tracycutie

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2006-03-16

Source: Koreacontent News Team

Film 'Classic' to be made into a TV animation

200603160000721insert_1.jpg

'Classic' (director: Kwak, Jae-yong, 2003), a film starred by Sohn, Ye-jin and Jo, Seung-woo, will be made i

nto a TV animation.

"Director Kwak, Jae-yong's of 'Classic' and director Yang, Jin-cheol of 'Oseam' joined hands to make an animated version of 'Classic'.

The said animated remake will not be for theater screening but will be released as a 26-episode TV series," Dohwaji Entertainment, an animation production company, announced on March 15.

Producing the said remake three years after the film came out has been encouraged by the so-called Korean Syndrome that is currently sweeping across Asia. It is the same reason why 'A Jewel In The Palace,' a drama that further stoked the Korean Syndrome frenzy, has recently been remade into a 26-episode animated version ('Janggeum's Dream'). 'Classic' was a huge hit when it was released in all Asian countries, including Japan and Taiwan.

Not only 'Classic' or 'A Jewel in the Palace', but also the recent hit film 'King and the Clown' (director: Lee, Joon-ik, 2005), which has attracted 12 million viewers in Korea, are also to be remade into an animated film.

"It is meaningful that the lack of planning in the Korean animation industry is filled up with Choongmu-ro (the film industry), which encourages the creation of an animation that is heartfelt and warm. With 'Classic', there are many sentimental and cultural codes in the film, such as the rural scenery or the innocent times during the characters' school days, the shadow of the Korean War, and other events that all Asians can identify with, and in this regard, we believe that an animation can also evoke the sympathy of all of Asia," Na, Hyun-chae, PD of Dohwaji Entertainment, explained.

http://www.koreacontent.org/weben/inmarket...?news_seq=25533

Guest georgeleong

This movie has a great twist in the end. The daughter gets to finisht he love story with her mom's ex lover's son. real coincidence lolz...

Guest Jamieâ„¢

I just finished watching it.

It was a good love story, but it wasn't great.

The storyline is quite simple; rich girl, parents don't approve of relationship etc.

I loved the music though ^^

The cast was good, except Jo In Sung. Imo, he was horrible. :vicx:

Guest xx-outsider-xx

i like the scene with the umbrella and the rain, how their thoughts are similar, with them only realizing it later. so sweet.

Guest Zi Yan

what was the song being played during the rain scene? :) thanks in advance!

너에게 난 나에게 넌 (nuh eh ge nan na eh ge nun - Scenery of Riding Bicycle)

i'm looking for the full violin version of this song...they played before the rain scene...

also the full humming version of 사랑하면 할수록 by a woman during the river scene at the end...

Guest chaieee

너에게 난 나에게 넌 (nuh eh ge nan na eh ge nun - Scenery of Riding Bicycle)

i'm looking for the full violin version of this song...they played before the rain scene...

thanks for the information. :)

Guest xosandy

March 23, 2006

Animation Update: The Classic

KWAK Jae-Young's 2003 feature The Classic, is to undergo a transformation. The sentimental drama starring SON Ye-jin and JO Seung-woo will be remade into an animated version. According to Dohwaji Entertainment, an animation production company, the remake is not intended for theaters but will be released as a 26-episode TV series.

Director KWAK, also known for his hit comedy-romance My Sassy Girl and Wind struck will collaborate with renowned animation director YANG Jin-cheol of Oseam to make the animated version of the film. Theproject came about largely due to the success of Korean popular culture sweeping throughout Asia.

Recently, popular Korean TV drama A Jewel in the Palace was also made into a 26-episode animated version called Janggeum's Dream. Box-office champion King and the Clown is another feature planned to be turned into an animated series. The feature version of The Classic proved a success when it was released theatrically in many Asian countries including Japan and Taiwan, so producers expect a strong interest throughout Asia for the animated version.

With a growing demand for animation worldwide, government funding for Korean projects has now increased. Recently, the government supported Korea Culture and Content Agency (KOCCA) announced a US$6 million 3-year support fund for animation projects that will include use of its newly opened animation studio, rental equipment, and marketing assistance. The 26-episode TV series Mimi and Dada's Art Expedition was selected last year to receive support.

Meanwhile, The Seoul International Cartoon and Animation Festival (SICAF) recorded a record number of entry applications for this year's festival. Over 1200 animations from 53 nations were submitted, a 41% increase from the year before. The annual festival, which takes place this year in Yongsan, Seoul, has drawn a lot of interest from Europe and North America. 130 entries were submitted this year from France, 79 from Britain, 80 from Canada and 65 from the U.S. Local submissions almost doubled from 157 last year to 290 this year. Results of the preliminary selection will be announced March 20th on the festival's website: http://www.sicaf.org. SICAF will run from May 24th to the 28th at the CGV cinema complex in Yongsan station.

Nigel D'Sa (KOFIC)

http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/news/news_view...em=&tmp_cnt=366

Guest klarisse

after reading all your great feedbacks about the movie, i'll be definitely buying the dvd. yay! jo in sung is... sigh. (;

Guest guess_

i love this movie! it's great.. :)

but it's so dissappointing that there are many deleted scenes.. and most of them are sang-min's (jo in-sung) scenes! :tears:

whoa! this will be made into an animation!?! hehe... im so gonna watch it.

this movie was a surprise top movie for me. i just randomly bought the limited edition dvd at music plaza and it turned out to be a reeeeaaall tear jerker! :tears: i cried a lot watching this and i thought the storyline with the time sequence was unique. (though it reminded me a little of the movie 'ditto') but this one had a better twist and a more conclusive ending :sweatingbullets: worth my $30.00 USD. :blush: ;)

Guest trial_12

I really found this movie very good...

I wanted to cry when she learned that Joon Ha died and his last wish was to scatter his ashes on the river....but my father was there and I was shy..hehe...

to the one who said that when they were meeting for the first time and there was a girl who passed by the back, I think it was part of the movie...it was the man or something that scared them that's why joon ha went to that door...

when I read the end credits,it mentioned that there was a Philippine crew...was some of the scenes in this movie shot in the Philippines??

Guest sweet_treats1812

ooohhh~ they're making an animation version of it? interesting...y are kdramas and movies suddenly being remade into animations? :lol: first misa, now this..hahaha...

it was a pretty good movie though..at first i was confused..but i loved how fate brought em all together in the end ;)

Guest Zi Yan

when I read the end credits,it mentioned that there was a Philippine crew...was some of the scenes in this movie shot in the Philippines??

the war scene...

just don't know where exactly in the Philippines...

Guest BhUterFly05

the war scene...

just don't know where exactly in the Philippines...

Whoa...philippines..that's my homeland...anyweiz...i loved this drama...it was sooo cute....the three guys were all cute :D I remembered the fire flies part...the kiss n' everything....*sigh*

Oh yeah i forgot about the being blind part...that made me really sad....it was my first Korean movie ever....watched it last summer.....it was sooo gooood

• 2 weeks later...
Guest oc-ca

OMG! I think this is my new fav Korean movie love story. The title, as others have pointed out, is apt- a truly "classic" and poignant- for a love story. Unlike some recent kdramas where the overacting and overproduction ruined the delivery of a basic, pure love story, this movie just did it right. The CSW, SYJ and JIS expressed so much in a glance and single tear...This story so touched my heart. I've heard a lot of buzz about CSW but this is the first time I got his awesome appeal.

Archived