Jeon Ji Hyun 전지현 - Upcoming Drama : Polaris

hongchae1

THE ASSASSINATION PRESS CONFERENCE THAT WAS SCHEDULED FOR JUNE 10TH AT THE CGV APGUJEONG WAS CANCELLED DUE TO CONCERN FOR MERS. DAMN IT, STUPID MERS! {FLIPPING TABLES, SHAKING FISTS}

This is what concerns me most about the film... people might not go to cinemas because of MERS scare... This would greatly affect ticket sales... It should be resolve before July. ....

Yes, I hope so too that the Korean government gets a handle on this MERS thing pretty soon. Obviously, foremost the health and safety of people. Also, we want the 10 million+ viewers who are planning to come see Assassination not to worry about MERS. 

• Like 1

Guest queenjihyun

201506081750779670_557557765c674_99_2015

THE ASSASSINATION PRESS CONFERENCE THAT WAS SCHEDULED FOR JUNE 10TH AT THE CGV APGUJEONG WAS CANCELLED DUE TO CONCERN FOR MERS. DAMN IT, STUPID MERS! {FLIPPING TABLES, SHAKING FISTS}

This is what concerns me most about the film... people might not go to cinemas because of MERS scare... This would greatly affect ticket sales... It should be resolve before July. ....

That is also what im concern about the upcoming release of the movie in july that because of MERS maybe it will affect the ticket sales..we can't blame the moviegoers health first before anything...so sad about the presscon being cancelled..im looking forward for goddess appearnce coz i know by june goddess will be busy promoting the film...

Edited by queenjihyun

Guest queenjihyun

GODDESS  SHOOTING CF AT MYEONDONG 

78f71552jw1eswtk67k0jj20p018g135.jpg

78f71552jw1eswtk8dectj20p018ggxd.jpg

Cr: weibo

Edited by queenjihyun

201506081750779670_557557765c674_99_2015

That is also what im concern about the upcoming release of the movie in july that because of MERS maybe it will affect the ticket sales.can'tme the moviegoers health first before anything...so sad about the presscon being cancelled..im looking forward for goddess appearnce coz i know by june goddess will be busy promoting the film..

​Jeez i hope this will be resolved   before July.  I read from weibo that the  premiere date of this movie will be on July 30.

Edited by RachelleN

do u think is there a chance for JJH to guest here????? Hoping. She appeared as a guest  in Korea's Master Chef Celeb Edition last March 2013.

Embedded image permalink

Kim Soo Hyun and Jeon Ji Hyun are invited as guests for "Super Idol" program.
This is an audition reality show by Anhui TV, MBC and top artist management companies in Korea. A total of 12 episodes which plans to start in early July 2015.

Both of their schedules are full and to coordinate their schedule, program group waited nearly 3 months and if all goes well, the 2014 most favorite "National CP" in #YouWhoCameFromTheStars will appear in this variety show.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/ent/2015-06/08/c_127891399.htm

cr: starsJo

• Like 1

I USUALLY FIND SURVEYS AND POLLS DUBIOUS, BUT IT WAS NICE TO SEE JJH'S NAME BE MENTIONED NEXT TO SUCH ACTING BIG SHOTS SONG KANG HO, JEON DO YEON, KIM HYE SOO, HA JUNG WOO, AND HWANG JUNG MIN. THANK YOU KOREAN MOVIEGOERS IN NAMING JJH AS ONE OF YOUR FAVORITE ACTORS.

--------------------------------------------------------------

SONG KANG HO AND JEON DO YEON NAMED BEST ACTORS IN SURVEY

A survey of 10,447 moviegoers conducted by Maxmovie on May 11 and 12 showed that actors Song Kang-ho and Jeon Do-yeon were considered the best actors by Korean audiences.

In the male category, Song Kang-ho (known for films like 2013’s “Snowpiercer”) was followed by Choi Min-sik (“Oldboy” from 2003) and Ha Jung-woo (2013’s “The Berlin File”). In the female category, Jeon Do-yeon, whose movie “The Shameless” was recently screened at the Cannes Film Festival‘s Un Certain Regard section, was closely followed by Kim Hye-soo, whose film “Coin Locker Girl” was shown at Semaine de la Critique in Cannes.

Song Kang-ho was also at the top of the list of “favorite actor,” followed by Ha Jung-woo and Hwang Jung-min (2014’s “Ode to My Father”). In the female category, Kim Hye-soo surpassed Jeon Do-yeon to take the top spot, with Jeon Ji-hyeon (from the TV series “My Love from the Star”) coming in third. Jeon’s upcoming film “Assassination” is set to open in local theaters in July.

Conspicuously absent from the male cateogry was Lee Byung-hun, who had been a steady presence on top actor lists. He will also be coming to the big screen this summer via “Terminator Genisys.”

