Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[drama 2009] The City Hall 시티홀

Comments

• beamonkrbeamonkr New JerseyPosts: 1,106Friend of Soompi

SUPERSTAR

QUOTE (68dragon @ Aug 20 2009, 06:15 PM) »
    And JG does indeed truly become the "man" society has deemed him to be so worthy of in episode 1, but inside, he only truly wears that mantle deservingly after having met MR and gone on his own transformative journey. While MR's transformation is merely to make her outside physical appearance and social standing on par with her inner strength and determination, JG's transformation is all internation, and Cha Seung Won shows us a Jo Guk at the very end who radiates this passion that he lacks in the beginning. And it's so very irresistable to watch over and over.

So very eloquently put. It reminds me of when he and SMR were in Seoul and she takes him up in the tower and tells him to look out and envision what he can do since he was elected. He told her that he had no idea what to do as an assemblyman, he had no dreams other than getting the position and becoming president. SMR gave him that vision. The vision to protect SMR and the city of Inju that he comes to love. He in turn gives SMR the confidence and outer appearance to be what she already was inside. You're right it's just an irresistable show and quite different than what the title would have suggested.

qwerty_u, I'm glad I gave you a laugh. I hope I don't ever run into him since I work in the Federal Building and City Hall is only a couple of blocks away. I'll probably start laughing like an idiot.
  • kht2015kht2015 Posts: 102Member

ROOKIE

edited August 2009
    I have to say, this drama got me hooked. It has been a while since I got hooked by a drama like this. Thank goodness I waited until B.O.N. S.U.B released all of the episodes. What great chemistry Kim Sun Ah and Cha Seung Won have, oh my God! And the romance, so sweet, so very romantic, passionate, subtle, and sometimes just outrageous. I absolutely love it. I can't imagine City Hall is being played by anybody else. I have never seen any of Cha Seung Won's work but I am an instant fan. The music, the story, the comedy, the romance, everything was just right. What talent. I also love the dialogues between those 2.

I watched all the last 10 episodes all in 1 day. Now I have City Hall withdrawal. LOL. This has to be my top 10 kdramas of all time.

And B.O.N. Sub, thank you very much for subbing this series. And also the OST. This wouldn't have been as enjoyable without your work. No, it would not be enjoyable at all actually. Thank you again for your great work.
  • shin mi raeshin mi rae Posts: 208Member

ROOKIE

congratulations everyone. i've been away for 3 days and you have all filled up 5 pages of soompi. i couldnt keep up with you. so much back reading and i want to respond to everybody's comment. i am so happy because despite our physical distance and different cultures, we share a deep love for this kdrama CITYHALL.

@ alodia, were you able to download CandyCandy anime? can you share the link. i remember it was shown here when i was young. i was so young i couldnt appreciate the love angle yet. i think i want to see it now based on KSA's recommendation.

@ jeatvVoon - try S Diary and She's on Duty. KSA is so sexy in S Diary. She is action hero in She's on Duty - reminds me of her role in WIAN. But dont forget MNIKSS. you can still download at Silent Regrets or you can find a torrent link in My Name Is Kim Sam Soon thread in soompi. after so many media (VCD, 2 DVD, Veoh Download), im still so hooked with the drama that im currently downloading again from the BOX link.

@berrymonster - dont worry about not being a good writer. we all love to read your thoughts. im not a prolific writer but i cant stop myself from sharing my thoughts with the Cityhallers. its so much fun keeping this forum alive.

@ robotmatsure - about JG's comment "Is that Director Lee's house?" - i think he is trying to bait her to say the words. you are so right when you observed that JG indeed reacted to SMR's words when she pointed to the direction of the house of the man she likes. He indeed recognized that she pointed to the direction of his house. it is SMR's way of telling JG "I like you" without actually saying those words. JG on the other hand, wants to, needs to, hear the words from her. remember that JG had already told SMR that he likes her a number of times (after the camping, seaside after the market scene with Rang and JG mom)... so JG is baiting her when he said "Is that Director Lee's house?". he is wants her to say "im not pointing at director lee's house... that is your house!"... but darn, SMR didnt say the words.. poor JG....

darn, i have to go again. i havent finished backreading yet.... hello to all....

Bagopshida Chinngu!!! (Did i say it right Alodia????)

• mzpakipotmzpakipot Obsessed with City Hall and GuMi couple! Posts: 2,736Member
    edited August 2009
    hi kht2015! nice to see your first post.

