Underrated/Overrated Dramas

Guest trulime

Guest joojihoon_19

I think Snow Queen was underrated

Hyun Bin was very good compared when he was in Kim Sam Soon..

But, I don't know the ratings so I may be wrong.. 'cause in the Philippines, we have no news..

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mama bear

may i know whats the difference between under rated and over rated? and why does the lead guy from green rose..i think his name is GO SU. doesnt have a thread here at soompi?

may i know whats the difference between under rated and over rated? and why does the lead guy from green rose..i think his name is GO SU. doesnt have a thread here at soompi?

I think you can look at overrated and underrated two different ways: either by the TV ratings the show received when it aired in Korea, or, at the amount of attention/hype it gets on Soompi forums. Occasionally there's a show that didn't do well in the ratings, but a lot of people on Soompi really liked it. But generally speaking, if you say you think something is overrated you mean that you believe it got more hype or attention or credit than it deserved. Underrated would be the opposite: you think it was a really great show, but it had very low ratings, or doesn't get much attention.

Hope that helps! Some people sound a bit confused!

PS I'm pretty sure there's a thread for Go Su on the forums. I remember seeing it some time ago.

Guest cookiemonster1430262540

The lead guy's name on Green Rose is Go Soo but others call him Ko Soo too. And he does have a thread here.

Here's the link -> http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=156

I think overrated dramas here on Soompi counts hundred of pages while those that are underrated merely reaches its hundreth page.

Guest KhmerGuy231

I thought "Delightful Girl Chun-hyang" was popular. o_O apparently not.

Anyways, overrated

Definitely Goong and Love To Kill

Guest cherryonken

Did Sang Doo do well in the ratings when it aired in Korea?

I think Bi gave one of his best performances in this drama, not to mention Gong Hyo Jin, that chick made me cry every time, lovely soundtrack too.

Guest panda_wok

i agree..."goong" over the top over rated

"spring waltz" and "hello god" were really underrated especially the main guy characters

I actually think Goong S is a bit underrated. True, I have to say that the acting is mediocre, the plot is boring at times, and there are way too much similarities to Goong that it couldn't stand out on its own. However, I still think that it has many more appeals. I am one of those people who are quick to jump into judgement. I dropped a drama after only 15 minutes of its first episode, I dropped some others after an episode or two so I can understand how people only gave Goong S a tiny chance (and no, I'm no fan of Se7en). However, amazingly, the show actually keeps me wanting to see more, wanting to know how everything turn out, etc. Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that people had too high of expectation before seeing this (even tho, I don't think Goong was any good to begin with) thus they ended up disappointed far too soon.

Guest Bootylicious92

I am just a teen...and I don't know overrated or underrated...all I know is that if I like a drama then I like the drama.....If I hate then I hate it.....that's that...simple too....

Guest Solly

overrated: my girl, winter sonata, stairway to heaven, goong, goong s

underrated: vineyard man, spring waltz, sangdoo lets go to school, fantasy couple, 1% of anything

as for my girl, my friends were like "Solly! You have to watch My Girl! It's so funny

and good!" so i gave it a try. umm... wasn't that wowzers about it, and it just seemed

like another funny drama. i really did not think it was THAT superb. it kind of bored

me, so i stopped watching it. lee dae hae is a good actress, but she's not the

greatest. (sorry to the lee da hae fans) nowadays, she's so overrated and

in so many upcoming dramas she's taking part in or might take part in.

as for winter sonata and stairway to heaven, oh my goodness... i am sick of

korean dramas with these kind of plots where someone dies or gets seriously

hurt, and overcoming so many obstacles. geezus... it dragged AND it took so long

to get to the freaking point and to the ending. thank gawd spring waltz was more

relaxed with it.

as for goong s, if it wasn't for seven's popularity, this drama wouldn't have that

many fans supporting it and stuff. the plot is similar to the first goong and the acting...

is so awkward. yes, i understand that it is their first time (for some of them), but so

were the cast from the first one, yet i didn't feel any awkwardness in their acting.

i also think the first goong is overrated.

as for the people who have not even watched ju mong and said that it is overrated,

i seriously consider you to watch it. it is based on a true story and is very important

to our korean history. i hate korean historical dramas, but i loved this one.

Guest devylann

okie...peeps have their own opinions so...imma leave mine too....hehehe... well...i dunno if it's underrated or overrated but i find these dramas that aren't really popular or too popular for some unknown reason...

too popular:

1. FULL HOUSE - like that other peep said...not much storyline...found it boring! i just didn't like Bi and SHG together. i mean everyone does but i don't!!!

2. GOONG - it was good...there were dragging parts and thought the lead actor was too skinny to appear to be a desirable prince!

