What's your take on the Block B's Controversy?

Guest lualm

Recently Block B members found themselves in hot water after giving out rude remarks on a TV show in Thailand.

The controversy of their comments rely in the fact that members were actually making too much fun of the situation by saying that they could only help with 6 dollars and they were being disrespectful and rude about the situation pretending they didn't know anything. These comments made Thailand people upset and offended.

And also it started an outrage over 2PM members who expressed their feelings on the situation. As some of you may know, Thailand is like a second home for 2PM members since Nichkhun is originally from Thailand. He expressed on his Twitter account, "As a Thai person I feel offended by those who speak about the Thailand floods without thinking. Also instead of coming to Thailand and acting mindlessly, please respect the country’s manners, and only act in a proper way."

Read the Soompi article by JangMinHo here

Today one of the members, P.O was rushed to the hospital due to shock after learning about the netizens' petition for Block B to commit suicide. There were also rumors that Zico's mother got death threats from some fans from the other fandom.

Seems the public's outrage is not going to end anytime soon.

Is a public apology enough to appease the offended parties? Should forgiveness be given out immediately after a show of remorse or do you need time to get over the whole thing because that's the only time you can forgive truthfully? What's your take on this issue?

Check out Block B Official Thread to know more about them

Guest jiraphan2

Nichkhun was right in his own way ! and I agree with what he said . 

Because I'm form Thailand myself .. 

but that don't make people the right to make them kill themselves and everything . 

And like bashing on them .  Thailand please understand it was just a joke . 

"As a Thai person I feel offended by those who speak about the Thailand floods without thinking. Also instead of coming

to Thailand and acting mindlessly, please respect the country’s manners, and only act in a proper way." 

I totally agree with Nichkhun , but I forgive them ..

BBC always ... support from thai fan :)

even if 2PM member didnt mention it before...this issue already up way before.. :) (in korea) since this korean article didnt get any translate in english before from kpopnews site.. :)

this was starting from korean media whos made this article...do you guys think where on the earth 2PM boys will know it from??if isnt from this article?

do you think that theyre block b stalker.. :) kkkkk

even about their donation and 6 dollar wasnt true but..their attitude during interview was wrong!isnt it?

and if their fans can't stop talking like "OMG!theyre just joking!" "OMG!Block B usually doing things like that.." or whatsoever..

ok if youre one of their fans you may understand about their attitude..but HOW ABOUT SOMEONE WHO'S NOT ONE OF THEIR FANS AND CANNOT ACCEPT THEIR TROLLING ATTITUDE?" how can you deal with it?? :)

ok theyre apologize..we all accept it..for me the case all closes..but their fans keep bashing keep blaming like it's all because 2PM..it's all because Nichkhun..

that bothering me so much...why should he apologize?it's his country..the place where he was born.. Thailand :) let's us put our shoes on both parties.. :D

and about that death petition can somebody give me the prove of that?

i've found this on korean news site..  http://m.news.nate.com/view/20120224n23500 if i didnt mistaken that death petition wasnt true either..

sorry if i got it wrong since my korean isnt that good!lol

let's us live in peace~~ :D

Without any disrespect to Thai people..... I just want to say that we're just HUMAN BEING.

Ppl makes mistakes. That's why they're called HUMAN.

Anyone who never did MISTAKE in their lives, don't forgive them.

But if u did make one or more in your live, think again before judging.

I don't take side. I just thought that i ever make mistake ... i wish for forgiveness to.

Still, i appreciate those who disagree. We couldn't make EVERYONE agrees with us.

i'm sorry if i say it wrong. Tq

Guest HappyLucky

For me, Nichkhun has fully right to express his feeling to someone who were being disrespectful for his home country.

Block B actually acted immature and rude, but I'm glad to see them apologize. Hope they will become better in the future.

I don't like fan wars. I personally think some Block B fans were childish to blame on Nichkhun, who has done nothing wrong regarding this issue.

If I were Block B fans, I will stay clam and accept that they made mistakes, but try to support them instead.

Acting immature and blaming on Nichkhun or other people won't help anything, but make things worse.

About someone in Block B admited in the hospital, I hope he gets well soon. But I just read Korea news this afternoon, media said Block B's company just made up the story about suicidal petition. So if there was none of that petition, why the company told the media about that? I don't know, to me Block B's company seems to play with the media somehow. Uhmmmm....

