Underrated/Overrated Dramas

Guest trulime

Guest milkyway07

underrated

1. alone in love- already mentioned nicely by others ^^. there isn't a whole lot of plot, and it is somewhat slow, but the pace fits the drama. I like how each episode has little meanings behind them, and stories inside the whole story (lol if that isn't too confusing). Also, the acting is amazing and the overall messages you get are thoughtful.

2. the snow queen- wait. is this underrated..? hmm not sure. but i don't think its very very popular either. I actually really liked this drama. which is surprising, because i usually don't like sung yuri dramas (trust me, her acting has gotten better!!). Its cute. I loved hyunbin's change from samshik, he was really really good in this drama!!

3. fantasy couple?- i know in korea it was really popular. i'm not too sure about it in soompi though. Its another predictable romance-comedy on the lines of my girl ( they had the same writers!!!). but the characters are refreshing, and very different compared to other dramas. haha i became fans of han yeh seul, oh ji ho and park han byul from this one.

overrated.

1. goong

2. winter sonata

3. stairway to heaven

4. full house

ehh i can't think of anymore. haha ^^

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gummonster

underrated one to me is Hello God, i really like the story though

was overrated is Goong, i don't find i cute or funny at all, i feel like dying watching it.

Guest oh.yuri

Goong is definitely overrated. i was never attracted to it. but then people kept on saying how goong was so good. so i decided to give it a chance. beginning was boring. and then i tried skipping to the middle, still boring, then i skipped til the ending. nothing really stood out.

Guest deeLOVELY

Overrated:

Goong: total disappointment. I didnt really get what all the hype was about. it was very boring and draggy and the main girl pissed me off but I liked the music.

Goong def. did not deserve the #1 spot on the azntv site

I didnt really see anything amazing about Yoon Eun Hye, she's just like any other actress.

Coffee Prince: I thought it would be good, but was disappointed again. I gave up two times, I decided to watch it again because of the dog and the little kids but wtheck, the series drained me out.

My Name is Kim Sam Soon: the main girl was really annoying, I could only watch till episode 10, after that I was finished.

I couldnt stand those series, I coped with Goong watching the entire thing, but MNIKSS and Coffee Prince...*blows hair out of face*

Guest bliss_

UNDERRATED in Soompi:

1. Dal Ja's Spring - OMG I can't even explain how much I love this drama. The plot is just amazing. Wayyy better than MNIKSS imo! The chemistry is just undeniable. I was totally addicted from the first episode.

2. Fantasy Couple - I love this series. It was hilarious all throughout and touching, too. I really learned that money can't really buy you happiness and the simple things in life will bring you happiness like your family.

3. Snow Queen - I know not a lot of people like very dramatic series but this one is an exception. It's really touching and the acting is great, not too over the top. two thumbs up!

OVERRATED:

1. FULL HOUSE - Gah! I can't explain how I dislike this drama. No, I don't hate it totally. I just dislike it. I decided to watch it 'cause obviously it's very popular but after watching it, I really did not understand what the hype what all about. Totally a waste of my sixteen hours. *don't shoot me* just my opinion.

and that's all. :)

Guest gummonster

Is Snow Queen really underrated?

it's pretty popular.

and yeah, i agree Soulmate is underrated, i reallly enjoyed it though

Guest antinh85

The only very underrated and underappreciated drama that I can think of now is Flowers of My Life..

It's one of the Best Dramas of 2007 but to think of the ratings it has garnered over the weeks makes me sad..

It's a just total travesty of justice that such a wonderful drama's being missed and underappreciated..

alot of good dramas are underrated.. i could make like 2 or 3 list of dramas that were not get the exposure it deserves..

i agree with everyone that "full house" is too overrated.. everyone says that it's the greatest ever.. i bet they are just watching it because of Song hye gyo and bi. The whole story is draggy and has no point. They both keep going back and forth not tell each other their feelings.

goong was overrated too, maybe bc it possessed alot of cute actors that's why it got so much attention. Overall story.cute but nothing special. Though i got to love Kim Jung hoon bc of that.lolz

Guest karz000

Underrated:

Wonderful Life - it was the first drama i got addicted too, but i noticed that there isn't much attention to this drama. it was really a wonderful drama and you'll learn a lot of lessons about life. :D..

Sassy Girl Chun Hyang - I JUST REALLY LOVE THIS DRAMA! I loved it a lot and i think it's as good as my girl and goong but, however, i also noticed that it isn't as popular as them.

Overrated:

Full house - lol. i agree. I loved this drama a lot. but the plot is really plain simple. very light-hearted. i mean there's not much to the plot.. maybe i just got really hooked to it because of Bi and SHG chemistry.. I just love seeing them together. and maybe, if it was a different cast who wasn't as good looking as them, i wouldn't enjoy the drama as much as i have enjoyed it.

Guest mashimaro_is_luff

underrated: Wonderful Life... The drama itself is pretty cute. Like the post above me said, it teaches about life. The little kid is so adorable and the acting was good too, but i dont get why the rating was so low

overrated: goong. Sry, i dont get wt all the hype is about either. I mean, i read the manga before, I quite like it. But the drama was draggy and got a little boring here and there. It has some cute moments, but nothing spectacular.

Guest ...TLT...

Underrated:

Air City - the plot and everything are really good..the casts are very well casted..the romance and action kept people hook..i dun see y there are low ratings...gawwh that just doesnt make sense..(even if it broadcast on the weekends i still think it's underrated by people)..it's like one of those drama that u cannot miss out...

