Underrated/Overrated Dramas

Guest trulime

Guest siaoheeha

Although it is a hit in Korea but then there are not many pple that have watched Be strong Geum Soon...... It is really underrated here..... Han hye jin Forever!!!

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest QNSpider

Overrated:

Goong

Full House

Underrated:

Oh Phil Seung Bong Soon Young

...and everything else lol

Guest *aud*

i think full house, my name is kim sam soon and maybe goong (it got too draggy) were overrated.

The vineyard man is definitely underrated

Guest chaboh

Overrated Dramas :

Hwangini- seems to lose the plot around Episode 7

Pure 19

Underated Dramas:

Snow Queen - great acting by Hyun Bin - you've got to see the expressions in his eyes when he's sad

Crazy for you

Guest BitterLemon

Overrated:

Definitely Goong ( and I am a Goong fan ) - draggy and boring towards the end :sweatingbullets: . Stay put only to see JJH and YEH :blush:

Full House

Underrated

The Devil

Guest siaoheeha

DalJa's Spring is really really nice and underrated. The ratings in korea hit the highest only at 19.8% which is so sad....the story is not draggy, the actings are excellent even the supporting actor and actress love story are so funny.... I must say this is one of the best drama i have seen after 'my girl' recommend to everyone u will not be disappointed......

Hopefully this hasn't been posted, at least not recently :) but yeah, if it has, it's always fun to share.

OVERRATED (not saying they are bad, in fact 4 and 5, but too much praise for not THAT good of a drama)

1. Autumn Story 가을동화 - Song Hye Gyo, Song Seung Hun, Won Bin

2. Winter Love Sonata 겨울연가 - Bae Yong Jun, Choi Jiwoo, Park Sol Mi, Park Yong Ha

3. Love To Kill 이죽일놈의 사랑 - Bi, Shin Minah, Lee Kiwoo, Kim Sarang

4. My Name is Kim Sam Soon 내이름은 김삼순 - Kim Sunah, Hyunbin, Ryu Won, Daniel Henny

5. Goong 궁 - Yoon Eun Hye, Joo Ji Hoon, Kim Jung Hoon

Please have respect for my opinion and others; everyone is entitled to their own opinions. :)

Please post!

My opinion,

There's no such thing as overrated.. Overrated came from those who cannot understand that human being is unique and

each one of us has invidual preferences. Most of them also think that their opinion/view is right (most of the time) and

cannot understand why other think differently. ^_^ ... Please don't kill me... it's just my definition of overrated.. and I

really.. really hate the word coz to me.. it carries a negative meaning...

BTW - How do we clasify overrated??? is it based on rating?? if based on rating - Love to kill rating was really bad 13 ~ 15%

should the rate be less than that?? What kind of rating should be consider as low rate?? It didn't win any award and

the response from other country was not really encouraging.... so how come it's overrated?? If you say it's because many

think it's good - ?? I'm quite confuse.. coz many think Love to kill was kinda flop... but of coz there's a FEW ppl that think it's

great.. you know.. like they say - there's two side to a coin..

how can it's overrated when it's almost a flop in most country??? Infact most of Rain's fans think it's not that good..

except for Rain acting which many said he improved. The only think we talk about until today is the KISS (more like Bi

eating SMA) ^_^. So how can it be overrated?? Is it because of a few of Bi's fan think it's good and so it fall under the

overrated list??

Delightful girl?? -- How can it be underrated?? It was quite a phenomenom which incrase Jae Hee popularity a few notch..

Many became Ja Hee instant fan... esp in Korea and in soompi... so how can it be underrated???

isk isk isk .. I'm confuse..

Do you mean to say why people do not talk about F70.. or Hello God it's consider underrate?? I believe F70 rating was quite

high - at least higher than Love to kill... it was the talk of soompi (back then) and it was a trend to have F70 in the siggy..

so how can it be underatted??

I think what you meant by overrate is when people continue to talk about it when you think ppl shouldn't??

Winter/Autum and Goong... is not overrated.. it's unfair to say this.. unfair to the drama.. the word "overrated" project a

negative description. Drama that is not worth the attention.. I love all drama you mentioned under your overrated list.

We can't say it's overrated just because we can't see what other "see" in that drama..

People love fairytale.. love beautiful music ... love the romantic scenes.. the peaceful feeling (for those who love this kind

of drama).. make us feel melancholic.. I guess this is the reason ppl continue to talk about it.

As you said it.. overrated does not mean the drama is bad

(not saying they are bad, in fact 4 and 5, but too much praise for not THAT good of a drama)
... however It means many think the drama is good.. if many people

think alike, it should be good or "THAT" good for people to like it rite?... so we shouldn't question majority taste rite??...

