Underrated/Overrated Dramas

Guest trulime

Guest keaix3

I agree, My Girl was overrated - and I didn't like the plot very much. (A compulsive liar who finds love?) I guess people can argue otherwise, but I couldn't get past the first episode. :sweatingbullets:

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest karz000

after watching Hello God, i really think its soo underrated.. it deserves more. it is one of the best drama i have ever seen. a lot of lessons in life. and i just loved Haru and Eunhye. it made me cry and laugh and made me feel warm and happy when i see Haru and Eunhye. :)

Guest moochi2000

under-rated:

1. flowers for my love (it's like...it was never advertised haha)

over-rated:

1. GOONG (this one is at the top of my head, basically the story is OK, I understand why it is so popular - because of the characters, but it doesn't deserve THAT much attention -- the acting is seriously not that good)

2. Winter Sonata (was it that hyped? It took me several months to get through it because it was so boring hahaha)

**i didn't think my girl was that over-rated, and i really enjoyed it (just my opinion)

i guess whenever someone is watching a drama that was really hyped up, they would expect a lot, and hence they would find a drama over-rated..but yah who cares, i like this topic =)

Guest The Conductor

Overrated:

Goong: total disappointment. I didnt really get what all the hype was about. it was very boring and draggy and the main girl pissed me off but I liked the music.

Goong def. did not deserve the #1 spot on the azntv site

I didnt really see anything amazing about Yoon Eun Hye, she's just like any other actress.

Coffee Prince: I thought it would be good, but was disappointed again. I gave up two times, I decided to watch it again because of the dog and the little kids but wtheck, the series drained me out.

My Name is Kim Sam Soon: the main girl was really annoying, I could only watch till episode 10, after that I was finished.

I couldnt stand those series, I coped with Goong watching the entire thing, but MNIKSS and Coffee Prince...*blows hair out of face*

Haha I think its too early to say coffee prince is overrated since the drama is currently airing, but I have to say its nothing extraordinary, maybe the later episodes may get it on par with the Hype.

Air city was overrated at first but the bad script caught up with the hype haha.

Underrated Bad couple, what a great drama that was, no it didn't have cute young men and girls having too many love issues but the script was on point, it wasn't draggy and it was very funny. I also appreciate the fact that the second lead weren't obsessive stalkers, especially Gi chan's childhood friend, she let him go and to live his life without being redundant on keeping him. I would like to see this actress in more dramas.

War of money which I can consider as drama of the year next Que sera sera and When springs comes, this drama had it all, suspense, tragedy, actions and humor, the realistic ending may not sit well with most people but it doesn't take anything away from this drama greatness. Can't wait to see the bonus round with subs.

Underrated: Hello God with Yoo Gun and Kim Ok Bin.

It's such a refreshing plot and I love how the drama actually moves rather than focusing on one scene for fifty gazillion minutes. Also, the cast is full of fresh faces with characters that are actually complex. The plot wasn't overwhelming but it was very insightful, sometimes simple, but it was the simplicity that gave it such power.

It was more than a drama about people falling in love. It was about growing up, making connections with people, smiling and understanding that everyone is human. It doesn't matter if you're disabled...a genius or normal. You're still human.

Ah!!! It's such an underrated drama that it makes me frustrated!!! I see that a few people noticed that too.

Yoo Gun as Haru has really pretty puppy eyes which contrast with his poster boy image. He looks like a model from Abercrombie or something. But thank god that he can act. He deserves more spotlight. I think that being Haru was a breaking point in his acting career.

And Kim Ok Bin was fabulous too. She's so young yet is able to portray such a complicated character that has so many layers to peel from.

I loved that it was more than a simple love triangle. It was heart wrenching and beautiful.

A drama worth watching over and over again.

If you have no clue what I'm talking about, you have to go watch it. If you've seen it, I'm sure you agree with me. It's just a drama that is hard to debate about because it is so freakin great.

---fatsoko

Guest renacheeboo

I don't really think I've seen a drama that's wayyyy overrated, yet.

I honestly think that Que Sera Sera & The Devil are underrated. Que Sera Sera is just captivating and realistic, it was quite different from the quad-loving dramas that I've seen. The Devil's plot and overrall storyline was just .. O___O. I know my reasons don't seem to back them up really well, but once you watch it ... it's like ... *_*. Hahahah.

