Good/cheap facial masks?

Guest hyobutts

Guest hyobutts

I love facial masks, but I'm not willing to spend a lot of money on them.  I'm also too scared to make homemade facials...I hear too many bad things about them.
Have you found any facial masks in stores that worked for you?  I'm talking about normal stores, such as Target, Wal-Mart, etc.  No need to get fancy, I'm a low-maintenance type of woman.  
So, suggestions? :)

Guest UnicornGummi

queen helene mint julep masque ! everyone raves about it and it's REALLY cheap (like maybe 3 dollars for a large tube at CVS or something). I own it and I feel like it does a good job of cleaning your face. The only problem is that it might be a little drying, so be sure to use a good moisturizer afterwards and not to use it every day, maybe like twice a week or something. 

Guest Jia Io

you can try mybeautydiary facial masks, they're the sheet type and work really well. I don't think target or walmart has them you'll have to go to asian stores, and beware of fakes.

Guest pftbluejeans

Regarding the My Beauty Diary masks, you can actually order them from the walmart website. I don't know if they're authentic or not-I usually get mine from Sasa. I have also tried the Queen Helene mint julep mask and it stung. I kept using it once a week to see if I got any improvements (and I was desperate for clearer skin) but eventually it burned too much to leave on. I don't really recommend it but ymmv.

Guest electricolor

Freeman's clay masks (the avocado or lemon one) are really good, and they're around $2-3. My skin always looks so much better after using it. I haven't tried the other masks though~ 

Guest mizteaza

Etude House vitamin c masks. Theyre really cheap and works well for me. I have combination to oily skin.

Guest ZoidbergMD

DIY masks are actually pretty fool proof. The only reason you would have and adverse reaction is if you have any allergies to what you're putting into the mask.

Oatmeal and honey scrub is great, oatmeal and yogurt, avocado and honey is also great. Egg white masks are good too, tomato scrub etc.

The key is moderation, just because something works fantastic once or twice doesn't mean you should do it every day. Also rotating your masks and identifying your skin needs and using something that targets that need.

Guest mizteaza

^ try checking out michelle phan's videos on youtube she has many of these tutorials on DIY masks. 
Ughhhh wanted to try the my beauty diary masks but there's no way I have access to it. :(

Guest timkitchen

Here are some best and affordable facial masks. You can use these for removing impurities from your skin and one to two times a week for best results.
* Murad clarifying mask.
* Boscia Clarifying Detox Mask.
* Bliss Steep Clean Mask.
* Burts Bees Healthy Treatment Pore Refining Mask.
* Laura Mercier Deep Cleansing Clay Mask.
* Ole Henriksen Blemish Attack Purifying Mask.
The all product are effective and gets top reviews from users. Try this.

Guest meimeix3

Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque and Free Man's Clay Masks are very cheap (3 to 8 bucks in Canada) and both are amazing. If you'd like a Korean Product, try the Skinfood Egg White Pore Mask, it is very good because egg whites are essentially use to tighten your pores and reduce oiliness. 
Now if you want to go for the CHEAPEST mask, it would be a DIY Egg white Mask, and this is simply easy: Just whisk egg whites until it's a bit foamy and spread the egg whites on your face and leave it on for about 15 minutes. I suggest sleeping with this maskon as it is does so many wonders! If you have oily skin or want to lighten your skin, add some fresh lemon juice to the mask and leave it on overnight. This mask will tighten your skin and pores while lightening it. It's amazing.
Personally, I use the Queen Helen Mint Julep Masque., my results are not bad. it did reduce my oil production. However, I also make my egg white mask every 2 weeks..

• 3 weeks later...
Guest neofiona

I used to spend lots of money on masks, then i realised regardless of the price, the effect of each brand turned out to be similar (even for those that seemed to be really 'effective', it's temporary), so i started making organic masks by myself, like mixing oatmeal and honey or milk. They are natural and cheap. The only drawback is it's kind of troublesome and unlike those paper masks, you can't put the mask aside and directly go to sleep.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ih1009

I really love FACEQ masks!! I think they are a sister brand with My Beauty Diary, but FACEQ is a lot better! Price wise its about the same range as My Beauty Diary. I've tried most of the FACEQ masks, but my favourite would be their Adlay Luffa one for moisturizing. After using the mask, it doesn't leave the skin with a sticky feeling, which is why I love it so much.

Guest blackrosexoxo

mmm the whole my beauty diary facial mask range are all really cheap and pretty good! they have a mask to address literally every skin concern! another great mask for acne would be the Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask! That stuff is an amaaazing clay mask that reaaally draws out all your impurities! you get a big bottle for like $4!

Archived