Anyway, I hope this end soon. We don't need more dramaaaaa.  :(

I feel this situation could have been handled better, on both party part, I understand were Nichkhun was coming from and I do not feel he was wrong in his worlds but I do feel he was wrong in what he used as an outlet. He could have said this face to face to them or found a way of speaking to them one on one/ directly. Him being the older and wiser IDOL, should have know if he says this on twitter it would have became how it is. We all know that this issue would have not gotten as out of control as it is now if Nichkhun had not expressed his feeling on the matter.

Now what I find more shameful is how there a people asking for theses YOUNG boys death, I find that shameful, I find that things happen in life good and bad and people make mistakes so who are we to find ourselves that Almighty that we can not forgive a group of Young men who were miss guided and have taken responsibly for there action and apologized to the world not only us.

Guest paoselector

I think that all is STUPID!

There was a misunderstanding.. then a Bigger idol and Sensationalist pages said lies... the antis and ignorant people start to attack them.. i mean.. is too much.. the koreans and antis have to stop it seriously.. all the international fans are seeing this and we can't believe how bad and cruel that people are there.. it's to much!

Im dissapointed with Korea..

Block B have my support and i hope they can keep going from this.. they are real artist, something that koreans can't see..

[i wanna say more but my english isn't good..]

[All i can say people search the truth... i mean.. even Nichkhun didn't see all the Thai interview, because there u can see they aren't insult to Thai people.. all was a misunderstanding..]

Guest HeLLAsian

Block B are really young ! Please understand and forgive them !

Of course they were wrong about that. It's not right to say that and if something happen in KOREA they wouldn't say that. They were so careless.

But they did everything to apologiez, they write letter, the leader cut his hair in mark of respect.

And now people are signing a petition for a sucide ?? that went so so far !

Wishing for 5 young men between 17 to 20 (i think i didn't check) it's hard to heard that and what the hell is that !

STUPID NETIZENS plz stop all this people isn't the same as a premeditated murder ?

Never mind I will always support BLOCK B ! Be strongg ♥ don't get fool by these stupid netizens ! Live is precious

Ppl make mistakes..stop bashing on them..it'll make the situation getting worse..they already felt guilty the way they acted before and sincerely apologized..what else do u guys want?i'm not a big fan of block b and i dont hate them as well.. pls dont judge them in any harsh remarks, comments towards them..walk in their shoes and feel their pain, their laughter, their sorrow and till then dont judged anyone of them...and no offense here but who are u to filed a petition for block b to commit suicide?definitely u have no rights to do so..nobody is perfect..time heals everything..Peace..

I think that all is STUPID!

There was a misunderstanding.. then a Bigger idol and Sensationalist pages said lies... the antis and ignorant people start to attack them.. i mean.. is too much.. the koreans and antis have to stop it seriously.. all the international fans are seeing this and we can't believe how bad and cruel that people are there.. it's to much!

Im dissapointed with Korea..

Block B have my support and i hope they can keep going from this.. they are real artist, something that koreans can't see..

[i wanna say more but my english isn't good..]

[All i can say people search the truth... i mean.. even Nichkhun didn't see all the Thai interview, because there u can see they aren't insult to Thai people.. all was a misunderstanding..]

yes all block b fans should also find the truth too before bashing and blaming to someone.. :) about that death petition..they all said that this is all because of khun and hottest is the one whos doing all this petition.. :) we speak the truth here..and also about that CEO from brand new stardom people said that is a fake acc but the truth is Kim Jongho is exist! :) you may see this from bb fansite..one of members said thanks to him as representative http://blockbindo.wordpress.com/2012/02/09/welcome-to-the-block-thanks-to-messages/ and here about the death petition http://m.news.nate.com/view/20120224n23500 you may using google trans ..hehe

Guest hunterheart

Personally, I feel like khun can't be blamed for the situation. He didn't even mention their names or anything. It was indirect as his tweet focused more on his position as a thai rather than as nickhun from 2pm. On another note, I get really annoyed when people say that blockb is young and everything. I think that is merely an excuse. There is a lack of professionalism, and there are times to goof around and times when you have to wait and do your part as an idol first. Is this the result of improper training? Maybe, but I don't think it excuses them from this because being young has nothing to do with knowing when you should act professionally and polite or not and knowing what your duty is.

