Yoo Seung Ho 유승호 ユ・スンホ 俞 承 豪

Admin

1 hour ago, Berou said:

@sakura2016 I think he meant no woman likes my true self, for who I am. He's really famous in Korea, I'm sure people approach him because he's Yoo Seung Ho the Actor, they talk to him because he's a celebrity. They must have a certain preconceived idea of him that doesn't match with his personality. So when women get attracted to him,they are actually attracted by his image as an actor. They leave him when they get disappointed by how truly he is. 

He's actually really goofy,shy and awkward but always plays these charismatic, serious,charming characters

but that's a charming side of him in itself!! :wub: 

that's sad but I hope he'll find the woman who'll love him for him with all his shy, goofy and adorkable charms!! :wub: 

cr: yangyorie

• Like 2

I've always loved how different YSH is with other actors. Although, I do love when actors update for us to let us know how they're doing but I much rather have someone who meets us through their work only. He's as busy as he is already and should always have the right to be by himself and surround himself with people who love who he is as a person. 

So, I'm glad that @Berou has shared that for us above.

YSH is such a sweetheart with an incredible love for his fans.

• Like 2

I unlurk.

for one sole purpose.

defending Yoo. and his choice of projects until this recent one.

for those who read thru the whole YSH thread, will know one thing. its a long walk of YSH., i am not a long term Yoopies, but i started since REMEMBER: War of the Son, (AM ALWAYS READY TO DEFEND YSH IN CHOOSING TO ACT IN REMEMBER.)> 

kindly plea everyone who declared they are Yoopies, pls help to defend YSH in other sites, when fans in their zeal to fight for their ideas or artistes, somehow giave unfair judgement against YSH or his excellent choice of project, which i would like to name, REMEMBER WAR OF THE SON...

Remember War of the Son, is definitely YSH's best performance by far... actually Ruler supposed to surpass Remember as his coming Peak performance, but even in Lee Sun's character crafting, it fall flat in comparison with Remember's character.
don't wish to create problem here, i suggest new Yoopies, who loved OTP moments can try I Missed You, those who loved saeguk but bromance and YSH mane of glory can try Warrior BDS, but those who just want to see his excellent acting skill (Melodrama skill) can try Remember.

and i beg to differ regarding he should stop acting in melodrama.... every , yes, i say EVERY YOOPIES know he is the Best Actor in Korea, for Melodrama, he is basically the Prince of Melodrama. asking him to stop melodrama is like ignore his God-given talent just that we do did not want to cry and angst any more.

pls pls pls defend YSH and his choice of projects and his characters.

jaebal.
(now back to my rabbit hole....)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Berou said:

I think answering to your question here feels more appropriate. Earlier I've stated there were better writers, and NHK is one of them. I've only watched 2 of her dramas : that winter the wind blows and it's okay that's love.

I really love her writing style and agree with you. She's really a sentimental writer. It's probably why I like her and keep an eye on her dramas. When I think of her one word comes to my mind : heart-wrenching. She excells writing emotional tales with deep,complex characters with a sense of reality. Her heroines aren't the candy types ( at least from what I've seen in TWTB and IOTL) and the heros are hero-less, the hero of TWTB was a conman passing himself as off the heroine's brother and the IOTL's hero was a psychiatric patient. All her leads have some inner struggle and when they meet and fall in love, they decide to fight and overcome these struggles in the name of the love. This is probably why her stories are heart-wrenching 

Some might think melos are outdated. However, her melos have a touch of modernity. It's been more than a decade she's a writer and has adapted herself to society's changes, viewers' taste. Unfortunately she's in love with Jo In Sung and keeps casting him. I wish one day she considers YSH as a male lead,gives him a well written,heartwarming, complex role. But the journey is long for YSH.. to get top writers and top directors to court him, he needs that one hit drama that'll make him the next Song Joon Ki, Kim Soo Hyun. Although he's a veteran and gets praised for his acting skills, his one man agency doesn't have enough power to stand against these big, A-listers actors. All the good roles and the best ones are given to them.

Yes, you've said everything I love about NHK. She's such a depth writer and her characters for me really do standout due to their inner pain and struggles. YES! I really love female leads that aren't candy types and NHK really does well in that part. 

Thats what I don't comprehend with some people. Melos for me aren't outdated but rather a much better genre to watch than romantic comedy. NHK really does well with the balance and sincerity in the melodramas. She doesn't add much too much pain that makes it hard to watch. And if she does have a scene that can be a bit of a comic relief, she does have the right earnest balance. 

One of her new dramas that might air next year, she's using another actor from her previous drama and I really wish she could just expand her actor list. It would be really good to have more of a diverse cast for many of her dramas going forward. 

