Guys: How often do you hang out with girls one on one?

Guest aeviation.*

Guest aeviation.*

Not necessarily dating
Hello boys, just wondering how often you guys hang out with girls alone. I was always under the impression that guys generally don't spend time with a girl unless they are interested, but nowadays I hear that even guys with girlfriends would hang out with a girl alone often or whenever they want. I'm just wondering what you soompiers are like. :)

Thanks!

Guest dalgi_strawberries

um if it were to be my boyfriend, i would feel a bit uncomfortable... but because i trust him i would let him hangout with other girl friends one-on-one 

Guest sc0604

i hang out with my female friends one on one a lot. most of my closest friends are girls and no i have no interest in them beyond a sisterly love. i think it all depends on how you become friends, my close female friends have been with me thru my roughest times.

Guest Gofishus

Alot, but that's because I'm single, most of my friends are girls, and I like going shopping with them and stuff

Guest aeviation.*

Alot, but that's because I'm single, most of my friends are girls, and I like going shopping with them and stuff

Just curious, would you have dinner and watch movies with them too? Or would those be considered things you'd only do with someone you're interested in?

Guest Gofishus

Just curious, would you have dinner and watch movies with them too? Or would those be considered things you'd only do with someone you're interested in?

Yes. I have lots of times, and it never bothered either of us. I mean, other people's mileage may vary but for me, it just so happens that I never developed romantic feelings for them and vice versa. 

I do so a couple times a week, but it's only with a few girls I've known for at least 2 years+.

I don't see why not. I remember asking one to watch Tangled with me just because it would've been a bit embarrassing to go alone lol it doesn't necessarily have to be romantic unless you want it to be. If it was a date, I'd make sure to verbally confirm it beforehand.

How awkward would it be if someone invited you to hang out, then ended the night with:

"So I really enjoyed our DATE together..."

"Yea me...wait what?"

aha

Guest Syncourt

Yeah its pretty normal to hang out with your female friends alone. I can't see anything wrong with it unless you know she likes you and you're just leading her on.

Guest aeviation.*

Yes. I have lots of times, and it never bothered either of us. I mean, other people's mileage may vary but for me, it just so happens that I never developed romantic feelings for them and vice versa. 

Hmm, so I'm assuming you wouldn't hang out alone with someone who has made it clear that she liked you in the past? Assuming that you guys are friends now and on good terms.

I do so a couple times a week, but it's only with a few girls I've known for at least 2 years+.

I don't see why not. I remember asking one to watch Tangled with me just because it would've been a bit embarrassing to go alone lol it doesn't necessarily have to be romantic unless you want it to be. If it was a date, I'd make sure to verbally confirm it beforehand.

How awkward would it be if someone invited you to hang out, then ended the night with:

"So I really enjoyed our DATE together..."

"Yea me...wait what?"

aha

Hahaha! That would be pretty awkward. So then would you usually state that its a date if it was instead a girl that you like who you were bringing to the movies? Or would you simply just "hang out"? :)

Hahaha! That would be pretty awkward. So then would you usually state that its a date if it was instead a girl that you like who you were bringing to the movies? Or would you simply just "hang out"? :)

Of course, asking them to "hang out" when you really want to date them is incredibly deceptive and a horrible start. I'm seriously tired of being subtle and playing around these wording games. For me, it's just

Do you want to go on a date?

Do you want to hang out?

If the girl doesn't understand the difference between the two, then that just means I need to thread lightly or ditch her altogether.

Guest charat

maybe its just me, but i have a ton of female friends. i'm also pretty close with a lot of them. so i guess its natural to hang out with them a lot...

Guest aeviation.*

maybe its just me, but i have a ton of female friends. i'm also pretty close with a lot of them. so i guess its natural to hang out with them a lot...

It's ok. I know a lot of guys who are like that too. :) It's pretty normal I would say.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xphant0mwing

i hang out with certain people 1 to 1.. theres this one chick that i know isnt interested in me nor am i interested in her, but we hang out just to catch up, and talk about problems and sort. but theres this other girl where i hang out with her 1 to 1.. so far about twice.. simply because she is busy.. and we arent rich she lives 30 minutes away.. soo even if we were to see each other.. id say once a week at most.. sometimes even twice haha

Guest Naked-Fanatic

The other guys who see you with the girls are probably like, "what a player!" :D

Archived