QUOTE (cassiopeia @ Aug 12 2009, 11:53 PM) *
    Then he said " I have a dream. I would like to be the President one day. When I become President, on the Inauguration Day, just like today, I will dance with my wife. On my inauguration day... Would you dance with me?"

If it was me, I suppose I'm already trembling all over. LoL.

QUOTE (alodia)
    Remember? Suna said all her hair stood up on the proposal scene? That's probably the reason why that scene affects us so much, coz the actors feel the same way.

alodia, literally you can see her hair standing up at the proposal scene. hahaha! i'm such a crazy observant!
    Best Kdrama:City Hall /// Best Couple: GuMi
    UPDATING SIGGY................
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the number of moments that take our breath away."
    Status: CITY HALL DETOX /// Currently Addicted to CITY HALL Recaps by Samsooki & Team @Dramabeans
  • mzpakipotmzpakipot Obsessed with City Hall and GuMi couple! Posts: 2,736Member
    QUOTE (*alodia* @ Aug 20 2009, 01:01 PM) »
    *squeals with delight*
    Seriously!!!!!!!!!!! Been thinking about that over and over and over and over.... (i think i was in that line of thinking when i wondered where could mi rae's mom be that night....
    And i guess this is the first time someone mentioned it.
    Oh come on... i think the other cityhallers think the same, right?

However, simplesim, i don't think it's the second romantic night... maybe 4th or 5th? or 6th depending on how Gukie managed to control himself at night... image

*ouch! slaps self... crazy thoughts alodia! It's 4:00am!
    alodia says, "It's simplesim who started it, not me!"*

alodia should know me by now, on how much I raved about their kissing scenes. count me in for this kind of wild imagination. I never thought of it, but could be? yes? YES PLEASE ! haha image
    Best Kdrama:City Hall /// Best Couple: GuMi
    UPDATING SIGGY................
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the number of moments that take our breath away."
    Status: CITY HALL DETOX /// Currently Addicted to CITY HALL Recaps by Samsooki & Team @Dramabeans
  • simplesimsimplesim Posts: 174Friend of Soompi

IDOL

QUOTE (sueyip @ Aug 20 2009, 12:24 AM) »
    Hi, read that you managed to download from the Bon subs, janegph. I've tried
    millions of times and I just can't do that. I think alodia taught me once but it just
    didn't work. You see my computer skills are real bad. And yes, I've been waiting for
    samsooki's recaps too. But at the meantime, I'm happily watching City Hall from
    this link.

Hi sueyip, sorry and surprised to know that you don't have BON's CityHall. It's so very good that I am scared the Director's cut subs will be no match to it. I always have the upmost regards for WithS2 excellent subs and now I found BON BESTEST SUBS! Its in the same class as WithS2 (hope BON don't mind me saying that).

My computer skills are also very bad, I don't know even how to pre-order, and now am scared I dunno how to go online and pre-pay, but I still manage to download many kdramas.

I dunno what alodia has taught you, as I did not backread that. You are such an avid CityHaller and I really hope you can succeed with this method. Worth to try another million times to have your own copy, the Director's cut is so long time to come. Hope I can help.

Just download uTorrent 1.8.3 and install. Then go to d-addicts.com to look for the torrent on the left where is says Torrents, View English Subs
    Search torrent: the city hall type: kdrama sub: English sub click Go
    Will come out all 20eps torrents from doggieusa (thanks a million)
    Click download and you will have the torrent file.
    Open uTorrent and then drag the file and drop it there. It should start downloading, assa! Good Luck!

Oh btw, funny thing I have not seen doggieusa's post here. Would love to see his views.

• sueyipsueyip Posts: 3,589Member

IDOL

Really appreciate your help, simplesim. Will try that out
    when I'm home in the evening. Thanks again. CityHallers are real
    swell guys

Wow, alodia. Knew that you will have a reply for thundies. Bravo!
  • simplesimsimplesim Posts: 174Friend of Soompi

IDOL

QUOTE (mzpakipot @ Aug 20 2009, 07:42 PM) »
    alodia should know me by now, on how much I raved about their kissing scenes. count me in for this kind of wild imagination. I never thought of it, but could be? yes? YES PLEASE ! haha image

oh alodia, no fair, you started it first but I agree with you. Lol. Come to think of it. its Gukie's fault, at ep17 at the big bone scene he said "Strength for what? It just makes me difficult to control myself at night. Mirea said "Such a low-grade"! Hehe...should it be pervy..sorry BON image
  • jastineljastinel Suna4life/Philippines PhilippinesPosts: 3,554Member
    Hello City Hallers!
    I`m having a great week since my hubby came home, lots of gathering and today were going to the mall to do some shopping. I just can`t start and end my day without CH.
    I can see new names here, welcome....welcome to City Hall world!
    ssssssk.jpg
    Kim Sun Ah..."I need to be touched in order for the viewers to think, “That can really happen” through my acting".
    "I give a lot of effort to nurture my heart. Whether someone calls me crazy or not, I will even go to a corner of a shooting scene to act goofy to pep myself up"

