Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[drama 2007] Legend / Great King And Four Gods 태왕사신기

Replies

• jinkzzmecjinkzzmec Ji Hwan & Yoo SoCalPosts: 7,520Member

IDOL

That was a very good episode...i'm glad the ratings is going up again

More Screencaps for Epi 9

Do not hotlink

image image
    "The trials in life are intended to make us better, not bitter"
  • liezleliezle (^_^)v Posts: 10,563Friend of Soompi

IDOL

edited October 2007
    ep 8 dialogue translation is out! suehan is so fast! thanks much! image

[Trans] TWSSG Episode 8
    korean to english translation by suehan
    posted in BYJ's Quilt

[Episode 8]

Hogae: I heard that you’re not feeling well, are you all right? I was waiting for you. I was waiting for you all night long because I didn’t know when you were coming back. And I heard that you were brought here due to your bad condition. Are you okay now?

Kiha: I need a favor from you.

Hoage: Tell me. You, the owner of the Joojak, can ask me anything you want. Actually, I thought you might not come back again. I heard that you and Taeja (Damdeok) were friends since you were young. That’s right.

Kiha: He is not my friend. He is a greenae (lover) to me. I’ll miss him even when I die. It has been a while. Please find someone who can agree with Joojak better than me.

Hogae: Does that mean whoever can be the owner who can has this heart?

Kiha: I don’t think it’s me. Joojak or Jyooshin, either one is useless to me. It’s not dear to me. For these reasons, I don’t think the owner would be me.

Hogae: Then, Were you just saying words without any true meaning when you called me a King?

Kiha: Because I want to save him. I’ll do anything to save him. Please be a King, a King of Kokuryo, and a King of Jyooshin. Please send me to him. I’ll let him not meet you even though he is alive and hear about him.

Kiha: Sharyang, I need a favor from you.

Mandeuk: Ah, It hurts me.

Bason: Is this your bedroom? Do you want to destroy everything? Out!! Go out!

Soldier: Oh my god.

Bason: Hit me. Hit me. I’ll peel your back and crimp on it. Hit me. Hit me. Hit me.

* Saryang came to the blacksmith shop and wanted to hire the people. Joomoochi didn’t like to do it, but he changed his mind after Saryang said that the job is saving the innocent people who supposed to be killed at noon. Bason asked him whether the jail was in the Yeon’s.

Saryang: I asked them to destroy the jail within one hour and took Taeja (Damdeok) to a refugee camp to the Jeolroboo.

Kiha: Thanks. I won’t forget what you did for me today.

* Mandeuk looked around and reported the situation to Joomoochi. Joomoochi talked to him and said not to kill anyone, just to make them unconscious.

Hyeongo: Where is everyone?

Bason: Who is this man? You’re the master, who actually doesn’t do anything.

Hyeongo: Where is everyone? The mercenaries were crowded here.

Bason: Why do you, the useless master look for them?

Hyeongo: I need them. I brought money to hire them.

Candy salesman: Leader, I’ll do such thing from now on.

Hyeongo: Ah.

Candy Salesman: The highest person in this country will be in danger soon. That’s why a master.

Heongo: Where are you?

Bason: I did it. Because the master doesn’t do anything.

Hyeong: What were you saying?

Bason: They’re somewhere near your disciple. We’re going to meet Suzinee soon somewhere?

Hyeongo: You didn’t have money.

Bason: I was going to do that.

Byeongo: Did you pay it?

Bason: Jeolroboo sent someone with money. A bag of money.

Candy Salesman: Jeolroboo?

Bason: I wasn’t supposed to tell anyone.

Hyeongo: It’s a trap.

Candy salesman: Leader.

Bason: A trap?

Hwacheon Leader: Did you do it because it’s for Joojak?

* Saryang came to the jail and killed jalors before Joomoochi arrived.

Joomoochi: Hurry, get out.

Saryang: They’re escaping. Jeolrooboo is here.

Joomoochi: Let’s go. What am I doing this work for, so little money? I’m not gaining in this life.

Soldiers: You, Jeolroboo people, how dare you cross the wall!

Joomoochi: Would you have opened the wall if I had told you to do? Anyhow, I don’t want to kill you, move! Didn’t I say to you not to kill them?