His one man company sometimes has me conflicted. The agency like you said, doesn't have that much of a man power to be going against A-list actors. It is upsetting as a fan. YSH is so recognized for his acting since he was a child and he is the veteran compared to the current A listers. I don't care about popularity but the fact that due to the force of certain dramas, he gets pushed aside a lot. 

I hope one day he can star in one of NHK's dramas. But also have a drama that gives him a character that challenges him but also has him stand out enough to become a hit drama.  

• Like 3

Hi. First time writing here and for the first time I have become a noona fan. :o  Does any NHK drama have an actor in his 20s? I think its always 30. Well most of the famous authors stick to atleast someone they are familiar with. I would like YSH to work with Park Hyeryun. I like her stories but I don't think any of her dramas hit 20% yet and she also seem to stick to actors she is familiar with. (edit: IHYV did hit 20%) The writer of Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim is someone who doesn't stick to familiar actors. I like her works as well. I don't want any of my favourites to work with Kim Eun Sook. I just don't like that actor until a new work of him comes. I don't know, I keep remembering the cringy lines.

I think YSH has all the factors that will make him hit big if he played a hit role. Well he was big before but I think the new generation of fans is not familiar with him and they are more familiar with the other 93 line actors. Him not doing any additional activity except his drama or movie makes him less exposed as well. I actually like that he is sticking to his principles and continuing forward. Part of me is curious how long it would last. I guess everyone who sees him thinks he is handsome. The other day I was lurking in his tag in twitter and saw someone has posted his remember individual poster asking who that was.

@Berou  I think after this project, he would take another one sooner than the last time. I have noticed actors take another project much later if the previous one did well. What do you think?

I don't think this has been posted. Jeon Hyebin talks about YSH. They worked together in King and I.

• Like 2

I agree w/ you @Berou // as much as I sincerely love melodramas and I love YSH the actor and the human being, I think sticking with one genre doesn't really expand his factor of acting capabilities that well. Thriller drama is definitely something that can give him the attention and fans. Defendant was a good drama, one of my faves this year. I kept imagining YSH as the role that KMS did in that one. He would've done amazing in that role. Hopefully, a drama one day comes across that he will like and will provide the love & care fans give him. 

I also love that he sticks to his principles. He's always so unchanging and always focus on what he loves best. There always has to be a divide between personal and work life and YSH is considerably great at what he does in terms of acting and sticking to his own personal life. Top actors like Gong Yoo & So Ji Sub are also my faves when it comes to dividing the personal and work life. Gong Yoo said this in his CNN this year - he already shows so much while acting but when it comes to his own life, he believes that it's his own and he doesn't have to share it with us. I believe that in YSH too. That's why when he does go MIA for a year or months, I try not to dwell on it because he'll come back ahahah 

Ruler did have high expectations. I was especially excited because it was YSH & then KSH, my two fave actors. But what can we do? When the writers just don't become consistent and lack in terms of writing, we can only just hope that YSH had fun and have gain memories that he can remember by. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Berou said:

@fibulas I already watched that video. LoL at YSH being cute and hiding himself from embarrassment. He hasn't changed a bit. It makes me wonder how he was raised. How come he's still a baby inside sometimes, getting easily shy and embarrassed.

hhhhhhhhh he's so adorable!! :lol::wub: and I have huge respect to his parents for raising a well mannered young man like him!! :heart: 

cr: yooseungho_actor

happy his much needed rest time started!! and hope he'll be back with a new project before I finish watching all his old projects :D 

@fibulas don't worry I'm a noona fan too :wink: 

• Like 3

ahhhhh most of the fans I meet of YSH are noona fans too!! ahaha, I love interacting with all of his fans but noona fans are the best! ahahah! I'm only 2 years younger than him but still ahahaha! 

ahhh he's finally resting and sleeping. thank goodness. 

• Like 3

YES! I agree with @Berou ! @sakura2016 Please do watch Remember after Ruler! It's my favorite drama of his thus far. He really did so amazing there emotionally but also as a genius lawyer. I've seen it twice so far and I still become at such awe at how amazing his acting capabilities are for such a young age! 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Berou said:

@sakura2016 I love that gif ! Manly YSH :wub:. Yay happy his rest started, he needs to eat,eat,eat and sleep,sleep,sleep. Go watch Remember after ruler ! In my opinion it's his best project, shined more there, SJW's was tailored-made. It's cool you're going to watch his old gigs, we'll have plently things to discuss here. This thread has been almost dead for 2 months because I have no one to talk to now, I've already chatted with older yoopies for months here before ruler. Thus,we've got nothing to say now. I wish they come back here after ruler and  we go back to chatting @paperboat04 @dottedheart @vieedha @akausagi.