.........Translation by sassychef@dramabeans.com.........
  • ellabelellabel Life is Beautiful w/ Hun-nie =) Coffee Bean with the Kologs Ill MaresPosts: 3,786Friend of Soompi

IDOL

QUOTE (mtoenlob @ Aug 17 2009, 01:10 AM) »
    From the physical attributes - tall, lean and good-looking - as one would imagine how Jo Guk would look; to the character traits - so sure of himself, at times annoying and obnoxious, can even be downright hilarious and witty, yet sensitive and vulnerable, sweet and romantic. CSW breathing life to JG is one of the factors why City Hall is one of the best things if not THE best thing that ever happen in Kdrama as far as I am concerned. CSW's credible portrayal of JG made it hard to separate CSW from JG.

Agree. In City Hall KSA has, once again, proven her artistic versatility. Comedic flair, no question asked. Comedy is her forte. Serious acting? It is in scenes where there are no speaking lines required but only her eyes doing the 'acting' is she at her best. There are a lot of scenes that demonstrated this but I particularly like that scene in her room right after Jo Guk dropped her off to see Go Hae. She stares at JG's jacket that was hanging on the clothes rack, in her eyes you see the longing, the hurt, and eventually the understanding and acceptance that JG is someone else's man. So much emotions in a single scene. Another proof of the maturity in her acting is that break up scene in the restaurant. Her restrained delivery of her lines hit all the proper emotions so much so that the viewers cannot help but emphatize with her. CSW is just as good, if not better. These two can convey a gamut of emotions with just their eyes. CSW, without a doubt, got very expressive eyes which he used to full advantage in this drama. Love that lamp post scene, where they met after SMR was detained for interrogation. For a minute, they stood there, just looking into each other's eyes, no exchange of words, yet their eyes speaking volumes. Subtle acting at its finest. The lead actors' (KSA and CSW) electrifying chemistry is certainly undeniable. They complement each other. Physically, they look good together - both are tall, lean and good-looking. Sparks flew whenever they are together. In fact, the screen lights up every time the two are on the same scene. Their kissing scenes are so convincing they could set the screen on fire. In terms of acting, I dare say that no younger-looking, pretty-face actors/actresses wannabes can hold a candle to them who are both a summation of good looks and talents.

Again, agree with you. The OSTs are breathtaking, heart-tugging and extremely evocative music beautifully interpreted by the various artists/singers tasked to sing – the haunting rendition of Booranhan Sarang (Uncertain Love) by Horan, I Sarang (This Love) by Lim Hae Wook and Loving, Loving You by Park Sang Woo; the lively and bouncy tune of One Dream and Smile by Seo Moon Tak and everyone’s favorite Okay, I Believe in Myself by Bizzy. And of course, who would not remember the melodic Moon River, beautifully interpreted by Emi Fujita, lovingly providing the romantic atmosphere for the proposal scene. These songs completed the ambiance and the mood of each scene.

Couldn't agree with you more. Here is a drama that respects its viewers; not a mere sugar coated, cotton candy type of drama that lately is proliferating the screen - pure eye candy but no substance at all. image

mtoenlob, thanks for agreeing with me on all points i've raised. you even expounded on what i want to say exactly.

Truly, City Hall is a drama worth watching. I hope many will get to watch how Sun ah has evolved into a versatile actress and how wonderful an actor is Cha Seung won.

I love all the different kisses and deep hugz between JG and MR but my faves and those i find the sweetest and giddiest are those done while they were strolling in Seoul after the department store scene and the one on top of the stairs in the last ep. There was something mysterious before and after their kisses. I like how they will sort-of taste each other with a mere quick pecks as a prelude to a more passionate deeper kiss. I always felt that there are silent convo on going between them when they look at each other's eyes before and after the kisses and that curt tiny timid smiles they flash to each other. Awwwww!!! image

The hugz are equally fervent and heart-rending..... no words are necessary to express how they feel. Hehehe.... just a perverted thinking.... when there's full body shot while they are hugging, i always look how their body merge when they are locked in each other's arms and mianneh to say and not to burst anyone's bubble but i still feel that there's a certain distance kept (below) as if telling me that they're not really on in real life.

