[movie 2007] D-war 디 워

Guest 80slitenite

This was so ridiculously hyped up in Korea.

Like everyone thought Americans were going to go watch D-War. I didn't even know D-War was going to be shown in the states. And everyone (seriously everyone) thought D-War was a big deal in America too.

And so obviously I didnt watch it. My friend watched it and said it was LAME. They showed so many clips on TV, I basically saw the entire movie. And from what I saw, the effects were lame.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish the Host was shown in US theatres instead (I know it was, but I meant in larger scale like this movie). This looks....yikes. I hope people don't make generalizations about all Korean movies after watching this one.

Guest papasmurf

well it was for kids anyways....that's why it was a summer vacation movie for kids..and of course ppl like us aren't gonna like it, but i'll watch it.....i wanna gib it a shot...i thought spiderman 3 was crap....i liked transformers just bcuz they showed the camaros.....if it wasn't for that car i would've not enjoyed it as much i did

oh man this movie is sooo bad!

few weeks ago, they had a showing at arclight for all the korean media, so I got to go and watch it. what a waste of my time!

ok and what's with the guy who gets shot and he's like fine the next minute? :huh:

and at the end, you can't even tell which one is the good dragon and which one is the bad dragon!

This was so ridiculously hyped up in Korea.

Like everyone thought Americans were going to go watch D-War. I didn't even know D-War was going to be shown in the states. And everyone (seriously everyone) thought D-War was a big deal in America too.

And so obviously I didnt watch it. My friend watched it and said it was LAME. They showed so many clips on TV, I basically saw the entire movie. And from what I saw, the effects were lame.

blame the media (that rarely focuses on things besides korean things)?

lol it seems the director already has written a sequel for this movie.

---------------

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2880394

He might soon be sleeping with fish

By Chun Su-jin

September 12, 2007

On the to-do-list of “D-War” director Shim Hyung-rae are Marlon Brando and fish.

Shim, who is enjoying a box office bonanza with his sci-fi film D-War despite terrible reviews from critics, said on Monday that he has finished writing a sequel to D-War, along with a few other films which will rely on computer graphics.

One is the tentatively-titled “The Last Godfather” in which Shim plans to revive the legendary actor Brando with computer graphics so he can use Brando’s famous Don Corleone character for slapstick comedy.

Meanwhile, fish will feature in “Fish-War,” an underwater sci-fi film. Shim said that he has already finished an in-depth study of the computer graphics required to make the film work.

D-War, a Korean film shot in English triggered controversy because of its use of the Korean folk song Arirang and a patriotic message from the director inserted at the end.

In his defense Shim said on Monday that he added the epilogue only because he wanted to “commemorate the hardships he went through.”

After selling more than 8.2 million tickets at home, D-War is set to open on more than 1,500 screens in some 60 U.S. cities this week.

Shim said that he is scheduled to meet the former actor and California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in Los Angeles before the U.S. opening.

Guest pikapika

to tell you the truth~it hasnt got the greatest reviews and the animation was cool from the preview~but it still looked a bit fake...and i fear the acting is going to suck -____-"

Guest thendougsaid

i heard this movie sucks but i feel like i have to watch it because its korean... there was a korean critic that said they want the movie to succedd because its korean but because its good. i feel the same.

I just watched it and I want my money back. Everyone was laughing...not like laughing b/c it was so humerous...but laughing at the movie. Seriously, the movie was a joke!

oh goodness

this is d-war

i saw this in korea

i ABSOLUTELY didn't want to watch it but someone convinced me that it got good reviews..

but yeah.. i didn't really enjoy it

Guest mariella

The director also wrote the script... that's one of the many big problems. He should have just stuck to directing.. The script was terrible...just horrible.. there were SO SO many holes in the plot and flow of the story.. So many things left unexplained and confusing. I had to cringe and cover my face from embarrassment at some of the worst lines ever. The acting was literally a F. Jason Behr was a C+ and his token black friend was a B. Everyone else.. most especially Jack and Sarah gets F.. a Z if possible for those two. Even the dragon/snakes were much better at acting than Sarah. (couldn't they at least find someone pretty?) The Korean cast were all nobodies too.. That's fine but their acting was pretty weak also.. The young guy had a weird face. The girl was pretty plain. The casting director needs to find a new line of job.

God, I hated the Arirang song at the end.. It clashed with everything that went on. If I could just shake the director/writer and ask what the heck was he thinking.. What a real waste of effort, money and time.

There were only Three small, i mean small highlights of the film..

(when the black guy stole the bad guy's sword.. that was kind of funny, when that random grandma tried to follow the bad guy and go through the fence for some reason.. and when the "good" dragon came out of the blue after all this time doing god knows what and started to finally fight the bad one.. then turns into a real dragon.. although the fight could have been much better and I could barely tell the difference between the two prior to transformation)

There were so many bad parts I can't list it all.

As long as there's explosives and dragons flying around. That's all that counts. :D

I wouldn't even consider this a Korean movie. Probably an American movie with a Korean director, but that's it. A Korean movie is basically done with mostly Koreans, as in actors and etc.

I probably won't watch this and download it instead. My parents are going to watch it tomorrow, since it was so hyped up in all of the Korean newspapers(in America). They'll tell me afterwards, I have to study. -.-"

Guest papasmurf

i saw it and was not bad at all....i mean it's not a greatest movie, but not bad for sf. If ur open minded it's fun, but if u get all hyped up about it, then u'll be kinda disappointed. CG effects were great, but acting was horrible.....*sigh* i would say baraki or buraki acted better than them, and it's a CG monster hahaa

Guest sweetkiss

It's not doing too badly in america, for its first release wknd. It's #5 in the box office during the first wknd of its release.

5 - Dragon Wars (D-War) Freestyle Releasing $5,041,239 $5,041,239 1 2277

credits: yahoo

personally, i thought it would flop in america cuz it wasnt as overpublicized as it was in korea. and overall, the acting sucked, the plot sucked, & had really really cheesy/corny/lame dialogue -0- the girl wasnt pretty and it was weird cuz korean ppl got reborn as american ppl 500 yrs later...but on the otherhand, i like jason behr ^^

Archived