Biscuit and Star Candy - GHJ and GY were really great..the story is pwetti much good as well...it's a comedy and romance that involves obstacles as well..

Snow White - KJH and LW are HOTT! as well as the other guy (forgot his name :sweatingbullets:)..but then not many people seems to be interested...

Life is Beautiful - KRW and HJW are in this drama...i love it so much..the plot and casting were good..but not many people heard of it..

there are more but i can't think of any from the top of muh head..;D (i do agree with most of ur list xD)

Overrated:

Full House - definitely this one...the story is cute and all that..but it's just like one of those normal lovely dovey drama...two people meet..fight...fake engagement..and fall in love..then happy ending...

Goong - although i like this drama, but i think it's way too overrated...the fighting scenes were annoying..the couple cant seem to get along...-____-

Jumong - this drama seems to be way too overrated to mee..

Da Jeung Geum - hmm i dun find this drama interesting at all...i mean it's boring...i dun see y china..japan..and korean like it so much..

Overrated:

Lovers~ Definitely overrated. I didn't quite enjoy it. People are saying the plot is really twisting and exicting but I find the plot so stupid. The drama is really draggy, they should have cut it to 16 episodes.

Air city~ I think it's overrated at soompi, I didn't quite like the ending, it's such a cliff hanging. I am real disappointed with this drama because it looks so good at the start and I have high expectations for this but.....

Que Sera Sera~ Overrated at soompi, I don't know about the rating in korea though. The story is average but this drama really makes me love and hate it at the same time.

Underrated:

Save the last dance for me~ I remember I was really addicted to this drama after I watched the very first episode. I love every parts/ episodes of this drama, it was touching, sad, happy and heartwarming at different times. I don't know about soompi but I think it was underrated in korea.

Fashion 70s~ Really underrated in terms of ratings in korea as well as discussion in soompi. I watched all the 28 episodes and I was really satisfied with this drama although the ending could have be been better. I was addicted to this too and I have no problem finishing all 28 episode drama with a few days.

Side note: I don't think My girl, My name is kim sam soon, and Autumn tale is overrated at all because they are really good drama that is enjoyable, and you are able to remember many of the scenes in there because it's so touching. For My girl, it's so interesting, funny and sad at times, I really fallen in love with Yoo rin's character in the drama. For My name is kim sam soon, I think it's a pretty much romantic comedy, you will feel so happy watching it, I don't find it boring at all. For autumn tale, it's so sad and heartbreaking that you will forever remember the main characters, music and scenes in there. Plus the scenery/ filming places are so beautiful.

Guest ripgal

Underrated:

Air City - the plot and everything are really good..the casts are very well casted..the romance and action kept people hook..i dun see y there are low ratings...gawwh that just doesnt make sense..(even if it broadcast on the weekends i still think it's underrated by people)..it's like one of those drama that u cannot miss out...

I don't think Air City is that underrated, be it in Soompi or elsewhere. In fact, despite its not so good ratings in Korea, surveys/polls showed that this drama's more than welcomed and loved, esp amongst Internet viewers.

However, if you base this underrated/overrated statement according to the ratings garnered by the drama, I can't help but concur with it. IMO, the drama's not that GREAT; due to the messy and disjointed plots all over. BUT I believe ratings do not really matter and do not represent the goodness and quality of a drama..as long as one enjoys the drama, nothing else matters right?

---

(edit)

I'm gona add another drama to the Underrated List - just based of ratings garnered by the drama

Capital Scandal

IMO, this drama deserves more attention and higher ratings compared to what it is garnering at the moment. It's one of the most unique fusion dramas I have seen in a long long time, with an perfect ensemble of cast, storyline, acting and hilarity embedded within the drama. A drama in which you will not fail to love all of the characters despite differences in their personalities. A drama which triggers your deepest emotions with its sooooo many meaningful and poignant conversations/dialouges, and at the same time can make you laugh out loud with its not-overdone hilarity. Believe me, if you're not watching this drama, you're definitely missing something unique and special.

Guest fifiz

I haven't seen any seriously underrated dramas, since most of the ones I watch are really popular and I get many recommendations before I watch them, but Bad Family MIGHT be underrated. It is a very heartwarming drama that will make you laugh and cry. It's one of the funniest dramas I've ever seen, but also the most touching romantic comedy. It is a family drama afterall. Not exactly lighthearted, but will leave you feeling great.

Guest baeonly

Overrated:

1. Full House-I don’t understand or get why people hooked to this one-The casts can’t act well, the storyline is so dull….nothing good about it beside that Bi is a huge pop star. I can’t make myself finish the whole drama.

2. MNIKSS-way overrated.

Underrated:

1. Fantasy Couple-Great drama and the casts are outstanding.

2. Thank You-Very touching, great story line, outstanding casts specially a little girl, Bom.

i will once again post

GOONG-way TOOOOOO overrated!!

Full House was overrated too yet it is better than Goong.

WAR OF MONEY and LOVERS IN PARIS- underrated!!!! very!!!!

well, Lovers in Paris is the most successful SBS drama when I took a look in Wikipedia. yet i do not hear everyone spread its greatness.

unlike Goong! ugh..

in War of Money, the ACTING is excellent, the STORYLINE was very sensible!

so i really agree w/ people who also thinks Goong, Full House is overrated... My Girl too, overrated i almost forgot!

Guest loveof

FULL HOUSE

the drama is totally overrated and the ending was horrible...

sorry, the kiss was just bad.

underrated

lol i don't have any..

Archived