QUOTE (sueyip @ Aug 17 2009, 08:26 AM) »
    Hi cityhallers. Been reading all the very interesting comments on City Hall
    and realized that praises were nearly all for CSW and am really glad to read
    the postings from ellabel and mtoenlob - with praises for KSA.
    Thanks for remembering her. Love her performance as she is indeed a great
    actress. Did not cringe at her cutsy acts but found her to be so natural, cute
    and adorable. Didn't JoGuk and SooIn repeatedly say that she's "cute"? Saw
    this saved in my "favourites" and was only able to watch that yesterday.
    Loved it as it's all the scenes of the GuMi couple from episode 1 to 20 with
    Chinese subs. Here's the link. Hope that it works. Click on the orange arrow
    and the episodes run continuously. Enjoy.

http://tieba.baidu.com/cityhall/shipin/lis...CA%D6%CF%B7cut/

sueyip dear, i've always been a fan of Sun ah's acting prowess since i first saw her in MNIKSS. Her acting is very natural and effortless. She's one of those actresses who doesnt mind contorting her face and not look pretty and diva-ish as long as she shows the right emotion in a scene. I cant say that KSA is perfect. In fact, you can detect that she has acquired some acting mannerisms that u cant help remember her role in MNIKSS while watching her in CH. However, there's no denying that KSA is one of the more versatile actresses that K entertainment industry has ever produced. She can be dramatic or comedic and i'm sure she has a whole range of emotions that can still be explored in different film genre. I hope KSA will continue to pick the right projects that will help her achieve more success and a prominent position in the industry.
    *thanks to jemnise 4 d Iris siggy & rubie 4 d blinkie*
  • *alodia**alodia* ? Dia ? ??....??....^^ PhilippinesPosts: 4,038Member

IDOL

edited August 2009
    QUOTE (mtoenlob @ Aug 16 2009, 09:16 PM) »
    So true. CSW inherent good looks, height and physique gave Jo Guk the needed physical attributes to set him apart from the sea of characters in the drama. ( I like his look in City Hall better compared to his earlier works. A trimmed eyebrows and change in hairstyle did wonders for him. I think his being a model made him open to the idea of metrosexuality.) CSW background as a model was a big factor in giving Jo Guk the drop dead gorgeous look. Jo Guk in his suits was an epitome of a man in power. Never an outfit looks so sensual the way Jo Guk wears it. Even in casual wears, Jo Guk was oozing with manliness. Jo Guk as personified by Cha Seung Won is sexy and dangerous, a lethal combination I must say. image

stop it... i'm drooling~

QUOTE (shin mi rae @ Aug 16 2009, 10:42 PM) »
    i agree. i think SMR was in denial mode. because of her good nature, i think she tried to convince herself or assumed that JG broke up with GGH when he began being sweet (what an understatement from me!) with SMR. i think she does not want to think herself as having an affair with JG, a man who is promised for marriage to GGH. but deep inside , she knew JG cant let go of his ambitions and hence cant let go of GGH who will deliver his ambitions. in the camping, JG told SMR that he could not be trusted. he is a player with girls for different occasions: girl you marry, you date, you hug, etc. then if SMR is having all these conflicting emotions in her heart then why did she keep seeing JG??? well i also agree that if SMR is JG's typhoon, JG is also SMR's typhoon. she just couldnt resist JG. more so when JG started becoming such a romantic and was doing all these sweet stuff... i so understand SMR... what woman in her right mind and heart can resist Jo Guk once he had his sights on getting you. definitely not me, and not SMR. that is why SMR was so hurt upon the appearance of GGH in inju who started insulting her. its like her worst nightmare is now haunting her.

Kyaaa~ we share the same thoughts...
    like what i said on thundie's blog, I think Mi Rae thinks Jo Guk broke-up / or at least in the process of breaking up with Go Hae.
    Maybe the love-making scene, is the writer's way to show that Mi Rae trusted him that much.

QUOTE (ellabel @ Aug 16 2009, 10:43 PM) »
    ^^ I've not really posted in this thread except for that 1 post on page 1 saying I'm glad that KSA has another drama and that i wish for it to be a romcom and with Rain as partner, since i just watched them dance the Tango with so much oomph then. =).

Omo, mian mian... now i feel bad for taking your 1 post on page 1.
    But nonetheless i'm glad you post once again, and it's always fun reading your thoughts.
    How can't a KSA fan agree more?

