Oh Sang Jin

8532503037_95ecbe2ccb.jpg

• Name: 오상진 / Oh Sang Jin
  • Profession: MC, actor and former MBC announcer 
  • Birthdate: 1980-Feb-15 (age 34)
  • Birthplace: Ulsan, South Korea
  • Star sign: Aquarius
  • Blood type: B
  • Family: Father/entrepreneur Oh Ui Jong (오의종)
  • Talent agency: TPC Prain
  • Education: Samshin Elementary School, Daehyun Middle School, Haksung High School, Yonsei University (Bachelor of Commerce) 

Dramas

• The Family is Coming (SBS, 2015)
  • Sweden Laundry (MBC Every1/MBC Drama Net, 2014)
  • Drama Festival: Won Nyeo Il Gi (MBC, 2014) 
  • Big Man (KBS2, 2014) cameo
  • You Who Came From the Stars (SBS, 2014)
  • Drama Festival: Boy Meets Girl (MBC, 2013) cameo
  • The Greatest Love (MBC, 2011) cameo
  • High Kick Through the Roof (MBC, 2009) cameo
  • That Person Is Coming (MBC, 2008)

Movies

• Venus Talk (2014) cameo
  • The Traffickers (2012) cameo

Variety Shows (Single Appearances Not Included)

• Dancing 9: Season 1 (2013) MC
  • Dancing 9: Season 2 (2014) MC
  • Dancing 9: Season 3 (2015) MC

Awards

• 2011 MBC Entertainment Awards- Special Award (Current Affairs/News Division)
  • 2009 MBC Drama Awards- Special Award (Announcer TV Division)
  • 2007 MBC Entertainment Awards- Announcer Award
  • 2006 MBC Entertainment Awards- Rookie Award (Show/Entertainment Division)

Links

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

15-02-26 From baenuriyaa Instagram (Youngmi-sshi in drama Sweden Laundry)Caption : :..
얼음#mbceveryone #스웨덴세탁소 #15회2/27 금 7:10 #본방사수10953522_433861590112546_2050716973_n.jp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Stars Express Support for Nepal Following Earthquake
Messages of condolence are coming from various stars following the tragic earthquake in Nepal.
nepal.jpg

Actor Lee Jung Jin, whose photo exhibition to raise money for libraries in Nepal opened on April 26, expressed his concern on his Instagram page, writing, “I heard the sad news from my Nepalese friends… We are currently holding a photo exhibition to raise funds for Nepalese libraries… I hope there is no further damage.. I will go there as soon as possible..”
Broadcaster Oh Sang Jin, currently in Nepal doing NGO work, also wrote the following on his Instagram page:
“I am unharmed and okay, everyone.
I am currently in a village in the Bharatpur region of Nepal doing NGO work. The children and I were very surprised when, around lunchtime, the ground began to shake. While there is very little damage to this area, Kathmandu, a city only 20 minutes from here by plane is in a very serious situation. Images of buildings collapsing are continuously being shown on the local news, and while rescue efforts are underway, there are currently over 1,000 estimated victims. The majority of locals are also coming to open areas in case there are any aftershocks.
Please send your support and prayers for the safety of the people of Nepal. The airport is currently closed down, but I will do all I can to come back safely soon. I would like to sincerely thank everyone who has been worried about me.”
Hearing of Oh Sang Jin’s safety following the earthquake, actress Lee Chung Ah also took to Twitter to voice her relief and support for the people of Nepal, tweeting, “Although we are not close, my heart sank when I heard that Oh Sang Jin was in Nepal.. luckily he says he is unharmed. To those in Nepal worrying for the safety of their family and friends… stay strong. I’m praying for you.”
http://www.soompi.com/2015/04/26/stars-express-support-for-nepal-following-earthquake/
If he want to go, it must be after Law of Jungle filming. I hope everything gonna be alright for everyone.

• 3 months later...

August 25, 2015

Oh Sang Jin Completes His First Fan Meeting

Source: BNTNews

lrrh3okasjjdxnw0b9q1xemkrh53kpvw.jpg

[by Sora Ghim] Actor Oh Sang Jin held his first fan meeting on August 23.

Oh Sang Jin’s agency Prain TPC stated, “There was a consistent request from fans who wanted to see Oh Sang Jin’s honest self, up close. It was a time for him to show his usual self and his thoughts, not his image in front of the camera.” About 1700 fans attended this event.

