Jeon Ji Hyun 전지현 - Upcoming Drama : Polaris

hongchae1

JEON JI HYUN'S HABIT OF TOUCHING HER HAIR, TOUCHING, TOUCHING, ONCE AGAIN TOUCHING

[Korean News - NEWSEN - 23 JUNE 2015]

I was wondering if any Korean media outlets were going to say something about JJH always adjusting her hair. Newsen didn't disappoint. All in good fun. Love you, goddess! Newsen's photos of JJH's signature habit.;)

i-GFZQpWk-L.jpg

i-DgFT7r4-L.jpg

i-tx73nDf-XL.jpg

i-3Ngcj4x-L.jpg

i-QhHgLQJ-M.jpg

i-7pWMFf3-L.jpg

i-mMsQ7zm-L.jpg

i-ZD95Mj9-L.jpg

i-HhMNVrN-L.jpg

cr as tagged

Edited by demarchelier
  • Like 6

Guest queenjihyun

Hahaha her trademark."hair touching" .but im curious why the media did not notice her new piercing..now i wonder if that's real or not..hahah

'Thieves' director returns with thriller

16-01(507).jpg

By Baek Byung-yeul 

While most Korean films failed to connect with local audiences this year, director Choi Dong-hoon, one of the most profitable filmmakers at the box office, returns with a period action thriller "Assassination" in July.

For his much anticipated espionage feature, Choi -- who brought nearly 13 million to theaters to see his 2012 action flick "The Thieves" -- presents an intertwining story of independence fighters who embark on an attempt to assassinate Japanese high-ranking officials in 1933 Seoul, when the Korean Peninsula was colonized by Japan (1910-1945).

"This film is a story of people from different backgrounds, such as pro-Japanese groups, independent fighters and contract killers," Choi told reporters at a press call in Apgujeong, southern Seoul, Monday. "It was my dream to direct a film set in the 1930s of Korea."

Choi said he embarked on a plan to direct this film after he felt curious about an old photo of the independent fighters.

"In a photo, there are people who we recognize instantly, but there are also many people whose names we don't even know. I put my focus on those nameless fighters thinking of how they had their mind to fight against Japanese imperialism.

"Also, I've noticed that a lot of younger generations are unaware of the Japanese colonial era. To tell the story of this period to them, I have studied a lot about this era as well," Choi said.

Choi added he planned to direct this film when he finished directing his second film "Tazza: The High Rollers" in 2006, but had to scrap the plan because he felt he was not ready yet.

"I wanted to direct this film right after ‘Tazza.' I was 36 years old then, but had to stop writing screenplays several times as I felt I was not ready for it. I could finish the story after ‘Thieves,'" Choi said.

"Assassination" features a number of familiar names. Actress Jun Ji-hyun, who also featured in "The Thieves," takes the leading role of female sniper Ahn Ok-yun, who plans to kill a Japanese army commander after receiving a mission from government agent Yeom Seok-jin (played by Lee Jung-jae). She is assisted by two comrades played by actors Cho Jin-woong and Choi Duk-moon.

However, they are soon put on the verge of failing to achieve the goal when they encounter a gunslinger called the Hawaii Pistol, played by Ha Jung-woo.

"It's hard to find a film that revolves around an actress, so I was honored to take a leading role in Choi's film," Jun said, adding she also would like to present audiences a moment to think about their history.

With a budget of 18 billion won ($16 million), "Assassination" was filmed over five months in Shanghai and Seoul.

"Assassination" will screen nationwide on July 22.

THE KOREA TIMES - 23 JUNE 2015

Edited by demarchelier
  • Like 4

Jeon Ji-hyeon, Lee Jeong-jae and Jo Jin-woong, why they chose "The Assassination"

photo605614.jpg

How did class A stars like Jeon Ji-hyeon, Lee Jeong-jae and Ha Jeong-woo get together for producer Choi Dong-hoon's "The Assassination"? "The Assassination" is the newest work by Choi Dong-hoon in 3 years. Based in 1930 Shanghai and Kyeong-seong, a group of asassins (Jeon Ji-hyeon, Jo Jin-woong and Choi Deok-moon) are rounded up to kill the pro-Japanese group. The movie was everyone's interest from the early stages of production with an incredible cast made up of Jeon Ji-hyeon, Lee Jeong-jae, Ha Jeong-woo, Oh Dal-soo, Jo Jin-woong, Choi Deok-moon and more. The power of this cast is good enough to make 2~3 movies. This round-up was only possible because of Choi Dong-hoon's 'story'. The fact that the movie deals with the 1930s, the set in Kyeong-seong and Shanghai and how each and every character is portrayed in three-dimensional ways drew everyone's attention. Stories from behind the scene from the producer and cast of "The Assassination" were told at the production premiere on the 22nd. 