@mtoenlob
    i just have to say this... sorry for reading your posts late.. but i love them all... i'm now your fan! image

QUOTE (sirena1712 @ Aug 19 2009, 06:30 PM) »
    For those who couldn't get over CH, just like me. I have watched a good mv done by whykaren at youku with all the bts, I have not seen, here is the link : http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTEzNTMyNzI0.html. All credits goes to whykaren.

oh i love the rare bts pictures here... from cafe? i wonder whose cafe? coz they are not from Suna's (except for 2 or 3 pictures)

QUOTE (Denali @ Aug 20 2009, 02:41 AM) »
    What always surprises me is the number of people and the huge material required around the actors as they are delivering their lines. From the viewer's position, the intimate scenes with GuMi or others look like they are alone "in the world" while it's really far from that.
    Whykaren did a nice work with the photos. And the song too was cute - though I didnot understand a word image (except "Jamaican" ?). Thanks for sharing! B)

Exactly! Just imagine that dancing with the jacket scene, Suna have to act so loving to the jacket while a crew holds the the jacket's seams. Clearly, it's not easy being an actor!

QUOTE (Denali @ Aug 20 2009, 02:41 AM) »
    Oops. I thought that the minimum 15% votes implied the refunding of the registration costs only and not the entire expenses, thus the money lent by JG to SMR as well as GGH's would not be covered. Can somebody shed a light on that?

I don't believe one second that either JG or SMR cared about that money. For JG, he was investing in SMR to pursue his goal and this blackmail might also have been a humorous way for him to apologize for the previous meeting with GGH at the hotel - with the blank check. Remember that he pretended that SMR would have to sell her body for money?
    As for SMR, she trusted him too much to fear his wants - except when he did come close to her, in his car and again at the hotel where he confessed about the typhoon.

You're right the 15% votes will guarantee a refund for the registration cost only (10 million won).
    So Mi Rae is really very naive, when she decided to run to get the money boo mi used to register her. (not that she have other choices left) And it only dawned on her after a while that "because she tried picking up spilled sesame seeds (10 million won) she lost a watermelon (300 million won?)" *was that what she said, check subs, ok.
    Coz even if they get the 10million won back, given she'll get 15% of the votes, they would end up spending a whole lot more. Mi Rae must have thought of simply joining another beauty pageant to get boo mi her 5-10million won back at that time. lol

ayu... mian mian...
    the campaign expenses will also be returned if you get 15%
    And I agree that neither Guk nor Mi Rae cared about the money after the campaign, anyway...
    but still wondering... did mi rae pay him? and did hyun bin really paid guk? lol

QUOTE (JeatvVoon @ Aug 20 2009, 07:47 AM) »
    I've heard sooooo much about MNIKSS, but haven't got a chance to watch it. And I did started to watch WIAN, but just couldn't finish it, definitely gotta catch up with that, too.

You shouldn't miss THE mnikss. The only drama I'm not afraid to recommend to anyone, aside from of course City Hall.
    But I don't know how it will affect you since you've seen City Hall first. image
    But it's been my standard for dramas for the past 4 years. And sadly, I never enjoyed any other dramas as much - until City Hall came.
    WIAN? Hmm.. do you solemnly swear to be a KSA fan? Really really a fan? If you say yes, then go ahead, continue watching WIAN. You'll enjoy it. image (but don't come back to me after ep17... you swore! image)
    If you want to see KSA's acting prowess, take Girlscouts.
    S Diary is a must-see. It was a bit weird for me on my first watch coz I still can't take Samsoon out of my head. But on re-watch I get to appreciate and love S Dairy amongst her movies.
    She's On Duty is definitely enjoyable. Closer to Samsoon. But it confirms, to me at least, that KSA is one great actress.
    Greatest Expectation - enjoyable, and you'll know why KSA was tagged as ComedyQueen.
    Happy Ero Christmas* - this is the movie that... wait wait my mom is calling me? what mom? oh, ok, i will... i just have to finish writing something... yes mom... sorry, where was I again? Oh, Wet Dreams...
    Wet Dreams is a good movie if you'll look at the movie itself and how honest it talks about the youth. KSA is cute too.

