Sm Ent. Global Audition Preview (practices)

Guest Mi_chan

Guest Kiwi Blush

I'm sorry for being persistent, but please...

will someone show me love..... :P

Post 2

Post 1

Uhh...not really a crit but..

You look kinda' like Yunho in your avatar. :blink:

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest heekyung0709

Uhh...not really a crit but..

You look kinda' like Yunho in your avatar. :blink:

.... Wow, I think I'm going to change that now..... :blink:

What about the other photos????

Guest vienna

^ if you want someone to judge your looks

please post in the official can i make it based to looks? thread.

Guest kittychang

Name: Kitty

Height: 5'3

Weight:120

auditioning for : singing

Picture0004.jpg

Picture0006.jpg

me singing zhi xiang ai ni

i only recorded it once since i didnt have much time >.<"

pls criticize me if you have an opinion!!!!

thank you! i really want to improve my self!!

so pleaseeeee

Guest vienna

Ive never heard that song before so can you tell me who sings it please?

okaayy so keeping in mind that ive never heard it before:

You're flat in most places.. you started off well but then

at 0.13-0.15

at 0.23-0.24

at 0.25-0.47 ish? -- and then until just before the last 10 secs

you went flat/went off key?

maybe im wrong

but if you tell me who sings that song I'll listen to it can give you better feedback?

to put it bluntly you need to work VERY hard to become a singer.

I do like your voice, i think it sounds very cute but you need to listen to yourself while you're singing

I'm just wondering if you had your headphones in while you were singing?

if you did, then i suggest youu take them off and sing acapella. =]

if you can hear yourself singing, you can coorrect yourself. =]

GL!

Guest kittychang

Ive never heard that song before so can you tell me who sings it please?

okaayy so keeping in mind that ive never heard it before:

You're flat in most places.. you started off well but then

at 0.13-0.15

at 0.23-0.24

at 0.25-0.47 ish? -- and then until just before the last 10 secs

you went flat/went off key?

maybe im wrong

but if you tell me who sings that song I'll listen to it can give you better feedback?

to put it bluntly you need to work VERY hard to become a singer.

I do like your voice, i think it sounds very cute but you need to listen to yourself while you're singing

I'm just wondering if you had your headphones in while you were singing?

if you did, then i suggest youu take them off and sing acapella. =]

if you can hear yourself singing, you can coorrect yourself. =]

GL!

XD thanks for the comment >.<"

I NEED TO WORK HARDER (*gotta get a singing teacher*)

but the person who sings that song is rainie yang

and the name of the song is zhi xiang ai ni

and i dont have head phones on >.< and at the end my cat came T.T@_@

• 4 weeks later...
Guest BBQLoverz

Name: Jeong

Height: 5"7 or 8

Weight: 125

Photos: None

What are you auditioning for? : Not auditioning

Song: 눈의 꽃 - http://www.box.net/shared/9drf54tr3y

Last time I posted someone commented I sound drunk, could someone tell me if I still do sound like a drunk? or Mumble? Crit and Suggestions please.

Guest Keiyun

Song: 눈의 꽃 - http://www.box.net/shared/9drf54tr3y

Last time I posted someone commented I sound drunk, could someone tell me if I still do sound like a drunk? or Mumble? Crit and Suggestions please.

It's slightly out of your range.

You miss the lowest note by a bit and change key A LOT in the beginning.

The highest note is also out of your range. Some of your notes are also flat.

My advice would be to choose a different song. I can tell you have a good voice, but a different song would DEFINITELY show your voice off better. This song's a tough song to sing. ><; You have a very nice vibrato, also. ^^ Don't place so much "stress" on your voice, because it sounds like your throat is verrrry tight. Relax a little. =]

Guest It4cH1

Song: ?? ? - http://www.box.net/shared/9drf54tr3y

I'll try to help you out.

Definetely wrong song choice. the other person that commented you said that this song isn't in your range. And its not that it's not in your range, but those high notes that you were struggling on, shouldn't be chested at all, and it's actually never chested. You need to head voice those notes, and making your headvoice sound good takes alot of time, if you aren't sure at what a headvoice is, listen to the original and hear how there's some parts that go lighter in tone, and it kinda sorta takes a different quality of sound? If you can master it, it'll increase your range quite a bit, but making it sound good is awfully hard.

So about the drunk/mumbling comment, it's not that you sound drunk, but you're slurring your notes alot. And instead of hitting the pitches dead on, it sounds like you're sliding into the right pitch. You should work on annunciating your words better on some parts of the song, and trying to hit the notes dead on instead of sliding to the right pitch.

Throughout the song i think you should put a bit more emotions to make it a bit more fluid and to stride away from a monotone effect.

Try to get as much breath support practice before the auditions [oh wait you aren't auditioning], and really work on keeping your pitch stable. You have a very nice vibratto, but it tends to fall flat near the ends because you aren't supporting the ending notes well enough.