The fan meeting started with a congratulatory video starring the actors of Prain TPC such as Ryu Seung Ryong, Oh Jung Sae, Moon Jung Hee, Moon Ji Ae, Lee Joon, and Ji Soo. The program was mainly conversation with the fans and Oh Sang Jin thought deeply about the fans’ questions before answering them.

For the fan meeting souvenirs, he prepared pictures of his daily life that he values in a USB. Not just that, but he autographed the script he used while acting and books he was deeply touched by, creating cherished goods that fans cannot forget. He received the heated response of fans for his prepared gifts.

In particular, on this day, Oh Sang Jin played the violin and even sang for his fans. Usually very shy, Oh Sang Jin expressed his thanks and love for his fans with Sung Si Kyung’s song ‘The Road To Me.’ When the meeting ended, he shook every fans hand as they left.

Oh Sang Jin stated, “After starting broadcasts in 2006, it is the first time holding this type of event. I’m always thankful to the people who like me and it was vague on whether I would be able to hold a meeting to personally greet fans, but since I was able to meet fans like this today, I am very happy. Thank you. I missed you.” After the event, he posted on his SNS, “Thank you, I am happy.”

Meanwhile, Oh Sang Jin is currently publishing a book and related strips through a portal site. (photo by Prain TPC)

• 1 year later...

February 21, 2017

Oh Sang-jin wedding

Oh Sang-jin wedding

Shown is a wedding photo of Oh Sang-jin (L), a news anchor and TV personality, and Kim So-young, an announcer for commercial broadcaster MBC, released by the fashion magazine Elle on Feb. 21, 2017. They will get married April 30. (Yonhap) (END)

February 22, 2017

MBC news announcers to marry

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

21184425.jpg

Television personality and former news anchor Oh Sang-jin is tying the knot with MBC newscaster Kim So-young in April.

The announcement was made by Oh in a hand written letter uploaded to his fan page on Monday, who said the wedding was taking place on April 30.

“This marriage was a life decision that would make me both a better and happier person,” Oh wrote in his letter. “We will work hard to become a couple that walks a righteous path.”

The couple will also be appearing in next month’s issue of Elle magazine with pictures from their wedding photoshoot, which was kept a secret by magazine staff until the marriage announcement.

Oh and Kim both debuted under MBC and have reportedly been dating for two years. They publicly announced their relationship last April.

The two are the newest announcer couple to unveil their marriage plans after the wedding announcement of Jo Woo-jong and Chung Da-eun. The latter will hold their celebration at a hotel in Seoul on March 16.

By Chung Jin-hong

February 23, 2017

Former MBC News Presenter Announces Wedding Plans

Source: The Chosun Ilbo

Former MBC news presenter Oh Sang-jin unveiled pre-wedding photos ahead of marriage with his former colleague Kim So-young in late April.

They posed for a photo shoot by a fashion magazine, trying on various attires such as a white tuxedo, off-the-shoulder gowns and cocktail dresses.

2017022301287_0.jpg

2017022301287_1.jpg

Oh met her when he worked for MBC, one of the major satellite broadcasters, and they have been reportedly dating a couple of years. They will get married on April 30.

Their photos will be featured in the March edition of Elle Bride.

• 1 month later...

April 6, 2017

Oh Sang-jin sheds a tear over memories at MBC

(MBC)

Anchor-turned-actor Oh Sang-jin got teary eyed as he reminisced about his former workplace during an interview at the station. 

On the MBC talk show “Golden Fishery Radio Star,” Wednesday, Oh said he missed the broadcasting station since leaving in 2013.

“It has been almost five years since I resigned from MBC. I feel overwhelmed by visiting here again,” said Oh at the beginning of the show. The show’s host Kyuhyun jokingly introduced Oh as a failure among the anchors who dropped out of the field to work as a freelancer. Oh had never really settled down successfully after his resignation.

At the end of the show, when the program was wrapping up for the day, Oh suddenly burst into tears. “I have always wandered around Sangam-dong near MBC, missing the place where I had worked. It’s good to see the ex-colleagues again,” said Oh, promising that he would show a brighter side from now on. 

By Park Ju-young (jupark@heraldcorp.com)

Archived