*if someone can explain to me what Happy Ero Christmas is all about, aside from seeing KSA amidst the snow, i'll give you a hug.
    001.gif002.gif
    Get I Do I Do English Subtitles from: B.O.N F u n S u b s © ~ Band Of Nuts F u n S u b s (HanRel version)
    We are still recruting Korean-English Translators for I Do I Do.
    If you are interested please send me a message or email me at alodia4448@yahoo.com
    ★ ★ ★ UPDATES AND USEFUL INFORMATION ABOUT I DO I DO ON PAGE 4 ★ ★ ★
  • berrymonsterberrymonster Posts: 984Member

IDOL

Kim Sun Ah and Cha Seung Won have great chemistry. They look real as they are falling in love

I have original candy candy anime disc if anyone can tell me how to rip them and upload to where. I am happy to share.
    차승원씨는 신미래가 사랑하는 조국입니다. 연극 밖에서 그는 아내의 남편이며 두 자녀의 아버지입니다. 그는 정말로 어떤 사람입니까? 차승원씨가 조국이거나 조국이 차승원입니다. 인생은 연극과 같아요. 연극은 인생과 같아요. 미래씨는 조국 가슴에 태풍입니다. 조국 씨도 미래의 가슴에 태풍이지요. 그 <시티홀>은 나의 태풍입니다.
  • ellabelellabel Life is Beautiful w/ Hun-nie =) Coffee Bean with the Kologs Ill MaresPosts: 3,786Friend of Soompi

IDOL

QUOTE (*alodia* @ Aug 21 2009, 03:42 PM) »
    Omo, mian mian... now i feel bad for taking your 1 post on page 1.
    But nonetheless i'm glad you post once again, and it's always fun reading your thoughts.
    How can't a KSA fan agree more?

Hahaha! No prob, alodia. I'm most happy to help for the good of mankind and world peace. image image
    Had I discovered early on how great CH is, i cud have visited this thread more.
    I have more posts in KSA thread than here.

CSW is my new precious find. I only get to watch him for the first time in Bodyguard when it was given an encore by KBSWorld and he quite left a good impression on me. In CH, I was mesmerized by his great acting and equally good looks. He's not really drop-dead gorgeous or the typical handsome guy but he is full of charm and wit. (I'm a sucker for guys with a great sense of humor. image ) He also exudes so much manliness and is very sekshi. image

I hope he does another drama in the near future. Tho I'm sure it wud be hard to find the same team-up that he had with KSA.

I forgot to say "Hi" to jastinel. Annyeong! image

*thanks to jemnise 4 d Iris siggy & rubie 4 d blinkie*
  • robotmatsurirobotmatsuri Posts: 566Member

ROOKIE

So it's about 2:40am where I live and I'm trying to stifle my laughter. This scene never fails to make me laugh out loud. I love Soo-In so much. image

2ciedyb.jpg 23jiwbc.jpg

IDOL

QUOTE (GuMi @ Aug 20 2009, 10:11 PM) »

off topic but I have to ask: We know Mi Rae voted for JH when she ran for city council , Do you think JD did the same??

hmm.. maybe he did... is there a clue somewhere if joo hwa was re-elected? i'm sure JD voted for her on her first run. but if she was re-elected he didn't anymore.
    but wait... JD just became the JD we know when he decided to see if his typhoon can break his own teacup. so probably he voted for Joo Hwa anyway...
    btw, love what you've written about the result and the process.
    QUOTE (skelly @ Aug 21 2009, 05:36 AM) »
    I absolutely agree - I think we were meant to feel that JG had reached rock bottom at this point. He'd gone without food, sleep, been on an emotional roller-coaster, every plan had been thwarted, and he was left with his back against the wall. He's stripped down to the essentials, and what is left is his love for MR and his desire to protect her. When he dropped to his knees, I have to admit my first thought was, 'Holy cow, what a man!' (and I'm happily married with a JG-style guy of my own, image ).

As an aside, I'm another long-time lurker, although I have posted a bit on dramabeans' justly-famous OT. Thanks to everyone for your commentary, subs, MVs, links to other bits of information...it's nice to know I'm not alone in my fandom.

Hi skelly and welcome here...
    (and say what? you are happily married to a JG-style guy? omona! so it's pooossssiiiibbbllllleeeee~ ^___________^)

beamonkr
    i'm sorry, i hope you don't mind.. but i'm still laughing about your mayor-incident...
    (i dont know how to rip a dvd either)

QUOTE (shin mi rae @ Aug 21 2009, 10:41 AM) »
    @ alodia, were you able to download CandyCandy anime? can you share the link. i remember it was shown here when i was young. i was so young i couldnt appreciate the love angle yet. i think i want to see it now based on KSA's recommendation.

