07/review-assassination-shoots-up-a-storm-with-stuffed-to-the-gills-spy-yarn.html

I think that the film review was good. The film reviewer fairly pointed out what he liked and didn't like about Assassination. He liked the acting and cinematography. He had issues with the plot, but Director Choi received the same criticism in his other films too which were blockbuster hits. I loved what he said about JJH's acting...

In her most challenging role to date, Gianna Jun (aka Jun Ji-hyun) is convincing as a precision sniper with mettle, conviction and still plenty of vulnerability.:wub:

The reviewer sounded like that he liked the movie overall...

It doesn't come together as a completely satisfying package but Assassination is frequently compelling and packed with standout moments

Edited by demarchelier
  • Like 1

FACE OF A THOUSAND EMOTIONS JO SEUNG WOO...SPECIAL APPEARANCE IN 'ASSASSINATION' AS INDEPENDENCE FIGHTER

[Korean News - Sports Q - 14 July 2015]

Actor Jo Seung Woo makes a special appearance in the blockbuster film 'Assassination'.

Jo Seung Woo will play real-life independence fighter in history, Kim Won Bong (1889-1958), who in the 1930's Shanghai was a commander in the Korean Liberation Army of the Provisional Government of the Republic Korea. With the leader of the provisional government, Kim Gu, Kim Won Bong organized three death squads for assassination operations against pro-Japanese. After liberation of Korea, Kim Won Bong remained in North Korea and was purged.

-------------------------------

I'm not going to translate the whole article because it talks about his extensive acting career. Oh my gawd, goddess! You already have Ha Jung Woo and Lee Jung Jae in the film. Now, you have Jo Seung Woo, too! You know what's sad...that there is probably no love line in this movie.:( I understand that it's a movie about a very important, dark time in Korean history, but dammit, independence fighters need love too!

Edited by demarchelier
  • Like 1

Cast of ‘Assassination’ to appear on High Cut’s next cover

Four actors and film director Choi Dong-hoon will featured in an interview for High Cut prior to the release of espionage action film “Assassination” on July 22.

“Choi’s enthusiasm is absolutely amazing. To me, he’s more like a senior member from my good old college movie club,” said Ha Jung-woo, who plays top-notch sniper Hawaii Pistol in the film. Ha, as a movie director himself, (2013’s “Fasten Your Seatbelt” and 2015’s “Chronicle of a Blood Merchant”) hinted that he was planning to work on his third screenplay after he finishing work on his next movie “Agassi” in August.

(High Cut)

Actor Oh Dal-su attentively said “I am looking for another 10 million-viewer-mark for ‘Assassination.’ That’s obviously not an easy record.” In fact, Oh, who plays Pomade in the film, has been busy lately with prominent supporting roles, with the films selling a total of more than 100 million tickets so far.

Now on his third collaboration with Ha Jung-woo, Cho Jin-woong seems to enjoying working with Ha, complimenting his sense of humor. He also remarked on his costar, actress Jun Ji-hyun. “To be honest, I was surprised how she could immerse herself into the character,” he said.

Meanwhile, Lee Jung-jae reportedly lost 15 kilograms for the role by cutting down on drinking, salt and all sorts of spices. He plays Yeom Seok-jin, an agent working for Korea’s interim government, in the film.

Ha Jung-woo(left) and Lee Jung-jae (High Cut)

Set in the 1930s during Japanese colonial rule, “Assassination” tells the story of Korean activists in Seoul and China who are hiding from Japanese authorities.

The complete interview in Korean, including more of the photographs, will be published in High Cut’s issue no. 154.

By Ko Ji-seon (jiseonko@heraldcorp.com)

why no JJH?????