The conclusion - There's no such thing as overrated... overrated should be change to "why others do not think like I do".

My opinion,

There's no such thing as overrated.. Overrated came from those who cannot understand that human being is unique and

each one of us has invidual preferences. Most of them also think that their opinion/view is right (most of the time) and

cannot understand why other think differently. ^_^ ... Please don't kill me... it's just my definition of overrated.. and I

really.. really hate the word coz to me.. it carries a negative meaning...

BTW - How do we clasify overrated??? is it based on rating?? if based on rating - Love to kill rating was really bad 13 ~ 15%

should the rate be less than that?? What kind of rating should be consider as low rate?? It didn't win any award and

the response from other country was not really encouraging.... so how come it's overrated?? If you say it's because many

think it's good - ?? I'm quite confuse.. coz many think Love to kill was kinda flop... but of coz there's a FEW ppl that think it's

great.. you know.. like they say - there's two side to a coin..

how can it's overrated when it's almost a flop in most country??? Infact most of Rain's fans think it's not that good..

except for Rain acting which many said he improved. The only think we talk about until today is the KISS (more like Bi

eating SMA) ^_^. So how can it be overrated?? Is it because of a few of Bi's fan think it's good and so it fall under the

overrated list??

Delightful girl?? -- How can it be underrated?? It was quite a phenomenom which incrase Jae Hee popularity a few notch..

Many became Ja Hee instant fan... esp in Korea and in soompi... so how can it be underrated???

isk isk isk .. I'm confuse..

Do you mean to say why people do not talk about F70.. or Hello God it's consider underrate?? I believe F70 rating was quite

high - at least higher than Love to kill... it was the talk of soompi (back then) and it was a trend to have F70 in the siggy..

so how can it be underatted??

I think what you meant by overrate is when people continue to talk about it when you think ppl shouldn't??

Winter/Autum and Goong... is not overrated.. it's unfair to say this.. unfair to the drama.. the word "overrated" project a

negative description. Drama that is not worth the attention.. I love all drama you mentioned under your overrated list.

We can't say it's overrated just because we can't see what other "see" in that drama..

People love fairytale.. love beautiful music ... love the romantic scenes.. the peaceful feeling (for those who love this kind

of drama).. make us feel melancholic.. I guess this is the reason ppl continue to talk about it.

As you said it.. overrated does not mean the drama is bad ... however It means many think the drama is good.. if many people

think alike, it should be good or "THAT" good for people to like it rite?... so we shouldn't question majority taste rite??...

The conclusion - There's no such thing as overrated... overrated should be change to "why others do not think like I do".

oh interesting conversation and debate. To be honest, i feel that things can be overrated, overrated by the dictionary standard is something thats defined as "overestimated". IE, high critical acclaim or high ratings, that don't live up to the idea of what the series should be like.

And being overrated doesn't mean its "not good" or "bad", it just means that it doesn't live up to the hype that the one individual had imagine before hand. So to each his own.

IMO, if a person already has a set image in his/her mind of some grand production, then obviously anything that doesn't live up to that standard is overrated to them. Same with the idea of something being underrated, if you go in with a clear mind frame and no bias, and see a series thats good, then yeah you could say thats underrated.

Sure its all based on personal preference, but higher rated and talked about shows, such as Goong, Autumn in the Heart, Full House, & My Name is Kim Sam Soon, is going to be attacked more because of their high influence on the korean entertainment market and their ratings. Why ? Because for every 1 fan, theres going to be 2 more haters :)

oh interesting conversation and debate. To be honest, i feel that things can be overrated, overrated by the dictionary standard is something thats defined as "overestimated". IE, high critical acclaim or high ratings, that don't live up to the idea of what the series should be like.

Sure its all based on personal preference, but higher rated and talked about shows, such as Goong, Autumn in the Heart, Full House, & My Name is Kim Sam Soon, is going to be attacked more because of their high influence on the korean entertainment market and their ratings. Why ? Because for every 1 fan, theres going to be 2 more haters :)

I read your reply like 10 times just to figure out.. are you with me or not... ^_^.. I made up my mind that you in one way or

another agreed that there's no such thing as overrated rite??? RITE????????

BTW - Can one tell me how not to overrate a drama???... Okay... let take one example - Kim Sam Soon (heheh... err notice

I choose something without Bi in it just to make sure I won't be emotionally affected..err just in case... ^_^)

Great cast.... superb acting... funny and realistic.... So why some think it's overrated??????????????