From here: http://animesuki.com/series.php/189.html

QUOTE (mzpakipot @ Aug 21 2009, 11:29 AM) »
    alodia, literally you can see her hair standing up at the proposal scene. hahaha! i'm such a crazy observant!

don't tell me you literally saw her bloodflow reversed? image - but i indeed felt it... argh! goosebumps~

QUOTE (simplesim @ Aug 21 2009, 12:33 PM) »
    Oh btw, funny thing I have not seen doggieusa's post here. Would love to see his views.

haha i think he's the silent type. i remember he posted one or 2 messages.
    we have our own city hall thread at BON, main purpose is to discuss the project, but we end up ranting, like what we are doing here in soompi, as we move from one episode to the next. Suffice to say the city hall team is the most talkative team in BON.
    *waves* to the city hall team... miss you guys~

@ellable
    Do you really have to describe the kiss and the hugs... omona! my heart flutters... thanks for the detailed description. love it.
    Thanks for all the good words about KSA.
    idk... i soo love her, i can't find the words to say on how to describe (or defend?) her.

001.gif002.gif
    Get I Do I Do English Subtitles from: B.O.N F u n S u b s © ~ Band Of Nuts F u n S u b s (HanRel version)
    If you are interested please send me a message or email me at alodia4448@yahoo.com

IDOL

edited August 2009
    QUOTE (simplesim @ Aug 21 2009, 12:53 PM) »
    oh alodia, no fair, you started it first but I agree with you. Lol. Come to think of it. its Gukie's fault, at ep17 at the big bone scene he said "Strength for what? It just makes me difficult to control myself at night. Mirea said "Such a low-grade"! Hehe...should it be pervy..sorry BON image

Negayo? Yegayo? image image image

QUOTE (naadianaa @ Aug 19 2009, 12:36 PM) »
    IMO, JG was still unsure of his real feelings and sort of taken a back by MR little open confession. Of coz after he showed a bit of thrilled feeling over MR's confession. We have to remember JG has never been in this kind of situation (in love) so he venturing into uncharted territory so it's kinda normal for JG to sort of shy away in responding to MR's sudden confession.

Interesting though for the later part of the unofficial "date", JG gave MR a back hug. Seems tht JG opened up a bit to what he's feeling at the moment to MR. It's also another way to find more solid respond from MR. JG wasnt disappointed by MR coz MR responded by holding his hand. Lovely scene isnt it?

But something interesting about this scene is the facial expressions tht JG and MR gave. Both seems teary-eyed, MR seems touched but JG seemed rather sad. MR probably felt touched becoz wht's she's feeling inside about JG is no longer one sided. But on the other hand, JG probably feel tht by giving MR a back hug, it's not only his confession of wht's he's feeling right there and then. But also the outcome of it, it might cause MR to get hurt in the future instead. Either by JG himself or MR will get hurt by just being together with JG. Hurt by JG - becoz at this point I believe JG still unsure whether to side with BB or not. Hence whether JG will carry out BB's plan to use MR's position as (puppet) mayor or otherwise. Hurt just by being with JG - JG knew tht the Mayor, MR and congressional candidate (-to be, JG) shouldnt be together as it'll be taken as political suicide. MR will be the one who is going to be hurt the most and JG is not sure if MR can handle another big hit and not have another heart-breaking emotional breakdown. Remember MR's seaside crying scene? Dont think JG can handle seeing MR in tht situation again.

OK, I'm rambling aimlessly here. Hahaha...

Anyway, tht's just IMO. Both main leads are giving so much variation of facial expressions, it's sometimes rather challenging to figure out wht's the real hidden meaning. Or... I might be thinking too much. >_<

Sorry, but I don't think you are rambling aimlessly... In fact, I love how you describe this scene.
    After Mi Rae pointed the house of the person she likes, more than trying to challenge Mi Rae to say it directly, I can see his uneasiness as he (almost) stutter a response to this indirect confession. Shying away... holding back... denial... name it.
    But it was Mi Rae's views... dreams and sincerity that made him surrender finally - "Fine! I can't help falling in love with you."
    Was his admiration to Mi Rae, standing in front of her, oozing with all her dreams for Inju and her citizens, strong enough to give in while minutes ago he even tried wiggling his way out of Mi Rae's confession?
    Well yes, it can be... But it was on Episode 16, when it was Mi Rae's turn to ask him to draw a picture, when it affirms how and why his reaction was that strong on Episode 12.

yikes, ockoala THE ockoala read my ramblings *covers face with hands*
    001.gif002.gif

IDOL

edited August 2009
    FINALLY!!!! Managed to finished reading all 6618 posts.... phew!
    I'm sure there will still be a lot more to read from everyone as day pass by...
    But I swear! I won't let this much back logs again. It was tiring - though I didn't regret any bit of it.