This thread is actually a café :lol:

yeah I love it too!! :wub: 

yeah he needs to eat and sleep as much as possible/needed!! then come back to us being fully recharged :D 

I'm scared of Remember, I followed it and watched many of his scenes in it and MVs and cried an ocean because of it but I will watch it for sure!! I'll just brace my heart and jump in :D *gulp* and I'm happy I'll be discussing about him/his projects with all of you here!! :D 

@joyspartace_stv I will chingu :wink: you watched the drama twice?!! you're really strong!! :blink: hhhhh

• Like 3

Child Actor Yoo Seung Ho Is All Grown Up And You Won’t Believe How Handsome He Got

Yoo Seung Ho may have once been a sweet and adorable child. However, he’s grown to be incredibly handsome and total boyfriend material.

Yoo-Seung-Ho-Boy.jpg

Puberty is seriously no joke and can transform someone into a very attractive adult, and that seems to have been the case with Yoo Seung Ho.

Yoo-Seung-Ho-4.jpg

Yoo Seung Ho was an adorable and fresh-faced child star who quickly became loved by the whole nation.

Spoiler

Yoo-Seung-Ho-boy-1.jpg

Now he is simply irresistible and total boyfriend material.

Spoiler

Yoo-Seung-Ho-2.jpg

The child rose to stardom only two years after his debut, after the low-budget movie that he starred in titled The Way Home, had become a box office hit.

Spoiler

Yoo-Seung-Ho-boy-2.jpg

Yoo Seung Ho was so loved and praised, that he was even given the name “Nation’s Little Brother”, but now he’s more like the Nation’s super handsome older brother.

Spoiler

Yoo-Seung-Ho-3.jpg

Yoo Seung Ho now looks irresistible whether he wearing sporty clothes for Addidas…

Spoiler

GIF

GIF

Posing in a chic all-blue outfit for Grazia…

Spoiler

Yoo-Seung-Ho-5-1.jpg

Or just generally existing.

Spoiler

Yoo-Seung-Ho-4.png

Yoo-Seung-Ho-3.png

Yoo-Seung-Ho-1.jpg

http://www.koreaboo.com/buzz/child-actor-yoo-seung-ho-grown-wont-believe-handsome-got/

:wub: 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Berou said:

14 minutes ago, joyspartace_stv said:

ahhhh yes!!!! cries!!! @Berou those gifs are legit heaven. ugh, he's so adorable and smiley - makes my heart stop every single time ahahaha the second gif is the one that makes me smile the most AHAHHA 

Hhhh me too :wub:. Why are you so handsome YSH ? I especially loves when he passes his hand through his hair on the third gif

awwwww those gifs :wub: yeah I remembered those gifs too thank you for sharing them @Berou:wub: he's so adorably handsome :blush: that adorable smile, those captivating eyes and him passing his hand through his hair, I can't chose, love them ALL :blush: 

• Like 2

he does that hand running through his hair so much that I hate myself for falling for it every single time ahaha 

we should get used to it by now but ugh, once he does it - he just becomes even more incredibly adorably handsome. 

yes, YSH can't just be called handsome. it has to be adorably handsome with the most beautiful eye smile. ahaha. 

• Like 2

yes calling him only handsome isn't enough adorably handsome is better :lol::wink: how he can be so charismatic manly and serious only to become supper adorable like a child the second he smiles... :wub: 

and YES PLEASE DO MORE PHOTSHOOTS MAGAZINE FOR US FANS YOO SEUNG HO-SSI, that can help our wait *blink* *blink* :D 

@Berou yeah that's a great idea, I don't know much about Yoo Seung Ho so you can and @joyspartace_stv keep talking about his habits and everything you want about him and I'll be reading them all nodding my head with a big grin :D hhhhh

is there someone who didn't feel jealous of that cat?!! :D 

• Like 2

ahhhh call! let's try and make this threat hot topic, yes! 

what should I say first? hmm....

one of my favorite things of his habit that he does is whenever he's in an interview or just talking in general - once he starts getting shy, he suddenly starts scratching his head and briefly looks away.

espeically notice when he gets shy or embarrassed, he bends his head down or touches his hair often ahaha  

another fave of mine is when he's filming an intimate scene, he's so into the character as he films but once that CUT is called ~ he slowly backs away from the leading ladies but that intensity and passion is still clearly on his face since he's still very much so in character ahaha 

ME! We're all jealous of that cat! ahaha, I'm mostly jealous of his cats at home tho ahaha

• Like 2

I love his way of trying to hold himself from laughing but fail eventually and you can see it all over his face :lol::wub: 

and how he wanted to play not remembering what Park Shin Hye was talking about (IU being his new idol type) but his way of looking away while saying "no/don't remember" while holding his smile gave him away :lol: he's bad at lying :lol: 

hhhhhhh yeah, his cats are lucky indeed!! :lol: 

• Like 2