Mandeuk: Yes?

Joomoochi: That order has withdrawn.

Suzinee: You, jerk caused a fire in front of me?

Joomoochi: Run! Mandeuk, I’ll see you outside.

Bason: Oh! Suzinee

Joomoochi: What are you doing? Get on! We don’t have time. Let’s go, Mandeuk.

* Hwacheon Leader found out that Kiha asked Saryang for help Taeja (Damdeok),
    scolded her for that, and told her that Damdeok wouldn’t see the rising sun tomorrow.

Candy Salesman: The security is tight. East, West, South gates have been closed due to three tribes. Gaema armies are crowded in the alleys.

Hyeongo: What about North gate?

Candy Salesman: The guards of North gate were doubled, and Gaema Army will join them soon.
    Joomoochi: Sis Bason is passing the Gate now.

Shoedooroo: Is he in the refugee camp in the west-north?

Joomoochi: It’s over the Daetimaroo, it takes less than one hour. You take Taeja (Damdeok) to Jeolroboo. That’s the end of my work. Are you ready? Let’s go.

Shoedooroo: Take a nap. Don’t talk while you sleep.

Candy Salesman: It’s strange. I think someone organized well to spread the rumor. Master! Speaking of escape, there are strange rumors that Heukgae brought the solders to destroy the jail. Such rumor is spreading in Kuknaesung.

Hyeongo: Is that right?

Candy Salesman: What do you think? Who is spreading such rumor?

Hyeongo: I have no idea. You should have told me about that before, why are you telling me now? Suzinee! Can you guess who did it? Where did she go?

Joomoochi: Where are you going?

Suzinee: None of your business.

Joomoochi: Becaue I and my followers would be in trouble if you get caught.

Suzinee: There is no one to catch me in this earth unless I get caught by the Gaema Armies.

Joomoochi: Are you on your way to meet Taeja?

Suzinee: I thought that you used the black thingyee (head) to eat, but you use it to think too.

Joomoochi: Anyhow, It might be dangerous if you go there alone. Stop over there!

Suzinee: I really don’t know what to do with him…

*The leaders of Soonro and Soroo tribes were talking about the kidnapping of their sons, and have gotten angry, they wanted to go the King to save them.

* Yeongareo has talked to them and said the King has done it, and can’t consider such person the King any more.

* General Ko said to the King that the gates of East, West, and South were opened, and several hundreds of soldiers were wounded. He urged the King to order the Gaema Army into battle. The King said that he doesn’t want the son of Kokuryo to get hurt.

Yeongaryo: Was it the outside of the West of Kuknaeseong? I stopped by there about 10 years ago. I remembered that the flowers of peach tree blossomed fully.
    I’ll give you the a hundred lee (* lee is the measurement of the distance) of the field and mountains. Also I’ll give you enough servants as well. If you promise me, you will only stay there with Damdeok, you can spend a long time with him.

Can’t you do it? The soldiers of three tribes are surrounding the kingdom. I can’t control them once they get into the kingdom.

King Kokukyang: Minister Yeon! Do you know why I have stayed as King? I just want make Damdeok the King.

Yeongaryo: That’s why you used Cheonjishindang, to lie? You lied that Damdeok was born when the star of Jyooshin was shining.

King Kokukyang: Why do you think it’s a lie?

Yeongryo: I humbly can say to you this. I can understand since you are a father like me. But King Choomoseong has built this country and sixteen kings took care of Kokuryo. The people of Kokuryo have been waiting for the King of Jyooshin. Don’t be against the intention of Heaven (God). Don’t be greedy. I’m afraid that they might hurt you.

King Kokukyang: I’m not afraid of going to heaven. I’m afraid that my mission might not be accomplished. I’ll make Damdeok a King. That’s my role.

General Ko: Did you summon me?

King Kokuryang: You better leave the kingdom.

General Ko: Pardon me?

King Kokuyang: Please go with the security and look for Taeja (Damdeok).

General Ko: I already hired hounds to look for him.

King Kokukyang: Please go now. Take as many Guard Armies as you can. Just leave some here, so not to raise suspicion.

General Ko: I don’t understand, Imperial Majesty. May I ask for the reason?

