Island

Action / Romance / Drama - Johnny Nguyen & Ngo Thanh Van
THE REBEL (Dòng Máu Anh Hùng) - Vietnamese Film 2007

coverwt7.jpg

Article:

The Rebel (Dòng Máu Anh Hùng)

http://twitchfilm.net/archives/007235.html

minhsl3.png

The Rebel (Dòng Máu Anh Hùng) aka Heroic Blood is a Vietnamese action film with the potential for success at the local market. Budget at one million US, the film features a Vietnamese-American cast of Johnny Nguyen who plays a villian in Tom Yum Goong and Dustin Nguyen, who is probably best known for his role in the TV series, V.I.P. Here is the synopsis taken from Viet Nam news:

The film, set in the early 20th century, follows a man named Cuong, who returns to Viet Nam after studying in France. He is employed by the French army to carry out a secret mission. In the process of his undercover work, he meets and falls in love with a female intelligence soldier for the resistance army. His life then takes an unexpected turn.

According to the unofficial trailer, the film is schedule for release in December.

Genre:

Action / Romance / Drama

Synopsis:

In 1920's Vietnam, amidst the growing anti-French sentiment, Vietnamese agents employed by the French are sent to execute the insurgent rebels rising up against French rule.

Awards:

"Audience Choice Award" Vietnamese International Film Festival, ViFF 2007. Irvine, California

"Grand Jury Award" Visual Communication Film Festival, VCFF 2007. Los Angeles, California

Cast:

Johnny Trí Nguyễn

Ngô Thanh Vân

Dustin Trí Nguyễn

Nguyễn Thắng

Nguyễn Chánh Tín

WATCH TRAILER @:

youtube -

myspace - http://www.myspace.com/therebelmovie

OFFICIAL WEBSITE

http://www.therebelmovie.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UGH! SO DISAPPOINTED - -'' i LOVE this movie, yet i accidently post it in my sisters account but what the heck, i'll keep it open (:

This really is a great vietnamese movie. although it is a vietnamese-american, it really was great. YOU HAVE TO SEE IT. the action and fight scenes were really good, and i thought the plot was really well done.

Minh Tri - i'm not a really big fan of his singing but his acting and fighting skills shows he has plenty more talents that many haven't seen yet.

Ngo Thanh Van - the dancer, model, singer and now actor. although im not a big fan of her singing also, her acting and fighting skills are jst as good as Johnny's, well maybe not as good as his lol

Who's seen it yet?! I know it says release in December but it seems like a lof of people have watched it already.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest crazyMuka

I watched part of the movie the other day but I'm certain I'll buy the DVD version when it's available where I live. So far, I think the fightings were very authentic, it feels like what you would see in real life. Well, this reminds me, I need to finish the film :D.

Man I want to watch this one sooo bad....the action is tight.....so freaking cool

Since Minh Tri actually knows martial arts and stuff so I think he really did the fighting scenes.....

I went to VN during summer but the screening was already ended....

I know a place to dl it (a vietnamese site) so if anybody wants, please PM me...but I want a DVD

Guest crazyMuka

^ You can find it streamed online at Veoh, just type in "the rebel" and you'll find it. But make sure to buy the original DVD to support the industry if you like the film. Vietnamese movie industry is still very young and new, so please support it.

I found the music video in VS 37 that has some clips from the movie, it's called Nguoi Hung and sung by Ngo Thanh Van. Well, she sucks at singing, but it's pretty interesting just to see the clips: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3zobSrukLJ8

^ You can find it streamed online at Veoh, just type in "the rebel" and you'll find it. But make sure to buy the original DVD to support the industry if you like the film. Vietnamese movie industry is still very young and new, so please support it.

Thanks, I'll look out for it. If it's good I'll buy it if I can find it.

Guest ponkie

I found the music video in VS 37 that has some clips from the movie, it's called Nguoi Hung and sung by Ngo Thanh Van. Well, she sucks at singing, but it's pretty interesting just to see the clips: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3zobSrukLJ8

She's not that bad at singing, tbh. I've heard worst. The song, however, is so good.

It's strange to see a Vietnamese movie acting out sex scene, maybe strange for me because I've never seen it before. :lol:

The fightings look really good from the trailer and the clips. I kind of want to watch it now.

Guest monchichi

Finally... a vietnamese movie not based on the war. I'd love to see this but I'm surprised I haven't seen any ads at all anywhere?

Oh well.... I'll check it out this weekend and if it's good I'll buy it so my mum can watch with her friends too.

Hopefully with The Rebel and Owl & The Sparrow, the Vietnamese film industry will get more recognition. Maybe now I'll get more interested in Vietnamese films myself.

Guest MY SOUR JELLiE BEANS :D

I think this movie is pretty good. I saw half of it yesterday but didn't get the chance to finish the movie because I was busy but I definitely want to finish it.

Guest xjuicyy403

AHHHH MINH TRI<33333

O0O0O0 this looks really interestin...imma be sure to check it out

the actress looks korean ahha=)

thx for the info

Guest s2hurt

i seen the trailer like last year. still can't believe its not out yet. Can anyone from the u.s.a get it 4 me. pay you to buy it and include shipping.

Guest citylights.

lol i watched this in viet class today xD

it was really interesting ; it got the whole

class actually watching it instead of doing

something else, like we usually do.

Guest plumangel3

omg i cant wait to see this movie but i dunno when it`ll be available in Canada.

i`ll hav to look around. >.> but ya i was surprised when i saw that intimate scene.

viets dont usually hav stuff lik in films or maybe im just really outdated XD

but im really excited. i hope more viet films are recognized :D

Guest MisaPWNs

Dude, I saw this movie and the action and romance is really great! Highly recommended.

Did anyone put the link to this thread in the movie index yet? It seems like I can't find this thread unless I look through all the pages again to find it. Thanks.

I finally watched it. It totally surprised me.

It was definitely good. I thought it was weird how the girl kicked the guy in the sensitive area in the first fight and he just stood there.

Though the way the girl talked was weird for me, it was understandable.

I hated the sounds they made for the fights.

I still remember that little girl that lost her parents in one day.

Guest lildevil

this movie is really really good, highly recommended, i love all the fighting scenes lols, they look so really

and its Vietnamese martial art VO Vi NAM. Go Viet!

anywayz i think the main actress is really pretty. minh try and her make a cute couple lols

love this movie!!!

Archived