Jeon Ji Hyun 전지현 - Upcoming Drama : Polaris

hongchae1

she looks so happy.is it open for livestreaming?,is the presscon already over @demarchelier..

I don't know if they're livestreaming the press conference. The conference started 11:00AM KST so about a half hour ago. Naver's JJH news thread is exploding.

• Like 4

Guest jisan08

Cr: theFact

Q's for JJH
[TF영상] '암살' 독한 여자(?) 전지현, '총 쏘기를 가장 열심히'

[TF영상] '암살' 조진웅, "이번엔 꼭! 한국인이고 싶었다"

Jun Ji-hyun released stress by shooting guns

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20150622

Korean actress Jun Ji-hyun said she found shooting guns “stress-relieving” at a press call for an upcoming film “Assassination,” Monday.

“I concentrated on practicing shooting because ... I thought it has to be natural for a sniper,” said Jun, who plays a freedom fighter and sniper in the action film.

Jun said that at the beginning, it was “extremely awkward” and “unnatural” for her to use guns, but it became more natural for her over time.

“Later, I would go with the mindset ‘I’d better go and shoot some bullets today’ to relieve stress. It became that much more natural for me,” said Jun.

The historical action film “Assassination” is set in 1930s Shanghai and Seoul, under Japanese colonial rule.

Jun and male actors Ha Jung-woo and Lee Jung-jae play the main characters, who are coconspirators against the Japanese government, which ruled South Korea until its defeat in World War II.

Jun plays a nationalist sniper, Lee plays a gang leader and Korean provisional government agent, and Ha plays a contract killer.

Jun also said, “It’s hard to find films these days with actresses in central roles,” and that it was an “honor” to work again with director Choi Dong-hun.

Jun previously worked with Choi in the 2012 crime blockbuster “The Thieves,” which he both directed and cowrote.

“Assassination” is slated for release on July 22.

By Yoon Sarah 

KPOP Herald - 22 June 2015

Edited by demarchelier
  • Like 4

The KPOP HERALD article about 'Jun Ji Hyun Released Stress By Shooting Guns' pretty much summed up your article. All the articles are all saying pretty much the same thing: film about resistance fighters, 1930's Shanghai, who is playing which character (JJH as Ahn Ok Yun), etc. She thanked the press for coming and said filming took a long time. The important thing from your article was JJH saying "It's hard to find films these days with actresses in central roles and that it was an honor to work again with director Choi Dong Hoon."

Netizens comments..

[+1284,-87] Is JJH pretty much enough to catapult a movie or drama?? Her face is so mysterious and you are confused with mysticism

[+1135,-73] ???It's uncertain whether or not JJH will do a project once a year so far it's been almost a year 

[+937,-74] JJH has consistently worked and her acting leaves a favorable impression

[+783,-86] I'm honored to see a movie starring JJH

Edited by demarchelier
  • Like 3

Guest queenjihyun

Goddess matches her outfit with the cast by wearing a suit and tie hehe..cool..

62119_76358_3422.jpg

I so love her new piercing.....

d68bb607gw1etcoe562njj20eq0jztb6.jpg

92e4d1c0gw1etd1qg3p9zj20dw0kudic.jpg

Guest queenjihyun

Wow, she looks so cheerful today. Wonder if she borrow that tie from her husband :P

Hahaha that what also im thinking about that tie.. i love her aura today. :wub:

Guest queenjihyun

'Assassination' an ode to Korea's independence fighters

The year is 1933. A female sniper, a gun expert and a bomb expert are pulled into an unlikely ragtag team by a political mastermind to assassinate two key figures in the Japanese regime governing Korea. Their plan is slipped to a ruthless paid assassin, who begins to hunt them down.

The plot of the upcoming film “Assassination” is thrilling enough in and of itself to be a box office success, but according to director Choi Dong-hoon the aim of the movie is to tell the story of those who fought for justice in Korea’s darkest era.

“I read a lot of books while preparing this movie,” Choi said at a press conference at CGV Apgujeong on Monday. “When I was looking through photos of the independence fighters, I came across a lot of people that have gone down in history, but also photos of people whose names we would never know. It gave me a strange feeling. I began to wonder how they lived, where their courage came from. I wanted to make a film remembering those who should never be forgotten.”