BTW - Everyone know that overrated does not mean it's good... it's just that more people like it.. sooo... no one say it's the

best of the best... people just love it... so... What is overrate..?? There you go SOY - No such thing as overrate... heheh..

anyone can argue with that?????? :lol:

Let say we asked 100 people that watch the drama and out of 100 - 70% love it and talk about it over and over again..

make banner and put it in their siggy, watch it like 10 times while the other 20% like it so and so.. and the other 10%..

hate it.. esp Clumsy SamSoon.

Is that 70% group is wrong for overrating it.. or is that 10% group who hate it doesn't has taste at all????????

And how can we think highly of our opinion as to set a standard that so and so drama is crap and deny the majority opinion

(that think that drama is good).....

This is the reason why I hated the word overrated.... WHO are we to decide which drama overrated???????

Sometime when I see people use the word overrated - I always connect it to jealousy and hatred.... I don't know why..

it's just the way I feel.... and it's crazy huh???????? ^_^

Guest mookie

hihi nice chats Bambiina and Soy.. ;)

I think overrated drama does exist though Yes it's a very opinionated word but I think if enough ppl think it is overrated then in our society, it holds some significance. And frankly that 10% who hates the drama that 70% loves (hahaha and since your example is mnikss) I have to put it in strong words that those 10% has no/minimal taste, which is not decrepitating, but they just have to deal with their odd taste or lack there of.

I mean for sth to be true, it's philosophically just coz majority of ppl think it's true. It may not be the absolute truth. There ar ppl who like to stick out and disagree with the majority saying I hate what u all like and call it overrated...but there are also dramas that the majority agreed on being overrated.

We just have to be more critical on why we like/dislike sth. If it's just a personal preference without any reasoning....we had to acknowledge that and stop calling it overrated.

hihi nice chats Bambiina and Soy.. ;)

I think overrated drama does exist though Yes it's a very opinionated word but I think if enough ppl think it is overrated then in our society, it holds some significance. And frankly that 10% who hates the drama that 70% loves (hahaha and since your example is mnikss) I have to put it in strong words that those 10% has no/minimal taste, which is not decrepitating, but they just have to deal with their odd taste or lack there of.

I mean for sth to be true, it's philosophically just coz majority of ppl think it's true. It may not be the absolute truth. There ar ppl who like to stick out and disagree with the majority saying I hate what u all like and call it overrated...but there are also dramas that the majority agreed on being overrated.

We just have to be more critical on why we like/dislike sth. If it's just a personal preference without any reasoning....we had to acknowledge that and stop calling it overrated.

OOO mookie... I love you.... but can you make up your mind.. are you on my side or not??? Overrated?? No????.........

Refer to the bold line - Err.... How can it be "overrated" when majority agreed it being overrated. Get my drift??? No???

Well if majority think it's overrated... it overule the fact that it's overrated (by those that like it .. rite??)... I mean if majority think it's overated it shouldn't

be overrated in the first place...

err confuse??.... I have a little problem with my lack of vocab... But I know you know what I mean.. :lol:

Let just agree... no such thing as overrate... huahahhahahaha... let's find another term for not so good drama (in our opinion) but very much love by others..

BTW - Anyone think Thank you - underrated???????????Or Overrated...

Guest mookie

^ hahah bambiina, I think I'm sorta with u, coz if everybody rated it as good it CAN'T possibly be overrated if a minority rated it as crap...

but then in a microscopic definition of the word, I can make an opinion that this is overrated to me. Proper diction should be I don't like it...but sayin it is overrated has a connotation that it's put too high up some pedestal that I don't agree on. I think we can still use the word pertain to that. We're all just voicing an opinion.

haha so as I dun get warned by mods for convoing...I think for the dramas currently out and I've seen them, Que Sera Sera and Thank you are kinda underrated in ratings but it's earning rave reviews on soompi...almost everybody is gagaing over it! I think QSS is a bit underrated too..it's just a fine melodic piece! I think I'll check out Thank You when my mood calls for it....I'm still in some romcom mode though.

I've seen 2 eps of HIT and I think if I have to stick an overrated label on it, that would be it. Maybe it's the style of K crime drama but I think it's tediously slow and uneventful for a drama in this genre, and GHJ, to me, is an overrated actress.

Guest mookie

^ hahah bambiina, I think I'm sorta with u, coz if everybody rated it as good it CAN'T possibly be overrated if only a minority rated it as crap...

but then in a microscopic definition of the word, I can make an opinion that this is overrated to me. Proper diction should be I don't like it...but sayin it is overrated has a connotation that it's put too high up some pedestal that I don't agree on. I think we can still use the word pertain to that. We're all just voicing an opinion.

haha so as I dun get warned by mods for convoing...I think for the dramas currently out that I've seen , Que Sera Sera and Thank you are kinda underrated in ratings but it's earning rave reviews on soompi...almost everybody is gagaing over it! I think QSS is a bit underrated too..it's just a fine melodic piece! I'll check out Thank You when my mood calls for it....I'm still in some romcom mode though.