King Kokukyang: You are the general of the army that guards and protects the King of Kokuryo, not me.

General Ko: Yes, Imperial Majesty.

King Kokukyang: It has been two thousand years since Jyooshin has been built and destroyed. Still, I don’t know whether Damdeok is the King or not, please protect Damdeok, if he is the King. Kill my son if he isn’t the King.

General Ko: Imperial Majesty.

King Kokukyang: The people will be miserable when there are two kings in this country.
    Direct the soldiers as well as you can and protect your kingdom.

General Ko: I am at your command.

SangdangJoo! Armies 2 and 3 protect the King.

Kakdak: Yes.

General Ko: Did you understand what I said? You have armies 2 and 3.

* Bason passed the gate after she paid money to the guard. She remembered the guys wearing red clothes when her father had died and she talked to Joomoochi about them.

* The soldiers from Hwacheon were looking for Taeja and asked the woman who was holding her baby whether she saw him.

Jeokhwan: Are you the owner of Joojak? I heard that the owner of Joojak worships Hogae.

Hogae: Go to Taeja and tell him, “leave and don’t come back, because I can’t save him twice.”

Kiha: You have to be angry with me. I lied to you.

Damdeok: Kiha, don’t suffer because of me.

* Shoedooroo and his younger brother saw Taeja waiting with someone and was concerned that they had to move before the sun rises. They heard the horses’ steps.

Shoedooroo: It’s the horses’ steps.
    In this secluded area.. They looked like tracers.

Dalgoo: Let’s fight with them. I’ll torture them.

Shoedooroo: There are a lot of them, at least 50.

Damdeok: There is only one way out. If we move together, we will be surrounded right away. Do you know the Horimolgi plan in Kyukkoo?

Jakeundol: One runs to the side with the ball, and the other waits at the net of the opponent.

Damdeok: I’ll catch the ball.

Shoedooroo: It’s too dangerous. How about the Hutggwi plan? We have a better chance with this plan.

Jakeundol: By running in different directions we could fake out the opponents by making it look like all of us have the ball..

Dalgoo: He knows that at least.

Shoedooroo: If you go to Jeolroboo, you will arrive tomorrow night.

Damdeok: I’m not going to go Jeokroboo.

Shoedooroo: Taeja!

Damdeok: I will go to Kuknaeseong.

Shoedooroo: Are you saying you are willing to die?

Damdeok: I have something to do. Go to Jeolroboo before you get in danger.

Shoedooroo: Taeja!

Dalgoo: Bro, let’s go to Jeolroboo. Actually, we have been in danger because of him.

Jakeundol: That’s right, so let’s go!

Dalgoo: It was our Kyukku game. Why was he involved? Why did he care whether we won or lost the game? Now we don’t have to see him again. When I think about the jail because of him, ahhhh

Suzinee: You’re such a loser. You, Jeolroboo don’t have any faith. Do you remember the incident you were attacked at Gaekjan? Yeonhegae did. Taeja played for you because you were bleeding after you were hit by the knife. What did you just say? You don’t need to see him any more? If I meet you again, I’m not a human being anymore.

* The follower of Yeongaryo talked to the leader of the Gwanro tribe about his sons’ whereabouts and lied by saying he was kidnapped by the King as he was in the small house of the kingdom. He got angry and summoned his soldiers to go to rescue his son.

Shoedooroo: It’s a trap, Taeja. Let’s leave.

The leader of Gwanro tribe: Oh, God.

Dalgoo: You misunderstood. We didn’t do this. We just got here.

The leader of the Gwanro tribe demanded silence. I’ll kill you, Taeja for revenge for killing my son. Attack him!

Shoedooroo: Taeja, please.

Candy Salesman: Suzinee, it’s me.

Shoedooroo: If they go to Kuknadseong, then they might cause the big problem. Even the King will get in danger.

Damdeok: Can you come back to Kuknaeseong with the soldiers of Jeolroboo tonight?

Shoedooroo: I need at least two days.

Damdeok: I’ll go to Kuknaeseong. An elite unit, prepared to conquer the North, is there.

Shoedooroo: I got it. Let’s go.

Damdeok: Suzinee.

Suzinee: Yes.

