your thoughts on new soompi format

Guest luna1430278013

Guest luna1430278013

@s13 it is fun to discover the new soompi with new features and options ...i like it

@nikkokim agree the colors needs a boost but it is comfy for the eyes though...

i got used to it already ! yay for me !

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest luna1430278013

@green papaya the post editing will be back soon but the ..ish in soompi note made me very worried that it may take longer than expected

@LiLChnKAn93L it is different ...by the way ..i like to get lost in a store !!

Guest AiMango

i just find it a little awkward that everything is adjusted to the right side. it's cool that the boards are all listed on the left, but useless when youre in the middle/bottom of the page already.

overall, a lot smoother than the old soompi. i could get used to it : )

Guest JiN.x

I was actually quite surprised cuz' I usually don't like new formats (youtube for instance) but this one I loved! <3

I think that it would be better if we got rid of the "INSIGHTFUL", "AWESOME" and "lol" functions. I think that with the plus function we had on the old forum, that was enough. But anyways... i'm still growing used to this new layout. It's a little messy still though... But I trust you guys with my heart.

^I'm thinking it's just a way to "categorize" the +1 positive rep to give the poster specific feedback on his/her post.

what i like about the new format is that the thread titles dim/fade to let you know that you have just read it and also the yellow flags to the right of the thread titles to let you know how many new replies were just made

Guest HERMIT

what i like about the new format is that the thread titles dim/fade to let you know that you have just read it and also the yellow flags to the right of the thread titles to let you know how many new replies were just made

@Eclectic Asian

That for me is going to take a little getting used to still.

I'd still like to see the functionality where you can mark a thread as being read, like in the old forum - wherein the thread would be faded as well. I'm hoping that this is something that is still in the works - or at the least, being considered for implementation. As well, I'd also like to see the return of some kind of icon or indicator showing that I've also already posted in that thread too.

Because as it stands now, the topics will only be faded if you've physically gone in and read the topic. There's nothing showing that I've already posted in the thread, so I have to rely on my memory. Having yellow flags indicating new replies is nice, but if I've already read and/or posted in that thread, I may not necessarily want to revisit that topic again (especially if it's an age-old thread with many pages). But if I want to get rid of the "eyesore" that is the yellow flag and the bold-faced/opaque text of the topic title, I currently have no choice but to manually go into the thread and then click back out of it just to "dim" the title and get rid of the flag. This is the only way to get rid of the "visual clutter" of yellow-flagged, bold-faced threads that I don't have plans of revisiting - or reading altogether in the first place. In the old set-up, this could easily have been taken care of by clicking on the left-aligned icon on the topic title to instantly dim it.

Guest luna1430278013

@SunniRise it is better for more emotion/reaction display ....me likey

@EclecticAsian agree when someone replies the notifications on the left are a great touch

@HEHEHE the username does not change i guess but there is the nickname thing for those who want to change their name

@HERMIT

As well, I'd also like to see the return of some kind of icon or indicator showing that I've also already posted in that thread too
whay do u mean?.... there is a post button in your profile that shows all your posts in all the thread and when u click it...it takes u directly to your post there ....

Guest HERMIT

@ouna:

I know what you are saying about going into your profile - but my objective is not to find a specific post.

You know how you go into a subforum page and you are simply viewing the list of all the topics? In the old forum, you used to have a left-aligned folder icon with a tag on it indicating that you already posted in that thread. In the current set-up, while you are simply scrolling down the list of topics, you don't have that icon showing you that you which topics you've posted and which topics you haven't.

As it stands now, the way the topic representation appears is that it is either bold-faced, faded, and/or has a yellow flag indicating "new replies". Bold means I haven't read it and/or there's a new reply. I get that. Faded means that I already read the topic. I get that too - and that's fine.

But what isn't represented is that I've already posted in the topic. If you post a lot or jump between different subforums, having a simple icon there saves a lot of memory work. So even if the topic bolded again and displays a yellow flag of "new replies", the icon helps show that not only have you read the topic before - but you've also posted in it as well.

While i'm on the subject, it would be nice to have the functionality to be able to mark the topic as read (already) at the subforum listing level so that we can remove the "visual clutter" of bold-faced topics (we've already read or choose to ignore) and yellow tagged "new replies". But as far as I can tell, the only way to do this is to go through the painstaking task of having to click into the thread and then click right back out of it just to get the topic title to be faded and therefore 'out of sight, out of mind'.

In the old forum, I found this advantageous from a purely visual/aesthetic viewpoint. I could click into a subforum and instantly "see" what topics have been active and what topics I've commented on. And secondly, if I choose not to read the topics with new activity and/or already commented on, I can simply "dim" them by clicking on the left-aligned folder icon to "mark them as read" and go on my merry way. But right now, that functionality is not present in the current format.

That's what I meant, ouna, the username doesn't change but we mask it with our nickname so that the public sees that nickname instead of our username... Basically in postings, that's the way the public sees our username. Masked.

To those who wonder what the chain thing under our username is, that's a way to link our post directly. It's not meant to click on it.

We use it to right click and copy link location (if you use firefox). Here's a direct link to ouna's previous post:

forums.soompi.com/discussion/comment/25005197/#Comment_25005197

I hope I cleared that mystery out. The post URL is found on forums by default but they're usually more discrete than being put in a chain picture like that (at least in good old forums).

Guest Toadie

Uh..like everyone said, it takes some time to get used to it but i personally do not like the inbox/profile format or how it looks. It was way easier to navigate and to check read/unread messages(perhaps it's being fixed or something?). Also, i noticed the selling&trading section is public now? Wouldn't it be better to make it visible to members only?

At the end, i prefer the old format

I think that it would be better if we got rid of the "INSIGHTFUL"' date=' "AWESOME" and "lol" functions. I think that with the plus function we had on the old forum, that was enough. But anyways... i'm still growing used to this new layout. It's a little messy still though... But I trust you guys with my heart. [/quote']

oh and this^ totally agreed

Guest Dani-girl

Please bring back the feature to click on the arow by the page number and type in a page number. IE If a thread has 1253 pages how do I get to page number 458 or 942 directly without spending half an hour clicking up by 7 pages at a time?

Other than that I like the new format.

Please bring back the feature to click on the arow by the page number and type in a page number. IE If a thread has 1253 pages how do I get to page number 458 or 942 directly without spending half an hour clicking up by 7 pages at a time?

Other than that I like the new format.

Vanilla Forums doesn't have that feature. =/

Edit: You can always write the page number in the url

ex: http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2000022/your-thoughts-on-new-soompi-format/p4 <- goes to page 4

Guest MeriendaTime

Seems much more easy to navigate through. But I kind of liked the darker colors of the old format. Also the selling trading section of soompi is now incredibly confusing. Looks like everything is merged? The surveys, buying, selling sections...

Archived