In order to bring those people to life, Choi, who helmed past hits like “Tazza: The High Rollers” (2006) and “The Thieves” (2012) brought together an all-star cast. Jun Ji-hyun (also known abroad as Gianna Jun) played the female shooter leading the assassination plot, while other key characters were played by A-listers such as Lee Jung-jae in the part of the mysterious mastermind, Ha Jung-woo in the part of the mercenary assassin, as well as Cho Jin-woong, Choi Duk-moon and Oh Dal-soo.

The film was long in the making. Choi first had the idea for the scenario while shooting “Tazza,” and scrapped an earlier version of the script in order to create a movie with more depth.

“We actually spoke about the movie quite a bit when we were promoting ‘The Thieves,’” said Jun. “When he told me about the film, I knew that it would be a truly unique story. I suggested a lot of different ideas to him, but when the final script came out I was so surprised. The characters were so diverse, and the plot was riveting. I was amazed that the story we had talked about could end up like this.”

“Assassination” was filmed over five months in Shanghai and Seoul, with elaborate action scenes taking place on sprawling, lavish sets recreating the ambience of 1930s Gyeongseong (Seoul‘s name at the time) and the Provisional Government of Korea in Shanghai. 

“I felt that the best environment for the actors to bring out their characters required accurate recreations of the clothing and spaces of the 1930s,” Choi said.

All together, the film cost an impressive 18 billion won ($16 million) to make, bringing together Korea’s top names in costuming, set design, lighting and production. 

“The Korean independence movement was a long fight, with heroes that are unimaginable for ordinary people like me,” Choi said. “I wanted to make this an entertaining film and a meaningful film. I tried my very best to express the rough, agonizing and lonely emotion of those years.”

“Assassination” opens in local theaters on July 22.

cr:http://m.kpopherald.com/view.php?ud=201506221647116183186_2

Btw guys do  you know the actor who will be the husband of jjh in the movie??

Oops...sawry. Cho Jin Woong plays Rapid-Fire (Soksapo). Park Byung Eun, maybe? I can't find the article mentioning the actor who will play her husband. He was a late addition to the cast.

Edited by demarchelier
  • Like 2

Guest queenjihyun

[Spot] Assassination Jun Ji-hyun, I Relived My Stress by Shooting A Gun

43.jpg

The production presentation for film “Assassination” was held on June 22 at CGV Theater in Apgujung-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul. Cast members Jun Ji-hyun, Ha Jung-woo, Lee Jung-jae, Jo Jin-woong, Choi Deok-moon, Oh Dal-soo and director Choi Dong-hoon attended the briefing.

The film depicts an unpredictable suspense of people with no identity, nationality nor forgiveness: an army for national independence, officer of de facto government and a hit man who all gathered for a secretive assassination scheme. “Assassination” portrays a historical background in the 1930s of Shanghai and Gyeongseong(former name of Seoul).

Actress Jun Ji-hyun played Ahn Ok-yoon, an army sniper.

“It’s been a while. I am pleased to introduce a new film after a hiatus. I am very honored to be part of a film with a female lead,” said Jun Ji-hyun.

She continued, “This is the second time I’m working with director Choi after “The Thieves”. I remember having a talk with him about what his next film would be. Since then, I have always waited for the news. The intriguing script as well as the various characters won me over. I was so happy when I got the offer.”

33.jpg

“Assassination” is alleged to be a visual treat, featuring a noble scale and spectacular sets. “The Mitskosi Deparment Sore set will especially catch your eyes. I felt like I was in that period of time. I had a scene where Ahn Yoon-ok was mesmerized by the magnificent size of the building, and since I too was impressed with the set, the acting just came out of me,” she said. “I am pretty sure a number of women could have not been able to pass by the building.”

Jun transformed into a sniper in the film. “There were many of shooting scenes, so I had to practice a lot. I wanted to look natural because Yoon-ok was a professional sniper. It was awkward and difficult at first, but I got used to it as time passed. I even relieved my stress in those scenes,” laughed the actress.

“I seldom had moments when I could feel independent and free. That is why I act; I feel I am unrestricted when I’m acting. And I hope this film makes the audience feel the same.”

“Assassination” will hit the theaters in Korea on July 22.

cr:http://www.getitk.com/spot-assassination-jun-ji-hyun-i-relived-my-stress-by-shooting-a-gun/?lang=en

Edited by queenjihyun