I've seen 2 eps of HIT and I think if I have to stick an overrated label on it, that would be it. Maybe it's the style of K crime drama but I think it's tediously slow and uneventful for a drama in this genre, and GHJ, to me, is an overrated actress.

GHJ, to me, is an overrated actress.

Overrated?????????????????????? isk isk isk... her thread barely reach 10 pages????? No one talk about her... :o ..

How can you say she's overrated??? See.... Those that think she's not a good actress will say she's overrated.. meanwhile

those that think she is a good actress will say she's underrated... SO.. Is she really underrated or overrated??

Another reason I hate the overrated words.....

I tot we agreed no such thing as overrated?????????????????????????????

Thank you??/ Definitely "underrated" (my opinion notice the "" - coz I can't quite find the rite word to use..) in soompi.. but I guess not so "underrated"

in Korea ( 19 ~ 20%) ... or is it not so "underrated" in soompi too coz I seen many browsing the thread.. doin their "shopping" in the thread.. :huh:

Err .. I can't quite make up my mind.. should the response be more than what it is now?? I mean in soompi.. sometime at one time I see like more

than 50 people browsing the thread.... 50 at one time can be consider as good enough?? or should be more???

So you see.. the underrated/overrated exist only in our mind..

Another example LIP... some that like it will say it's underrated and some that hate it think it's overrated (base on feedback in this thread)

(once upon a time - it was a hype and "overrated") and those that think it so so.. doesn't think much whether it's overrated or not..

So this overrated/underrated most of the time connected to whether you love the drama or you hate it... Simple...

I think I've covered all ground... ^_^ ... err I should rest my case..

BTW - Thank You - a must see drama... Must must see

Guest mookie

^ hahaha dear mods if u r reading this, just let me slide this once

GHJ, imo is very super overrated not in a soompi sense but in all her accolades of awards and nominations. I've seen most of her works, it's all just alright to unbearably monotonous (her acting) to me. and up to this day I'll still hold her accountable for dampering my enjoyment for What's up Fox which I think fr ep 1 to 11 is fantastic...except for her contrived acting.

Dearie, you have to consider, soompi is mostly a playground for young adults. She may not be that appealing to the demographic here.

I mean if we limit the meaning of the word to soompi world, then it's quite iffy to say either way. But haha I know I'm making enemies for talking too much. LIP is still overrated to me for one single fact... KJE's overoveroveracting....way way too cute for me to stomach. I may not be making any sense, but her character I can understand if I'm not lookin at her expression is kinda cute, but how she played it.... ruined it.

HAHAHA so o well, lets just not take this seriously, keep the words 'overrated' and 'underrated' for our use just for amusement. As long as we have valid reasons and it's not bashing, to each it's own opinion then! ;)

^ Since I love bantering with you..... err.. Mod I welcome anything..

mookie - GHJ - I hated her in Snow Man.. can't stand the sight of her... how can she dump Kim Rae Won for that old actor? I label her "potato face".

in Sang Doo.. I tolerated her...in Candy Teacher (whatever).... urghhh hated her...

But She's one underrated actress (in my opinion)... she's good... Not because I love Thank You.... (I tolerated her in Thank You).. May be she's

"underrated" because she acted in mostly "underrated" dramas?? I think Snow Man and Sang Do kinda "underrated"...

Anyway - She's not in my "like" list... barely made it to my "tolerated list".. but I can't deny she's one hell of an actress.... :P..

BTW - We are not out of topic...

Edit :after reading below - slapheadya8.gif... Aiseh......

credit gif - Agent P blog....

Guest mookie

oooooohhhhh, Bambiina sweetie! your GHJ is not the GHJ I'm talking about hahaha my bad my bad.

I'm talking about Go Hun Jung, the lead actress in Spring day...What's up Fox and lately HIT...

mianneh my bad

I have nth against the GHJ in Thank You. she's quite good an actress fr what I rem

and haha might as well be as off topic as can be, I actually like Go Hun Jung the person. She's a strong woman to comeback after a wrenching divorce and Happy Mom's day to her..

Soulmate

Talk about being under appreciated! The drama builds itself up fantastically and it does the whole idea of a "soulmate" without turning it into an overly sentimental and cliche drama. There's so hilarious humour in this and you'll find yourself questioning whether soulmates truly exist at the end.

Archived