Damdeok: Can you go to Kuknaeseong? Let me know the news of Kuknaeseong, please.

Candy Salesman: They were rescued, but where are they going now? Where are you going?

Suzinee: I have important things to do, so I have to go to Kuknaeseong. Please let my master know. I’ll leave first.

* Leader of Hwacheon talked to Hogae that Damdeok was lucky enough to escape twice and he would create the chance for Hogae to kill Damdeok. He said that he would make Hogae the king of Kokuryo. He also said that it had been seventeen years since he had lost the chance to get all four symbols. He is wondering of Yeongaryo’s whereabout.

Kakdan: The leaders of the three tribes put the corpse of their son in front of Kuknaeseong and confronted the security.

* Kakdan and the other soldiers talked about the shortage of soldiers to protect the King.

* The leaders of the tribes demanded to see Damdeok for the sake of their sons.

* Damdeok is heading to the Daejaseong, but the soldiers of Daejaseong closed the gate.

Jakeundol: What’s going on here?
    image image
    :: BYJ :: SJS :: SS501 :: MyBlogspot ::
  • __Risqué__Risqué Posts: 1,071Member

ROOKIE

its so sad when they were children, kiha told dd that she wished he would learn to protect himself because in the end, they would become enemies. to me, it feels more right that kiha and damdeok are together although its supposed to be sujini and damdeok.
    blueagave
  • jinkzzmecjinkzzmec Ji Hwan & Yoo SoCalPosts: 7,520Member

IDOL

Oh goodie...translation is out

thanks to Suehan for the translation and Liezle for posting.

looks like we are going to get good episodes again next week

Episode 10 preview

Do not hotlink

image image
    "The trials in life are intended to make us better, not bitter"
  • spinincubespinincube Posts: 1Member
    QUOTE(cococrust @ Oct 11 2007, 06:47 PM) »

i just downloaded this files but i can't watch it.. what am i doing wrong??
  • Jesw_21Jesw_21 Posts: 390Member
    edited October 2007
    Credits: Liezle Onni & mind / http://cafe.daum.net/byjgallery

Epi 9 Screencaps enlarged by me

PLS do not hotlink!

• gemsgems New York, NYPosts: 971Member

IDOL

QUOTE(spinincube @ Oct 11 2007, 10:47 PM) »
    i just downloaded this files but i can't watch it.. what am i doing wrong??

Make sure their names are the same and end with .001, .002, .003 and then use hjsplit to convert them into a single file.
  • hyperanimehyperanime 드림하이♥ Posts: 1,016Friend of Soompi

IDOL

I have to say that this is the only drama I'm watching right now.
    And it is soooooooooooo good!! ^^

I have yet to watch episode 8 and 9 though... b/c I'm waiting for the MickyBaby version to come out >_<;;;
    (The things I do for high quality..... :X)

And of course, thanks to everyone for sharing screencaps and information! ^__________^
  • PyoungsangPyoungsang Posts: 515Member
    edited October 2007
    I finished EP 9 and that was a very very fine episode. It was drenched with thick emotions and had a magical feel to it. Really wonderful ... now liezle I am ready to answer questions that you may have so post them! I hate it when the show ended ... even the long EP 10 previews were really just a tease for me. When is next Wednesday going to come? Even then I will not be satisfied. This show is really getting its hooves into the story and developing into a real masterpiece. The only thing somewhat negative for me to say is that Yoon Tae Young is not as strong as the others but when the others are just kicking into such high gear, it can't be easy to keep up. Lee Ji Ah is starting to strut her stuff now. I feel sad for many of the deceased characters because I will dearly miss them. This is now developing into the best show I've seen this year so far. Of course there are shows that I missed but among the ones I've seen this might become the best this year for me. Hope they keep it up. Then with such talents they have assembled for this show, I don't think we're going to be dissapointed.