You have a very nice chest voice, it's very soothing. But if you were auditioning, you would have to show more of your range lets say, maybe Lee Seung Gi, SG Wannabe, something with alot of chest voice parts. But if you're trying to sing a soft ballad, maybe go with an Alex from Clazziquai song or Sung Shi Gyung, maybe Eru.

Hope this helps out. [i don't mean it in the slightest negetivity. just wanted to help :]]

Guest BBQLoverz

No It4cH1, negative is better. (Not all the time lol) Thanks for being honest. Anyway, I know the head voice, right now I am doing singing success, but I have been lazy on the exercises. Right now, I have gap in my voice which makes me flip from chest to falsetto, so I have try some exercises for closure, but it's not working well. If you know any good exercises to find the head voice besides nays, mums, lip rolls, then please tell me. And yea, I have a problem with monotone, not sure how to fix that. Would be appreciated if you could tell me.

I came across my "head voice" but no sound comes out, and when it does, it's like a rough, breaking sound if you know what I mean. Know how to fix that?

Also for the breathing, I was told to breath through my diaphragm, where it expands when I breath, but I am not sure how it works. Do I literally expand and bring in the stomach when I am breathing? Or do I harden my stomach like when your doing ab workout, and breath without moving your stomach?

Oh and I thought lee seung gi, sg wannabe, usually sings in mixed or head voice and not chest?

Guest athenachen

Name: Athena

Height: 5'5

Weight: 130 <----- working on losing some weight ^^;;

Photos:

n615571960_1094510_5265.jpg

one of my more recent pictures

n615571960_1083193_8744.jpg

another one :)

n615571960_946642_1708.jpg

older photo but taken by a friend

What are you auditioning for? : singing

Song: i'll post it tomorrow :D

need to record it, my mic sucks though :(

anyway, thanks for any critiques when i post up my clips ^^

-edit-

here is one song so far

i'll post more songs tomorrow

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=863984

Guest ohmydora

Name: Dora

Height: 5'0

Weight: 120

Photos:

I don't have any updated ones, so I guess that might come later.

What are you auditioning for? : Singing and possibly dancing

Video Clip:

I realize that the song I sing in this video is very simple, but I do plan on posting more challenging songs soon. I just wanted to test out everything and then go from there. So, if you can advise me on my tone and voice, I'd greatly appreciate it. And maybe, if you want, I'd love to hear suggestions for songs that fit my voice.

Thank you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yao_nuzxfJs

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Crazyasian3119

i don't have a camera at the moment to record a recent video of me singing... i lied. i don't have the camera USB cable. but... i found something.

WARNING: turn your volume down! my choir director tells us to "belt it out"... but i guess it only works in the choir. sorry for deafening you ahead of time. but here's the video. yes, its on my karaoke machine thing! (^_~)

i'll accept any criticism... but please don't be mean like: "okay, we know you can yell... now can you sing?" because i already know i "yell". besides, i warned you (^_~). i've never had any voice lessons... but i was wondering if you think i could improve with proper lessons. i have a hard time transitioning between my voices... (insert sad face here).

and i already posted this in that "can i make it based on looks and talent" thread. but i only got one "feedback". it was really good. almost too good. so here i am, posting again.

Guest aliceamanda

i don't have a camera at the moment to record a recent video of me singing... i lied. i don't have the camera USB cable. but... i found something.

WARNING: turn your volume down! my choir director tells us to "belt it out"... but i guess it only works in the choir. sorry for deafening you ahead of time. but here's the video. yes, its on my karaoke machine thing! (^_~)

i'll accept any criticism... but please don't be mean like: "okay, we know you can yell... now can you sing?" because i already know i "yell". besides, i warned you (^_~). i've never had any voice lessons... but i was wondering if you think i could improve with proper lessons. i have a hard time transitioning between my voices... (insert sad face here).

and i already posted this in that "can i make it based on looks and talent" thread. but i only got one "feedback". it was really good. almost too good. so here i am, posting again.

hey, i just commented on ur youtube video, even though it probably won't help, lol

wow u never had any vocal lessons before? and u sound this great? amazinggggg. do u use ur diaphram or ur throat? sorry i just learned where my diaphram is this morning -__- and i'm no music expert :P why'd u cut the image? or w.e. i wanted to know what u did when you were singing those high notes. btw how old r u? anyways, good luck!

Guest Crazyasian3119

hey, i just commented on ur youtube video, even though it probably won't help, lol

wow u never had any vocal lessons before? and u sound this great? amazinggggg. do u use ur diaphram or ur throat? sorry i just learned where my diaphram is this morning -__- and i'm no music expert :P why'd u cut the image? or w.e. i wanted to know what u did when you were singing those high notes. btw how old r u? anyways, good luck!

wow, thanks!

i guess i use my diaphram...? i'm no music expert either.

i cut it because... i don't like the way i look when i sing. maybe... when i get over how ridiculuous i look, i'll put up the "uncut" one. i really envy mariah carey (in the old days), whitney houston, and celine dion who look really pretty even when they're belting out the high notes.

i'm 16. why?

Archived