By Won Ho-jung (hjwon@heraldcorp.com)

KOREA HERALD - 07 June 2015

Edited by demarchelier
  • Like 2

Jeon Ji-hyeon, Lee Jeong-jae and Ha Jeong-woo's 'The Assassination' cancels press conference due to aftermath of MERS 

photo601020.jpg

The press conference for movie, "The Assassination" has been cancelled due to MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome). On June 8th, "The Assassination" said, "Due to the spread of MERS, we had to change our schedule for now". "The Assassination" was going to have a press conference in the morning on June 10th. The press conference will be rescheduled at a later date. This is not the first time that an event related to film industry has been cancelled. Director Im Sang-soo's new project, "Intimate Enemies" also cancelled their showcase event, which was supposed to be hold at Kunkuk University, as a precautionary measure. "The Assassination" has been drawing much attention with its star-studded cast including Jeon Ji-hyeon, Lee Jeong-jae, Ha Jeong-woo, Oh Dal-soo, Jo Jin-woong, Lee Kyeong-yeong, Choi Deok-moon and for being directly by director Choi Dong-hoon. "The Assassination" is scheduled to be released in July.

Source : www.xportsnews.com/?a...

Read more at: http://tr.im/HAxgO

Edited by demarchelier
  • Like 1

Here's some interesting news. This is from OSEN:

‘암살’ 전지현, 데뷔 후 첫 쌍둥이 자매 1인 2역 해냈다

First Time Since Her Debut Jeon Ji Hyun Will Play Twin Sisters In Assassination

201506090721774424_557615c53a5fd_99_2015

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003086043

I hope that I read the article correctly. Basically, it talks about how she takes on the dual role of playing twin sisters in Assassination. The release date of the film is July 30th.

Edited by demarchelier
  • Like 2

I hope that I read the article right. Basically, it talks about how she takes on the dual role of playing twin sisters in Assassination. The release date of the film is July 30th.

​dual role????Wow sounds good. She did portray a dual role in her movie Windstruck but it's just so short.

I hope that I read the article right. Basically, it talks about how she takes on the dual role of playing twin sisters in Assassination. The release date of the film is July 30th.

​dual role????Wow sounds good. She did portray a dual role in her movie Windstruck but it's just so short.

I didn't watch Windstruck. Did she play the twins in the same frame, too, in that movie? The OSEN article talked about how they had to do reshoots of scenes.

Edited by demarchelier
  • Like 1

I didn't watch Windstruck. Did she play the twins in the same frame, too, in that movie? The OSEN article talked about how they had to do reshoots of scenes.

​yeah but that was too short cuz that's just a scene from her past.

Edited by RachelleN

Guest queenjihyun

Jun Ji-hyun to play twins in ‘Assassination’

Actress Jun Ji-hyun plays two roles -- twin sisters -- in the upcoming movie “Assassination,” it was revealed Tuesday. 

The movie, slated for release in July, tells the story of those fighting against Japan’s colonial rule of Korea in the first half of the 20th century. 

“Assassination” is set in 1930s Seoul and Shanghai. 

Jun plays Ahn Ok-yun, a sniper in the resistance against the Japanese. 

While on a mission to assassinate a major pro-Japanese figure, Jun’s character finds a woman who looks exactly like her.

The woman Jun discovers at the target’s home turns out to be her identical twin.

cr: http://m.kpopherald.com/view.php?ud=201506091725045902085_2

Jun Ji-hyun to play twins in ‘Assassination’

Actress Jun Ji-hyun plays two roles -- twin sisters -- in the upcoming movie “Assassination,” it was revealed Tuesday. 

The movie, slated for release in July, tells the story of those fighting against Japan’s colonial rule of Korea in the first half of the 20th century. 

“Assassination” is set in 1930s Seoul and Shanghai. 

Jun plays Ahn Ok-yun, a sniper in the resistance against the Japanese. 

While on a mission to assassinate a major pro-Japanese figure, Jun’s character finds a woman who looks exactly like her.

The woman Jun discovers at the target’s home turns out to be her identical twin.

cr: http://m.kpopherald.com/view.php?ud=201506091725045902085_2

Netizens comments...

[+764,-59] As expected with an awesome cast

[+665,-46] Assassination has extraordinary actors...happy to see JJH in a movie again

[+415,-37] Look forward to it {thumbs up}

[+415,-53] JJH!! Her acting is convincing...exceeding expectations. Assassination daebak

[+208,-18] Reporters, Assassination is not the first time JJH played twins in Windstruck

[+61,-6] What was her first twin role from before...Windstruck

• Like 2

Guest queenjihyun

So much to look forward for this movie..but it will be more exciting if they don't reveal that jjh has a twin on the movie..just let the audience be surprise when they watch it..hehe..And the premiere is change to july 30? It will be against tom cruise mission impossible 5. All the best for this movie and to all the cast specially to our goddess. I think this is the biggest role she's ever done in her movie career. Being the female lead role in an action movie in korea is a BIG DEAL.