Edit: In case someone wanted to know what this says:

"These devoted loyal subjects of Ju Shin died to save their king's life."
  • annchongannchong Posts: 660Friend of Soompi
    TWSS HQ EP 9 Ental (thanks to ftth3.tistory.com):-

HW TWSS Ep 9 Ental Part 1/4
    http://www.Richard Simmons/?d=CKIC0T4X or
    http://www.Richard Simmons/?d=VBEKQNAO

HW TWSS Ep 9 Ental Part 2/4
    http://www.Richard Simmons/?d=XFDUWX40

HW TWSS Ep 9 Ental Part 3/4
    http://www.Richard Simmons/?d=SKR6E5S8 or
    http://www.Richard Simmons/?d=RRVAMZ0L

HW TWSS Ep 9 Ental Part 4/4
    http://www.Richard Simmons/?d=1RI2H9IM

annchong puela poptartsgurl
    AJA-AJA has Direct Downloads via our own Servers
    Membership has its benefits.

IDOL

edited October 2007
    hi Pyoungsang! I agree with you and Prisci, last night episode was awesome. While watching the scenesof Kiha with the King, the duel between Damdeok and Hogae, when the 'force field' covered Damdeok and the others, my eyes were fixed on the tube and there was this kind of emotion that i can't describe. It's simply awesome despite seeing these scenes from the preview before. I hope the they will continue to give us wonderful episodes and that we won't be disappointed.

anyway, now that you mentioned it again image let me throw these questions image

1. Why did the King took his own life?
    2. Why is it that Kiha was with the King? Was she summoned? [sorry i missed about 10 mins of the beggiing of the drama]
    3. Was it the intention of the King to kill himself in front of Kiha?
    4. Did the King knows that Kiha is the 'owner' of the Jujak necklace?
    5. Why did Daejangro suddenly appeared? Is he following Kiha?
    6. After the 'force field' covered Damdeok and the rest of the guys, did Hogea and his ninjas thought the everyone was dead?

quiet a handful of questions image anyway, thanks in advance image

btw, was about to add the the question what was written on the ground. that's so sad image

hi smse89, the rating should be ~

Nationwide 28.2%
    Seoul 29.3%

it's just probably a typo error on the part of kdramafanusa. i think she's retyping the data and might have gotten the Seoul rating of 'I Hate you...'

p.s. ann, thanks for the links again image will update page 1 later image
    image image
    edited October 2007
    QUOTE(liezle @ Oct 11 2007, 11:34 PM) »
    hi Pyoungsang! I agree with you and Prisci, last night episode was awesome. While watching the scenesof Kiha with the King, the duel between Damdeok and Hogae, when the 'force field' covered Damdeok and the others, my eyes were fixed on the tube and there was this kind of emotion that i can't describe. It's simply awesome despite seeing these scenes from the preview before. I hope the they will continue to give us wonderful episodes and that we won't be disappointed.

anyway, now that you mentioned it again image let me throw these questions image

1. Why did the King took his own life?
    2. Why is it that Kiha was with the King? Was she summoned? [sorry i missed about 10 mins of the beggiing of the drama]
    3. Was it the intention of the King to kill himself in front of Kiha?
    4. Did the King knows that Kiha is the 'owner' of the Jujak necklace?
    5. Why did Daejangro suddenly appeared? Is he following Kiha?
    6. After the 'force field' covered Damdeok and the rest of the guys, did Hogea and his ninjas thought the everyone was dead?

quiet a handful of questions image anyway, thanks in advance image

btw, was about to add the the question what was written on the ground. that's so sad image

hi smse89, the rating should be ~

Nationwide 28.2%
    Seoul 29.3%

it's just probably a typo error on the part of kdramafanusa. i think she's retyping the data and might have gotten the Seoul rating of 'I Hate you...'

p.s. ann, thanks for the links again image will update page 1 later image

Answers (some are really just opinions):

