your thoughts on new soompi format

Guest luna1430278013

Guest luna1430278013

@HEHEHE the nickname is smaller than the user name though ...so it hardly masked but it is a good distraction from the username we regret using in the first place....

the chain thing is an ahhhh moment ..i didn't know that ..nice

@Toadie the inbox is wider and clearer but still confusing... need to send&recieve messages to know how it works ...

selling&trading is public... shouldn't it be so for all to see ...to increase the selling&trading ..that is the point of it no? ...

@masterofceremony me too ^^ !

@Dani-girl have u tried to just change the page number in the url of the thread you are in to the page u want e.g url/p942

@Jaeho agree ! and how did you edit your post????? it shows in your post that it is edited !!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest luna1430278013

@Jaeho aaaaaaaaaa ok thx for the reply ^^ ..i like the site ....been reading the faq page and hope editing will be coming soon!!!!!

@HEHEHE the nickname is smaller than the user name though ...so it hardly masked but it is a good distraction from the username we regret using in the first place....

What do you mean smaller than the username? Is my "HEHEHE" smaller than people's username in font size? I checked the source page for codes and they're the same in font size... Plus, my nickname is in caps just like my username and same font size in threads...

Did anyone notice a difference in the size of my HEHEHE? It's big? Could stretch it longer...

Guest luna1430278013

but one thing.... when someone quotes u it doesn't notify you unless they write @ username ....

wish they change that ...and notify when someone quotes you !!!!!!!!

Guest luna1430278013

@HEHEHE <<<<< your name can be be seen clearly kkkkk

i thought that thread hijacker is the nickname lol

Guest luna1430278013

@ouna:

I know what you are saying about going into your profile - but my objective is not to find a specific post.

You know how you go into a subforum page and you are simply viewing the list of all the topics? In the old forum, you used to have a left-aligned folder icon with a tag on it indicating that you already posted in that thread. In the current set-up, while you are simply scrolling down the list of topics, you don't have that icon showing you that you which topics you've posted and which topics you haven't.

As it stands now, the way the topic representation appears is that it is either bold-faced, faded, and/or has a yellow flag indicating "new replies". Bold means I haven't read it and/or there's a new reply. I get that. Faded means that I already read the topic. I get that too - and that's fine.

But what isn't represented is that I've already posted in the topic. If you post a lot or jump between different subforums, having a simple icon there saves a lot of memory work. So even if the topic bolded again and displays a yellow flag of "new replies", the icon helps show that not only have you read the topic before - but you've also posted in it as well.

While i'm on the subject, it would be nice to have the functionality to be able to mark the topic as read (already) at the subforum listing level so that we can remove the "visual clutter" of bold-faced topics (we've already read or choose to ignore) and yellow tagged "new replies". But as far as I can tell, the only way to do this is to go through the painstaking task of having to click into the thread and then click right back out of it just to get the topic title to be faded and therefore 'out of sight, out of mind'.

In the old forum, I found this advantageous from a purely visual/aesthetic viewpoint. I could click into a subforum and instantly "see" what topics have been active and what topics I've commented on. And secondly, if I choose not to read the topics with new activity and/or already commented on, I can simply "dim" them by clicking on the left-aligned folder icon to "mark them as read" and go on my merry way. But right now, that functionality is not present in the current format.

that is a good point... an icon to tell u what the threads u posted is a good idea ..

was that found in the old format ? never noticed it ...

Guest luna1430278013

@HERMI

But what isn't represented is that I've already posted in the topic. If you post a lot or jump between different subforums, having a simple icon there saves a lot of memory work. So even if the topic bolded again and displays a yellow flag of "new replies", the icon helps show that not only have you read the topic before - but you've also posted in it as well.

that is a good point... an icon to tell u what the threads u posted is a good idea ..but then again you can go to your post from the profile "POSTS" then clicking on the chain thing under ur username to send you to where ur post is

was the icon thing found in the old format ?! never noticed it ...

Guest luna1430278013

i just uploaded a photo and won 10 points

these points remind of harry potter and the points system at hogwarts

10 points to grifindor lol

That's right... My username is NPB-XK and people now see "HEHEHE"! I feel like this feature might be abused a lot later... :-B

That's right... My username is NPB-XK and people now see "HEHEHE"! I feel like this feature might be abused a lot later... :-B

Ohh noooess.. like people saying mean stuff and then changing their username thingy to something else so that you can't identify them? or wait.. no that doesn't work... hahaha. explain

Guest luna1430278013

That's right... M y username is NPB-XK and people now see "HEHEHE"! I feel like this feature might be abused a lot later... :-B

Ohh noooess.. like people saying mean stuff and then changing their username thingy to something else so that you can't identify them? or wait.. no that doesn't work... hahaha. explain

@HEHEHE that is so sneaky ...so people can say nasty stuff then can change the name and the pic so we can't know who they are !!!!!!

that is so NASTY !!!

but wait... i added a nickname and saved my profile ...nothing happened .... @HEHEHE how did u change your name ?

@SunniRise yes i agree it is shady to be able to change your username...but i don't think it works ..cause i saved my nickname but it didn't appear!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest luna1430278013

@RiderKamen totally agreed ... the tweaking is on the way ..as soompi said ...

by the way the "tweaking" reminded me of the movie "you've got mail" with meg rayn and tom hanks kkkk :P

Well, the mods or at least the admins can know what your real username is... Sneaky only to public without being an richard simmons... /:)

You just have to go edit your profile, put your nickname and update it, then you can choose it from the "display name public blah blah (something like that)". Then update...

Guest Erika1430263587

It's alright. I think it will take a bit of time to get used to. I can't say I didn't like the old format better but oh well. And it's bit too big for my computer screen? Like it doesn't exactly fit or whatever you call it.

Guest choliese

it definitely surprised me & imo its sooo much better

like the purple color, navigation etc

thing is i dunno what we're supposed to do with those badges & points?

do we get some kind of prize or sth lolol ;;)

Guest luna1430278013

@choliese the badges are given to you when u contribute to the site ...

every badges give you a points .

these points add up and move you higher in the sites rank... new member >member> freinds of soompi ...etc

badges given to number of years, comments, awsome etc .... you have in soompi

Archived