Guest ds_dreamer

Overrated::: War of Money

I saw the rating, stayed true to the drama, and make myself sit through the whole 16 episodes. (cos i seldom stop any drama half way thru')

Story

sorry to say, is it the context or what, I find it doesn't really get me excited and of course, i don't really look forward to the next and next and next episodes...

Acting

but having said that, Park Shin Yang and Park Jin Hee saves the day...

Conclusion

Story - so so

Acting - brilliant!

Both of them are GREAT!!!! They are really my only motivation to press on. Kudos to both. they deserve some good award this year.

Not bad::: War of Money - Bonus

Though i'm not too thrilled by WOM, but the bonus round was interesting... i give it 2 thumbs up. love to see the ways that Nara tried to get the money back... it really reveals the greed in human being.

Shin Dong Wook was also much more relax and better at the Bonus round compared to the actual WOM...

Guest kstruck85

i think Capital Scandal is a really nice drama but seems that not much people are watching it...

I really enjoy the show and the characters acted really well... i think it deserve more attention... go watch it if you have not...

and yes i agree Goong is overrated...

Full house is abit draggy to the end... with all the leaving and patching....

My Girl is the same... the flow of emotion was too sudden... from really humurous and funny to sudden sadness...

Lovers in Paris is my favourite drama of all and i feel esp here in Singapore, it is not given much attention also...

Kang JiHwan fighting!! speaking of which Geum Soon is not bad too... but longgggggg

Guest Melyxcious

Under-rated...

I can't think of one at the moment ^^;;

Over-rated...

+ GOONG [[ I had no idea what the hype was over it; the first episode bored me so much -__-; I want my money back T.T;]]

+ Winter Sonata [[ boring... meh ]]

+ Autumn Tale

+ FULL HOUSE

+ Love to Kill // Ijuksa

Guest annaor

Underrated: Lawyers (I thought it was striving for something different than the cinderella stories of the time)

Overrated: Winter Ballad (I didn't really feel for any of the characters)

In noticed that a lot of the popular light-hearted dramas are on a lot of people overrated list. I think those shows are just fun to watch. I agree with a lot of the underrated lists.

Guest Naoise

Underrated is definetely Soulmate for me. I almost missed this drama because how little buzz this drama has been getting, and thank goodness I discovered it. This drama is such a gem. There was never a moment that I didn't enjoy. If you like Sex & the City kind of comedy and looking for something different than the usual kdramas, this is the drama for you.

Guest lcharmiel

overated: FULL HOUSE:

i picked up this drama cause of all the good talks and stuff about it...so i watch it just to see what's so good it...i did finish the whole drama...but i have to say that it was OKAY...nothing really special about it excepts the big stars name like bi rain and SHG...this drama was just enjoyable..something to kill times with..but the story like wasn't so indept...and yea..i have have to say...the romance bet bi and shg was bleh...they should have at least have one good kiss...oh well...but that's not very important....this was just a drama i watched..and them would forget about it days later...nothing really special or indept about this story which would made it stay in my mind longer...however..i'm not saying it's a bad drama..just okay...

underated:

SNOW QUEEN:

snow queen might not be the best drama ever...but it was pretty good actually..the conflicts between the characters or more real and can be clearly visible....and the chemistry between HB and YURI was extraordinary...i just never understands why there's not much talk about this drama...from beginning tio end...the story of each character was well developed..and you can see them as they grow and changes along with the storyline..good drama

THE VINEYARD MAN:

This drama was very well done...both leads in this drama have suffer a great deal to complete this drama..but regardless of how much they suffers..they still maintain good acting skills on screen...having a setting mostly in the countryside is already tough...they have to deal with poor living conditions..and all the filming..much be extremely tired..but due to their professionalism..they have completed the drama successfully...this is one of thae very few k-drama that has a very complete and satisfying ending...and i would definitely recomend this drama to anybody...because at heart...it is a well done drama that will make you watch from beginning till end..

overated:

Goong, too draggy for me, could not finish this drama. i Like YEH and JJH , i like the story in the beginning though, but the middel , eh, was too draggy for me,so until now, still not finish yet.

Underated: dun know

Guest --hearts.

Although I can see why the overrated ones are there...I disagree with Goong. Going back and watching it, it really was a work of art. Especially since the leads were first time actors.

Archived