-Why did you decide to do this?

Ha Jeong-woo, "It was 2 years ago at the Busan International Film Festival when I spoke to Choi Dong-hoon about "The Assassination". We talked over dinner. As a fan of his who enjoyed his past work, having the chance to work with him was such a thrill. I really did want to work with him one day. So I didn't hesitate when I was offered a role. I also liked the name Hawaii Pistol. 50% of the reason I decided to do it was because of the name".

Lee Jeong-jae, "I was excited when I got the script. I worried if I would be able to do it. I think of an image naturally when I look at Choi Dong-hoon's work. It's even better because all the characters are alive. I knew this was going to be a good movie". 

Jeon Ji-hyeon, "I've known Choi Dong-hoon since "The Thieves" and we talk a lot. We even spoke about what his next film would be after "The Thieves" while we traveled abroad promotionally. Then one day he told me he was working on "The Assassination". I was surprised when I saw what it was. It was a really fun story and I fell for it. The character was a plus too".

Jo Jin-woong, "I was grateful that there was such a story. I wondered how exciting it would be when the movie was released to the public. I liked the weight of the movie too. Also, I played a Japanese character in "The Admiral: Roaring Currents" so I wanted to play a Korean character next. My character in "The Assassination" is a solider for national independence. I knew I had to do it right away".

Choi Deok-moon, "My lines in "The Thieves" were mostly Chinese so many people think I am Chinese. I wanted to try someone Korean next time and it just so happened that this time, I am playing a Korean character". 

-What was your intention behind the movie?

Choi Dong-hoon, "There was something I wanted to try after "The War Of Flower" but it fell through. The 1930s could be an era of romance but it interested me that it was still a time of struggle for independence". 

-The scale of the movie is quite large.

Choi Dong-hoon, "The set looks outstanding through footage or pictures. I personally think actors and actresses are good at what they do when they are who they are supposed to be in the movie and in a set like this. It might be tiring but they will concentrate better". 

Jo Jin-woong, "The set was great. I was happy while I was there. The camera rail looked like train tracks as it was really long". 

-The movie cost 18 million won to make, any pressure?

Choi Dong-hoon, "I thought I was going crazy as I wrote the scenario. The budget was expanding more and more so I couldn't sleep. However, pressure disappears while you make the movie like a runner who doesn't feel anything after 30km. Instead, I work harder to make sure the money doesn't go to waste". 

Jeon Ji-hyeon, "I cut my hair short but I concentrated more on shooting a gun. I had to look natural as I was a sniper so I practiced a lot. I became better the more I shot my scenes. I even shoot guns to relieve stress".

Choi Deok-moon, "Jeon Ji-hyeon is amazing. Usually, your eyes blink when you shoot but she didn't".

Jo Jin-woong, "I agree she's amazing".

-Lee Jeong-jae lost 15 kg?

Lee Jeong-jae, "I wanted to understand my character and express him naturally. I prepared even the smallest details. I lost weight because I figured he was a sensitive type of person. I asked our set cook not to marinate my food. We usually talk about today and tomorrow after the day's work is done over some beers but I drank soda instead. I just wanted to do my best for the sake of everyone around me who were doing their best. I wanted to look sharp by losing weight and I wanted to do it dramatically. I bullied myself". 

Who is the most different in front of camera and behind it?

Choi Deok-moon, "I think it's Jeon Ji-hyeon. She's very carefree outside of the frame".

-What do you want to deliver to your audience?

Choi Dong-hoon, "I was singing the National Anthem of Korea after we were done with the Shanghai scene. I thought about precious things in life thanks to this movie. I felt patriotic and I hope everyone else does too. If "The Thieves" was like a picnic, "The Assassination" is like going hiking".

