Nintendo Wii: The Next Generation Nintendo Console

Guest 1SwtDeception

^

What channel? I don't see anything new...

Go to the Wii Shop Channel and click on Wii Wares.. you'll see another channel up for free download... it's basically a poll and there are results later on which choice has the most votes and you can predict which ones has the most votes too which adds a bit of fun.. i think there are worldwide polls too i believe? i forgot.. i checked through it rather quickly..

-edit-

whoa new page..

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dudeman

^ Adding to that, you can also submit your own poll to Nintendo and (hopefully) they'll post it for everyone in the nation, or even the world for that matter, to answer! And I strongly emphasize the uselessness of writing inappropriate polls...ultimately Nintendo's gonna decide what's a valid poll and what isn't, so it's fun to try...but pointless to do.

For all those who have WiiConnect24 on, you guys SHOULD have seen a blue light illuminate from your console yesterday, and that blue light usually means that a new message arrived on your Wii. And in this case, the message talked about how you can download the new channel onto your Wii (you'll have to do a system update for the Wii, though).

I was hoping by now that they'd be easier to get ahold of..

Can't find any stores with it still.

Boo, I want one.

No way. There's so many where I am. There were plenty of PS 3's near me also. We went to the stores a week ago and there were 10 in Gamestop, 5 in EB Games and a couple in Toys R Us. I bought a PS3 after New Years but I really wanted a Wii but I heard that the controller wasn't sensitive enough from those people trying it out in Toys R Us in NYC.

Guest dudeman

^ Demos in stores are never close to the real thing anyway...I remember in the EBgames I go to, the Wii remote sensing ability didn't even work that well (it's working now). All the more reason to get a Wii of your own anyway, because unlike the demos, everything in your own Wii actually works (unless you're one of the unfortunate people to get a malfunctioning one :().

Guest aznfishyfart

yea...ur the first to say that

around here theres no demos

but everyone whos played my wii are really surprised at how responsive it is

^ Demos in stores are never close to the real thing anyway...I remember in the EBgames I go to, the Wii remote sensing ability didn't even work that well (it's working now). All the more reason to get a Wii of your own anyway, because unlike the demos, everything in your own Wii actually works (unless you're one of the unfortunate people to get a malfunctioning one ).

Why is that the demo isn't as close to the real thing? Someone had actually stole the controller from the game shop I bought the ps3 from so I couldn't try that one out.

yea...ur the first to say that

around here theres no demos

but everyone whos played my wii are really surprised at how responsive it is

Well everywhere I went looking for the Wii, there was either one demo if it was a smaller sq footage space and there were 5 demos set up in toys r us and one in every game stop in one mall then I went to two other huge malls in NY state and there were demos but no Wii's available.

People by the demos set up in Toys R Us were getting upset and booing but I ignored it till the fifth stop I made and two of the employees told me (one said) that there was some ratio of 1 in 10 had sensitivity problems and that (other said) it's compatable with only certain types of games which gave me the impression that it wasn't as versatile. That's what pushed me to get the ps3 instead cause I thought it was too good to be true. I really thought and still think I would have more fun with the Wii. Kinda sad and still wanting one but I'm still happy. I get to still play ps2 games on this one.

Guest dudeman

Why is that the demo isn't as close to the real thing? Someone had actually stole the controller from the game shop I bought the ps3 from so I couldn't try that one out.

It's not the same as in terms of functionality. Remember, I mentioned that the chances of YOUR Wii working are better than the demos at various stores, provided you're one of the lucky ones whose Wii actually works in every way.

5 days left...until Sonic comes and hopefully redeem himself...:).

Guest extrapetite

has anyone gotten WiiPlay?? it released monday.. it's another mini-game sports thing but i comes with a controller.. i'm just wondering if the mini-games are any good like good entertainment

Guest aznfishyfart

also i remember them saying about extreme lights would effect the controller playability....

so maybe the industrial lighting in the toys r us and those places could be effecting it?

i dunno.....ill have to find a demo and try it to compare =P

Guest milk tea!

I bought a PS3 after New Years but I really wanted a Wii but I heard that the controller wasn't sensitive enough from those people trying it out in Toys R Us in NYC.

Uh, you know you can adjust the sensitivity right? I think it's pretty sensitive for me..

For all those who have WiiConnect24 on, you guys SHOULD have seen a blue light illuminate from your console yesterday, and that blue light usually means that a new message arrived on your Wii. And in this case, the message talked about how you can download the new channel onto your Wii (you'll have to do a system update for the Wii, though).

Ohh so that's what it means o_o I thought it updated itself but I guess not.

Guest dudeman

I remember one day when my Wii was glowing, and I got so excited and read the message, only to find that the message was Nintendo talking about the remote straps and what to do about them...

...As if I didn't know about that already. They should have released that notice sooner. <_<

Guest aznfishyfart

noooooooooo.....i got an email from best buy saying the realese date for brawl is pushed back to december 31

i pre-ordered it since it was coming out march 15 =(

Guest dudeman

^ I'm not too surprised...especially since Brawl was stated to come out late 2007 in the first place.

Retailers often never have the right dates either (They certainly didn't for Kingdom Hearts 2).

Guest Velocitii

Nevermind, found one. :)

So much fun.

edit: nvm i just realized you were in san diego

WHERE!!!!!!?????? i've been looking for this damn console since forever, i saw like 3 at toysrus, i didnt have money with me, so i went home to get it, came back, GONE.....i live in nyc btw, any help would be appreciated

Yeah, hard to find in San Diego.

I had to go to Craigslist and buy one for $275, like $10 more than what it costs retail + tax.

I'd go early to get one but they always come out on days that I have work or school or something. :sweatingbullets:

Has anyone started a friend list yet? :)

Guest Apple_love

I LOVE THE WII! :P im so bad at the games though. Espcially the Zelda game. urgh.. i suck at it so much. 15 hours and still havn't passed the second boss..

has anyone gotten WiiPlay?? it released monday.. it's another mini-game sports thing but i comes with a controller.. i'm just wondering if the mini-games are any good like good entertainment

its okay. There are a few games that are really fun, the shooting game is fun! Its an okay game so if you want just buy it.

Guest dudeman

I've read stuff about when people beat Zelda the first time and play through it the second time, they'll take about half as long as they did the first time. In other words, because the average amount of time it takes to beat Zelda is approximately 50+ hours for most people for the first time (that's without any guide whatsoever, people), it will take at least 25+ hours to beat it the second time.

Now I didn't really believe any of that stuff and decided to just play through it the second time as fast as I could.

...And yes...it indeed does take at least half the amount of time you played through the first time. I haven't even started the sky dungeon, and already I'm at 22 hours. Not to mention the sky dungeon is one of the LONGEST dungeons in the game.

Sheesh...I guess they weren't kidding when they said that...

Archived