1. The king kills himself so Dahm Deok will not come to Guk Ne castle to rescue him (opinion). He was also in a very difficult situation and if he were to be captured alive, he could have become bait for Dahm Deok.
    2. Kiha was not summoned. She used Ju Jak power to break out of the Hwa Cheon house and saves the king at the palace when he is attacked by Hwa Cheon warriors. Then she accompanies the king into crown prince's room. Gakdan announces before the two go into the room that only those with king's blood or the those who speak for the heavens may enter the room. She went into the room to protect the king.
    3. I don't think it was ... she just happened to be there in the room with the king at the time.
    4. Yes, because Kiha used her Ju Jak powers to stop the Hwa Cheon warriors. Gakdan verifies this before Kiha and the King enters the crown prince chambers.
    5. He probably was near the castle anyway leading the Hwa Cheon warriors. If he had still been back at Hwa Cheon house, Kiha would have never escaped. He was probably told of Kiha presence by the half face mask guy. He probably felt her presence anyway.
    6. No. What happened was that Hyeon Mu's Divine Symbol awoke. The narration at that point explains that Hyeon Mu's Divine Symbol will awake when Ju Shin's King is in mortal danger and stop times. Amongst the dead and those protecting him, only one will be still be awake and mobile and that person would be Ju Shin's king. Hyeon Go and Dahm Deok leaves while everyone else is frozen in time. They probably dragged Su Ji Ni with them. It was upsetting for me that the Gyuk Gu players and the women warriors of the king died there ... especially Gakdan ... I was really starting to like her character. So when everyone came out of the time freeze, including Ho Gae, Dahm Deok was long gone.
  • smse89smse89 Singapore..my homeland...:)Posts: 236Member

IDOL

Hi Liezle!!

thanks for the reply. Really appreciate it... image

I really like historical dramas and i feel that this is one of the best historical dramas i've watched sofar, apart from Jumong. Maybe its becos of the excellent and unique plot. Just hope that the ratings will go as high as 40-50 percent image
  • PachPach Posts: 1,133Member
    Hi Liezle,

Last night was great no wonder rating has gone up 29.3% will reach 30% or more next week I am sure...

Up till now I understand why PD. Kim choose MSR and YJ to lead TWSSG...I have seen their great chemistry, acting skill which I think they really work well together.

LJA, KMS, YTY are acting so well and The Blue Dragon...I love his eyes soooooooo nice.

Pat
    It seems I am not the only one upset about Gakdan's demise. The message board on MBC's TWSSG site is filled with people asking the writers to bring back Gakdan. Someone even threaten to go watch Lobbyist instead if she is not brought back!! It really is a shame. image

IDOL

edited October 2007
    QUOTE(Pyoungsang @ Oct 12 2007, 12:47 PM) »
    It seems I am not the only one upset about Gakdan's demise. The message board on MBC's TWSSG site is filled with people asking the writers to bring back Gakdan. Someone even threaten to go watch Lobbyist instead if she is not brought back!! It really is a shame. image

i don't think that Kim PD nor the drama team will heed to this call. image hee, i somehow read a news about netizens something...anyway hope it's not true... image

thanks again Pyoungsang! your answers will surely make me understand ep 9 even without subs yet. image

Poor King, he's such a weakling for taking his life. Which reminded of what Prisci wrote in her earlier post that the King is doubting Damdeok whether he's the true Jyoshin King.

Poor Kiha too. She's blamed for the death of the King which makes Damdeok more angrier. Damdeok thinks now that she betrayed him twice. But in the next episode I don't think that the others know [except for Damdeok, Sujini, Hogae and his ninjas] that Kiha 'killed' the king since she's still inside the palace. And Damdeok is giving her a cold shoulder.

Btw, i was reading the translation by suehan above and Kiha said that she's the lover of Damdeok. After reading this, i then concluded that something happened on the night they were together. True?

Kakdan supposedly has a longer role in this drama, but as the story progresses her role was cut short. I read that she was somehow disappointed about this after rigorous training on horse riding and sword.

The side character players are really awesome. Their role, even though short, leaves good mark on the viewers. Kim PD i think made sure that they'll be noticed and talked about too despite their short appearance.

smse89, you're welcome!
    image image
  • PriscillaPriscilla Posts: 417Member

ROOKIE

edited October 2007
    EPISODE 9: SUMMARY & HIGHLIGHTS
    By: Priscilla

*I did mostly by memory and from a few scratches... Seeing that others do such thorough jobs at translating, I don't think I'll continue doing this. Only this ones...

Kiha eavesdrop a conversation between Yun Garyo and Daejangro, about DD.

Daejangro: He must be planning on coming back with reinforcement in order to save his father.

Lord Yun deceives the people, telling them that the King is murderous… The King’s Palace is attacked. Only Kakdan and a few others are by the king’s side, trying to protect him.