3. WINTER LOVE: BYJ is a good actor and the storyline is pretty good but i couldn't finish the darn drama.. dunno y...tried many times...

not popular enuf:

1. SAVE THE LAST DANCE : unconditional love... watch it over and over again... wow!!

2. SANGDOO, LET'S GO TO SCHOOL: didn't like BI in full house...but loved him in here. he was really good!!! :) even storyline was good.

Guest rose_liana

I thought "Delightful Girl Chun-hyang" was popular. o_O apparently not.

Anyways, overrated

Definitely Goong and Love To Kill

delightful girl wasnt that popular in soompi...but,it got highest rating in korean during it was aired for most of the episodes...

GOONG..definately overrated!!!

Guest Molra

^i agree with "Goong", i felt it was getting boring towards the ending

i would say, "Vineyard man". i'm not sure about the ratings, but to me it's a pretty nice drama, but not much people, including my friends seem to have watched it though..

Guest xmkaex

overrated:

goong-

it got kinda boring for me , but i liked it

underrated:

-gumiho/forbidden love/tale of the nine tailed fox-

i thought it was really good. it was different from an everyday love scenery. it was action/fighting plus a love triangle combination.

Guest litoxshortaii

i think spring waltz is VERY underrated. i dont get why it got such bad ratings because it's definitely the best out of the seasons (at least out of autumn tale and winter sonata.. ive never seen summer scent). the music and the actors/actresses were awesome. the plot was good too. daniel henney wasnt annoying as hale like wonbin or sanghyuk (dont know his real name) were in the other two season dramas that i watched and han hyo joo was so adorable.

Overrated: Goong, Winter Sonata, Stairway to Heaven, Full House (I love Bikyo, their scenes together are soooo fun, but the story itself and production value are just so-so.)

As for underrated, Solly, I even feel that Jumong is still underrated, despite its high ratings. It is so much more than its level of popularity and the hype it has created. The production value is excellent, great direction and execution (something to excite you in each of the 81 episodes), all actors are amazing, and while the writers had so much creative freedom, they still stuck to what little record there is about Goguryeo's first King. I mean, it would have been easier to succumb to commercial pressure of having Jumong end up with Soseono, but they crafted a beautiful ending that is true to history and still left everyone more than satisfied. There is so much to be learned from the series. From moral, personal values to some lessons in Sun Tzu's The Art of War. Jumong is just awesome.

Just my two cents. :)

as for the people who have not even watched ju mong and said that it is overrated,

i seriously consider you to watch it. it is based on a true story and is very important

to our korean history. i hate korean historical dramas, but i loved this one.

Guest lovegoodfood

Absolutely . I could not get past episode 1. Stop watching after 1 hour . The lead actress is so phoney . She is acting cute at the age of nearly 30.

YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!!!! i cant stand her in Princess LuLu too....Yuck!!!! she is another old woman acting like a young girl....and destroyed the drama..... But she pales in comparison to the main actress in [spring day] and [whats up fox]....she is even older, bloated and fermented face and she always get to pair up with guys at least 10 years younger than her.....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ovette

YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!!!! i cant stand her in Princess LuLu too....Yuck!!!! she is another old woman acting like a young girl....and destroyed the drama..... But she pales in comparison to the main actress in [spring day] and [whats up fox]....she is even older, bloated and fermented face and she always get to pair up with guys at least 10 years younger than her.....

c'mon this is no BASHING thread... and besides KimJungEun and JungJoonHo is a lovely pair.

I think you can look at overrated and underrated two different ways: either by the TV ratings the show received when it aired in Korea, or, at the amount of attention/hype it gets on Soompi forums. Occasionally there's a show that didn't do well in the ratings, but a lot of people on Soompi really liked it. But generally speaking, if you say you think something is overrated you mean that you believe it got more hype or attention or credit than it deserved. Underrated would be the opposite: you think it was a really great show, but it had very low ratings, or doesn't get much attention.

Hope that helps! Some people sound a bit confused!

PS I'm pretty sure there's a thread for Go Su on the forums. I remember seeing it some time ago.

the underrated overrated is i think based on korean ratings.. and the attention of korean audiences. not here at soompi..

and i might add, MAWANG is really underrated. there are so many nice wed-thurs dramas currently aired that Mawang cant compete with the ratings.

Guest minicooperS

just finished Hello God and i must say it is a great series but unfortunately we do not get to hear / see much publicity about it, hence i would say its one of the most underated drama.

It has an interesting story-line that covers more than the usual boy-love-girl tagline and i love the bitter-sweet ending... not too overly dramatic and yet not exactly happy ever after.

also worth a mention is the great acting from a relatively new actor (U-Gun)... although i think he needs to improve on his "crying" skill.

Archived