Read more at: http://tr.im/MbRMR

HANCINEMA - 22 JUNE 2015

Edited by demarchelier
  • Like 3

JJH'S GUCCI AD SPOTTED AT THE NAVY EXCHANGE MALL (NEX) IN HONOLULU, HAWAII

FINALLY a Gucci Ad spotted in my country. Yes, it's Hawaii but still in the USA. In a shopping mall run by the US Department of Defense no less.:D

11410459_1597277327198530_358996715_n.jp

cr: IG@ironyman

Edited by demarchelier
  • Like 3

BTS of Assassination

OCPfrJR.gif

2pJNZyI.gif

cr: dcinside

JJH'S GUCCI AD SPOTTED AT THE NAVY EXCHANGE MALL (NEX) IN HONOLULU, HAWAII

FINALLY a Gucci Ad spotted in my country. Yes, it's Hawaii but still in the USA. In a shopping mall run by the US Department of Defense no less.:D

cr: IG@ironyman

At first I thought Gucci ad is asia wide but looks like its world wide. Amazing JJH, I'm proud to be her fan.

• Like 3

Guest queenjihyun

I wonder what's hjw said here about goddess..hehehe

005wdQZbgw1etf0civ6hdg30870464qp.gif

Can't wait to see goddess again...i will be focus on her left ear if that piercing is real or not. hahaha

005XYqOGgw1eted0g658tg30690b41ky.gif

Cto

@queenjihyun Do you have the link of the video?maybe we can ask some fans of jjh to translate it ..hehehe..seems like it is about her cf..

Regarding her piercing maybe she wants to convey something seems like she keeps on pushing her hair back against her ear to show it more..

I wanted her movie promotions to be more relax and fun just like the thieves full of interactions between the actors to showing more of the real them..

• Like 2

Guest queenjihyun

@queenjihyun Do you have the link of the video?maybe we can ask some fans of jjh to translate it ..hehehe..seems like it is about her cf..

Regarding her piercing maybe she wants to convey something seems like she keeps on pushing her hair back against her ear to show it more..

I wanted her movie promotions to be more relax and fun just like the thieves full of interactions between the actors to showing more of the real them..

here...http://m.dcinside.com/view.php?id=jihyun&no=104862&page=1

I noticed that too.hahaha..i wonder why the media don't notice it..

Edited by queenjihyun

Guest skyelee

Hi all! Promotion period is such a lovely time for all of us JJH fans, isn't it? ^_^ I'm very happy to see her again... those press con photos make her look like a student in uniform haha! <3

Anyway, to the Filipino fans out there, SineAsia will be showing The Thieves in SM Cinemas this July 1st! You can check out SineAsia's page on Facebook or check out this link: https://www.facebook.com/SineAsia/photos/a.608392809296363.1073741828.608347745967536/643287592473551/?type=1&permPage=1

It's going to be dubbed in Filipino though, so I don't know how keen you are about that. I, for one, really like watching Korean content in its original form and only with subtitles because I'm also still learning the language for fun, but I can tell you that I've seen the SineAsia dubbed version of Lee Minho's Gangnam Blues, and it wasn't so bad. (Although of course if you've already seen The Thieves countless times--like me--on your computer/TV screen, then that's fine too. Haha.)

@demarchelier is there a news of whom will be JJH's husband in the movie????

Cho Seung Woo will do a cameo there.(The guy form the movie The Classic with Son Ye Jin). 

Wondering if he is the one who will act as JJH's husband?????

source from weibo:

Edited by RachelleN
  • Like 2

Cho Seung Woo will do a cameo there.(The guy form the movie The Classic with Son Ye Jin). 

source from weibo:

There was an article about who was playing her husband in the beginning of filming, but I can't find it anymore. I saw the Cho Seung Woo thing on weibo, too. It would be really cool if he played the husband. He's another actor on my wish list for an OTP pairing with JJH.

• Like 1

source from weibo:

There was an article about who was playing her husband in the beginning of filming, but I can't find it anymore. I saw the Cho Seung Woo thing on weibo, too. It would be really cool if he played the husband. He's another actor on my wish list for an OTP pairing with JJH.

yeah, I hope he will be the one. But maybe the one with husband is her twin sister right, not the sniper????

• Like 1