Going against her master’s plans, Kiha uses her supernatural powers to go inside the Palace to protect DD’s father.
    Since the king is tarrying from escaping, Kakdan takes him inside the King’s Sacred Sepulcher, a place where only royalty or priesthood can enter. She asks Kiha to protect him.

<Inside the King’s Sepulcher>

King: (to Kiha) I know who you are, my son’s childhood friend. You were the one who cured me from my poison also, didn’t you? And now, you came to save me?

Kiha tells him that she will take him and his son away into safety, and that they will live happily and in peace, far away from everything. The king shows her King Jumong’s shining sword, and then, he asks her to bring him a Vase brought in by King Yuri, which was standing near. Suddenly, the king pierces his heart with Jumong’s sword… King Yuri’s Vase falls down as Kiha runs towards the wounded king.

King: (losing his breath) My son Damduk… he cannot escape. He mustn’t escape his destiny. Daughter, he should stay away from you…I’m sorry…(Kiha grabs the pierced sword and takes it out of the king’s body, shaking & sobbing. Kakdan enters the sepulcher right then…)

King: (To Kakdan) Take King Jumong’s sword to the prince…. And tell him… that if he wants to redeem my blood, he must become this nation’s Jooshin King. You must tell him this… (He dies.)

Shocked and angry, Kakdan attacks Kiha, asking her who sent her.... Kiha is too stunned to talk. Kakdan tries to kill Kiha but supernatural powers are against her, throwing her against the wall. Dejangro enters in, congratulating Kiha for finishing her mission so well…

Kiha: (Crying uncontrollably) I didn’t do this! I didn’t! I didn’t do this!!! (She faints)

<Next>

Sujin finds some wounded guards inside the Palace, and a badly hurt Kakdan, who tells her she needs to go to Prince Damduk. Sujin helps her, in spite of her master’s protest.

Lord Hyungo reluctantly decides to go with Sujin also, lest she hurts herself. He decides to go there as a bystander only, not knowing whom he’s rooting for…

(Actually, as the owner of the Magic Crutch, he should be fighting for Lord Hogae, whom he believed for 17 years to be the Chosen King of Jooshin… but he wasn’t happy to see how this Lord was backstabbing others in order to become the king…)

<LATER>

Prince Damduk orders the officer at the King’s Fortress to open the gates since he’s being followed by bandits. Yun Garyo’s main man is inside, whispering to the officer that this is a trap and that the prince is planning to overtake the TOWER by force after the assassination of the 3 Lord’s sons. The officer hesitates, in fear.

DAMDUK: The king gave me this arrow when I was thirteen. (He shots the arrow towards the TOWER guards. Yun Garyo’s man & the main officer hide away, trembling. DD then grabs his sword and throws it towards them.)

Damduk: Are you still afraid of me? Open the gates officer! I am the Prince of Gokyryo!

Soldiers guarding the fortress shot fire-arrows towards the far away forest, revealing mask men in hiding. Yun’s right man tells the officer that this is proof that the prince is plotting something bad. The officer continues disobeying the prince’s command to open the gates.

<Far away from the gate, inside the forest.>

Yun Hogae: My father, the most powerful Lord in Goguryo, already took care of the King’s Fortress. This shows that it’s more important to plan well than to just be born under the stars to be a king.

Hwachung’s man: The fortress is impenetrable as it is. Should we wait for them to come out?

Hogae: I started all these because I couldn’t wait (he starts shooting, followed by his men).

The prince and his men try to cover themselves with the shields but a few are hurt. Upon seeing his men in danger, DD stands up by himself without cover, walking towards his enemies. His men call him “Sir!” “My Lord!” but to no avail. The prince is hit by an arrow…

DD: (to Hogae) Just kill me and let the rest go.

Hogae: I think it’s too late. They saw my face, so I must kill them to shut their mouth.

<NEXT>

DD: Hogae from Yun’s Family!

HG: Tell me!!!!! I’m listening! You, my mother’s murderer, Damduk.

DD: Take revenge for your mother now. If you are a Koguryo’s soldier, you should do this on your own. Or don’t you know how to fight by yourself?

DD’s men: My Lord, no…

DD: Stay away. Don’t forget your lives belong to me.