I don't hate blockb. I think this controversy has been blown WAY out of proportion and they don't deserve all the nasty things that happened. They didn't mean to offend anyone and definitely did not hurt anyone. They have shown their remorse and I think it's time to move on from that. It's not like that they did is unforgivable, I don't understand why so many can't let it go. I guess it comes from the fans all blaming khun and fan wars and whatnot making it worse. I feel they should support in blockb growth and realize that what's done is done and that BLAMING anyone does not make the wrong lesser than what it already is, but rather is just emphasizing on it.

Guest B-Rabbit

First of all, the media and netizens had to 1. mistranslate and misinterpret the actuality of the situation 2. blow it out of proportion 3. fail to check their facts before releasing incorrect information. 5. People assuming what the media states is the 100% truth without checking the facts

All are at fault but the truth is Block B did not make the comments about the 7000 won and it was a misunderstanding which many people still fail to believe when the facts are laid out there for them. They then move on to hating on them for their childish behaviour. And that I think is wrong, you can be disappointed and upset and angered but that by no means justifies the actions people are taking by doing petitions and making hate groups.

Personally I felt nick khun was entitled to make his own comments, but what i hope is that he did not base all that off a faulty news article which made incorrect statements. I'm glad he tried to defend block b as well but i think he too should've thought a bit more about what his statement could've caused.

It was really truthfully a minor situation where they were acting immature and inappropriately for an interview, and it could've happened in any country. I think the real mature people will let it go and forgive them or acknowledge that they took responsibility for their actions. I feel so upset that so many people can't do just that but continue to push on more hate towards the group. As if having your home country and another country angry at you and hating on you isn't enough. All we can do now is support them through this BBC or not. I'm only praying that they don't fall apart completely. Poor P.O is only a year older than me as well :(

Guest eneri04

Okay, so I'm not really a BBC but my sister is. At first I thought they were at fault because Khun tweeted about it. I assumed that they have seen the whole clip and understood the situation. Turns out, it was a misunderstanding. Apparently, Block B gave the proceeds from their concert (not really sure how much it was) to the relief efforts in Thailand. That's why they joked about Zico only having 7,000won as they already donated.

Regardless of Block B actually being rude, petitioning for them to commit suicide is out of the question! Even threatening their parents, wow, antis have no life. In the kpop world, where the netizens reign supreme, this situation has.blown way out of proportion. I just pray that the antis have a heart and stop bullying them. Human life is precious, it's not something to be joked about.

Guest theycallmewoo

The 7000 won comment was about how Zico only had that much on him at the time... the Block B members donated $200 each before the controversy started. $200 is around half of their pay, more or less. The members were laughing about how Zico only had 7000 won with him.

Yes, they were lighthearted and playful in the interview. Yes, it did offend Thai people. A flood that shook Thailand by the roots for half a year is definitely a tragedy. :(

But you have to remember that they are people, not narcisstic, perfectionist demigods. They, like the rest of humanity, have their own faults. They're also newbies to the industry and you can't really expect them to have the whole interview-etiquette down from the start, even with tons of practice. Remember that preparation won't always prepare the unexpected. Ranting that "you expect better out of k-pop", "they should've trained their idols better", and "they should be disbanded immediately" won't do any good. Idols go through controversies and hatred constantly, as well as the other end of the spectrum with almost obsessive fandom.

The Korean media blew this out of hand with badly translated interview videos, which led to the scorn and anger. 2PM's Nichkhun had his own rights to voice his opinion, but it shouldn't be backing for Hottest fans to go rabidly insane on Block B and their BBC fandom. He has national pride and reason to feel offended, but if you recall he also tweeted after that we should hope they learned from their mistakes.

And didn't they? Zico shaved his head in remorse; although that might not seem very "apologetic" to people, he tried to show sincerity. Their timing was off because the internet is, as you know, the INTERNET. Information travels fast, and once it's up it's unlikely to ever come down until time passes enough for the broth to simmer. Their performance afterwards seemed very... er, downtrodden.

I keep hear- I mean, reading things about how they "shouldn't have clapped with their wrists" because it's offensive by culture... from what I saw, there was clapping, but I also saw light fidgeting. o_o Please don't tell me that "they're supposed to be trained not to fidget", because again - they are only human. They'll learn to control themselves better in time, but there have been plenty worse controversies in kpop than this. One mistake from a rookie group among many is NOT a reason to tell them to go disband right away or to the extremes "kill themselves".

There's also the newly spawned controversy that the whole "suicide petition" is just a hatched dream from their scheming company. Whether or not this is true, it clearly shows how much this whole thing has been blown out of proportion enough for the petition to be believable in the first place. It ended up on the national news. Whether or not this is just a k-netizen frenzy, it's no reason to rant "stupid netizens, they should go kill themselves instead of venting on Block B" or "they should go to jail". This has been taken too much to extremes, and by hating on them ourselves we're only adding canisters of oil to a wildfire. Pointless and destructive.