First page looks a bit messy after I stashed everything. Will need some editing in the next few weeks.
    (plus most posts are indexed on my notepads)
    Actually in the mood to do some edits right now, but I need to sleep early (for once), since tomorrow will be MY 1st CITY HALL MARATHON DAY! Yey!

QUOTE (berrymonster @ Aug 19 2009, 04:30 PM) »
    How many times you guys & gals re-watch city hall. 20 times per episode?

1st: live (not all episodes)
    2nd: raws morning after the airing
    then numerous watch (plus endless rewinds and fast forwards) while subbing
    but never was I able to re-watch it in one sitting... so i'm quite excited tomorrow to enjoy City Hall once again.
    And after reading all your posts and thoughts, I think that it will be a wonderful experience.
    So...
    free tomorrow's schedule - CHECK
    alarm clock set - CHECK
    cold drinks - CHECK
    snacks - CHECK (though i don't think i'd even bother eating)
    do not disturb sign - CHECK
    i guess i'm ready....

ASIDE:
    Aww, today's the death anniversary of Ninoy Aquino - Cory Aquino's Jo Guk. So news about Cory and Ninoy, again, flooded our television. This time the news is trying to focus on the Cory-Ninoy love story. Now, I'm not sure if they are just trying to romanticize it, or City Hall romance is simply swirling in my head - but i can't help but smile listening to the story especially old interviews of Cory describing Ninoy, their courtship and his romantic side (shall i look for politicians? seems like they are the romantic-type)
    But what gave me goosebumps is the concluding sentence of the reporter. Roughly translated in English as One great love of two great politicians that made a difference - makes me think of our Jo Guk and Mi Rae beyond episode 20.. beyond the 5 years after...
    aish~ reading the thread the whole day can drive me nuts... i'm out of here~

and one last attempt... F5... nada.... image
    001.gif002.gif
  • naadianaanaadianaa Posts: 49Member
    @alodia,

Thnx for the feedback and no need for the apology. I'm sure you're pretty busy with life, subbing and maintaining the thread. Anyway, just want to let you know tht my friend has successfully converted her City Hall copy to .mpg file and watch it through her DVD player. As for convertxtodvd, I have the software and has previously used it but I hate the fact tht it takes up so much space, bigger file size. I'll try to convert my copy to .mp4 using Megui instead. Since Megui offers the ability to encode with better quality plus smaller file size. Thnx again alodia! image
    imageimage
  • etee7114etee7114 Posts: 493Member
    QUOTE (*alodia* @ Aug 21 2009, 07:49 PM) »
    FINALLY!!!! Managed to finished reading all 6618 posts.... phew!
    I'm sure there will still be a lot more to read from everyone as day pass by...
    But I swear! I won't let this much back logs again. It was tiring - though I didn't regret any bit of it.

First page looks a bit messy after I stashed everything. Will need some editing in the next few weeks.
    (plus most posts are indexed on my notepads)
    Actually in the mood to do some edits right now, but I need to sleep early (for once), since tomorrow will be MY 1st CITY HALL MARATHON DAY! Yey!

1st: live (not all episodes)
    2nd: raws morning after the airing
    then numerous watch (plus endless rewinds and fast forwards) while subbing
    but never was I able to re-watch it in one sitting... so i'm quite excited tomorrow to enjoy City Hall once again.
    And after reading all your posts and thoughts, I think that it will be a wonderful experience.
    So...
    free tomorrow's schedule - CHECK
    alarm clock set - CHECK
    cold drinks - CHECK
    snacks - CHECK (though i don't think i'd even bother eating)
    do not disturb sign - CHECK
    i guess i'm ready....

and one last attempt... F5... nada.... image

Hey alodia,
    Congrats on your backreading and indexing and replying all at the same time. I don't know how you do it, but I did say in several posts back how I admire your ability to remember quotes.

Anyways, don't forget the soju/red wine to go with your snacks.
    Some candles for ambience might help too.
    Lastly, a box of tissue just in case.
    Finally, happy CH marathon-ing! I had the same feeling when subbing because you have to focus on the task and not on the drama itself. I have rewatched CH in blocks but not a full 20 epi-marathon. Hmmmm....you've given me an idea. I will give it a try one of these days. And yes, I'll have to shut everything else out....so hard to do these days.

Again enjoy the fruits of your labor! image
  • michellephanmichellephan Melbourne,VIC AustraliaPosts: 589Member
    edited August 2009
    I really love City Hall...i've ever made the MV before...
    now i tried to made one-the song i choose very old *^^*
    i don't think it's good but i just feel to made s.t for City
    Hall the film which i love forever ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogwV06bYCJY&feature=email

The Special Girl Of My Heart