DD & HG are facing each other in deathly combat, the prince still wounded by the pierced arrow. Suddenlty... a far cry is heard from behind. A cart appoaches, and Sujin jumps towards them, pointing a poisoned spear towards HG, threatening to kill him if his men move. Kakdan joins them, carrying the news of the king’s death and of his last wishes. But as soon as DD hears that Kiha was the one who murdered the king, the prince pushes Kakdan away, calling her a liar. Down on the floor, Kakdan dies, since she’s been badly wounded before, telling the prince that her mission’s been accomplished.

Everyone who hears the news of the king’s death is stunned. Right then, Hogae’s men starts shooting. Sujin throws herself in front to the prince to save him, followed by all his other men. Everyone falls down, dead or wounded by the shower of arrows. The enemy is closing down on them…

From a close distance, Lord Hyungo was witnessing everything, sad and worried. As the leader of the Gomulchon Clan, and the possessor of the Magic Crutch, his allegiance belonged only to the Promised King of Jooshin, and to no one else. Thus, he could not use his power to interfere with the course of history, nor stand on anyone’s side… except the true king's... Like he said before, he came to the battle-front only to protect his protégé and disciple Sujin…

Suddenly, his Crutch starts shaking, and lighting goes off, striking the prince and his fallen soldiers, covering them with a shield of thundering light. Lord Hyungo is surprised, remembering...

Old Master’s voice: When the Promised King’s heart is filled with burning rage, the Magic Crutch will wake up. Time will stand by, but there will be someone inside who will be awake. He will be … the King of Jooshin.
    QUOTE(liezle @ Oct 12 2007, 01:04 AM) »
    i don't think that Kim PD nor the drama team will heed to this call. image hee, i somehow read a news about netizens something...anyway hope it's not true... image

thanks again Pyoungsang! your answers will surely make me understand ep 9 even without subs yet. image

Poor King, he's such a weakling for taking his life. Which reminded of what Prisci wrote in her earlier post that the King is doubting Damdeok whether he's the true Jyoshin King.

Poor Kiha too. She's blamed for the death of the King which makes Damdeok more angrier. Damdeok thinks now that she betrayed him twice. But in the next episode I don't think that the others know [except for Damdeok, Sujini, Hogae and his ninjas] that Kiha 'killed' the king since she's still inside the palace. And Damdeok is giving her a cold shoulder.

Btw, i was reading the translation by suehan above and Kiha said that she's the lover of Damdeok. After reading this, i then concluded that something happened on the night they were together. True?

Kakdan supposedly has a longer role in this drama, but as the story progresses her role was cut short. I read that she was somehow disappointed about this after rigorous training on horse riding and sword.

The side character players are really awesome. Their role, even though short, leaves good mark on the viewers. Kim PD i think made sure that they'll be noticed and talked about too despite their short appearance.

smse89, you're welcome!

Actually, Dahm Deok doesn't believe that Kiha killed the king, yet. About the night together ... well why was Dahm Deok's shirt wide open when she left him?? You should be able to fill in the blank there.

Well, I guess there's no bringing back Gakdan ... ㅠㅠㅠ. (that's using Korean character to show tears!) Too bad. Guess those people who said their family and coworkers will stop watching the show will have to go through with their threats. Hope they'll like Sayukshin (1.9 % rating.) image
  • beauwhalebeauwhale Posts: 272Member
    this is another drama that i am hooked after Goong. I have to check it every wed and thurs as i used to be do with Goong. So interesting drama.....
    love or in love??
  • ay_linkay_link WITHS2aholic &#51060;&#51221;&#51116; &#50672;&#51064;Posts: 4,106Friend of Soompi

IDOL

edited October 2007

The Four Gods (Tae Wang Sa Shin Gi) Special *Ental* ENGLISH SUBS

CREDITS:

Main Translator: Pyoungsang
    Timers: Pyoungsang, victory
    Editor/QC: thunderbolt
    Coordinators: mily2, ay_link

FRIENDLY REMINDER:

Please help keep fansubbing alive by NOT hardsubbing and distributing
    any video file using WITH S2 softsubs
    on ANY STREAMING sites/websites/forums/newsgroups and online hosting services
    (such as clubbox, megaupload, sendspace, yousendit, mediafire, etc.),
    as that would put our team in greater risks.
    Thank you.