They did do wrong, but telling the internet that you'll "wait and see if they learned" won't do much - if you've seen all the videos and countless apologies + the fanwars + the news reports, I think you may agree that this has gone too far. It won't be easy to forget (because again, this is the internet we're talking about here. Yes, with the crazy fans/anti-fans/dissenters/angry people/people who don't get what's going on). But try to forgive considering all the mistakes you've made in your life, BBC or not regardless. They're celebrities and expected to be android-trained to perfection, when it's clearly not the case. Let's forgive them and move on... the quicker this simmers down, the better. Why? Because such attention doesn't do anything positive for the sides except perhaps the eager Korean media waiting to prey on any sign of newsworthy weakness (no offense on the media there, but the media often reminds me of a hawk stalking its prey).

At least forgive, whether or not you choose to forget. Because hating on at least one of the current sides isn't going to do much for you nor anyone else. Instead pray for Thailand or actually do something by donating, instead of criticizing people for their faults. (NOTE: I feel like I was extremely redundant throughout this entire post, possibly because I feel like some points have to be repeated in order to get through. Apologies to those infuriated because of my ridiculously long/repetitive post, and good day to you.)

I feel this situation could have been handled better, on both party part, I understand were Nichkhun was coming from and I do not feel he was wrong in his worlds but I do feel he was wrong in what he used as an outlet. He could have said this face to face to them or found a way of speaking to them one on one/ directly. Him being the older and wiser IDOL, should have know if he says this on twitter it would have became how it is.  We all know that this issue would have not gotten as out of control as it is now if Nichkhun had not expressed his feeling on the matter.

Now what I find more shameful is how there a people asking for theses YOUNG boys death, I find that shameful, I find that things happen in life good and bad and people make mistakes so who are we to find ourselves that Almighty that we can not forgive a group of Young men who were miss guided and have taken responsibly for there action and apologized  to the world not only us.

agreed~i think Khun hav the rights to be angry,but the way he expressed to the boys or the public could've been better~timing wise and  the channel to express it~

Personally, I feel like khun can't be blamed for the situation. He didn't even mention their names or anything. It was indirect as his tweet focused more on his position as a thai rather than as nickhun from 2pm. On another note, I get really annoyed when people say that blockb is young and everything. I think that is merely an excuse. There is a lack of professionalism, and there are times to goof around and times when you have to wait and do your part as an idol first. Is this the result of improper training? Maybe, but I don't think it excuses them from this because being young has nothing to do with knowing when you should act professionally and polite or not and knowing what your duty is.

which is why i think the way block b handled this was actually pretty good~ they didnt even give ANY excuse,they kept apologizing,thru twitter,video,LIVE broadcast~ the ones that are making excuses for them are the fans,which doesnt even relate to them at all~ all i have seen from them,is just them begging for forgiveness~they admit they were wrong~ 

i am not a fan,nor am i an anti~ they were wrong,but they ARE young~though that arent excuse for their attitude,but that is more than enuff reason for the public to accept their apology~ they can and HAVE to learn from their mistake,they are still young where they learn frm their idiocy or whateva ppl want to call it~unprofessionalism,ignorance~whateva~but telling them to stop,get jailed,or to suicide,die and more is just WAY out of line~ 

Block B shouldn't have done what they did. And they have given an apology, the leader has shaved his head in remorse. I'm not sure what else they're doing about it, but they seem to regret what they said.

I think it's uncalled for fans/antifans to petition for them to commit suicide. I never think it's ever good to do make such petitions. I was shocked about what happened with Jaebum and 2PM as the outcome of his careless remark about Korea, forcing him to leave his group. I hope it wouldn't end up like that for this young group.

Block B's just going to have to show how they will mature out of this situation.

Guest monkeyinabarrel

I agree with endeavor, silly excuses like 'oh theyre young' (I'm younger and I would know not to say that)

Their company is the one of the most immature out of this whole controversy. Their CEO spreading malicious rumors about khun, bringing light to a petition that might or might not even exist, and not even stopping their activities for remorse.

There might be something more they can do to show they are truly sorry (but I can't think of something ATM.). Why is khun only dragged in here? As I recall there were several other Celebs who tweeted also about this in disapproval.

Archived