Underrated/Overrated Dramas

Guest trulime

Guest betchay

i think THANK YOU was underrated

it was such a good drama

i cant believe it didnt do that good in rating!

i cried a lot watching that

Actually..Thank You was not underrated.

The ratings was over 20%.

Underrated dramas:

Capital Scandal

Bad Love

9 end 2 outs

Que Sera Sera

Overrated drama:

Lovers in Paris

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest aquapoppie

* Underrated:

Shinhwa (The legend or Love and ambition) (This one's really really great!!!)

Lawyer

Suh Dong Yo

Sang Do

Present (Gift)

Homicide Investigation Team (HIT)

Sad love story (It's not as bad as what everyone said)

Spring Waltz (Although I dislike Yoon Seok Ho's dramas, this one's better than I thought.)

Sunshine of love

All In

1% of some thing

Mr Goodbye

Definitely agree with most of these... I still can't forget the drama "Shinhwa." Park Jung Chul gave an awesome performance with great supporting cast and riveting storyline. It is the best historical drama I've seen yet... It really captured the early modern industrial era of Korea and still give me the shivers.

I'd also say that Glass Slippers was underrated, as well as Piano... you don't see dramas like those nowadays... :(

• 1 month later...
Guest monoceros

underrated can be pertaining to underrated at soompi.

Many series are not underrated "ratings"-wise, but underrated here, and forums have little or no movement.

In that respect, I think Biscuit teacher is really underrated<-- i really recommend everyone watch it. I think it got low ratings too.. and was voted worst dramas of 200... something.. BUT IT'S REALLY doesn't deserve it.

I've been a couple oldies, which I don't like a lot... but I almost didn't post them because the development of drama plot and script writings may have changed over the years. but actually i'll mention some of these anyway even though I feel very biased.

Overrated...despite being very under the radar already....

Sangdoo, let's go to school....I'm not a BI fan at all, but I am a GHJ fan, and when I watched this, I liked Bi as a little kid, but some of the story development and lines was awkward... In fact, full house I thought was better, and I didn't like full house.

Full House: Remind me again how SHK staying up night after night to wait for Bi and then getting pissed at him when he didn't come home early was Bi's fault? She waits for him on her own volition and blames it on him O_O???

underrated can be pertaining to underrated at soompi.

Many series are not underrated "ratings"-wise, but underrated here, and forums have little or no movement.

In that respect, I think Biscuit teacher is really underrated<-- i really recommend everyone watch it. I think it got low ratings too.. and was voted worst dramas of 200... something.. BUT IT'S REALLY doesn't deserve it.

I've been a couple oldies, which I don't like a lot... but I almost didn't post them because the development of drama plot and script writings may have changed over the years. but actually i'll mention some of these anyway even though I feel very biased.

Overrated...despite being very under the radar already....

Sangdoo, let's go to school....I'm not a BI fan at all, but I am a GHJ fan, and when I watched this, I liked Bi as a little kid, but some of the story development and lines was awkward... In fact, full house I thought was better, and I didn't like full house.

Full House: Remind me again how SHK staying up night after night to wait for Bi and then getting pissed at him when he didn't come home early was Bi's fault? She waits for him on her own volition and blames it on him O_O???

so stupid comment.. this is forums for underrated or overrated dramas.

u're not giving rated for full house, but for sangdoo, let's school..

if u want to leave some comment about SHK scenes in full house or about the role SHK has to play it... not here.. u can go to another forums..

Guest IATEYOU

i think the vineyard man is really really underrated. maybe not % wise in korea, but...on soompi? like, you know? haha

(i loveeeeeeeeeee this drama btw)

overrated....

i think full house and coffee prince. just a little little bit ^^

Guest Radish

Overrated

-Full House: I liked the story but it just seemed bland at the same time.

-Goong: Just a little bit overrated. I liked the story a lot but near the end it got really draggy and depressing.

Underrated

I don't watch enough kdramas.

Right On

-My Girl: Loved it! Sure it had some quirks but I loved it.

Guest linh27

overrated:

winter sonata, stairway to heaven, delightful girl, my girl

underrated:

capital scandal, me ri dae gu's attack and defense battle, que sera sera, biscuit teacher and star candy

Guest loveex3

dramas underrated & overrated here on soompi,

doesn't necessarily mean that it is in korea.

overrated:

- coffee prince

- goong

- i am sam

underrated:

- time between dog & wolf

- hello god

- all in

- 9 end 2 outs

- delightful girl choonghyang

- let's go to school sangdoo

Guest sheena0627

Overrated: Goong. I mean, ya.. some parts were really interesting but i don't really feel that there much any different from other drama. The only reason i finished it was bcoz of KJH (Sorry to Goong fans)

Underrated: Who are you. It was really nice and interesting, doesnt really deserve the low ratings.

Guest zeram

Overrated

Goong - Sorry, I just don't get what all the fuss was about.

Winter Sonata

Underrated

Bad Women

30,000 Miles in Search of My Son - just finished this, really impressed by the acting especially the "bad guys" but hardly any talk about it here on Soompi.

Red Bean Bread - cute drama, again no talk here on Soompi

Guest yurikah

UNDERRATED:

Soulmate-I loved this drama. Plus the OST is awesome.

Who Are You?- It's currently airing and it's sorta underrated. Go watch it! It's so GOOD!!!

OVEROVERRATED:

Stairway to Heaven- It would've been okay if they didn't keep going on and on and on and on. Plus they kept confusing the audience with the girl's condition.

Guest AkAmaster

Overrated

goong <--- the acting was just awful

winter sonata

coffee prince

the time of dog and wolf

dae jang geum

Underrated

I cant believe no one said evasive inquiry agency (I think thats the translation)

Capital Scandal

Guest insa.flyaway

OVERrated:

- my name is kim sam soon

- full house

- my sassy girl (yea i know its a movie)

- love to kill

- meteor garden

- tokyo juliet

- hana kimi (taiwanese)

- gokusen

- stand up!!

UNDERrated:

- fashion 70s

- bad family

- before and after plastic surgery clinic

- akihabara@deep

- oyaji

Guest linh27

Underrated

I cant believe no one said evasive inquiry agency

UNDERrated:

- before and after plastic surgery clinic

i agree.

Guest koryo

So this thread is basically...

Overrated: every drama over 20% ratings

Underrated: every drama under 20% ratings

If you organize all the posts in this thread, you'll probably find every single drama name.

That's it. How about posting real reasons and explanations to your opinions? and not just calling all successful dramas overrated and underachieved dramas underrated.

And love how people are mentioning non-kdramas also.

And especially can't believe someone called Dae Jang Geum overrated. Please explain why you think it's overrated.

It may be your opinion, but just because it's not your taste doesn't mean it's overrated.

Guest ejkimxd91

underrated:

war of money!!!!

wonderful life!!!!

EIA! =]

save the last dance (story was eh. but still liked it lots XD)

i need to watch more dramas.

XD

Archived